Thread: *Seekers of a New Beggining* A EB-BI-M2TW AAR

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

Red face *Seekers of a New Beggining* A EB-BI-M2TW AAR

Hello. This is sort of my first real introduction into the EB forums, despite being here for a while. I am Ghaust the Moor. I am a new guy to the EB scene and I am really enjoying it. Welcome to my first real AAR. I have started an interactive Epirote AAR, but It is slow, due to lack of attention. Please join if you are intrested.

Seekers of a New Beggining is an epic AAR that spans the lifetimes of an EB, BI, and M2TW campaigns. As you read you will notice that it is a very strange faction choice for what I intend to do, but I asssure you, everything has a purpose. I am making this semi-historical but I will take many liberties, I assureyou, Iit will defidently be plausible. I intend to give a fresh new look to the multitudes of EB AAR's, and do a new and unqiue story. I will post the first chapter sometime tonight.

Index:
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Last edited by Ghaust the Moor; 05-21-2009 at 03:20.

Default Re: *Seekers of a New Beggining* A EB-BI-M2TW AAR

Introduction:

We are a People, yet we are One.
    We are Men, yet we are Strong.

This land was once divided. I brought it together. Fifteen years ago, I brought us together. I made our people strong. We have brought upon a new dynasty. For now we are free. We will always be free. Of course, the Arche was not pleased. They felt our expansion was an attempt at their power. They became worried we would revolt. This means one thing…They are scared……… They should be. They are our allies, but not for long. A new Kingdom has risen. We will rule. The Arche will fall, and WE WILL RISE!!!!!

Spring 15 UOP (272BC)

Since our kingdom rose, fifteen years have passed. Currently we are strong and our purses overflow with gold. We, the Pahlava, have risen into a new era in which we are a major factor in the creating of it. I have made our kingdom what it was and what it is.
    At the start of the New Year, I have issued a decree to establish a new dating system. It shall be measured from when the nation of Pahlava was united. I plan on our country using this from now on.

Shortly after I made that decree, I was advised to fix all currently needed administrative problems. While we were in fact a rich country, we were losing money. Our armies were too large and our provinces too small to support each other. I had already greatly depleted our armies last season, but I was required to make some more cuts.

I have sent word to second army to relieve them of duty. I have yet to receive word back and I hope my son-in-law isn’t too rash. He is a rebellious spirit and I hope he doesn’t do anything to cause war with the Arche. We can’t afford this now. But, if it comes to this, I will fight. All taxes were raised in all areas, to accommodate our current army. While the people are content with our taxes, they are angered buy our lack of local governments. I have ordered construction on a temporary government. It should be function over the year.

Ahh, I have almost forgotten. It would be wise of me to state my name, since many kings will read this text and they will wonder who there ancestor was who united all of Pahlava. I am the first of the great Pahlav Kings. I am Phrapates e Dahaen.

[[[[Next chapter will be up tommorrow. This is sort of the Introduction. Please tell me if the sepia tone annoys you. I was going for a more antique feel. UOP stands for Unity of Parthia, if someone has a more accurate language and a translation for that please let me know]]]]]
    Last edited by Ghaust the Moor; 05-19-2009 at 01:49.

Member Member the man with no name's Avatar

Interesting AAR i'm follwing this.
    My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post

Steppe battles are very long, but the wars are short.

Infantry battles aren't as long, but the wars are much longer.

-gamegeek2
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Julii

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Will be reading this one

4x
    1x

First chapter is up now. See second post

Just read it, good start. Ill be reading this one regularly.

4x
    1x

Ahh, so you finally decided to do this AAR. Will be reading this one!
    "You must know, then, that there are two methods of fight, the one by law, the other by force: the first method is that of men, the second of beasts; but as the first method is often insufficient, one must have recourse to the second. It is therefore necessary for a prince to know well how to use both the beast and the man.
    -Niccolo Machiavelli

AARs:
    The Aeduic War: A Casse Mini AAR
    The Kings of Land's End: A Lusitani AAR

Not Actually Greek... Member NickTheGreek's Avatar

Cool, I always planned on doing a game spanning AAR, it'll be nice to see how it works out
    Balloons! - - A Very Super Market, - Tiberius Claudius Marcellus, - Machinor

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Nice!
    So it's Parthia->Sassanid-> ?

I wish you good luck! There lies a path full of privations, but also glory, before you!

Quote Originally Posted by I of the Storm View Post
    Nice!
    So it's Parthia->Sassanid-> ?
    Vanilla doesn't have any Persians, but there are some mods that have factions which might be a good choice.

By the way, Empire TW has the Safavids, doesn't it?
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi

Actually, Not the Sassinids. You shall see. Tis a secret

Cool! I'm going to follow this one.
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Chapter 2

Summer 15 UOP (272 BC)

Today, I received a very troubling report. My messengers just came back from informing the second army that they are to disband, and they brought ill-news. Apparently we have made enemies in this world that wish to kill us. We are now at war with Seleukia. They have ordered their men to “Give no quarter to Parthian scum!!” I think we should do the same. We shall lose many men, but we will be victorious in the end, It appears my hopes have been dashed and my fears realized. But war has come and we must fight, we are not cowards.

This is, unfortunately, the least of my worries for it appears that my son-in-law, Harasp e Dahaen, was the instigator in this war. He attacked the Arche city of Zadrakata, and took it victoriously. I will provide you with the letter that contains the “official” report of the battle. That is if Harasp’s word can be trusted. I don’t of course. He shall be punished very harshly when I get a hold of him. I just hope he isn’t doing this out of his own filthy greed…but I doubt it is anything but.
    I am not sure though that I will be able to stop him at Zadrakata though. For all I know he has left Zadrakata and is currently marching for Asaak or Hekatompylos. He informed me in his message that he will be headed for one of these two cities, but he did not specify. He stated that he will choose what is the most strategically sound, and if I know my son, he will be heading for Asaak.

1 Week Later

In response to this new threat of war, I ordered my first army, lead by myself, to march east. I intend to attack either one of the Seleukid’s border satrapies of Marakanda or Antiocheia-Margiane. I have mad a choice to attack Marakanda as it should be weakly defended. I am still awaiting reports from my spies. If Antiocheia-Margiane is weaker I shall attack it first. But for now the course is Marakanda. By the time this war is over, the Arche will regret not having crushed us when they had the chance. I will make them suffer…They will all feel the pain of their skulls being crushed under my mace

Harasp's Message

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Good King.

It is your son Harasp-e-Dahaen. I give you news of our first great victory against the Demon that is the Arche. I had my artist provide you with some drawings to help with your imagining of such and unbelievable victory. I of course was present within this heroic battle and I was the whole and only cause of our victory.

I set up our forces in the traditional matter in which we all attack a city. I stood at the far right of the line and lead our soldiers from that illustrious position. As I realized that our spies had managed to sneak the northern gates open, I marched our army into the undefended gates and began to rain death on the defenseless armies. I was a sad thing really, to see such good men die all because the refused to negotiate.

Oh, did I forget to mention that? I had sent my personal emissary, Orodes, to discuss their surrender, but when they tried to poison my man, I was obligated to attack. There was no way they would get away with insulting me and the whole Pahlav kingdom.

Forgive me, I rant. As we rained arrows on them, the levy spearman charged down the main boulevard and attacked my weaker cavalry. I pulled my bodyguard down the left outer street while I ordered my other Dahae Riders to move down the eastern outer road. The levies were butchered in the cross-fire. As they retreated back to the town square, man after man fell under the maelstrom of arrows. Then their sole unit capable of hurting my men, Slingers, pfft, let loose their bullets. Not for long. They too met the fate of the levies.

Well Father, I hope you enjoyed this epic tale of our first great victory against our nemesis. I would tell you to reply, but I shall probably not be here in Zadrakata, by the time it would get here. I plan on marching on the next cities in the region. I will either attack Asaak or Hekatompylos, whichever choice is most sound. I will send you a message as soon as possible. Farewell Great King

Your son,
    Harasp-e-Dahaen

Good start, I like your sephia screenshots. Makes it looks like a history book. Also your blurred screenshots of the battle are knew and will be a good change. Good work.

4x
    1x

OH snap. I forgot to mention that this AAR is told through a book that is written by each of the kings of my nations.

Member Member the man with no name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliyi View Post
    Good start, I like your sephia screenshots. Makes it looks like a history book. Also your blurred screenshots of the battle are knew and will be a good change. Good work.
    btw the effect is called colored pencil i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaust the Moor View Post
    OH snap. I forgot to mention that this AAR is told through a book that is written by each of the kings of my nations.
    U mean like book of kings kind of? Good job anyhow
    Last edited by the man with no name; 05-20-2009 at 03:58.
    My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post

Steppe battles are very long, but the wars are short.

Infantry battles aren't as long, but the wars are much longer.

-gamegeek2
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Julii

btw the effect is called colored pencil i believe

U mean like book of kings kind of? Good job anyhow
    Actually, the effect is called crosshatch. Sorry, just being nitpicky. .

Its actually suppossed to be a written history of the nation as told through eyes of each king. The first king dies, the second king begins his story.
    Last edited by Ghaust the Moor; 05-20-2009 at 19:35.

Um, wow. I can't believe this happened so early. I have been having a constant ctd in my campaign. I load up the save game it works, but no matter what I do when I press the end turn button, I ctd. This really sucks. Looks like I have to cancel this. Thanks to all of you that actually, took time to read the begginings of my failed AAR. Please accept my humble balloon, for your attention

Looked promising. Can't you quickly replay the campaign? Or were you too far ahead for that?

I guess I could replay it. I would take a lot of cheating though. I have played into the 250s, is that too far?

To bad, I was looking forward to this.. Hope you can retry or think of something new.

4x
    1x

If you don't need screenshots you can auto-calc your way to a similar situation. Since you are playing one of the smaller factions it might be doable. If you do need the screenshots, then it might be better to start anew. :(

Well, the reason I got so far was cause nothing happened exept 2 battles and I didn't get the screenshots for them. The screens didn't save. I guess, I could totoly re-start. I'll just make a new chapter one.
    Last edited by Ghaust the Moor; 05-26-2009 at 11:32.

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

do that, this is quite an interesting idea, to write over the periods. to bad that those nasty cdt's happen all around. eagerly awaiting the news.
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Unlucky Ghaust, I know only too well how frustrating it is to lose an AAR you are enjoying making to a CTD. It's hard to go back and do it all again, good luck if you do try again.

I will restart it. But It may take a while. I have been going over the current chapters and I have been reviewing my writing. The story will be the same, but I may change the style with which it is written. I may also change the starting faction, due to the fact that this doesn't matter to the end result. The new one will be posted in a new thread, so no new people get confused. It would be a hassle to get the old chapters deleted as well. So as soon as I get my first chapter written, I will put up a new thread.

I hate to say it, but if the first chapter is posted during this week, the second will probably not be up for another two weeks. I have finals all next week and then it will take a while to write it. I shall then make the first chapter very very long. The writing will be much more indepth. I just kind-of threw my school notes together the first time. It will be much much better.

So, I just have a question for you all. What way of writing should be done? I liked the old way, but I felt it was improper for fleshing out characters. I would like to hear you input. If you guys like the old way, we can do it that way, but please let me know your opinion.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I find starting a new AAR in the same style as the previous can get boring quickly. It may be best to start totally fresh, a new style, perhaps a new plot. Sometimes it's best to think what you enjoy yourself, rather than your readers, because if you don't enjoy doing it, it doesn't matter what your reader think.

I was thinking of maybe being a modded faction. Possibly the numidians or the maure. Maybe even the Garamantines. I don't know.

Zoodling Millipede Member Ariovistus Maximus's Avatar

Oooh, sad news Ghaust!

Hope you can figure a way to work it out! It felt so good to know the secrets of your AAR plan!!!

But as promised, here is your balloon for starting such a revolutionary AAR concept: Which is even more deserved if you can keep going on it somehow!

(yes guys it really was an awesome idea)

Hey Ghaust, one option is to restart and use custom battles to get the story where you want it to be, and still make it consistent.
    OF DESTINY AND DUTY: A GALATIAN AAR
    Preview of the Week:

And then check out my ANCIENT WEAPONS STUDY

My balloons: x 8

Yeah my original plan was to be the pahlav and then due to pressure of the saka, is forced to flee from thier homeland and seek a new beggining. They would try and settle in other areas, but would be forced out by the natives. After traveling, they would settle in numidia. After capturing all of weastern africa, save carthage. They would fight a bloddy war and then be confined to the western most edges. Due to weakness in power, the kings cease writing for centuries until a berber king (decended from the royal family) finds it and begins to continue. Eventually that war would end and then the moors play in M2TW. That was my rough idea.