Thread: Divine Relief

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Default Divine Relief

Since August 2006, I didn't have a job. I was a graphics designer for 2 months back then which was horrible financially and extremely tiring. Being already 23 by that time, it was too late (and utterly frustrating) to experince such private sector newbie rape (which generally happens to everyone, at least, in Turkey). I either had to be a graphics designing graduate academically or had started practicing the branch by myself a long time ago to get a satisfying outcome out of that interest of mine (which I'll be doing one day again). I really don't count radio DJing which had lasted for only 2 days (quit due to break up with my ex girlfriend, I was devastated) as an element of experience (although it was quite lovely).

It's been 15 months since I had to move back to my parents' house from the city where I had attended university. Believe me, there is something like 25-year-old syndrome and it gets even more agonizing when you have to live with your parents, unemployed.

After letting loose a lot of hair due to the stress I'd wish for no one to ever taste (from the corners of the front scalp, my head now looks like Wesley Sneijder's) something definitely weird happened (I'm an all-time-no-luck wanderer) and I was qualified as one of the three translators selected for Directorate General of Civil Aviation -some state office, which means under the permament expectance of an economic crisis in Turkey, a state job is an insurance of life.

I'll be moving to my only recently rented home in Ankara (the capital city) in 2-3 weeks after which I'll commence my work life for serious. Any of you has an address to visit and stay in case you happen to come to Ankara.

I thank you all for your invaluable presence and support in all means. I doubt I would be able to make it sane without excellent friends around like you all are.

Kudos.
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 01-12-2009 at 14:14.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Re: Divine Relief

Good luck with your job!

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well deserved LEN.

I wish you well, and offer what I have over the time I've known you (slightly), which is, anything I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

O tempora, o mores!

What will happen to my beloved Turkey, one of my favourite holiday destinations, if they are going to hand out state jobs to resident hippies?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Great news LEN! You truly deserve this! Best of luck with the new job
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good luck, LEN!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Great news, LEN!

Good luck and (also very important) fun with the new job!

Dont lose too many heirs over the 25 yo crisis LEN because there are many others that follow up... not to mention illnesses...

A childhood friend of mine that was only a few years older (now 37) got a brain tumor the size of 3 memory sticks bundled together as his wife was pregnant with their firstborn son - thats 8 months back. They removed the tumor with operation and the cancer did metastasis (reappeared) in 8 spots including the spine and the last i heard he could not read or walk and was doing intensive chemiotherapy.

When i talked to him on the phone (i live overseas now and could not see him) i broke into tears and two days later had my first panic attack - the first of many.

Being able to live on your own is a big step that is very difficult in Southern European countries, like Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece and im not surprised at all to hear that its the same story in Turkey. I also know from personal experience that the social environment is demanding and not forgiving despite the fact that they are fully concsious to the lack of options.

Good luck with your new job. From the point of view of life quality, state jobs are the best - certain salary, certain (although not spectacular) promotions and relaxed working hours and responsibilities.

I am certain that its problem solved.

!it burnsus!
    Last edited by gollum; 01-12-2009 at 13:47.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Thank you all for your kind wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    O tempora, o mores!

What will happen to my beloved Turkey, one of my favourite holiday destinations, if they are going to hand out state jobs to resident hippies?
    Hippies are stereotyped as ones with long and dense hair.

gollum, I definitely empathy the sorrow of yours. I'm a survivor of SJS and I absolutely know how "dying" feels like. As I said I am an all-time-no-luck one who rarely stumbles upon something pleasing such as this job incident.

I'm hoping for his recovery and, although may sound rude to you considering the situation and the bond between two of you, want to remind you that we are all alone in the end. Do try not to lose your very precious health over someone else's condition. Take care. Seriously.

Congratulations and best wishes LEN. I hope this job lasts and is enjoyable for you. You have to shed that "no luck" thing sooner or later.
    This space intentionally left blank

Originally posted by LeftEyeNine
    gollum, I definitely empathy the sorrow of yours. I'm a survivor of SJS and I absolutely know how "dying" feels like. As I said I am an all-time-no-luck one who rarely stumbles upon something pleasing such as this job incident.
    Just googled that - and perhaps you are much luckier than you think becuase it seems its very serious. i am very glad to hear that you came through alive, and so we can enjoy your posts and company.

Originally posted by LeftEyeNine
    I m hoping for his recovery and, although may sound rude to you considering the situation and the bond between two of you, want to remind you that we are all alone in the end. Do try not to lose your very precious health over someone else's condition. Take care. Seriously.
    Indeed you are right and i thank you in turn for the wishes and appreciate your advice, but there is nothing i could/can do about the panic attacks when they happen. I had no control over them and in fact the more i try to think of it in terms of control it gets more intense i think.

One of the things that i re-realised through all this is how much everything is not in our hands - there is an old story about a certain Hoja of old - it goes like this;

Hoja a rich merchant says to his wife that he ll travel to a distant village to secure a profitable but somewhat difficult business deal and starts discussing the details.

- *If God wills it* the wife calmly says *you ll go and bring it to a close*
    - *He wants, he doesnt want*, Hoja replies *i ll be there tomorrow*
    The next day Hoja leaves in the morning and soon after all of a sudden a thunderous storm breaks out. Later on in the evening the wife is surprised to hear a knock on the door.
    -*Who is it?*, she anxiously and somewhat frighteningly asks.
    -*If God wills it*, a familiar but strangely tamed voice replies, *its me, Hoja*

Take Good Care and enjoy your new life in beautiful Ankara.

Görüşürüz

!it burnsus!
    Last edited by gollum; 01-12-2009 at 15:08.

Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

O' Mighty Greg, thank you so much.

Just googled that - and perhaps you are much luckier than you think becuase it seems its very serious. i am very glad to hear that you came through alive, and so we can enjoy your posts and company.
    There was a reason -although absolutely brain tumor is one extreme point of what an illness can be- I compared SJS to it. I'm well aware that I was "given a second chance by Allah" (quoted what one professor had told me after making it out of the intensive care unit).

Indeed you are right and i thank you in turn for the wishes and appreciate your advice, but there is nothing i could/can do about the panic attacks when they happen. I had no control over them and in fact the more i try to think of it in terms of control it gets more intense i think.
    I've suffered years-long psychological problems (older than my SJS past). All I can say is the way out of such issues is being aware of what is up with you (thumbrule) and keeping your head busy with earthly/casual stuff. Drugs don't heal, they pause your suffering. Dedication and self-awareness is the way to get over mental problems.

One of the things that i re-realised through all this is how much everything is not in our hands
    Well, that's my motto. There is nothing you can do what is supposed to happen. Life is as easy as you having succeeded being a CEO after 20 years in an elite company, slipping in the bathroom of your super-lux mansion, knocking your head and dropping dead next to the closet.

Take Good Care and enjoy your new life in beautiful Ankara.

Görüşürüz
    Be my guest just in case.

Eyvallah.
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 01-12-2009 at 16:08.

Be my guest just in case.
    Çok tesekkür ederim

!it burnsus!

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Congratulations on your new job. I'm sure you'll excel at it.

We all wish you well and I'm sure most of us would extend the same offer of hospitality to you.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 01-12-2009 at 17:32.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Congrats on the job! However, I think you would make a fine model. But Godspeed in whatever you choose to do and may life stop throwing curves and break out the tee.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Congratulations, LEN. Now I have to find a good reason to visit Ankara ...

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Congrats on the job! However, I think you would make a fine model. But Godspeed in whatever you choose to do and may life stop throwing curves and break out the tee.
    I could be. I have terrible eyes now and my complexion is distorted thanks to the sequels of SJS. I'm taking this as a non-gayly compliment though. All hail the earth consumer !

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Congratulations, LEN. Now I have to find a good reason to visit Ankara ...
    How about this ?

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post
    I could be. I have terrible eyes now and my complexion is distorted thanks to the sequels of SJS. I'm taking this as a non-gayly compliment though. All hail the earth consumer !
    Good sir. You're beautiful. I care not what the outside looks like. :hug:
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.