Page 22 of 137 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Default Re: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

visor i'm gonna be salty if you're v and you misread me later in the game despite my prolific use of capitalization and punctuation this morning

Member thankful for this post:

Visor 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Esooa View Post
    can you explain your read on me? I find it odd I'm getting basically nothing but town reads in my catchup while I've not really done much lol
    To keep it simple, I thought your woof game was stiff and it seemed at times you were just pandering to people. Your town game was more loose/relaxed for lack of a better word, I think I see that more here, that's enough for me to think you're okay for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    ya me too, gonna give some time there before deciding what to do.

i did find csargos posts a little awkard at times? but i havent read what ive missed overnight so i may be missing some stuff

it felt a little 200 tildes.
    I figured you'd be well aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    I want to call manasi v for literally no reason other than thread feelz

This is a bad read
    I mindmeld with this read.

this is the longest Visor post I've ever seen I think, and it's constantly making me feel weird about him lol

Am I right you don't usually make posts like this Visor? Why now?
    lol, I had the same feeling. I remember longer posts from Visor, but I haven't seen one in a long long time.

i've committed to too much and this game is on the backburner for me

i wanted to chill more and said I'd be lower posting when I joined

Member thankful for this post:

Official Tally as of #636

5 Ampharos (Visor, Hally, Cuthillius, GeneralHankerchief, pzelda)

2 Csargo (Sunbae, Arapocalypse)
    2 Cuthillius (Maple, Esooa)

1 GeneralHankerchief (Csargo)
    1 Hally (Montmorency)
    1 Maple (Ephemeral)
    1 Montmorency (ColonelLubriderm)

Not Voting: Ampharos, Dolby, dyachei, Manasi

Votes without bold don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse View Post
    It's quite fair that I probably haven't; I actually can't remember the last time I've seen you as mafia? Besides maybe that one pink champs game!!!

I unfortunately am not able to take credit for the funny comic; it was made by 4maskwolf in a recent teamgame, but is very !!!!!!!!!!!!!! for many mafia situations and I am thus adopting it as my own!!!!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Usually, as scum I get sooner or later bussed or outed by bussing.

yes yes i know

vote: GeneralHankerchief

Can you elaborate on one of the ones that you have as okay? Or rather, what's your strongest townread?

How have you found Dolby to be more obviously town than here?
    pzelda>Esooa>GH>Cuth,you, Hally.

I can't really explain the zelda read any better. Other than from last game to this game looks the same to me, so I don't think it's hard to infer that zelda's probably town here. I don't have much to say about the other's that I haven't already said somewhere else.

Cuth, Ara, Hally are just people I felt okay with from skimming the thread, I don't really have anything to point to, to say why exactly. Just that they were people who seemed good to me. I don't want to think about it too much tbh.

I don't understand your second question if I'm honest. Dolby's usually pretty clear-cut and has well thought-out insights regarding the game. This just looks really messy to me. I dunno, it's not really that good of an argument, but ~

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post
    Not Voting: Ampharos, Dolby, dyachei, Manasi
    How likely is it that two or more wolves haven't voted yet? From other votes I only dislike throwaway votes on Maple and Hally and maybe Maple's vote on Cuth, but I find that one reasonable enough given the time it happened and that Cuth's among more controversial players. I actually don't mind votes on GH for now. I might expand on why GH's in my town in the morning if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    the crux of the post for me is the tonal structure of sentences/word choices really pings me

ymmv

and nice cross post gh
    I see where you're coming from regarding Ampharos, I just... am not really getting the same thing? For example, the wording stuff; I feel like I have a semi-decentish sense of general wording and that it isn't overly out of line? Like wacky, for instance; also stuff like the initial post townreading you felt offhandish!!

My point is that reading them just makes me think yeah, those are definitely Ampharos posts; doesn't make me overly lean them either way, I suppose, and I feel like you may be reading into it overly much!!

As an aside, not really related but I think it's actually been a long time since I've actually mindmelded with someone over suspecting someone versus townreads, outside of stupid minor stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post

I can't really explain the zelda read any better. Other than from last game to this game looks the same to me, so I don't think it's hard to infer that zelda's probably town here. I don't have much to say about the other's that I haven't already said somewhere else.

Cuth, Ara, Hally are just people I felt okay with from skimming the thread, I don't really have anything to point to, to say why exactly. Just that they were people who seemed good to me. I don't want to think about it too much tbh.

I don't understand your second question if I'm honest. Dolby's usually pretty clear-cut and has well thought-out insights regarding the game. This just looks really messy to me. I dunno, it's not really that good of an argument, but ~
    I hope I'm not getting pocketed here. I find myself tryharding more to be a findable town this game. But that's my angle.
    Hally probably is falling off because of her recent inactivity, but her early posts were enough for me to lock her town for d1 and d2. She's more of a support type player than a town leader and she has been doing exactly that. Posting content for others to work with.

I'm curious about your GH take and why you're keeping your vote on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    Ara is giving me specifically lms vibes and I don't understand it
    What are lms vibes?

Also, if I were to call anyone threadspewed town, it'd be probably Capage as town!!!!

I read ~all of day 1 of the rocks invitational (and none after) but since that game I've been very wary of considering people threadspewed, cause of the newcomb stuff lol
    What are you referring to?

(Also I only really read the first half of day 1, probably less than you did then!! :p )

Quote Originally Posted by pzelda View Post
    I hope I'm not getting pocketed here. I find myself tryharding more to be a findable town this game. But that's my angle.
    Hally probably is falling off because of her recent inactivity, but her early posts were enough for me to lock her town for d1 and d2. She's more of a support type player than a town leader and she has been doing exactly that. Posting content for others to work with.

I'm just trying to be simple, given my track record of reading you wrong pretty consistently.

I just haven't thought about my vote, because I don't view it as particularly important until later in the phase.

Vote:Dolby

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Ephemeral

Still haven't been enthralled by his posts and want to give Amy a little space.

I think Csargo's looked a little townie in his latest bit of posting; feels like he's just doing his own thing and not really pressured to try to advance any particular agenda. Monty's prolonged absence is another matter. I kind of want to give him the day regardless because I feel like I'll be able to get a solid handle on him by D2, but in order to do that I need posts, and, well. Right now I think he's basically at rand, wouldn't go there unless have been townie. Feels like a copout chop that could go either way.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Vote: Ephemeral

Still haven't been enthralled by his posts and want to give Amy a little space.

I think Csargo's looked a little townie in his latest bit of posting; feels like he's just doing his own thing and not really pressured to try to advance any particular agenda. Monty's prolonged absence is another matter. I kind of want to give him the day regardless because I feel like I'll be able to get a solid handle on him by D2, but in order to do that I need posts, and, well. Right now I think he's basically at rand, wouldn't go there unless have been townie. Feels like a copout chop that could go either way.
    Formatting ate an important part of that post, it should read wouldn't go there unless [most other people in the game] have been townie.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Hmm, okay!!

Would you say you have a lot of experience with him and if so, as which alignment(s)? pzelda, that is!

My question is essentially... that answers it, sort of I guess? Good to know, anyway!!!

How likely is it that two or more wolves haven't voted yet? From other votes I only dislike throwaway votes on Maple and Hally and maybe Maple's vote on Cuth, but I find that one reasonable enough given the time it happened and that Cuth's among more controversial players. I actually don't mind votes on GH for now. I might expand on why GH's in my town in the morning if necessary.
    If you're still up, any chance you can explain about it now?

If not, the morning is cool too; no rush!!!

I don't know what else you want to talk about re:GH, but if you give me specifics I'll try. Most of what I've posted already is how I feel.

am I wrong to think that Ara getting a slew of V reads means someone somewhere is TMI'ing her alignment?

I ask because I don't think they've been overwhelmingly villagy and I say this with the caveat that I am by no means an ara whisperer.

Vote: Csargo

Hmm, okay!!

Would you say you have a lot of experience with him and if so, as which alignment(s)? pzelda, that is!

My question is essentially... that answers it, sort of I guess? Good to know, anyway!!!
    I have a decent amount of experience with pzelda as both alignments I think. More town than woof iirc. I was in both the games GH posted earlier today.

Still mulling over the Visor read of Ampharos in my head; intially I was mostly shrug about it because I just feel like it's reading into it more than it is actually alignment-indicative!!! On second thought, I guess I somewhat like some of the nuance in it? General scope of the read, just sort of early but also I just personally don't really get into reads like that that early, but I think the way Visor approached it in general felt decently, also when factoring in the way he was talking about it before getting into it as though it was literal fact and stuff... I just don't necessarily agree with the case!!

Not really sure how comprehensible that was, but I've been staring at this post for literal ages now, so yeah!!!!!

I like the conceptualization of Hally as a support type player lol

What are you referring to?

(Also I only really read the first half of day 1, probably less than you did then!! :p )
    reads like "the amount of people who's interactions with newcomb are leaning into trying to gain his favor means he's spewed town" when he was wolf

I have a decent amount of experience with pzelda as both alignments I think. More town than woof iirc. I was in both the games GH posted earlier today.
    Alright, good to know!!!!!

Threadspewed hype!!!

I like ara rn!!!!!

Page 22 of 137 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast