Thread: DBM&EB2

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Default DBM&EB2

Hi guys! I recently found De Bello Mundi, a MTW2 mod set in rougly the same era as EB2. I enjoy it a lot and although its not as deep as EB, the good thing about it its released ;) So it soothes the longing a bit...
    I was wondering if you ever contacted the creators of DBM and if a cooperation would be fruitful.
    Regards

ZP

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: DBM&EB2

And a Natus ob Imperium & Europa Barbarorum 2 cooperation is would be good too.
    Last edited by szikelkun; 12-29-2013 at 12:30.

considering that the mod comunity ain´t that vast to begin with i supose both groups have checked up each others work if they are on good terms they probably shared some insight even some scriptlines models and so forth or ... the close tight nitgroups tend to take things seriously and might refuse to cooperate for fear of not being properly recognised for their hard voluntary and selfless work

i doubt they don´t know each other they might have worked or borrowed inspiration from one another and they may even share some elements like modders or skinners or programers or historians but thats always the untold story of the backroom political manouvers

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ziegenpeter View Post
    Hi guys! I recently found De Bello Mundi, a MTW2 mod set in rougly the same era as EB2. I enjoy it a lot and although its not as deep as EB, the good thing about it its released ;) So it soothes the longing a bit...
    I was wondering if you ever contacted the creators of DBM and if a cooperation would be fruitful.
    Regards

ZP
    As noted on our Twitter Feed, we did indeed contact DBM in late October and asked permission to use their battlemap settlement models. And today those models are utilized throughout EB2 - there isn't a single medieval settlement ANYWHERE in the mod. I think every mod likes to stand out in it's own way, but where it makes sense we do share. In this case it was a HUGE benefit to EB2, for which we are ever grateful. So yes, cooperation does happen, and it is a good thing. For our part, the EB team gets frequent requests to use our material, and we grant many of those requests.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

To add to this, some of you may know that one of the main people behind DBM is johnwhile. What you may not know is that johnwhile also developed tools to work with models and animations from 3DSMAX and we have cooperated quite a bit in figuring out various file formats. Tux/Alin has worked extensively with him in testing/debugging and figuring out the CAS file format, and johnwhile's research into the various CAS file formats has lately been put to good use into the EB2 team. A different example is the PACK tool which I wrote as a bit of a favour to turn his research into the file format into a working tool.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I'm so happy that we won't see medieval buildings in the first release :). This was no 1 candidate for the potential immersion breaker IMO.

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ziegenpeter View Post
    Regards
    ZP
    In one word plz. DBM is Better or EB II? or we should wait to see EB? or Both? i mean from every aspect not just playing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    As noted on our Twitter Feed, we did indeed contact DBM in late October and asked permission to use their battlemap settlement models. And today those models are utilized throughout EB2 - there isn't a single medieval settlement ANYWHERE in the mod. I think every mod likes to stand out in it's own way, but where it makes sense we do share. In this case it was a HUGE benefit to EB2, for which we are ever grateful. So yes, cooperation does happen, and it is a good thing. For our part, the EB team gets frequent requests to use our material, and we grant many of those requests.
    Great! and CA of Total War should have learned that co-operation with modders and listen to the fans is too much vital and important!

but they only do what they think is good....

Everyone only does what they think is good.

Vive la difference.

EB2 isn't out yet. Why not try both when you can and then enjoy whichever you prefer?

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maeran View Post
    Everyone only does what they think is good.

Vive la difference.

EB2 isn't out yet. Why not try both when you can and then enjoy whichever you prefer?
    both will remove the excitement of the other.....

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Dude, try them.
    Seriously...

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

I've tried DBM a bit, I'm not very impressed. It's essencially a Thing between RTW and M2TW with some extra scripts.

Try it, it will not remove the excitement. It actually made me more excited for EB.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    I've tried DBM a bit, I'm not very impressed. It's essencially a Thing between RTW and M2TW with some extra scripts.

Try it, it will not remove the excitement. It actually made me more excited for EB.

I remember being so excited for DBM and when I tried it I stopped playing Med 2 for six months.

Now I wait for EB2 for some Med 2 goodness.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM