Thread: Goverment types...helpanoobout )

Default Goverment types...helpanoobout )

Are you supposed to upgrade the goverment types over time. Like if i can only build II type..am i supposed to destroy that later and upgrade...or like with IV will it eventually be just like my starting cities ? or will it always be whatever type i build.
    thx

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: Goverment types...helpanoobout )

Quote Originally Posted by twynn View Post
    Are you supposed to upgrade the goverment types over time. Like if i can only build II type..am i supposed to destroy that later and upgrade...or like with IV will it eventually be just like my starting cities ? or will it always be whatever type i build.
    thx
    you do not really have to "upgrade" your government (in some cases you shouldn't), unless you want to alter your recruitment options*. there really isn't a best government format-just what is conveniant for a particular place. also, For you to know, The numbers aren't really "levels" of gov in the sence of I is least IV is the most-just numbers to mark out individual types.

*also economic and law perks per each, again, depends on what you want.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Well the construction options do differ by gov type. If you want to simulate a slow assimilation into your empire, start by building Gov IV, all the available buildings, then tear down the gov, make Gov III, build all again, and then upgrade to II or I if its an Expansion or Homeland province, respectively. Do note that many consider it an exploit to leave the Regional MIC fully developed as you integrate. Its your call, though.
    With the new method for client rulers, the easiest territories to hold on to are usually Homeland, followed by Client Ruler Type IVs. Expansion territories are next, and Type III is usually the hardest to control, as it has the second-least factional construction options and you can't place a client ruler in them.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

is there a guide to the goverment types anywhere..cause im bout as confused as u can get on these and how they work.

- Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

play around with the recruitment viewer!
    pick a faction that you know its starting territory,govs and troop recruitment(to use as a reference) and start clicking on the other territories your faction doesnt have,but want to,and see what type of soldiers you can recruit there,then you will know what kind of gov you want there.
    remember gov type I gives level 5 factional mic level 2 regional mic and gov type V gives level 2 factional mic level 5 regional one.
    someone else can explain better than me these things :D
    naked fanatic

This is not good news for me.

I've been playing Romani and in all conquered non italian homeland provinces I've been slapping type 2 govs. When I recruit my Italian Armies I march them around conquering terriority off my enemies and slapping type 2 in all settlements (where poss) else its the lighter romanisation of the area.

When a city kicks off and decides it wants to rebel, I march my pretty army over and enslave the lot to get the population down and beef up my italian homeland areas.

I had no idea that at a point or time I was able to change govs to appease the twitchy provinces that like to rebel...I think Tyde (NW Spain) is a rebel repeater for me.

@ Vulg,
    How far into the campaign are you? As the Romanoi type 2's are do-able everywhere in Spain, if that is what you want. I think it would be historically buy-able too, the romans did a whole lot of Romanization after all. But it'll be tough until you get to Marian reforms because your recruitment options are hampered. So, don't despair, just get armed and ready.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordCurlyton View Post
    ... Type III is usually the hardest to control, as it has the second-least factional construction options and you can't place a client ruler in them.
    In my Romani campaign I always build Type 3 when I conquer a settlement. For some reason I don't like type 4 and type 2 is weird to establish when I just conquered that place. And it's not that hard to control type 3 if you have enslaved it's population first

Well the Romans have a decent Type III that is only mildly unrest generating. And with Rome being one of the prime central locales, the distance to capital penalty doesn't reach 80% until you hit Syria. You should top out at around 65% or so in Spain, though perhaps Oxtraca might hit 80%. The point I was making is that Type IV's are easier to control because you get a character with great stabilizing traits in the Client Ruler, even more so now in 1.2 than in previous versions. Type III gets no such help, and if it happens to be in an unrest prone location (Oxtraca comes to mind) than you better send a good FM.
    Enslaving only truly helps on big populations or those towns that the AI hasn't upgraded yet have many more people than necessary to upgrade. Once you've sent (or conquered with) a garrison large enough to make 80% then enslaving only really depletes tax income.
    @OP: Don't worry about the Type II's for the Romani. In most of Iberia and Gaul its a good choice as Iberia is mostly devoid of high level recruitment options (i.e. requires greater than the L3 Regional MIC you can make with Type II). The only thing that needs greater is Asturian Axemen in Pallantia and...Vellika, if memory holds serve, and it needs L4 (thus Type III gov). In Gaul the generic Western Gaul recruitment options mostly are L3 MIC or less. Though if you are pressed for cavalry make a few Type IV govs and build up the max L5 Regional, which gives you access to the fairly decent Brihentin. The Neitos at L4 are mostly superfluous as the Romani since you naturally can make lots of decent-to-high quality infantry already.
    The only real downside to Type IV govs, outside of limited construction options, is that you will have to pay the upkeep of a client ruler. In Gaul and Iberia, that will generally mean paying 576 or so mnai per turn for a Celtic Lesser King. In other areas the cost is different: roughly 750 mnai/turn in Punic lands (Libian General), between 1000-1100 mnai/turn in Hellenic and Eastern lands, 550 or so mnai/turn in Nomadic areas.

If rebellion is your problem and you already have Type II installed, you may just be in an unrest prone area (settlement details will tell), have a spy or three causing unrest (make spies to counter), or have a crappy governor with unrest-inducing traits (get him out). If its a persistent rebellion and is detracting from your efforts elsewhere then consider making the Type IV and a client ruler, as they can generally keep things in check.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

Quote Originally Posted by Joszen1 View Post
    @ Vulg,
    How far into the campaign are you? As the Romanoi type 2's are do-able everywhere in Spain, if that is what you want. I think it would be historically buy-able too, the romans did a whole lot of Romanization after all. But it'll be tough until you get to Marian reforms because your recruitment options are hampered. So, don't despair, just get armed and ready.
    You're telling me. I sent 4 stacks to deal with Spain. Took 4 areas then sent two stacks back to requip. Sent them back then to defend and sent the remaining 2 back to requip then moved on for the other provinces. In all its a sent fight requip in Italy method. The same I been using to hold Byzantium from the invaders over the coast. All the roads are maxed out from there to the coast so I can get my stacks off the southern boot of Italy straight across to Byzantium in about one game year to hold them off. Greece and Spain are my main bank accounts for mines so need to be kept guarded, more so Greece and north of there.

As for my Roman campaign its getting hot. I occupied Greece first then Spain then linked Greece to Italy via road then when I tried to link Spain to Italy via road hit the Aedui and co problem. However the Averni became protectorates (phew) at which point Aedui and Sweboz just started picking on me. I have a gold chevron stack of Priniples, Hastati, Cavalry and Triari next to Byzantium keeping off the Hai's and their 5 stack attack of missiles and spears.

North African has been subdued all along the coast up to the ptolemi, with severe ambush and run tactics coming from an inland Carthage which I have yet to go fishing for. Macedonia is my buffer zone against the Hai's but one of their cities next to Byzantium rebelled to a Seleucid one then got marched on by Hai's so I have wars on all fronts. Am focussing on the areas around France and Germany with two stacks as I can get them requipped. A few more battles and they will have Gold chevrons and be hard as nails.

Force Diplomacy mod is looking tempting just to hold them off. I have had the Polybian reforms and am about 20 provinces off from the Marian one, its about 180bc.
    Last edited by Vulg; 01-15-2009 at 10:51.