Thread: Christmas is coming...

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Christmas is coming...

...and so are my doubts. It is time for my rant of the end of the year.

I've had a squeaky problem with the fact that I can't seem to be a socialite like the other classmates of mine. They're always together and stuff, talking countless hours... I have a gazillion of friends myself (I've changed schools 3 times, so imagine...) but I only spend countless hours with my close friends. Socialites spend countless hours with everyone...

My question is about what. Most of the people, actually 90%, talk about gossip, who's with who, who got drunk when and where and this kind of stuff. The other 10% are the geeks and nerds who talk about the latest games and computers. While I can be proud of the fact I can easily blend in with both groups, it amazes me how much time people can spend on talking about useless . I spend a lot of time too, but come on, talking every day, gossiping? Jeez.

Any thoughts? What about you guys?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thumbs up Re: Christmas is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    Christmas is coming...
    YES!!!!

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Re: Christmas is coming...

Hang out with the nerds, its better to talk about M2TW than how x just dumped y for z
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Prefect of Judea (former) Member Pontius Pilate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post

I've had a squeaky problem with the fact that I can't seem to be a socialite like the other classmates of mine. They're always together and stuff, talking countless hours... I have a gazillion of friends myself (I've changed schools 3 times, so imagine...) but I only spend countless hours with my close friends. Socialites spend countless hours with everyone...

My question is about what. Most of the people, actually 90%, talk about gossip, who's with who, who got drunk when and where and this kind of stuff. The other 10% are the geeks and nerds who talk about the latest games and computers. While I can be proud of the fact I can easily blend in with both groups, it amazes me how much time people can spend on talking about useless . I spend a lot of time too, but come on, talking every day, gossiping? Jeez.

I know what you mean. I just don't get how people can spend so much time talking about useless things that won't effect anything in the real world. then again isn't that what we all are doing on the Org.?
    SPQR SPQR

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    LS is the best! LS is the best! Come on people sing along!!

Exclamation Re: Christmas is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by PP
    I know what you mean. I just don't get how people can spend so much time talking about useless things that won't effect anything in the real world. then again isn't that what we all are doing on the Org.?
    Yes. Speaking of which, I heard you just broke up with Jane. S'true?

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

My question is about what. Most of the people, actually 90%, talk about gossip, who's with who, who got drunk when and where and this kind of stuff.
    Okay, I understand the "who's with who" crap, but don't tell me you don't enjoy swapping drunk stories, i.e. "That time I got hammered and lit a car on fire" or "that time my friend got hammered and slept with a 300 lb. fat chick" kinda stuff. Those are just entertaining yarns; don't compare them with gossip, please.

Anyhow it's in human nature, literally, to talk about useless stuff. I'm sure it comes from talking about the latest gazelle hotspot, or who's having trouble with his concubines (i.e. we might have a chance!) Humans are just a communicatory species by nature. It's how we interact and bond in the long term. I personally regret not being able to shoot the , because I feel like I miss out on a lot of human interaction. You should treasure light talk, not mock it, because being cut off in that way is very depressing in the long run. Just don't become obsessed with it like some people do.
    Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 12-21-2008 at 12:46. Reason: foul language

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Joe View Post
    Okay, I understand the "who's with who" crap, but don't tell me you don't enjoy swapping drunk stories, i.e. "That time I got hammered and lit a car on fire" or "that time my friend got hammered and slept with a 300 lb. fat chick" kinda stuff. Those are just entertaining yarns; don't compare them with gossip, please.
    Reverend is completely correct.

Hunting stories, fishing stories, and drinking stories are not gossip.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

People suck.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't forget good old footy stories. And paying out each other

I love peoples. I just can't get enough of them

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

I hate to admit it...but I do understand you... I suck at random conversations... mostly cause I never have anything interesting to say... I bet my friends won't appreciate my tales of the books I'm reading =P.

Dang.... <.<
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My personal opinion:

Is this really a problem? You should spend as much as time you wish and it's not necessary to waste your time with people you do not like... Of course, it is not good to isloate (I mean totally isolate) in one particular group, either(but I doubt this is your problem)...

As far as the socialite people are concerned... You can be a socialite and feel lonely, too.

P.S. I catch myself often switching to history at some stage of the conversation. I find this quite embarrassing and try to reduce it at minimum so that I do not become boring... Well, the case is slightly different when the opposite side loves history, too. Then everything truly goes out of control :p
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 12-21-2008 at 18:49.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

My question is this - how can you possibly talk one entire day, one full day, no break, about gossip and related stuff? Drunk tales don't count, those are funny, that's true, but still... I'm a jabbering bastard, but the same stuff over and over again is beyond my power.

Ok, if I have a common subject with someone, we'll talk for hours. But when I have nothing else than clubbing and gossip, i'm kinda out of it if it's more than 2 hours...

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

My question is this - how can you possibly talk one entire day, one full day, no break, about gossip and related stuff? Drunk tales don't count, those are funny, that's true, but still... I'm a jabbering bastard, but the same stuff over and over again is beyond my power.

Ok, if I have a common subject with someone, we'll talk for hours. But when I have nothing else than clubbing and gossip, i'm kinda out of it if it's more than 2 hours...

I'm screwed if its more than 15 min hehehe

I almost never find anyone with common subjects... that's the bad thing about living in a small town/city

The worst thing is that all my close friends are out of the city on holydays... <.<
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 12-22-2008 at 00:18.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I like booze
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    I like booze
    What more needs to be said?

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    I like booze
    I like that when my friends drink that thing you call booze.
    They ooze so nicely afterwards...

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Hang out with the nerds, its better to talk about M2TW than how x just dumped y for z
    I second Rhyfelwyr's thoughts!!! Nerds rule! Preps drool!