Page 33 of 137 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Default Re: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Vote: GeneralHankerchief

why gh? i really think his tone makes him way more likely to be a villager. especially compared to recent wolf games

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

OK I have a some time rn so I will ISO Csargo, Dya, and Ampharos (my slot).
    @Visor, @pzelda: abort mission. This is a fail.
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

ephemeral

Official Tally as of #963

4 Csargo (Sunbae, Arapocalypse, ColonelLubriderm, Hally)

2 GeneralHankerchief (Cuthillius, Ephemeral)
    2 pzelda (Montmorency, Dolby)
    2 Raskolnikov (Visor, pzelda)

1 Cuthillius (Maple)
    1 Dolby (Csargo)
    1 dyachei (Raskolnikov)
    1 Ephemeral (GeneralHankerchief)
    1 Maple (Esooa)

Not Voting: dyachei, Manasi

Vote: ephemeral

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    I'm astounded that Ara is reading Monty as twtbaw, and that people are heavily scumreading him for his entrance. The outcome itself is probably fine in an environment where he's being either ignored or mildly sus but it's a big thonk

Csargo is fine

Monty's hard post is around the fluff level I expect it to be. Think it's just typical him. Isn't howling. He's fine

Amp's Dya vote is meh. Don't think they mentioned them before the vote?

I think it goes without saying that I think sheer volume of Pzelda townreads are bad. I dislike specifically his "don't TR Monty for contrarian takes", feels like an excuse to not progress the read. He does progress the read slightly later though saying that I've TMIed Monty town. Part of me doesn't want to accuse him of outright gaslighting, but, yeah....

Outside one specific point everything here is fine even though I disagree with it. But you seriously going to cite his opening vote on Hally as a reason to SR him?

Eph's posting been fine.

Dya is here and I should ISO the slot since this is the first Dya post I really remember seeing (833), but they are definetely less impactful than in Ice Cream team maf D2

Kinda concerned rn about Esooa's readslist. Imo it's entirely consensus with only a few deviations (Colonel null instead of town, Maple scum and maybe Amp at null being those). The null reads to have more explanation than (most) of the town reads and scum reads. Can't say that I have an opinion on Maple but I feel like they've just been trying to vibe and have a good time with the thread. Kinda like the GH analysis in there fwiw

Like GH's 855 moreso for identifying that Amp/Dya are being pushed for being lacking. I also like the comment "His thoughts just feel (sic: more) natural and Monty-esque", it matches with what I thought of Monty's hard post, just typical of being him.

Don't like the general trend where in GH's posts it's always "dolby is just a little to X"

#899 with regards to my wall: I started by reading from post 91, but was pretty sure that up until that wall I hadn't expressed a Hally townread in the thread, or that I particularly agreed with Hally. So I thought it was weird that I was portrayed as TRing Hally. That said, I'm pretty sure that I said "mindmelded with Hally again" because I had similar thoughts to them at multiple points during my reread

Really not seeing how this is a thought at all

yeah I'm comfortable remaining here

Historically I've had bad reads on Csargo but I should look through his ISO
    How strong of a read do you have on Monty currently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

I think are almost always villagers
    Hally, Ara

I am pretty sure they are villagers but they have some skepticism on them so I'll keep an eye on it
    pZelda, Colonel, GH

Gut says V but I'm not confident in it
    Esooa, Dya, Mont, Ephem, Cuth

Others feel good about but I'm skeptical of for a few reasons
    Visor, Dolby

Few reasons to scumreads
    Maple, Ampharos, Csargo

In this game
    Manasi

Member thankful for this post:

alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

hi, i have a few minutes before my shift

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I have neither the time nor the desire to invest the time necessary to get in-depth views of everyone today. I don't feel like my reads here are far off what I had in Visor's game, probably a lot less confidence here then there for experience reasons. I'm just trying to be casual tbh.

I have yet to fully delve into a few people CL, Eph, Sunbae, Monty, Maple. I thought CL and Sunbae were fine, they were good enough to not consider today anyways.

I did look over dya and I'm not sure why people want to yeet there. Is there something I'm missing here? I feel like dya's approach to the game is more townie than not imo. I feel like there's a lot of points where they could have easily acquiesced to requests, but just sort of did their own thing. Is that just something they'd do as either alignment? I don't feel like it's that bad honestly. I guess a lot of people have dya in their PoE, but I don't know if they're serious reads or just putting dya in a box for activity/effort/etc reasons.
    this take on dya is kinda bothering me. i don’t really get how this would be villagery for dya and i think it’s misrepresenting their play. dya hasn’t “done their own thing” in response to requests, they’ve just... done nothing. the former, yes, would be villagery maybe but the latter is NAI at best and csargo trying to stretch it into a v read is kinda nonsensical to me. i think a villager might think something like this in passing but wouldn’t really put stock into like csargo is doing. i almost wonder if he’s tmi’ing dya v here and just doesn’t really get why we’re all sussing them or if they’re w/w and he’s trying to take advantage of the thread sentiment shifting to “let’s give dya a day” to defend them a bit

i dunno, i would revisit this if either of them flips wolf

actually @dyachei what’s your read on csargo?

Vote: dyachei

i'll give you some time raskol

but you got an uphill battle d2

alright i’m out for real

gl friendos

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    actually @dyachei what’s your read on csargo?
    i liked one of their early posts. but i'm not super familiar with them so i'm probably gonna sheep someone here. I can try and read their posts but like...full schedule then my mom's birthday dinner

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

hi, i have a few minutes before my shift

this take on dya is kinda bothering me. i don’t really get how this would be villagery for dya and i think it’s misrepresenting their play. dya hasn’t “done their own thing” in response to requests, they’ve just... done nothing. the former, yes, would be villagery maybe but the latter is NAI at best and csargo trying to stretch it into a v read is kinda nonsensical to me. i think a villager might think something like this in passing but wouldn’t really put stock into like csargo is doing. i almost wonder if he’s tmi’ing dya v here and just doesn’t really get why we’re all sussing them or if they’re w/w and he’s trying to take advantage of the thread sentiment shifting to “let’s give dya a day” to defend them a bit

i dunno, i would revisit this if either of them flips wolf
    I feel like in a bigger picture sense it makes no sense at all if you're a woof. Long term it has no viability as a strategy, I feel like it's actively detrimental, if anything. If you tell me this is how dya always plays then sure I'd reconsider it. That's why I asked the question in the first place.

How strong of a read do you have on Monty currently?
    He's fine_TM. around 85% town if I had to put a number on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    @Manasi

henlo.
    Hi pal!

Sorry for the slankerino y'all been helping my parents pack for some travel but they're leaving tomorrow so I will maybe post more after that.

I tried to read posts and my eyes glazed over so we'll see what I can do with the 3 hours left in the day LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by dyachei View Post
    why gh? i really think his tone makes him way more likely to be a villager. especially compared to recent wolf games
    I'll give that his tone is a little better than rocks/team game

but if that's all it takes to give a green light when his pushes are still terrible

I start to wonder whether we're talking about GH or a toddler who just picked up ww

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    Hally, Ara

I am pretty sure they are villagers but they have some skepticism on them so I'll keep an eye on it
    pZelda, Colonel, GH

Visor, Dolby

Few reasons to scumreads
    Maple, Ampharos, Csargo

In this game
    Manasi
    Hi hello I am in this game.

I think for this EOD I'm gonna just sit in thread and do real-time stuff. Doesn't seem SUPER worth to try and read the last few pages if my attention span is this bad already lul

Someone tldr.

I choose Sunbae.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    He's fine_TM. around 85% town if I had to put a number on it.
    Can you walk me through it or point me to where you did? I find Monty hard to read in most cases, but you seem to have seen something in Princes(?) that makes you decently confident in reading him here.

Csargo why are you being voted pal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    Hally, Ara

pZelda, Colonel, GH

Visor, Dolby

Few reasons to scumreads
    Maple, Ampharos, Csargo

In this game
    Manasi
    can you walk me through that dya read?

Visor why are you voting for dya

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Csargo why are you being voted pal?
    Cause I'm bad at this game Manasi.

Cause I'm bad at this game Manasi.
    You see my postcount?

Same.

Csargo 

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    You see my postcount?

Same.
    Nice

I'll give that his tone is a little better than rocks/team game

but if that's all it takes to give a green light when his pushes are still terrible

I start to wonder whether we're talking about GH or a toddler who just picked up ww
    which push is terrible and why?

Can you walk me through it or point me to where you did? I find Monty hard to read in most cases, but you seem to have seen something in Princes(?) that makes you decently confident in reading him here.
    Right, so my experience with Monty has basically been the games on CFC, and let's take Star Trek and the Franklin ship cannibal game that I was hosting as examples of his town play.

In both games he had absolutely awful takes. I remember the Star Trek game better, but to outline, he pretty much voted with who maf wanted everyday. This did catch him some heat but people were able to find him as town because despite having the objectively worst vote record of a living player at that point he had a followable process and his method was alright. People did not find him in Franklin, but from what I remember of what I thought then, I thought his process was alright.

Compare that to Princes, where he was maf, I thought that he was maf instantly. This is kinda astounding because this was multiball and he could augment his fake reads with legitimate solving for the other team, but he was off instantly. Reads didn't seem to have a followable process until he somewhat adapted in the later game, was quite clearly pushing an agenda in his posts from D2, and everything he said was WHACK with capital letters. He also had a clear hard time getting into the thread state early game. I think that the way he's adapted "early game" this game has been alright and par for the course on how he normally does things, and I think a few of the points that I've seen from people are invalid and really shouldn't have been brought up normally (pzelda coming to mind of course)

Csargo 

Someone tell me what's been going on smh

i gotta say i think ghs push on ephemeral has been very weak stuff

and i think eph has pushed it aside fine

Dolby 

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

can you walk me through that dya read?
    After thinking about it I think the combo of her frustration towards me for "having an entirely different conversation", kinda just sponging GH, changing her opinion me for how I've handled her, responding to Ara's "who are you wrong about" question with Ara, and showing a general skepticism towards Colonel when I mentioned them as a town read all kinda fit in with the narrative of a town player just kinda commenting on things that come to mind as they are in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Sunbae, any thoughts on my Eph case?
    @Esooa talk about cuth? earlier you were voting him and seemed like you wolf read him but then you put him as null in your reads list. what changed?
    honestly don't remember why I voted him

but I don't have any real feelings regarding him rn

Page 33 of 137 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast