Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 Leaked Footage

Default Rome 2 Leaked Footage

Notes: Crappy pathfinding, Gladiators, and weird gladiator running around like headless chicken while getting shot by archers. Almost no unit collision too. Oh, gangsta archer running around.

Edit: Floating men mid air ducking it out.

Thought Rome 2 was going to be like Shogun 2 at least but this smells of Empire TW sadly.

Lol the mo-cap looks like Rome 1 flying animations.

Sad Panda is sad...

Warning: Description links got viruses, don't click.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 08-31-2013 at 15:04.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Members thankful for this post (2):

Assassins Guild Member The Outsider's Avatar

Default Re: Rome 2 Leaked Footage

Well i really hope that this is reaally old footage but i dont think so, we are all doomed. This looks terrible, units leaving formation for no reason, no collision, bloody gladiators charging and fighting with air, magical green arrows, traffic light on unit banners and a load of other crap. This is bad. Reaally baaaad....

Member thankful for this post:

Vuk 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kfj.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	354.8 KB 
ID:	10649

Sonic Free riders here we go! Weeeeee

Vuk 

Check out the dude to the front left in that picture dancing. lol I am really hoping that this is some extremely dated footage. Otherwise CA is being unethical by releasing this game how it is.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Whoever recorded the footage might have managed to extract the whole game and play it perhaps? Or crack the demo to get custom battles with all factions.

Don't underestimate pirates. They can do all sorts of things with the game...

Hear ye, hear ye!

Nah, looks like he is working from a video himself. Any idea what he is saying? I cannot speak Russian.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Yes as I said above. Perhaps somebody else leaked the footage to him or he recorded the footage himself and then commentated.

Can't speak Russian though. Perhaps somebody can?

Siege battles have always been the most ahistorical and unedifying experiences in TW. Can't understand why they persist in loading more gimmicks onto a basically broken feature. A certain saying about pigs and lipstick comes to mind.

In the same vein, do you all remember what a big deal CA was making about more realistic facial animations ('to make you feel the human side of battle')? Really, wtf?

lol, from what I have seen from their own released footage (not the leaked stuff), the facial expressions are horribly wooden and unnatural. Maybe they should have just stuck to making a great game and not bothered wasting their time with all the gimmicks. They should fire everyone involved with animation, voice acting, and AI, as those three areas have always been their greatest weaknesses. I can stand the bad voice acting and animation, but the consistently horrible AI is really annoying.

Almost no use in those facial animations. Why not larger scale, unit cohesion system, less crappy gimmicks and eye of Sauron. How about the grand scale of things as CA says themselves? How about a campaign that isn't barebones. How about a decent ui that is good function wise and immersive? They did a good job on the ui in Shogun 2 why not in Rome 2?

It goes on...

TW is broken.

Utterly broken.
    @Vuk, facial animations look like blobs of clay moving then falling apart.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 08-31-2013 at 15:35.

Vuk 

I gotta say though, I do love the size of those siege machines, even if they were an extremely rare sight IRL.

What I really do not like however is the ridiculous trails following the projectiles and the way that a rock knocks down and sends flying the people 10 feet away from it. Really guys?
    Last edited by Vuk; 08-31-2013 at 02:58.

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Almost no use in those facial animations. Why not larger scale, unit cohesion system, less crappy gimmicks and eye of Sauron. How about the grand scale of things as CA says themselves? How about a campaign that isn't barebones. How about a decent ui that is good function wise and immersive? They did it in Shogun 2 why not in Rome 2?

It goes on...

TW is broken.

Utterly broken.
    @Vuk, facial animations look like blobs of clay moving then falling apart.
    I actually don't mind the line of sight thing. I think that is a really good idea. The floating eyes over the men is kind of cheating and I don't like that, but I do like the line of sight idea. Adds more depth and realism to the game. I just wish they fixed the darned bugs first!

They talk about awesome mo-cap yet the animations look pretty dumb with people filled with helium or something flying to outer space.

To me there's no difference in Rome 1's animation of people flying and Rome 2's.

The same thing but now with corny facial animations for lulz.

@LoS

Imagine playing MP and the eyes disappear. You know there's units in that couple of trees and they're screwed already.
    Last edited by BroskiDerpman; 08-31-2013 at 03:04.

Everyone is all hunched over and looking at the ground in RII as well. I think that RTW's animations were better.

"To make you feel the human side of war."

@LoS

Imagine playing MP and the eyes disappear. You know there's units in that couple of trees and they're screwed already.
    Yeah, I completely agree with that. You should know when your men see an enemy, not when an enemy sees you. It is cheating.

OMG, listen at 5:40! One of the gladiators takes Commodus's line from Gladiator "A SWORD! GIVE ME A SWORD!". Considering they said people could not be disarmed, how the heck does that make any sense?

One of the abilities for the Gladiator unit is from Gladiator/ real life I believe.

Edit: CA was bored that's why.

One of the abilities for the Gladiator unit is from Gladiator/ real life I believe.
    What do you mean?

The Cretan archer's shields float about 1 foot away from their backs, and one of his units started wavering when surrounded by friendly units and when there were very few enemies. It seemed pretty random. Was there something I missed?

The Gladiator Oath or something. Some special units in Shogun 2 got special abilities so in Rome 2 even your Hastati got one.

The Gladiators get the oath thing which boosts stats.

That's if I read the twc thread correctly.

Oh, lol. That seems pretty corny.

The problem I have is with all these special abilities. Shogun 2 already had enough of the special abilities. Napoleon got it right with only the general and it's rally morale boost plus inspire which temporarily boosts morale and stats a little.

When you even have Hastati with unit stat boost ability something is wrong with TW by then.

I don't think that even the generals should have the special abilities. A general is always trying to boost morale and rally routing troops, which is why they get the constant morale bonus for being around him. Why can do additional boosts for short amounts of time with long waits in between? That was pretty unrealistic. I honestly think that Empire handled it better than any TW game to date.

The inspire ability isn't used much but the rally ability is helpful in pushing one area against a few units of Old Guard. You can pop up rally to keep your men from instantly routing and quickly go support other areas of the battle and then rush back.

It's like urging your men to fight on and then waltz off to oversee somebody else.

Makes no sense but from my online play it brings a little more variety and allows for attacks on fear units without all your men routing instantly.

I wish they at least made it optional.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Looks like a cracked copy. There is supposedly massive day 1 patch coming, so who knows what is still an issue and what is still a bug at this point. Best advice at is not to panic. We've got all winter to be let down if Rome 2 ends up being bad, after all.

Day one dlc, free dlc, and tweaks. Latest version we've seen is CA's rather un informative multiplayer footage which is most likely more newer than the one that went gold or pretty close.

Rome 2 space increases so it was probably patches, perhaps that got cracked too. Nevertheless I never have high expectations of CA after Empire. ( Mods barely made it playable to me until Empire Realism mod)

I also like how 2 seconds after being scattered to the ground by the rock with a comet trail, everyone who fell down gets up at precisely the same time.

Members thankful for this post (2):

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Day one dlc, free dlc, and tweaks. Latest version we've seen is CA's rather un informative multiplayer footage which is most likely more newer than the one that went gold or pretty close.

Rome 2 space increases so it was probably patches, perhaps that got cracked too. Nevertheless I never have high expectations of CA after Empire. ( Mods barely made it playable to me until Empire Realism mod)
    Empire was beyond words awful at launch. When Paradox devs joke on their forum that your game doesn't have AI.. you know you have issues to resolve. We'll see come Tuesday whether Rome 2 is an Empire or a Shogun 2. Fingers crossed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast