Thread: (CAI) Chivalry - based gameplay, or Dread based is preferable?

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Default (CAI) Chivalry - based gameplay, or Dread based is preferable?

Ok, just finished another campaign in a certain M2TWK mod, and I wonder if the EBII will bring benefits to "chivalrous" acts instead of dreaded one in terms of beneficial alliances and elses.

Just realize after doing a campaign with almost strict "chivalrous rule" playing as Scotland, no mindless rampage, no attack before attacked first (or breaking alliance first - in a certain case against Denmark who troops trespassing my territories), and generally present "just war"

Tried to maintaining very trustworthy reputations pay a lot, even when it has a hard start, my agents goes on to become popes regularly, allies choose to stay with my big happy alliance instead of joining "rascals", having a lot of military acess benefits, and something that we can only wonder in RTW.... trustworthiness in M2TW means AI factions that was "almost finished off anyway" will accept vassal status without much trouble and for most of the time (well, except genoa), they stay loyal with me.

------------------------

Ok, so can we play as "Chivalrous" Arche Seleukeia, and maintaining the vassal states of Pontos, Hayasdan, and Pahlava, plus getting some marriage alliance to secure stable relationships with Ptolemaioi?

or will EB II become more into some certain CAI that will make AI factions actually follows you when you are feared because they fear of the consequences of "angering" you? (means killing prisoners, sacking cities, and assassinations will do better things in the long terms)
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

Default Re: (CAI) Chivalry - based gameplay, or Dread based is preferable?

Not being a team member, I don't know the answer to all your questions, but I believe the EB2 team has decided not to use the Chivalry or Dread mechanics at all.

Pretty much, chivalry in some form might make an appearance in future but dread is most likely out.
    Last edited by bobbin; 04-14-2011 at 11:32.

Is it possible to change back to influence and management or is it of course hardcoded?
    Last edited by Olaf The Great; 04-12-2011 at 20:51.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

Well perhaps piety could be re-skinned and re-texted into management since piety determines who manages cities in M2TW. Although, Management is in the Britannia campaign AFAIK.

Well if a use can be found for Dread or Piety it would be nice... not sure in the context what would be appropriate though on the same hand Chivalry unless made into popularity or influence or something similar seems strange to leave in particularly since I thought the pop growth bonus is hard coded to the levels. If that link can be broken or changed then it makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf The Great View Post
    Is it possible to change back to influence and management or is it of course hardcoded?
    No they don't work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Biowulf View Post
    Well perhaps piety could be re-skinned and re-texted into management since piety determines who manages cities in M2TW. Although, Management is in the Britannia campaign AFAIK.
    This is what we are doing, management in the Britannia campaign is just a reworked version of the vanilla piety from M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Well if a use can be found for Dread or Piety it would be nice... not sure in the context what would be appropriate though on the same hand Chivalry unless made into popularity or influence or something similar seems strange to leave in particularly since I thought the pop growth bonus is hard coded to the levels. If that link can be broken or changed then it makes more sense.
    It's the battle effects that are the real problem, but like I said they chivalry might be implemented as a form of popularity, but dread is almost certainly out.
    Last edited by bobbin; 04-14-2011 at 11:40.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    It's the battle effects that are the real problem, but like I said they chivalry might be implemented as a form of popularity, but dread is almost certainly out.
    The problem with this, though, is that one's popularity can only go up, and never down. After all, if executing/exterminating has no effect since dread is removed, then it would have the same effect as ransoming/sacking, which is no effect. However, on the occasion that one releases/occupies, then chivalry will go up. I think it would be pretty unrealistic to have all your generals popularity slowly and inexplicably rising without fail the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    The problem with this, though, is that one's popularity can only go up, and never down. After all, if executing/exterminating has no effect since dread is removed, then it would have the same effect as ransoming/sacking, which is no effect. However, on the occasion that one releases/occupies, then chivalry will go up. I think it would be pretty unrealistic to have all your generals popularity slowly and inexplicably rising without fail the entire game.
    Well that's not how it works, so thats not something that would happen. Chivalry is just the positive numbers, and then Dread are just the negative numbers in a number line. You can still go up and down, but we'll just lock off going into the negative numbers.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Well that's not how it works, so thats not something that would happen. Chivalry is just the positive numbers, and then Dread are just the negative numbers in a number line. You can still go up and down, but we'll just lock off going into the negative numbers.

Foot
    nice, that means we can get more trustworthy factions since chivalry will be plentiful, but...

hmm, so no more "Alexander" scene when he lead the charge and the Persians rout in front of him?
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

Quote Originally Posted by Rahwana View Post
    nice, that means we can get more trustworthy factions since chivalry will be plentiful, but...

hmm, so no more "Alexander" scene when he lead the charge and the Persians rout in front of him?
    Did you not just read what I said? At what point did I say that Chivalry will be plentiful?

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I'm thinking that all the +"management" abilities should have +taxation/trade/mining/farming whatever and maybe -morale to offset the chivalry bonus.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius