Thread: Campaign won't load.

Default Campaign won't load.

Ok, so upon reading some of the FAQs and other questions, most people's problems when they load a new campaign is the game crashing, or they get a CTD or whatever.

Well I just installed EB 1.1 and 1.2 on a clean version of RTW Gold 1.5. I've played this mod before about eight months ago on an older lap top, I bought a new desktop and put it on here and I start up the menu just fine.

I understand it's intensive on the RAM, but I have 4 gigs of ram. It takes roughly a minute or so for the main menu to load, but then I try and start a campaign. I pick Romani then hit start, the cursor freezes in place but the music continues to play. The music will play for a couple minutes then it stops, and the game just sits there with the campaign menu up. I realized it might take some time, but I went to sleep for three hours and woke up and it was still there. I uninstalled and re-installed everything and I still get the same problem.

I don't understand this, because I did a custom battle and the game loaded fine, so I'm quite confused and if anyone could help I'd very much appreciate it.

I've reinstalled three times. I even left 1.2 off there and tried with just 1.1, same problem, and it doesn't matter what faction I try to do this with.

Default Re: Campaign won't load.

Run a validation, and try to disable movies.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

How do I do that?

See my sig.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Ok, I've downloaded and put all the 1.2 fixes and put them in my directory. I re-installed the game and EB outside of the program files folder into a separate one I made in the C drive. Still the same exact problem. I added the -nm to the end of my target line but I think I did that wrong cause the movie still plays. So if you could paste exactly how the target line should look, or at least where exactly I put the -nm I'd appreciate it. But I can't seem to get anything to work and it's driving me crazy. Oh and the validation I ran said validation complete, but the validation result notepad thing had absolutely nothing in it, so I don't know what to do.

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

Something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -ne -nm -mod:EB
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Quote Originally Posted by Decius Carbo View Post
    Oh and the validation I ran said validation complete, but the validation result notepad thing had absolutely nothing in it, so I don't know what to do.
    You probably installed EB under Program Files, didn't you?

Dol Guldur's post should work, just replace the path with wherever you installed RTW and EB.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    You probably installed EB under Program Files, didn't you?
    No, I did the first time. But then I completely uninstalled everything then reinstalled in a folder that was

C:\Gamesetc\EB

I read in one of those other threads that if you install it outside program files you should make into another folder, then make another folder called EB and install RTW into that and then when you d/l EB install in the same place as RTW is installed.

So this is the target line by default for the EB shortcut generated in the game folder after installing EB. It's called EB single player and this is the line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe" -s ebconfig.xml -runeb -type "Single Player"

So because my didn't look like that example I tried it two ways. Once I just added

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe" -s ebconfig.xml -runeb -type "Single Player" -show_err -ne -nm -mod:EB

That didn't work The game started, the movie still played and the game wouldnt load past the faction selection screen for campaign mode, again. So then I tried

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe" -show_err -ne -nm -mod:EB

But the game itself wouldn't even start in that case.

I'm sorry guys, I really appreciate your help but I'm pretty bad at this stuff. I just don't understand, RTW and BI run on their own just fine when I use those shortcuts. EB will play when I try and do a custom battle the battle loads and I can play it just fine, but for some reason on Campaign mode it just won't load after I hit start campaign when I select a faction, it just stays on that screen. I don't even get the loading bar with the famous quote and a picture from the game.

The song finishes playing but another doesn't start and then I start task manager and it says RTW is running, I don't get the not responding thing from it.

This stuff doesn't make sense to me since I played EB on an older crappier laptop but I go and buy a new desktop and this happens? What the hell? Normally I would never ever go through this much trouble to play a mod, but I really like EB and this is frustrating the hell out of me!

Ok I just realized when re-reading this post that the target line for some reason is still going to program filesx86 even though I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I'm going to screw around and change it to see if it'll work. My question though is how does the game even start if the target line for the short cut goes to program files/RTW whatever when the game was completely uninstalled and removed from there??

Edit- I'm completely lost. It's targetting the trivial script in program files, do I have to reinstall that as well into a separate folder? I can't open EB with RTW.exe cause it says that doesn't exist or some garbage! Could any of these problems be because I have the Direct2Drive version of the game rather than the cd installed one??
    Last edited by Decius Carbo; 02-13-2009 at 00:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Dol Guldur View Post
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -ne -nm -mod:EB
    Quote Originally Posted by Decius Carbo View Post
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe" -s ebconfig.xml -runeb -type "Single Player"
    This is your problem. Dol Guldur gave advice for making a shortcut to run the game directly, while you were changing the shortcut using the Trivial Script.

Your shortcut should look like this:

C:\Gamesetc\EB\RomeTW.exe -show_err -ne -nm -mod:EB

================
    ================

Ok, awesome. It works! Sorry for my blockheadedness with this stuff.

Anyways, can't stop playing, amazing mod, even better then when I played many months ago and truly the only mod worth the issues I had installing! Anything less and I'd have given up and downloaded something else.

For the fixes, do I install 1.1 and the fixes, then 1.2 and fixes? Or just 1.2 and fixes?

1.1, then 1.2, then fixes for 1.2. No need for the 1.1 fixes.
    Last edited by bovi; 02-15-2009 at 00:15.

================
    ================