Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

Default Re: 04/12 Generic Fantasy WW Game Thread

today sucked. work sucks. i'll be around tomorrow afternoon/evening and catch up then, hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Brannigan View Post
    Who do you think has been townier?
    You, Cuth, Empoof and ladd. Maybe Insaner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Newyn View Post
    Cuth is town here.

People giving merlin a free pass, what if he's some secret alt that's not actually new? Would you still town read them then?
    Yes.

vote: ladd

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    OK, a few thoughts from a Barto that really needs Focusyn but won't take it so that the John Carpenter film that's about to start can actually disable my remaining neurons and make me fall asleep before 5 a.m. for once in my sorry life.

There's a lot of players whom I cannot read (ladd, Egix, dyachei -mostly-, Insaner, Empoof, merl1n, Fable -mostly-) because I haven't played with them -well, dyachei and Fable a bit, but it's been ages. So I'll play it by ear.
    There's something weird there.

Zack's being aggressive and his read on me seems to have caused an interesting chain reaction from easy bandwaggoners (notice how *he* isn't voting me ;))…

… and then you voted Choxie, at least, but Fable's reaction makes me still suspect him.

newyn/Choxorn's N/A for now but only because it's D1. I've seen mafia duos get by with mutual tunnelling before.

GH's stopping by to post an announcement that he cannot post is odd.

Cuth… my x-postspidey sense tells me that's the real Cuth, at least he's solving, leave alone for now.

Monty… I think he tried to defend me? Odd. But then he voted for me (post #193) without even saying why, just jumping on the bandwaggon. I cannot take earlier D1 votes as terribly serious but Monty's I can because he does a lot of analysis and then plonks down the vote on me. Ty Monty and vote:Montmorency (Fable, get active, man). Counterwaggon roll, choo-choo!

Has anybody seen pzelda? He's the only one not posting.
    This post from Barto is alright. He just sees the things that look odd to him and spills it out into the thread. It looks natural. I think his jab at consensus #1 town read Zack is villagery because the wolves already know they won't be lynching him. Also calling someone odd for trying to defend you is probably >rand villager although I don't really have many examples to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
    This catch up post reminds me of Scare's wolf game
    I appreciate you getting that thought out there, but I'm not really seeing how that's... relevant? iirc ladd and Scare haven't played together recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
    The bottom one. Is there a way to clear multi quotes on mobile other than by unclicking each quote individually?
    Going Advanced and then posting might help. I know it clears MQs on MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    Actually, looking again, it's really just been Zack and Empoof with ladd sorta thinking he was wolfy but not strongly pushing him.

Is there anyone else you do feel particularly good about being a wolf? Does Barto still look like the wolfiest player to you?
    no

and probably? I just skimmed the last 3 pages or so and this is the first post I have been able to make from pc all game so maybe when I actually have time to sit down and play later today stuff will change

Hi, finally here. I see a number of familiar faces. You might not recognize me, but I know most of you. I lurked around MU for years and read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Empoof View Post
    I like Zack

insaner indifferent, I agree with the words that they say (Zack barto push > GH barto push) but lacks some of the hutzpah I expect from them.

GH lean very slightly good but also feels like he might be trying a bit too hard.

Logic good for bad reasons.

Monty feels sorta offputting but I think it's a playstyle thing.

Merl1n baseline good.

I disagree on Zack. He's just playing around. His push ob Barto wasn't based on a real read imho
    Insaner posting twice as much as the rest of game has been my only impression
    I guess this got explained meanwhile.
    I reread Monty's wall thrice and the only thing, which pings me is the weird remark on GH.
    I hope this got expanded.

Empoof's reads make me sleepy. I guess I need to cup of damn good coffee.

Let me tell you, this was a wild night, could be wilder but I was too of a nerd for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Post caps are all well and good, but they're too crude when most people by inclination or conditioning are going to cluster around the high end of the distribution. A post cap just can't reproduce what we have in this thread preceding my post, <30 posts in 12 hours (somehow less active than CFC!). Also, light games are all 13 players IIRC. What about games with triple that number? And the cap comes down during EOD anyway, though I suppose a strict cap probably hasn't been tried (too unpopular?).

We need a sophisticated set of incentives, yet falling short of an actual posting-oriented game mechanic because that's an unwelcome distortion against the rest of the design. Otherwise, establish a consensus social context, like the one governing speaking volume in libraries. Catch-22: how will players trust a high-player space enough to sign up before a high-player game has demonstrated a manageable rate of activity?

Back to the game: Are insaner, Merlin, Zack, and empoof seriously all consensus town-leans now? Talk about first-mover advantage. I can't say it's terrible, but meh. It's not good. Merlin and insaner can have D1 towncred though.
    (The careful observer notes that town-leans are all town-leans because they have each other town-leaning each other, which means either an unbreakable town core or our doom as Mafia have seized narrative control.)

I think Cuth posted a Cuth kind of analysis post from my limited experience with him, but usually its been done in the context of a flow of a bunch of other posts trying to explain/defend himself. IIRC.

Wait, are you offering wrong reads for others to push their agendas on? Are you third party? Oh shit, is this a cult game?

I feel ya bud!

Unironically (by all appearances) ranking yourself below another player is sketchy. Are you 3P?

I kind of agree, actually. On the other hand, prior to his posting more here this may be nothing more than a reproduction of his uneasily subdued play in the CFC game just now, where he was lynched D1. In which case I should defend Logic against being lynchbaited.

It's possible his playstyle may also have just shifted, since I've been in only a couple of games with him since 2017.

Vote: Barto
    You saying stuff like this makes me think you're either scum who's concerned with hunting for 3ps, or a 3p yourself.

Also, why do you vote Bart after not mentioning him amywhere else in your post?

Unvote. Vote: Montmorency

Quote Originally Posted by pzelda View Post
    I disagree on Zack. He's just playing around. His push ob Barto wasn't based on a real read imho
    Insaner posting twice as much as the rest of game has been my only impression
    I guess this got explained meanwhile.
    I reread Monty's wall thrice and the only thing, which pings me is the weird remark on GH.
    I hope this got expanded.

Empoof's reads make me sleepy. I guess I need to cup of damn good coffee.
    Tonal meme read: Zelda saying "thrice" instead of "three times" is towny

Insaner posting twice as much as the rest of game has been my only impression.
    excuse me sir?

I have EIGHT MORE POSTS than Insaner, and my push was more real than a Madrid-based soccer club.

I find Monty's unrelated thoughts to be some type of content for content. I'm not a big fan. Other than that, It's been a nice game so far. I don't even feel like throwing my vote around and killing someone.

Actually, Empoof has been the loudest voice so far and I like him for that. I read some mashes on MU and he's usually loud trying to powertown or powerwolf. Finding the difference might be hard but this has felt like a honest effort so far.

Townreads so far:
    Empoof
    Merlin
    Insaner
    Egix

Zack and Barto produced some activity and I definitely spotted them. The latter's definitely more lackluster of the two. Zack's late posts are solid and filled with micro reads. My only fear is that the read on him is so consensus. Barto's posts are trashier with more fluff, but I think that him going against the thread might be a good look.

Cuth made a long post I skipped, then returned to it and read the last sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    I think Empoof would take advantage of the open gamestate more as a wolf, have the feeling that his holding back and being tentative is somewhat villagery.
    I'm not a big fan of the wording here. I agree with the read, tho.

The rest is of players consists the bottom pile. I guess monty and gh stand out but not in a good way. GH might be too much of a MU champs meta read, but Monty's just been making fluffy unrelated posts.

Vote: Montomercy

excuse me sir?

I have EIGHT MORE POSTS than Insaner, and my push was more real than a Madrid-based soccer club.

I think I found you meanwhile
    I just prefer to be wary of universally townread players, who also happen to be way better players than me.

excuse me sir?

he's read our posts on MU for years, but has he read THIS THREAD?

I find Monty's unrelated thoughts to be some type of content for content. I'm not a big fan.
    I do agree, it feels like he is posting just to post. Not really seeing any gamesolving from him. Not making much sense either.

I feel really quiet this game, maybe I got a little loud when I was pushing back on monty's thing.

But idk, I have been known to have a huge, bulging personality.

Season 1 of American vandal was great, I wish I could start watching season 2 but now that my netflix trial is over I'm forced to use my roommates account on the xbox in the living room. So I have to WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW

Also I've been waiting for the perfect post for that emote so I'm super glad it's out there now. Probably could've used it in that "loud" post but forgot.

he's read our posts on MU for years, but has he read THIS THREAD?

I tried to play anonymously, but Insaner spoiled my identity meanwhile. Also, I haven't read a game of yours till the last champs and I remember you waiting there to get killed by mafia, essentially. Here, it's kind of same, actually. Maybe I should look harder at people dealing out free Zack townreads.

i find it a bit curious you read monywall twice but decided to not read cuth's

I tried to play anonymously, but Insaner spoiled my identity meanwhile. Also, I haven't read a game of yours till the last champs and I remember you waiting there to get killed by mafia, essentially. Here, it's kind of same, actually. Maybe I should look harder at people dealing out free Zack townreads.
    With all due respect, what the fuck are you talking about?

I feel like I'm not using my vote effectively and should vote like GH or something.

I'm waiting until around 2 hours before EoD to ask Zack for his barto read update, to which I'm expecting a massive CFD filled with gifs and GH trying to blend in and then we ultimately turn on him.

Idunno if I'm supposed to make this post but I'm going to sleep anyways so future me can deal with it.

Hi Capage, welcome to the game glad to have you around

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    Why would you ever read your partners posts, you already know their alignment

I was posting a lot in both games I played, and in the first game I rekt wolves while the team tried to kill me twice. Your characterization of my play makes no sense

We've also played together in a game on CFC, so

1) I already knew you were Capage
    2) I'm pretty sure that game was before champs so ??? at "haven't read a game of yours until champs last season"

I was also universally townread in both of those champs games, was town, and you somehow are suspicious of me being widely townread here so... again your post doesn't make any sense

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    Formatting. Or I read it but felt like there's not really anything too spicy. Monty I reread because Empoof's super early reads caught my attention. Easy as that, good lad.

With all due respect, what the fuck are you talking about?
    I think you might not remember me from MU. I posted pink as wolf in this year's champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Empoof View Post
    I feel like I'm not using my vote effectively and should vote like GH or something.

I'm waiting until around 2 hours before EoD to ask Zack for his barto read update, to which I'm expecting a massive CFD filled with gifs and GH trying to blend in and then we ultimately turn on him.

Idunno if I'm supposed to make this post but I'm going to sleep anyways so future me can deal with it.

Hi Capage, welcome to the game glad to have you around
    Hey, poof! We haven't played together in a while. I'm intrigued by your light competitive plans btw

i feel gh is perfecrly rand, dont really ger why he is everyone favourite secret wolfread

he hasnt posted much which is pretty nai for him esp d1

and his posts were w/e

I am too tired and don t have time to check if you answe makes sense, p, but thanks for it anyway

can you explain your gh read more? why he dorsnt stand out in a good way? cause like if it s just fause you expect more from him that d apply for boh alognments

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast