Thread: AI healing after battle?

Default AI healing after battle?

whenever a battle is lost , it seems that the AI (unless they are free state) seem to heal upwards of 700+ units ! is this scripted in ?
    Last edited by mountaingoat; 05-11-2009 at 07:49.

Default Re: AI healing after battle?

The AI general has probably a medic or doctor in his staff. They can regenerate a lot of troops that way
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

how effective are they? i recall a few of my FM having them and recouping maybe 200-300 MAX after a battle , but as an example in the last battle i had with the Aeudi. Their FM gains an additional 586? this seems a bit high.

and it seems to be with every AI FM.

screenshot ( defending a siege , with mostly levies )

Last edited by mountaingoat; 05-11-2009 at 10:29.

AI gets any bonuses you like, many of them we don't know, i believe.. Recently, i found one more: spawning FMs: i fight a battle, killed the general, and in next turn that same AI army gets a new one. After that, my assassin killed him, in next turn AI army gets new FM... I assassinated about 4 times, and every time new FM appears. Then my assassin was killed by bodyguards, and i was happy about it: why to upkeep an assassin and kill AI generals when its pointless to do that?

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    AI gets any bonuses you like, many of them we don't know, i believe.. Recently, i found one more: spawning FMs: i fight a battle, killed the general, and in next turn that same AI army gets a new one. After that, my assassin killed him, in next turn AI army gets new FM... I assassinated about 4 times, and every time new FM appears. Then my assassin was killed by bodyguards, and i was happy about it: why to upkeep an assassin and kill AI generals when its pointless to do that?
    Those AI generals were those Eleutheroi generals like Resus&Co? They are scripted to appear again once they are dead.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Exclamation Re: AI healing after battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Those AI generals were those Eleutheroi generals like Resus&Co? They are scripted to appear again once they are dead.
    I doubt it since it is impossible to kill those even with the best assassins. A 10-subterfuge assassin has 1-2% chance of killing any of those.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Maybe it was a recruited general/client ruler. Those will respawn if killed, if their bodyguard unit survives, AFAIK.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun:

Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus:
    I doubt it since it is impossible to kill those even with the best assassins. A 10-subterfuge assassin has 1-2% chance of killing any of those.
    These Ptolemaioi FMs were easy to assassinate in the beginning (95% chance): but after 4-5 assassinations, percentage was lower, so my assassin was killed...

Blog Entries

There might be a connection to human players way of fighting battles.
    Humans tend to let their Cavallery charge a lot and kill a lot of the enmies while they retreat, but casualties inflicted by that tactics are most times healed after the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by seienchin View Post
    There might be a connection to human players way of fighting battles.
    Humans tend to let their Cavallery charge a lot and kill a lot of the enmies while they retreat, but casualties inflicted by that tactics are most times healed after the battle.
    Really? How so?
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman

AI generals have improved battle surgery. It's not a very unfair advantage given that then human wins nearly all battles. You can remove the effect in EDCT however. I think you'll find it by searching for aigeneral or battlesurgery.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I re-read this post. I think I misunderstood it before.
    It's the same as Captain led armies suddenly have a FM leading them. This happens a lot with AI factions and only with them. Players will never get the chance to promote their Captains to Generals but AI can do it all the time.

@Ibn-Khaldun: well, its not surprising that you misunderstood me: my english is so poor and bad (as you can see) so i anticipate that

About spawning FMs: man, i have must killed some 2 tones of them by now: they come fast, they die quick. I think ive killed half of Ptolies family for that reason, even several kings died facing my army. They are suicide-Ptolemaioi

So i decided to help them live: i just transport them somewhere in Hyperboreia and i wish them good and long lasting lives

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Talking Re: AI healing after battle?

About spawning FMs: man, i have must killed some 2 tones of them by now: they come fast, they die quick. I think ive killed half of Ptolies family for that reason, even several kings died facing my army. They are suicide-Ptolemaioi

So i decided to help them live: i just transport them somewhere in Hyperboreia and i wish them good and long lasting lives
    Yeah, the spawning FMs are an exception. They are exceedingly easy to kill, as long as the chance of success is above 25%, I will reload EB to death. I do murder as many as I can see in my campaigns. However, the rest of the FMs are difficult. Usually, if the total of wreaths, scrolls, and stars together exceeds 5-6, then the assassination will be improbable as an option for me.

I do however, remember killing off all the Aedui in my romani campaign, only to be stopped by a 1% chance of killing the final FM, the FL. But I decided to do it for lulz anyway. Tried once, failed, and reloaded. Then I got an urge to try again. So I did. And this time, my ten-subterfuge assassin succeeded, although his chances were a startling 1%. The Aedui were destroyed without a fight.

me too, i killed to the same FM 3 times, and every time the same FM appears.
    is it the Mummy Returns xD ?

FM Ptolemaioi

the same FM appears