Thread: USA vs 13 Colonies?

Exclamation USA vs 13 Colonies?

I'm playing a Grand Campaign as Briton and in 1709 the United States has declared war on the Thirteen Colonies.

WTF? Is this a bug?

The USA was formed circa 1704 in this game.

Default Re: USA vs 13 Colonies?

When United States appears, it will certainly go to war with thirteen colonies because their campaign objectives include taking all regions of thirteen colonies. This will give the GB player a choice, go to war with USA or break protectorate with thirteen colonies, and that decision is obvious.

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

I had the same thing happen in my British campaign, only it happened around 1710 or 1711. The territory that has Albany, New York as its capital was had been held by the Iroquois, but it suddenly emerged as the U.S. A couple of turns later they promptly declared war, but pretty much just stayed with in their boundaries until I got around to eliminating them.

It does seem odd given the date, but I don't think it is a bug.
    Last edited by Forward Observer; 05-08-2009 at 19:30.
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Usually the Cherokees or the Iroquois (more often its the Cherokees) attack and capture one of The 13 Colonies and then lose it to rebellion and that region then becomes The United States. Every time I have played GB the new U.S. quickly attacks either the remaining colonies or GB (if as GB you capture, say, Georgia from the Cherokees). The game seems to be coded to do that since in my experience this happens all the time both before and after the last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Russian View Post
    I'm playing a Grand Campaign as Briton and in 1709 the United States has declared war on the Thirteen Colonies.

WTF? Is this a bug?

The USA was formed circa 1704 in this game.
    Had the same, but in 1704. (US appeared in 1702). I thought it was pure nonsense. I gave up on the game after that.

Yeah, its not a bug. Whenever one of the thirteen colonies rebel the rebel faction that forms is the USA. This will occur regardless of date, it all depends on how well the 13 colonies run their provences. If you dont want the USA to appear, help protect the 13 colonies from enemies and make sure they are financially stable.

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBaker View Post
    Yeah, its not a bug. Whenever one of the thirteen colonies rebel the rebel faction that forms is the USA. This will occur regardless of date, it all depends on how well the 13 colonies run their provences. If you dont want the USA to appear, help protect the 13 colonies from enemies and make sure they are financially stable.
    Hi! How should I protect them in 4 turns? Since in my case the US appeared in 1702.

Quote Originally Posted by mmk View Post
    Hi! How should I protect them in 4 turns? Since in my case the US appeared in 1702.
    I see your point. Under the new patch I beleive it seems easier for territories to rebel. It usually took a long time before the USA formed in the several GB campaigns I played/attempted before the patch. Perhaps send them money intially and continue to give them some each turn. Other than that I guess there isnt much you could do.

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBaker View Post
    I see your point. Under the new patch I beleive it seems easier for territories to rebel. It usually took a long time before the USA formed in the several GB campaigns I played/attempted before the patch. Perhaps send them money intially and continue to give them some each turn. Other than that I guess there isnt much you could do.
    Thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by mmk View Post
    ignore europe, dont get into any european wars, u can get half a stack to 13 colonies from the 2 island towns within a few turns, i managed to help them hold their land for bout 10 turns b4 i got greedy and took a cheroke town, which promptly rebelled, by then my half stack was getting pounded every turn and i lost it an US formed when the rebels took the town.

any troops from europe on boats straight to america.

Cheers knoddy
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

If you are GB, its easy to control the year that you want USA to spawn. Simply don't let anyone take any thirteen colonies regions, and make a controlled revolution later on when you complete your colonial mission objectives in any year you please.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

With the more severe unrest it happens fast. I have seen it in almost every campaign I have started. The Iroquois take Virginia and next turn the US appears. A turn or two later they go to war with the 13 Colonies. If you are playing GB then you have to be quick if you are going to have anything left of your protectorate. In one campaign half of them went over in just a few turns. They were not contiguous or captured that I could tell, so I don’t know what the cause was.

I guess it is just a new mechanic for those who wanted a more interesting campaign.

Mexico also seems to emerge very quickly now.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Thank you for the suggestions.