Thread: Which war movie turned into a war game you like most?

Default Which war movie turned into a war game you like most?

Hi friends,

Which war movie turned into a war game is your favorite? What do you like and dislike in it?

One of many that I really like is Company of Heroes - the movie and the game. The best thing for me about the movie is the good scenario, the battle scenes and the spirit shown in the movie.

In the game I like the gameplay, the graphics and the emotion that gives me. I think that the game corresponds a lot to the movie story and covers the scenes from it.
    Last edited by CosPetia; 08-12-2014 at 14:09.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Default Re: Which war movie turned into a war game you like most?

Rome Total War was adapted from the HBO miniseries Rome
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Member thankful for this post:

Beskar 

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I don't really want to think about what it really is when I play a game. COD: world at war did a pretty good job at being horrifying. In multiplayer all the gore was awesome, but I didn't really apreciate how nasty it was in single player as the game takes itself so seriously. The single player campaign is really gritty and it's all well done, but leave that to movies and books. It feels a bit perverted that a game tries to do it.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    Rome Total War was adapted from the HBO miniseries Rome
    Not nearly enough sex and nudity in the game for that to be true.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

I can't remember any game derived from a movie that I really liked. Lord of the Rings 3 was probably the best movie game I played, but it is certainly no favorite of mine. What movie is CoH supposed to be derived of?
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

The CoH movie was made post release of CoH
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Sink the Bismarck (1960). 20th Century Fox, Dir. Lewis Gilbert

Game
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Member thankful for this post:

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    I don't really want to think about what it really is when I play a game. COD: world at war did a pretty good job at being horrifying. In multiplayer all the gore was awesome, but I didn't really apreciate how nasty it was in single player as the game takes itself so seriously. The single player campaign is really gritty and it's all well done, but leave that to movies and books. It feels a bit perverted that a game tries to do it.
    the first cod's had some scenes that also were seen in Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. and also enemy at the gates, iirc

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    I can't remember any game derived from a movie that I really liked. Lord of the Rings 3 was probably the best movie game I played, but it is certainly no favorite of mine. What movie is CoH supposed to be derived of?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn_4KlFmkbU

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    The CoH movie was made post release of CoH
    You have a point. I was wondering if the game gave the idea for this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CosPetia View Post
    You have a point. I was wondering if the game gave the idea for this movie.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...r-some-reason/
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.