Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Empire Total War system requirements

Default Re: Empire Total War system requirements

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyManiac View Post
    On what settings will I be able to play ETW with this laptop?

Dell Studio 15
    Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz
    3GB DDR2
    256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
    The video card should be fine for 1366 x 768, playing at more than medium, ( maybe someone knows more specifically ). the processor I can't figure out where that one lies in intels range. I see it just came out in feb so it's prolly fast enough.

pretty much guesswork on my part but it should be fine at that resolution. If you get it, post back on how it plays, people rarely do that but I think it'd be helpful for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Babblearossa View Post
    I don't know your motherboard so I can't be certain, but if the sockets the same it should drop right in. going from 90W to 120 shouldn't require a new power supply, but that's for the 6400+. the 6000+ is cheaper and 90W, looking at the cpu charts at tomshardware ( the 2007 ones ), it looks like you'd get somewhere from 20% to 50% framerate increase if cpu is the actual bottleneck.

It's not worth it for this game probably, it might be if it gets you an extra year or two before you want to upgrade your computer.

You haven't said what resolution you're playing at and how much memory is on the 8500 video card. To decide that it's really not the video card you might try dropping the resolution down. Also in that link in the post above, the one at totalwar.com, I think it made a point that higher quality textures in this game use much more memory than in previous ones, I don't entirely recall it as I quit reading once my install quit lagging but it's probably worth going over if you're unable to play the game due to laggyness.

Trying to play at low/none for everything. The video card is the 512MB memory version, if I remember right.

I'll have to try again and see if the new patch's multithreading upgrade helped at all.

UPDATE: tried again Aug. 30 and now after the credit screens (which are sluggish and choppy) it goes to a white screen with a cursor and hangs there. Lovely. Does even less than it used to.
    Last edited by gardibolt; 08-31-2009 at 21:48.

I'm planning on buying a laptop, and now my question is, will it be able to handle E:TW?

Acer Aspire 7735 ZG-424 G50 MN

Intel T4200 @ 2.0 Ghz.
    4 GB DDR3
    ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 4570 512MB
    @Vista Home Premium 32bit

At what settings will the game run?
    My Balloons:

Playing as the Republiek der Zeven Verenigde Nederlanden

The actual UP flag

What would be the ultimate PC for ETW? I am thinking of putting together one

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis of Roland View Post
    What would be the ultimate PC for ETW? I am thinking of putting together one
    Do you want to post a budget? Any preferences in hardware? etc etc Im sure I could post a system spec costing £10,000 that you would love - but thats probably more then you want to spend =p
    "Why should I? Your very existence is nothing but a lie! And everything in this world is a whim! It's all the fruit of an insane imagination! NOTHING IS REAL! AND NEITHER DO I EXIST!" - [Sayoko - Character from OMG]

I (somehow) run the ETW demo

Windows XP SP3

1.5 GB RAM

Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ with HT

Geforce 6600GT 128 MB

I run on low, with unit models on medium. It runs okay (for me anyway, probably not most people's definition of okay :D) The sea battle in the demo is much smoother then the land battle.

Is it even worth buying the game for $17.99 with this setup? I would upgrade, but I am a college student and finding seasonal employment right now has been difficult to say the least, so needless to say I am flat broke.

I was looking into upgrading (cheaply) with a cheap Video Card upgrade.

It's on newegg (can't post the link yet) its a Geforce 8400 512MB for 34.99 with free shipping

Its not good, but its cheap, and significantly better then what I have. The main problem is I stupidly forgot I only have a crappy 300Watt power supply, SO I would need to upgrade that as well most likely (that card says it needs 350 Watts so I'd upgrade to a 400-500 watt.) Would the card even boot up with 300? I don't have many other peripherals (one hard drive, a DVD drive, a NIC card, and a fan.)

Would the game work? Would it even be stable (i've read about a lot of bugs/crashes etc) I run M2TW on low/mediumish settings, and am content with the performance and the graphics.

If you're happy with the demo you'll probably be happy with the game, if you do go to an 8400 I don't think you'll need a new power supply, 350/300 is pretty close and except for the cpu being a bit of a hog you don't have much stuff in that computer. They give the recommended power supply rating a fair amount of leeway because some people like me might have 6 disks and a bunch of other useless gizmos also loaded in there.

I'm putting a new system together not JUST for Empire Total War, but it will be for others, so I don't have to respost everyone here I hope no one minds heading to the forum I posted the topic on
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=1273523

keep in mind, being from australia those prices are in Australian Dollars.

basically I'm putting together a intel Core i7 system with a Motherboard that I hope I won't have to replace the computer till 5 years later (when it should be struggling with the latest games at that time)
    and can upgrade it inbetween so that It can keep up. and a big case so that I don't have to worry about what I put in it.
    I play Custom Campaign Mod with 1.2!
    My guide on the Family Tree - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87794
    Kobal2fr's guides on training chars to be
    Governors - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86130
    Generals - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87740
    Blue's guide to char development - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87579

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Buy XFX ATI. They give the most bang for life-time warrantied buck right now. ATI cards are more competatively priced atleast in the States. A 4890HD = $200 USD while a 275gtx is $20 more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e&Order=PRICED

http://techreport.com/articles.x/16681/1
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 09-04-2009 at 14:30.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

the 4890's from what I've read are definetly great bang for buck, especially with the fact that they actually perform slightly faster than the GTX 275 on lower framerates (1440x900,1680x1050) but the GTX275 is just that bit faster on the HDMI res's and up. As this report shows its rather inconclusive http://techreport.com/articles.x/16681/1 as to whom is the real winner (although no doubt those OC'd are probably slightly faster)

But my choice for getting the NVIDIA card is mainly because I've normally got NVIDIA's and theyve treated me well thus far, also because it comes with PHYS X and then when the 300 series comes out with support for directx 11 I can use it as a phyx card. Thats my idea for now at any rate.
    My guide on the Family Tree - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87794
    Blue's guide to char development - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87579

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Yeah but ATI always has the hardware advantage while Nvidia always has the driver optimization advantage. Usually ATI wins if you go super AA. Plus its manufactured by XFX who are part of the Big 3 Nvidia Manufacturers(EVGA, BFG, XFX).
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

my only question is and while I'd probably need AA considering I don't have a high end monitor but for people that do, you don't really need AA at the really high resolutions 1920x1080 and up, unfortunately I won't be getting an XFX EVGA or BFG just because wheere I shop doesn't stock them.

Everyone - turn off SSAO unless you have a super-ring. It's a lag bringer...

Posting Like A Ninja! Member Knight of Ne's Avatar

Will i be able to play E:TW with my current CP?

Proccessor: AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-core Processor, 2.20ghz
    RAM: 3.00GB
    System type: 64-bit
    Card: Nvidia Geforce 9200

Sorry about the lack of info i dont know how to find the rest.
    Ne.

That should be able to play ETW I think... I'm 85% sure.

Nvidia Geforce 9200?

what sort of memory dose it have?

Posting Like A Ninja! Member Knight of Ne's Avatar

I dont know what memory it has but i brought the game and it works really well on it. So in the end it was fine.

I'm surprised...that's an awfully slow processor.

Lightbulb i love this website

Heya,how are you doing recently ? I would like to introduce you a very good company which i knew.Their website is www.maxltd.co.uk .They can offer you all kinds of nike shoes which you need like ,Please take some time to have a check ,there must be somethings you 'd like to purchase .free shipingTheir contact email: maxltd.co.uk@gmail.comHope you have a good mood in shopping from their company !Regards nike air max 90Nike Air Max NZnike Air Rift

What do u think, would this one suffice for ETW?

Intel® Core™2 Duo E7400-Prozessor (2,8 GHz, 1.066 MHz, 3 MB Cache)
    Original Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 64 Bit
    3.072MB 800 MHz Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM [3 x 1.024]
    nVidia GeForce GT220 / 1.024 MB
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Hi all...

...been hanging around the forums since Medieval TW way back in the day, finally registered. =)

So I'm thinking of buying a cheap new pc, and i really want to play ETW. Found one at a good price with the following specs:

- Intel Pentium E5200 2,5GHz, 2MB L2-cache
    - 3GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz
    - 500GB 7200 rpm
    - Nvidia GeForce G210 512MB
    - Vista home, 32bit

Main considerations are the CPU and the graphics card. What do you make of them for ETW?

Thanks a lot,
    Dexter

OK I tested it on Can you Run it and I got min reqs..

So could I play with a

AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core processor TL-60 2x 512 KB L2 cache, 2.0 Ghz, 800 MHz

ATI Radeon Xpress 1270 Graphics

Sorry I don't know much about computers and I figured one of those is the problem... Maybe both idk.

I read somewhere that AMD graphics cards couldn't run Anti-Aliasing and SSAO at the same time.

Thats what it says I have on Can you run it and on my computer box? So idk...

Sorry for the double post... This might help. I just want to play the game without lag... I don't care about graphics, if I download the demo will it run like the full game would?

That should work. If you still have lag turn of SSAO (it looks nice but takes a lot of memory to run).

Should I download the demo to test it out before I buy it? I heard the demo doesn't work well so I'm not sure hahaha.

The demo is just 2 battles but it's a good way to test your system (but I really think your system can play ETW).

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you have the download limit (depending on country) to do so, definately download the demo.

Even if the demo runs slowly, the game will be faster. Demo's always seem to be unoptimised code from CA.

(I ran M2TW demo and it was 10 FPS, got full game, was normal. )
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Alright then I guess I will buy this game sometime in the next week or so! I can't wait haha

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast