Thread: Default All Cultures, With Their Own Voices & Musics !

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Default Default All Cultures, With Their Own Voices & Musics !

hello there!
    i was just very surprised why in Rome2 cultures do not speak with their ancient languages or at least present langs!
    u know, in Europa Barbarorum the great work was that all cultures had their own languages! so how on earth totalwar creators could not see that?! i think every culture must have its own language in the game like many strategic games!

or at all, what is this disgusting ridiculous voices for eastern cultures?! to show Easterns as uncivilized wild dirty barbarian beasts?!! if not why that ****ed voice is for them?! why totalwar dont want to fix its weaknesses?!

for barbarians it was for fearing the enemy, was their style! but not easterns! they never used terrible battle crying but with War musics, such as the musics that Kurds (Karduchians) song and then striked Xenophone's Army!!

i think totalwar is somehow racist a little in some ways!! isnt it?!

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Default All Cultures, With Their Own Voices & Musics !

Because its far too expensive and time consuming to hire specialized voice actors to do the correct voices in their ancient tongue and it extends development time. Plus the vast majority of players have no interest in historically accurate voices and dont care if the voices arent historically correct. If the majority of the fanbase really cared about being historically accurate we wouldnt be seeing other much more significant problems with historical correctness.

As for the eastern voices, Ive spent a considerable amount of time in the Middle East, and yeah, its a bit stereotypical but to call it racist is a bit much, nor would I say that they were described as barbarians in Rome I.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Because its far too expensive and time consuming to hire specialized voice actors to do the correct voices in their ancient tongue and it extends development time. Plus the vast majority of players have no interest in historically accurate voices and dont care if the voices arent historically correct. If the majority of the fanbase really cared about being historically accurate we wouldnt be seeing other much more significant problems with historical correctness.

As for the eastern voices, Ive spent a considerable amount of time in the Middle East, and yeah, its a bit stereotypical but to call it racist is a bit much, nor would I say that they were described as barbarians in Rome I.
    so that means Totalwar 7 creative assembly have lesser money and men to to this job, while some fanboys and moderators did it with EB?!
    strange! why game companies are always in a step backward with the ordinary people?! i said Rome2 will never be like EB1 or 2 or 3!

Member thankful for this post:

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aram of Mada View Post
    so that means Totalwar 7 creative assembly have lesser money and men to to this job, while some fanboys and moderators did it with EB?!
    strange! why game companies are always in a step backward with the ordinary people?! i said Rome2 will never be like EB1 or 2 or 3!
    No, its that they dont care about having the correct languages since there is a small demand for it. Why spend the money on something that not all that many people want when other people will do it for you for free, like they did in EB? The EB devs didnt charge CA for the voice actors for the native languages which were implemented in the mod. Dont get me wrong, I want authentic voices in the game, I just completely understand why CA wont do it.

Modders can change the voices, Id rather have CA funds go to more important things like the AI and stuff like that.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Also the consideration that we don't really know what the ancient languages sounded like. And the fact that the ancient languages had internal variations within the time period and between different dialects: Are you going to impose Attic Greek on Sparta? Do you change into Koine at some point? It's just not worth the trouble.