Thread: Annoying neighbours

Default Annoying neighbours

What to do when people near you make too much noise ?
    http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12...ing/index.html
    Now it would have been different if the victim had a gun too , then he could have shot in self defence as soon as his family was viciously assaulted with popcorn .

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Annoying neighbours

Nice article. Very telling about our society's never-hesitate attitude when it comes to using deadly force.

The correct response would have been to politely ask the persons involved to be quiet. Then, if they do not, ask the manager for a refund while the movie is still playing, explaining why you cannot enjoy the film. Chances are the manager will oblige or expel the offending guest after a warning. Or, if you have children with you or don't want to chance upsetting a psychopath, just collect your refund and leave.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Isn't shooing people who go to see a Brad Pitt movie a legal obligation?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Ah, yes! Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, City of Brotherly Love…

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

One consolation; the shooter should get to view the rest of the movie during inmate recreation at the prison. bring your shank just in case

In fact, it's becoming a holiday tradition in some places...
    Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 12-28-2008 at 15:16. Reason: added link
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Cialella was carrying a Kel-Tec .380-caliber handgun clipped inside his sweatpants
    1. Sweatpants to the theater; yet he expected formal movie silence - in Christmas Day?
    2. He's lucky that tiny purse-pellet shooter didn't blow up in his hand when he pulled the trigger (talk about a $120 'saturday night special').
    3. Article doesn't say whether Mr. C also carried a Penn State CCW license in his other sweatpants pocket. I bet = no.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

My brother says your full of crap on the gun.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Crazy Americans with their guns!!!

It's good to live here in Estonia where someone just beats you up when you talk too loud in cinema.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Crazy Americans with their guns!!!

It's good to live here in Estonia where someone just beats you up when you talk too loud in cinema.
    We shoot people because it's more polite. A beating would have taken too long and the movie would be over. Since he shot the guy in the arm he was able to walk out of the theater allowing the rest of the patrons to enjoy the movie.

Sheesh, learn your manners!

And shooting someone for seeing Troy? Come on. Epic.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    And shooting someone for seeing Troy? Come on. Epic.

It wasn't Troy, it was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, ironically shot in New Orleans, a city known for it's gun murder rate.
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 01-02-2009 at 16:41.

My kingdom for a .

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Nice article. Very telling about our society's never-hesitate attitude when it comes to using deadly force.

The correct response would have been to politely ask the persons involved to be quiet. Then, if they do not, ask the manager for a refund while the movie is still playing, explaining why you cannot enjoy the film. Chances are the manager will oblige or expel the offending guest after a warning. Or, if you have children with you or don't want to chance upsetting a psychopath, just collect your refund and leave.
    Yes, clearly a man shooting a father in front of his son while watching a movie for no reasons is an indictment of other people, not the man who brought a gun to a theater and tried to kill a dad.

Some people are crazy and are just looking for an excuse to kill people.

The "correct response" would have been to watch the movie online for free if you have psychotic aversion to people eating popcorn in a movie theater.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 01-02-2009 at 17:15.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

One of the funniest movies I ever went to was when there was this loudmouthed fat guy in the back. The whole movie he was yelling stuff and eating a ridiculous amount of popcorn. None of it in a serios voice.

"Hes behind the door you dumb piece of ****"

"Why the **** would you do that? Are you ****ing retarded?"

"Holy **** that guy is black"

Around the end of the movie this guy like 2 seats in front of him told him to be quiet. The fat guy threw all of his popcorn on the guy and stormed out of there (quick for a fat guy).
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff View Post
    Yes, clearly a man shooting a father in front of his son while watching a movie for no reasons is an indictment of other people, not the man who brought a gun to a theater and tried to kill a dad.

Some people are crazy and are just looking for an excuse to kill people.

The "correct response" would have been to watch the movie online for free if you have psychotic aversion to people eating popcorn in a movie theater.
    I think maybe we are miscommunicating, I wasn't blaming the victim, I was blaming the shooter.

No harm done.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooks View Post
    One of the funniest movies I ever went to was when there was this loudmouthed fat guy in the back. The whole movie he was yelling stuff and eating a ridiculous amount of popcorn. None of it in a serios voice.

"Hes behind the door you dumb piece of ****"

"Why the **** would you do that? Are you ****ing retarded?"

"Holy **** that guy is black"

Around the end of the movie this guy like 2 seats in front of him told him to be quiet. The fat guy threw all of his popcorn on the guy and stormed out of there (quick for a fat guy).
    Ever read The Confederacy of Dunces?

That sounds like thew main character.

My kingdom for a .