Thread: Political compass

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Political compass

Take the test and see how you fare, then post the pic to see what you REALLY are.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

Default Re: Political compass

Dont we have a sticky for this one already?
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Yeah, the Political Leanings of Members sticky. Although I don't know how often the political compass map in the OP (for the stickied thread) is updated.

It is total BS anyway. I ended up being a authoritarian with a tiny right leaning, but just about in the middle. It is designed to make people with certain beliefs look like Hitler, and others like Gandhi. It rated my flaming leftist aunt who believes in the almighty power of the allpowerful federal government as an authoritarian with a huge right leaning. It just doesn't work, and I doubt that any stupid quiz can accurately map everyones beliefs, esp when there are people like me with beliefs across the board. And the way they word questions often leaves only one rational answer for both conservatives and liberals.

EDIT:
    I took it again, this time answering two of the questions I thought ambiguous in a different way, and now I got this:

Does anyone who knows me seriously think that is accurate?
    Last edited by Vuk; 04-24-2009 at 10:04.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Can't post the pic but:

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -4.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.26

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, I came out slightly liberal and slightly left...

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

I need a bath...

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Economic Left/Right: 0.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

Sounds about right. Though I was probably a bit more to the right years ago.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Economic Left/Right: 3
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

This is mine:

I believe I'm more authoritarian though.
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Between Zapatero and Merkel. No surprise

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

A lot of the questions are hard for me to answer, particularly those questions where my more Anarcho-Communist ideas take over (Yes I have them...)

Economic Left/Right: -9.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.82

About where I usually end up. EDIT: Actually lol I'm slightly down and to the left of where I am on the Political Compass sticky. Didn't think I'd move in that direction.
    Last edited by CountArach; 04-24-2009 at 14:55.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    A lot of the questions are hard for me to answer, particularly those questions where my more Anarcho-Communist ideas take over (Yes I have them...).
    O RLY?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinseikhaan View Post
    O RLY?
    YA RLY!
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Economic Left/Right: -7.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.18
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Standard for me... 3.12 Right
    -7.03 Libertarian

Last time we did this I put together a chart plotting the position of everyone... I'll do it again, and post one once we have a few more results - note if you want to be included, please give me your numbers, don't just post an image- it's a lot easier for me than trying to dig out a number from a small chart.
    Last edited by Productivity; 04-24-2009 at 15:26.

Member Member Mumu Champion Prodigal's Avatar

So I'm somewhere between the Dali Lama & Mandela .

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -7.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38

Chilling out with Mandela, the Dali Lama and Ghandi.. good company in this quadrant...

Economic Left/Right: -6.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

It appears i was heading right wing and authoritiarian as the time before the result above i had both -8's, but now i have reversed direction and run back down futher into anarchy and left wing thought...

Some of the questions did seem a little stupid though...
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Yeah, what was the "When your feeling down do you like to do something cheerful" question about?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    OK, I came out slightly liberal and slightly left...

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

I need a bath...

Yuck!!! You should be ashamed.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Oh yeah -

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -9.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.72

Though there is a sticky with this in.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Economic Left/Right: -4.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15

1 point more authoritarian and 1.3 points more lefty than the last time I took this test. I think the recession has soured my view of humanity a little bit.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    Yuck!!! You should be ashamed.
    Ashamed? I feel violated!

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Oh yeah -

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -9.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.72

Though there is a sticky with this in.
    I like the contrast with your custom title

I remember not liking this test because there were questions I just didn't agree with...

Well my views have changed on a few things, but as you mention this test is so basic, it can't really get to the nuanced changes in views I have. Anyway, not like I have become right wing.. :x

Ashamed? I feel violated!
    Sorry about that, when you start veering towards the dark side, we get giggly and start poking.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Well my views have changed on a few things, but as you mention this test is so basic, it can't really get to the nuanced changes in views I have. Anyway, not like I have become right wing.. :x

Sorry about that, when you start veering towards the dark side, we get giggly and start poking.
    That's interesting JAG, I expected to see a gaping hole out of the bottom left hand corner of the chart denoting your score. Don't tell me you're turning into Margaret Thatcher on us.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bottom left corner.

No surprises there...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Bottom left corner.

No surprises there...
    Only surprise is that you were still ON the chart.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Although I don't know how often the political compass map in the OP (for the stickied thread) is updated.
    The map itself? Not often. The list? Fairly regularly.