Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games you're waiting for

Default Games you're waiting for

What games are you waiting for? I mean games that haven't been published yet, or maybe not even announced yet... Games that will come out soon or in 5 years or maybe never. This is my list:
    1. The Witcher 2. The first one was awesome, loved the story, the setting, everything. Not even announced yet, but I'm quite sure it'll come sooner or later.
    2. Assassin's Creed 2. While the original was rather repertitive, it was also a gorgeous game. I do crave for more bloody combat, this time in Renaissance Italy. Announced; should be released in x-mas 09.
    3. The Thief 4. Sneaksy thiefsie... The atmosphere... Levels like the Cradle.. I want! Hinted to be under development.
    4. Deus Ex 3. The first game was near perfect, the second a small disappointment. More juice conspiracies please! Under development, to be relesed in late -09(?).
    5. The Elder Scrolls V. I truly hope it'll be more like Morrowind than Oblivion. Because Morrowind was... can't find the words. Might be released in 2010.

So, what games are you waiting for?
    Last edited by Guru; 05-09-2009 at 20:58.
    Pinky: "Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Games you're waiting for

Silent Hill: Shattered Dreams sounds more then a little promising.
    Heavy Rain, no idea how or what it's going to be but I loved Fahrenheit
    It could just be that MAG will rock (256 player multiplayer shooter)

Deus Ex 3. The first game was near perfect, the second a small disappointment.

good man, IW wasn't a bad game.

Thief 3 (-minus cradle) though

Prototype looks good as well, we will see.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

5. The Elder Scrolls V. I truly hope it'll be more like Morrowind than Oblivion. Because Morrowind was... can't find the words. Might be released in 2010.
    I think a mid 1011 release might be more likely. There was also rumors and gameplay trailers going around about a PSP version, has anyone ehard anything about this?

I am actually looking forward to the release of mods more then games. The new versions of Project Reality and Forgotten Hope 2 for BF2 are high on my list.

As for actual games I only have two:

Hearts of Iron 3
    Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2 (Coming this November apparently)

HoI3, if it gets enough publicity, is going to rock this genre around. Paradox Interactive is a great, great company and from what I've seen them do over at their forums HoI3 will be made on fan suggestions.

As for CoD6, I am slightly sick of this series title (Something fresh) but if its good can't complain. THe last one was decent (First mission was great, but CoD2 was better in my opinion) and COD5 was good (Better then CoD4!) so with IW working on this one... shall be interesting.

It could just be that MAG will rock (256 player multiplayer shooter)
    If they do MP right (As in good gameplay, balance and its actually fun and not like... CoD2 MP) that could go down very well.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

The one I'm looking forward the most is Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad.
    Call of Duty - Modern Wafare 2 looks very interesting, but I'm not sure I'm actually looking forward to it, CoD is too arcadey for my tastes.

Basically that's it, I don't play that much any more, and the games I play are the ones that I've been playing for 2-3 years already - Red Orchestra, Day of Defeat: Source, Day of Defeat 1.3, Medieval Total War...

Oh, and Empire:Total War, haven't bought it yet.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I am somewhat sceptical, your are playing in 8 player squads, could just end up like playing 8 vs 8 matches simultaniously on a very big map. It's already pretty hard to find a decent 8 vs 8 teamgame in COD. 256 players? They have some great idea's, extra experience-points for operating like a team and all that but there is so much that can break the game if you want to, even if it's a solid game we are dependent on the goodwill of the hordes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Radp...eature=related

You need a PS3, but mouse and keyboard are supported if you must

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster View Post
    I think a mid 1011 release might be more likely. There was also rumors and gameplay trailers going around about a PSP version, has anyone ehard anything about this?
    ES5 has been in the works for a long time already. Work began on the engine (it is getting a new engine, not the same Oblivion/FO3 engine) and the basic outline of the game before FO3 was even released. After FO3 was released, a significant portion of the staff switched over to work on ES5, with only a few small groups of artists, writers, and scripters left to work on FO3 DLC and patching. I haven't heard anything concrete about release date, but I would personally expect it to be released sometime from mid-2010 to mid-2011.
    Last edited by TinCow; 05-09-2009 at 23:38.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guess ES5, maybe DoW 2 DLC.

I really want a remake of FE 7 on GBA. The newer FE games just don't have the same appeal. The units in Shadow Dragon just look worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Elemental: War of Magic and War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

That's pretty much it, at least for now. There are rumors of a couple other games that could interest me that may or may not be in the works, but unless/until I see confirmation of them, I will not -- dare not -- give them any thought for the time being.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Upcoming ones or just games you want to get?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    Upcoming ones or just games you want to get?
    Well, I intented this thread for upcoming games but I can't see why you couldn't also list games that have already been released (but that you've not bought yet for some reason). Mods also may be listed too.

Talking about mods, I'm waiting for a sea of ETW mods to arise, something epic like Broken Crescent...
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky - Try to take over the world!"

The real Jagged Alliance 3 instead of those third-party attempts like Brigade or Hired Guns.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Storm of war: The Battle of Britain

It's the successor to the IL2-Sturmovik flightsim. Might be on the shelves by Christmas. Looks to be great indeed.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    Elemental: War of Magic
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

The Witcher 2 (assuming the company survives long enough)

Bioshock 2

And as a longtime Baldur's Gate, NWN etc. fan, I've been trying, really trying, to stay enthusiastic about Dragon Age. But every new trailer looks worse than the previous one, as evidence of a serious fantasy RPG that would appeal to an adult. I sure hope there's a game with some depth, and much better dialog than I've heard so far, underneath all that flash.
    Feaw is a weapon.... wise genewuhs use weuuhw! -- Jebe the Tyrant

Hearts of Iron 3

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I'd wait for Empire Earth 4. Like the original one, with better graphics and some improvements. Not like that brown thing that is EE3.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    2. Assassin's Creed 2. While the original was rather repertitive, it was also a gorgeous game. I do crave for more bloody combat, this time in Renaissance Italy. Announced; should be released in x-mas 09.
    You just made my night, sir.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Mainly waiting for Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2. Kinda wary of Deus Ex 3 and Elder Scrolls 5, would love them to be returns to form but very unlikely imho.

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    The one I'm looking forward the most is Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad.
    Same here Red Orchestra: HoS.

Fight Night Round 4
    Madden 10
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Bioshock 2
    Final Fantasy XIII
    An Elder Scrolls V game
    Hitman 5
    Interested in Need for Speed: Shift
    Tekken 6
    Kingdom Hearts 3 and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
    God of War III
    A whole NEW Tenchu game
    Metal Gear Solid 5

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

I'm waiting for The Last Days mod to port to the newest version of Mount and Blade.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    I'm waiting for The Last Days mod to port to the newest version of Mount and Blade.
    Crazy thing about Mount and Blade is... I've already got so many mods on it that I love that I don't think I could get around to playing a newest Last Days... Eagle and the Radiant Cross, Hegemony: Timeless Kingdoms, Lord and Realms.... oh my!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I guess I'll have to try that Mount & Blade... I originally disregarded it as the graphics are like.. from the last century. Do mods improve the graphic quality at all?

Not that I've seen, and the complete lack of story is a bit of a turn off.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

There is one mod called the Graphical Enhancement mod (Plus the HDR mod) which makes the game beautiful! You have to stuff around with the gamma and brightness options but if you get it right the game's graphics ptich forward several years. Worth looking at and can be combined with any mod.

I forgot one game which I can easily put at the top of a Most Wanted list; Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. I never had a good go with the original but I really liked ArmA, so if they make it better (Which isn't that hard when you consider it) it should go great. Release is off by several month's, possibly next year; but with the open world environment they're promising no wonder its taking so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster View Post
    There is one mod called the Graphical Enhancement mod (Plus the HDR mod) which makes the game beautiful! You have to stuff around with the gamma and brightness options but if you get it right the game's graphics ptich forward several years. Worth looking at and can be combined with any mod.

I forgot one game which I can easily put at the top of a Most Wanted list; Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. I never had a good go with the original but I really liked ArmA, so if they make it better (Which isn't that hard when you consider it) it should go great. Release is off by several month's, possibly next year; but with the open world environment they're promising no wonder its taking so long.
    I guess I might go and try M&B with that mod sometime.
    I didn't even know there was another Flashpoint coming; I absolutely loved the first one. One more game to add the my list!

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

The new Flashpoint will be made by a different team, ArmA was made by the original OF developers.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Hearts of Iron 3. If EUIII is any indication, then it should be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I guess I'll have to try that Mount & Blade... I originally disregarded it as the graphics are like.. from the last century. Do mods improve the graphic quality at all?
    So you would disregard the awesome gameplay just because the graphics are a bit dated? Kids these days.
    Last edited by naut; 05-19-2009 at 07:32.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinseikhaan View Post
    Crazy thing about Mount and Blade is... I've already got so many mods on it that I love that I don't think I could get around to playing a newest Last Days... Eagle and the Radiant Cross, Hegemony: Timeless Kingdoms, Lord and Realms.... oh my!
    I have 1257 AD, Britain 1297, Custom Settlements 0.67, Expanded Gameplay III v0.94, Hundred Years War, Native Expansion 0.580, Sword of Damocles, and Eagle and the Radiant Cross.

I am a happy M&B player...and yet I can't help but wait for TLD.

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Oh man I loved Assassin's Creed. The fact it's being set in Reinassance Italy gives more opprotunities. Can't wait to be dueling in Venice.
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

cant wait for the new elder scrolls (please be like morrowind). I also am excited for God of War 3, i mean hes a pyschopathic spartan and you attack olympus on the first level HOW can it get better. And im not sure but maybe that halo expansion about the ODST's, but maybe it'll just be like a ghost recon-esque title.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast