Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It doesn't get any sicker then this.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default It doesn't get any sicker then this.

Extreme tragedy in Belgium, some nutjob runs into a baby whatsitcalled and randomly starts stabbing baby's. 4 dead, 10 in the hospital in critical condition.

What. the. hell. Good news is that they got him.

only dutch source more later.
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-23-2009 at 16:48.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: It doesn't get any sicker then this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Extreme tragedy in Belgium, some nutjob runs into a baby whatsitcalled and randomly starts stabbing baby's. 4 dead, 10 in the hospital in critical condition.

What. the. hell. Good news is that they got him.

only dutch source more later.
    My prayers for the victims and their families. Horrific.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Right.

Definite guilt.
    Murder

Firing squad after Magistrate's trial.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Wow. That makes the eyes burn.

If the guy is dead then the priority is to console the victim's families.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 01-23-2009 at 17:20.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Found an English link:

Three die in Belgian child care center attack

DENDERMONDE, Belgium (Reuters) - A man with a white painted face and blackened eyes fatally stabbed two infants and a woman at a child care center in western Belgium on Friday before cycling away.

Eleven other children and two other women workers were wounded and being treated at local hospitals, authorities said. Three of the children were in a critical condition.
    Terrible.
    Last edited by naut; 01-23-2009 at 17:25.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic View Post
    Found an English link:

Three die in Belgian child care center attack

Terrible.
    "white face and blackened eyes?"

I really wish the crazies would simply remove themselves from the equation rather than reveling in their own evil.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

"white face and blackened eyes?"
    He forgot the round red nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    I really wish the crazies would simply remove themselves from the equation rather than reveling in their own evil.
    There is a (more than slight) difference between "evil done because of evil" and "evil done because of psychiatric wondercase". This man may have been an evil crazy, or he may have been a crazy who is barely/not able to understand what's going on around him.

As this guy is a psychiatric patient, it may well be the second, and as such can't really be judged as evil even though they may do evil...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Crimes like this one deserve a special treatment as far as punishment goes. He should be fed to a school of piranhas or at the very least drawn and quartered.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

A man with a white painted face and blackened eyes stabbed two infants and a woman to death and injured 13 at a nursery in western Belgium on Friday before cycling away.
    The suspected attacker, who Belgian media said was a psychiatric patient, was detained soon afterwards at a local shop.
    I know everyone's gonna hate me for pointing this out, but seriously...

...the similarity is distressing. Maybe this guy actually thought he was the joker.
    Last edited by Reverend Joe; 01-23-2009 at 18:47.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Disgusting
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Arlington, Texas, United States of America.

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    Crimes like this one deserve a special treatment as far as punishment goes. He should be fed to a school of piranhas or at the very least drawn and quartered.
    I am hard pressed these more recent years to find the faith to believe that his punishment would be worse in the afterlife. No a painful and horrifing death seems to merciful, kind even. In a more perfect world I would rather see him helped, allowed time to understand the wrongs he had committed and be allowed to live in a lifetime of guilt for them. It would also seem I'm losing my taste for extravigent and bloody revenge. Piranhas, or being drawn and quartered can only serve to make our own society more evil. I hope he has a long and healthy life detained somewere isolated from all but rats, or a quick and painless death so that his last expierence in his life is gentle, may his death know what his life did not.

As for the children that died my thoughts are with them, for the childcare workers that tryed to defend them they truly are brave.
    Last edited by BigTex; 01-23-2009 at 20:13.
    Wine is a bit different, as I am sure even kids will like it.
    BigTex
    "Hilary Clinton is the devil"
    ~Texas proverb

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

More information in English.

From Times OnlineJanuary 23, 2009

Babies and adult killed in knife attack at Belgian nursery
    ( Yves Herman/Reuters)
    Adults were injured as they tried to put themselves between the attacker and the children

David Charter in Dendermonde, Belgium
    A crazed knife attacker, his eyes blackened and his face painted white, tricked his way into a children’s day care centre and killed two babies and a female childminder in a stabbing spree which left ten more youngsters injured with slash wounds today.

The assailant, thought to be a psychiatric patient, was said by police to have sought out the youngest among the 21 children aged one to three who were being looked after at the 'Storyland' crèche.

Three more female members of staff were hacked in the arms and legs by the knifeman as they heroically tried to defend the toddlers, some of whom had been sleeping in cots when the frenzied attack began.

The man, aged around 25, was last night being held by Belgian police who caught him at a nearby supermarket about an hour-and-a-half after he began his murderous rampage in the sleepy town of Dendermonde, 20 miles north-west of Brussels.

The guy just went crazy,” said Theo Janssens, the deputy mayor. “There was blood everywhere, it was unbelievable, real carnage.” With tears streaming from his eyes, he added: “He went straight for the babies and attacked them. The smallest ones were in their beds, they were probably asleep. The two who were killed were just babies.” The latest gruesome child murder to blight Belgium began at around 10am when the doorbell rang at the Fabeltjesland nursery in the St Gillis suburb of this 42,000-strong town.

It is not clear whether the visitor could be seen before he had talked his way in, reportedly by insisting that he had a message to deliver to someone. Witnesses described him as unusually tall and thin, with ginger hair and his face painted white with the eyes blackened out, possibly also wearing a bullet-proof vest.

The assailant immediately made for the youngest children as the all-female staff tried valiantly to protect them. One child and one adult died at the scene and another baby died later in hospital.

The man fled by bicycle and was arrested by police either in or near a nearby supermarket. He was reportedly wounded during his arrest. He is said not to have any known connection with the daycare centre.

“An act of great brutality has happened here against our weakest citizens,” said Buyse Piet, the mayor. “The whole city is united in support for the parents who are in deep grief.” Parents ran sobbing through the streets to the crèche as word spread of the attack and the air was filled with ambulance sirens and the clatter of search helicopters.

It took around half-an-hour for the first of a fleet of ambulances to reach the scene and begin ferrying the wounded to several hospitals where doctors performed at least ten operations.

Christian Du Four, the local prosecutor, added: “He quickly pulled out a knife and started using it on the children. He then went up to another floor and started doing the same thing again.”

Damien Vernon, a 43-year-old from Ireland who has lived in Dendermonde for five years, said: “It is just a sad day here, we are a small town and the crime figures are low here. We are just in shock.”

Dr Ignace Demeyer, director of Aalst hospital six miles away, said that ten children and two adults arrived with serious stab wounds, all requiring surgery, and that all were now in a stable condition. He said that the attack was very violent and that the children had multiple stab wounds all over their bodies.

Mr Demeyer added that 21 children were at the daycare centre at the time of the attack and nine were unharmed.

The town used a nearby community centre to provide psychological counselling to victims and witnesses of the stabbings, while parents gathered in the town hall.

It is the latest in a string of gruesome child murders in Belgium, where the paedophile Marc Dutroux killed four girls in the 1990s and Genevieve Lhermitte cut the throats of all her five children last year.

Article in Dutch

It says that the killer is only 20, did not have a criminal record, is not somebody who escaped from a mental institution, was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Apparently, he refuses to cooperate and he mocks the policemen who are questioning him.

I'm speechless...
    Last edited by Andres; 01-23-2009 at 21:17.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by article
    It is not clear whether the visitor could be seen before he had talked his way in, reportedly by insisting that he had a message to deliver to someone. Witnesses described him as unusually tall and thin, with ginger hair and his face painted white with the eyes blackened out, possibly also wearing a bullet-proof vest.
    Either way, Bravo! Who let this guy in?
    Last edited by Vladimir; 01-23-2009 at 21:21.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post

As this guy is a psychiatric patient, it may well be the second, and as such can't really be judged as evil even though they may do evil...
    Oh brother...
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave View Post
    Oh brother...
    Right Dave. I'll indulge you; we should punish people for doing evil things, but how can we punish people who don't know what they're doing? They belong in psychiatric institutions, we can't apply the same standards for people who know what they're doing and people who haven't a clue. A person may commit evil, but how can you punish him when he haven't got the faintest idea of what they're doing? Are we to punish them purely out of malice and vengeance?

There is a reason we have prisons, and there is also a reason why we have institutions for psychiatric patients. But hey, if you want to spend your life foaming, be my guest. As long as you have no way of influencing the society I live in, I don't care.

note: this may not apply to this particular case anymore....
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Right Dave. I'll indulge you; we should punish people for doing evil things, but how can we punish people who don't know what they're doing? They belong in psychiatric institutions, we can't apply the same standards for people who know what they're doing and people who haven't a clue. A person may commit evil, but how can you punish him when he haven't got the faintest idea of what they're doing? Are we to punish them purely out of malice and vengeance?

There is a reason we have prisons, and there is also a reason why we have institutions for psychiatric patients. But hey, if you want to spend your life foaming, be my guest. As long as you have no way of influencing the society I live in, I don't care.

No offense, but you're the type of guy that, once the nuts are locked up in the looney bin, would be the first one screaming from the high heavens that they should not be locked up. SO what's the point in argueing with you. There was a time when this sort nut would be safely tuck away in an asylum but folks like you have unleashed these crazies and now the truelly innocent must suffer your bleeding heart. Take it for what its worth, i could give two how "uncaring" or "intolerant" you may think I am. If one of these ******* were to stab my kids to death, I wouldn't seek vengence on the nutbag only, I'd kill the bleeding hearts (judges, social workers)that allowed this waste of human flesh to breath the free air.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 01-24-2009 at 08:48. Reason: Language
    RIP Tosa

Blog Entries

I disagree.

He falls into one of two categories:

• Sane - therefore evil, and deserving of retribution
    • Insane. The damaged goods needs to be disposed of.

I'd not be overly fussed about giving the injection if required. I'd be doing more for the good of society than I do most days.

Last edited by rory_20_uk; 01-23-2009 at 21:54.
    An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    I disagree.

He falls into one of two categories:

• Sane - therefore evil, and deserving of retribution
    • Insane. The damaged goods needs to be disposed of.

I wrote an essay and you summed everything up with 4 sentences and had a smoke to boot. You're awesome.
    RIP Tosa

So Rory , in your medical opinion would someone who said things like
    I wouldn't seek vengence on the nutbag only, I'd kill the bleeding hearts (judges, social workers)that allowed this waste of human flesh to breath the free air.
    be sectionable and as such are they damaged goods that you would inject to dispose of ? .

Blog Entries

Words, not actions. Rather a cavernous difference. And speaking in a theoretical state of events in a situation where histrionics are the norm.

Sectionable? Danger to themselves or others. I see no evidence based on this small amount of information to judge, to be honest. I am unable to section an individual - I would need about three others to undertake a face-to-face review of the individual and that can take an hour or more.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

What a .

Its things like this that make me wish hell existed just so people could burn in it.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Take him out, shoot him, no more threat to society.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Sick. What makes me feel sicker is I know that we all have the capacity, if not the intention, to commit such things.
    I support Israel

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo_H View Post
    Sick. What makes me feel sicker is I know that we all have the capacity, if not the intention, to commit such things.
    I think that I could "let go" and kill a guy, but I can't forsee a situation in which I would "let go" by painting my face and riding my bike to a nursery to stab babies and caretakers to death for no reason.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Words, not actions. Rather a cavernous difference.
    ah so you would have to wait for the killing before you did it .
    So that means you would then be a target of peolple who say ...
    I'd kill the bleeding hearts (judges, social workers)that allowed this waste of human flesh to breath the free air.
    See you have to kill the nuts before they go really nutty or you will feel the terrible vengenge of Dave

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo_H View Post
    As much as I like your taste in avatars, I have to admit I don't agree on this. Sure I'd kill someone in a war no problem but this is absolutedy sick, I would never do what this creep did, there is nothing that would ever make me want to do that.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

In contrast to earlier reporting, apparently the perpetrator had no psychiatric history.

Exclamation Re: It doesn't get any sicker then this.

This is nauseating. That guy is one sick waste of flesh.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Re: It doesn't get any sicker then this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    As much as I like your taste in avatars, I have to admit I don't agree on this. Sure I'd kill someone in a war no problem but this is absolutedy sick, I would never do what this creep did, there is nothing that would ever make me want to do that.
    Many Nazis or Japanese soldiers did far worse between 1935 and 1945, yet they apparently weren't psycho or whatever else. I guess this is kind of topic, but I'm pretty sure anybody could do that.

What is for me completely disturbing is that you cannot really hate that kind of guy. Most likely, his brain is not working as it should and he couldn't be considered an human being anymore. So he did that, that's horrible and he probably deserves to die, but he's already not living per se.

As far as I find this event sick and disgusting, I still find it less disturbing than stories about mass-rape led by a 15year old dude. When the first is ****** because he's crazy, the second is ****** up because he has no sense of reality.
    Last edited by Ser Clegane; 01-24-2009 at 11:48.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast