Poll: What will you be doing September 3rd?

Thread: What will you be doing September 3rd?

Default What will you be doing September 3rd?

Just a question to see what dedicated EB players will be doing on the day of the release of R2TW.

I will be playing EB, because I ordered a physical copy so I will have to wait a week or two before I will be playing.
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

Default Re: What will you be doing September 3rd?

job interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
    ... I will be playing EB, because I ordered a physical copy so I will have to wait a week or two before I will be playing.
    Hmm, I guess that retailer is getting it late? I ordered the discs as well, but I would have already had them Saturday if I was home for the courier. Someone else also posted on the Rome2 forum that they received their copy already. Every region is different I suppose, I'm in Europe.

There's a good chance I might be playing EB as well anyway though... after getting utterly disappointed in the game and setting it aside 'til it gets modded

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Working, having a social life.

No interest whatsoever in R2TW, I don't have time for all the ahistorical crap CA like to slot into their games. I might buy it, eventually, should some good historical mods come out for it (and I get a new computer).
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Working, having a social life.

No interest whatsoever in R2TW, I don't have time for all the ahistorical crap CA like to slot into their games. I might buy it, eventually, should some good historical mods come out for it (and I get a new computer).
    what he said.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

I was going to wait until after the reviews (proper reviews from people like Angry Joe, not paid reviews from IGN and PC Gamer) and Youtube footage before I bought Rome 2. I spent release day reading the forums to see first impressions and was amazed at how badly people were reacting to the release. I thought it must be an overreaction, there's no way it can be this bad - even though I know Total War games are notorious for releasing with more bugs than a cheap Thai hotel.

Alas, they're really not wrong. I genuinly struggle to find positive things to say about this game. The campaign map looks amazing, that's one good thing. The graphics are pretty good (though my PC is too old to run it above medium). Is there anything else good to say about it? Not really. Compared to Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai, which for me are easily the high point of the Total War series, Rome 2 is abysmal. Up to now I thought that no matter how buggy or how bad future TW games might be, there's no way they could be buggier or worse than the absolute mess that was Empire. I was wrong. This game is truly, truly awful. The AI is awful, the capture points in land battles are awful, the way battles are over so quickly is awful, the way battles have been so badly arcadey-fied is awful, the lack of traits for generals is awful and makes me feel completely disconnected to what's going on. The lack of a family tree or specific characters of interest is absolutely awful. Rome 2 is so bad it makes me completely rethink my opinion of Empire. Empire almost seems like a masterpiece now.

I wish I could get my money back for this unpolished turd. Looking forward to EB2 even more now.
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

Member thankful for this post: