Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

When will the discription for all regions be added? can you give the minor settlement some building .It is much more historical that there is a major city and some minor city in one region

Lifelong Mare's Milk Fermenter Member Genghis Skhan's Avatar

Not sure about the region descriptions. We don't really have anyone working on them ATM.

I think minor settlements act like trade resources now, and give a bonus to provincial income.

Just BTW, if you ever want to pitch in and help finish a region description, feel free. Some of them are fan-made. They do take a lot of work/research though.
    Last edited by Genghis Skhan; 09-15-2016 at 12:17.

Yes,I am willing to help.I am fond of classical geography.Although I know a lot about ancient chinese geography and each strategic point but I am afraid I dont know much about that in ancient middle east and mediterranean .I read Pliny.But it tell little things as our chinese book did .It just list how many colonia and municipality and nothing more.

by the way,I think lugdunum should be deleted.it does not exist at 272BC.nomadic region should have more rebel .Because there is alway rivalry tribes to the nomadic faction.Meanwhile in settled region.There should be less but more powerful rebel.Not just few hundred but full stack of rebel will roam a region which coincide with uprising in history

The AI is still too weak.I played parthia.I just push one faction and then the other to destruction.Other faction did not attack me at my back.There must be something wrong in this game.Do you know a mod named stainless steel.The AI is ten time stronger than the EBII.It almost drive me mad when I play a weak faction.That is neigh impossible.But in EBII there is nothing impossible.I think the troop recuited remain in the original region should be free.Because you know.In ancient greece.One soldier get 1 drachma a day in war time .They get nothing at peace.Not to mention nomadic troop dont have salary at all.They only have a share in the trophy.I hope this would increase the strength of AI faction.There is less than 200 soldier in asaak,Do you really think it is historical?The seleucid is so weak that parthia is not challenging at all

Rebellions are kind of random, in game, overall. There's some editing possible regarding the strength of rebels spawned and the frequency, but it's not as flexible as you think/as we would like.

Stainless Steel is unquestionably a very well-known and fun mod, but the goal of EBII isn't to make a player's life hell like Stainless Steel and some of it's submods, AFAIK. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Regarding the AI not garrisoning it's cities properly, nothing we can do about that--the AI typically hates garrisoning cities. There's an upcoming garrison script for factional capitals soon in 2.2c, but otherwise, there isn't much we can do about it. Of course, we can't perfectly replicate history, we just try to do our best.

About the upkeep, it's not that simple, nor do I personally believe that troop payment should/would stop in peacetime. We can't represent everything perfectly, of course.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-the-EBII-Team

Here's the regional desc. thread. It's quite outdated, however. The middle-east and Mediterranean are fairly well represented already, but lots of areas in Europe/Eurasia need work. Gaul has quite a few places that need work, for eg.

For some sections, you'll need more than classic historical sources(eg. geography), just ftr. Strategy sections don't need sources, but in-game experience and knowledge of a province's function should be sufficient.
    Last edited by Genghis Skhan; 09-17-2016 at 17:56.

Member thankful for this post:

Then could you introduce another system 。If a city is besige,The army in the city will multiply automatically.Too few garrison made it quite boring and also unhistorical.The conscription is normal in ancient time.Though it is not a good soldier.But in desperation they can still cause quite great casualty to the enemy.this can effectively stop some faction like parthia easily storm large part of land.Also the player should disband them quick because it will have negative influence over the economy since so many citizen was enlisted.I think this is the only way to save some dinasaur like seleucid

My last test run on the dev build shows the AS being the grey death, as was true in very early EBII.

The garrison script(what you're suggesting) will only be there for factional capitals, that's 29 cities, with 2 for AS(a special case since they had multiple capitals AFAIK). Since the team isn't very fond of garrison scripts, myself included, their introduction will be greatly limited. This is because many of us believe that too many garrison scripts only makes the game "artificially" difficult. It doesn't make the AI smarter, it just makes them have a sudden numerical advantage/bonus. There aren't any plans, atm, for extending that script for more cities, sorry.

The garrison script is also only for the AI--the player does not gain any benefit from them personally. I am not a fan of garrison scripts, but for factional capitals, it could make sense and isn't so bad as long as it's greatly limited in it's implementation.
    Last edited by Genghis Skhan; 09-18-2016 at 16:19.

Then how to solve the problem of a passive AI.It even does not attack me until i take more then half of its territory.

About lugdunon, from one of our historians:
    The area was inhabited since the Neolithic and a continuous Keltic settlement is attested since the 4th century BC.
    Well, one thing z3n has said is that he was utterly disappointed with how the AI manages to defend itself--so in the next release, his CAI is actually set to defend as little as possible, and attack as much as possible. It's been a good balance, thus far, in testing. In my tests, the AI was quite aggressive, sending many stacks after me, and starting war with me at times.

I still think there is something wrong in this mod.I didnt notice AI hate to garison city in other mod.I think the training cost is too high.Principae is more than 1000 mina.That is too high.that is dozens of kgs of silver.Did your history advisor tell you how much 1500 mina worth in classical time?I can buy a city with it not just a cohort of principae.I am almost sure the problem is with the training cost.because I have never see a mod with a higher training cost than EBII.Please cut down the training cost to less than 100 mina.It is just training.Ok!

Quote Originally Posted by 血荐轩辕 View Post
    I still think there is something wrong in this mod.I didnt notice AI hate to garison city in other mod.I think the training cost is too high.Principae is more than 1000 mina.That is too high.that is dozens of kgs of silver.Did your history advisor tell you how much 1500 mina worth in classical time?I can buy a city with it not just a cohort of principae.I am almost sure the problem is with the training cost.because I have never see a mod with a higher training cost than EBII.Please cut down the training cost to less than 100 mina.It is just training.Ok!
    Well, I can easily say, that after having much discussion on the subject, the AI does not reliably garrison it's cities. It's a fact, you can't depend on the AI to do that sort of thing. You really can't depend on the AI for a lot of things, imo.

The unit costs aren't planned to be changed any time soon AFAIK. Personally, I don't think it's the training cost causing the problem at all here, and there's been no discussion regarding whether it's the culprit or not; you're the first to suggest that, AFAIK. All units costs are based upon an existing formula that takes stats into account. It's a pretty stringent system atm, and one that I, and many others, appreciate.

But the AI really sucks.What are you going to do about the AI.In my mind,even before destruction.seleucid can gather a force 1200000 strong to attack parthia.I dont even see 12 stacks of seleucid army before its annilation.It is both boring and and unhistorical!

I think you can make more reble settlement in the east of seleucid empire.in the game ,even the reble is stronger than the seleucid.It could give the seleucid a buffer zone.And in history,seleucid is center in syria.it had little control over iran.They are often ruled by petty kings or independent govenor.They are virtually independent before they are to decare that.This can halt the expansion of some faction like parthia.

I find its a toss up whether or not the Seleucids get devoured. The first couple campaigns I played they beasted everyone in the east, while other times I've seen them carved up between two or three other Asian factions. It probably comes down to the luck of the draw in the AI's early battles and whoever gets the momentum. Doesn't seem terribly imbalanced to me, as the same thing happens with the European and African factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphemous View Post
    I find its a toss up whether or not the Seleucids get devoured. The first couple campaigns I played they beasted everyone in the east, while other times I've seen them carved up between two or three other Asian factions. It probably comes down to the luck of the draw in the AI's early battles and whoever gets the momentum. Doesn't seem terribly imbalanced to me, as the same thing happens with the European and African factions.
    Thats been pretty much my experience. Sometimes the AS wanes, sometimes it rises. That's good--as every campaign should see different powers rising and falling.

Can experience bonus from the likes of gymnasium and similar buildings have an increase of +4 instead of +1?

I felt the effects of having only 2 bronze chevrons to be quite worthless when compared to how the ones from EB1 were.

I hope that you guy can make some use of the holy war system not just delete it.When a big nation has fewer than 3 cities,the ai will call for the priest for righteous war to defend the kingdom.in this case,they can summon troops with no expense like the troops in the holy war.some faction are just too weak.There is nothing fun in the game

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I hope that you guy can make some use of the holy war system not just delete it.When a big nation has fewer than 3 cities,the ai will call for the priest for righteous war to defend the kingdom.in this case,they can summon troops with no expense like the troops in the holy war.some faction are just too weak.There is nothing fun in the game
    There's nothing equivalent that is appropriate to model with that mechanic.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

I know the vioces aren't real Member Gigantus's Avatar

Holy war is an offensive mechanism\feature in M2TW, it isn't suitable for this.

in this case ,I think there is only one way to say this miserable AI.please lower all the training fee for all the troop.I can garanteed that nomad troop dont take any salary.The famous mongolian warrior ,they dont get any salary.they even need to pay tenth of their herds to their lord.It is this kind of miserable condition that make the nomadic tribe so ferocious.But they are also vulnerable because they had no armour.I dont think the noble cavalry take any salary.they had there fief,their serfs ,as we can see from mongolian.but all this people will get a large share of trophy.This can make do with a largest sum of corruptian as penalty.by the way ,can you guy told me the value of one mina in ancient time.I thought a mina is more than a sterling pound of silver.That is a fortune when the value of human life is very low.a hoplite earn 1 drachma is actually quite high.But they just cost 70 mina a year.that is the upkeep.I think the training cost vertually nothing,the state dont provide armour.just call them together learn discipline.Why will it be expensive?i think the training fee should range about from 10 mina to 100 mina. upkeep fee should be ranged from 0 to a few thousands because you should take logistics into account

in this case ,I think there is only one way to say this miserable AI.please lower all the training fee for all the troop.I can garanteed that nomad troop dont take any salary.The famous mongolian warrior ,they dont get any salary.they even need to pay tenth of their herds to their lord.It is this kind of miserable condition that make the nomadic tribe so ferocious.But they are also vulnerable because they had no armour.I dont think the noble cavalry take any salary.they had there fief,their serfs ,as we can see from mongolian.but all this people will get a large share of trophy.This can make do with a largest sum of corruptian as penalty.by the way ,can you guy told me the value of one mina in ancient time.I thought a mina is more than a sterling pound of silver.That is a fortune when the value of human life is very low.a hoplite earn 1 drachma is actually quite high.But they just cost 70 mina a year.that is the upkeep.I think the training cost vertually nothing,the state dont provide armour.just call them together learn discipline.Why will it be expensive?i think the training fee should range about from 10 mina to 100 mina. upkeep fee should be ranged from 0 to a few thousands because you should take logistics into account
    Short answer: no. All unit costs are based upon a consistent formula, applied to every unit. I'm not about to rewrite it, and recost every single unit, without good reason.

You're overlooking the mechanic that already exists for units who don't need paying: free upkeep. For which nomadic factions have a lot, and even more in winter (the traditional time of sending herds out to pasture).
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Those unit in the original region that they were recruited shall be free of upkeep. because there is vertually no standing army in that time.Those troops get high salary at war time and nothing at peace time.if the troop go into enemy region.The upkeep will rise and moral ran low.the longer the troop stay in enemy region the upkeep cost will be higher.

Those unit in the original region that they were recruited shall be free of upkeep. because there is vertually no standing army in that time.Those troops get high salary at war time and nothing at peace time.if the troop go into enemy region.The upkeep will rise and moral ran low.the longer the troop stay in enemy region the upkeep cost will be higher.
    None of those things are possible in the M2TW engine. You can't change cost or upkeep once the campaign has started, and you can only set one global figure for all places and all times.

Nor does the engine reflect morale as a result of being paid.

No ,I mean just lower the price for all unit.The price has been set too high,otherwise you can proof me wrong with the historical value of mina.I think this will help the AI a lot.since all those mod I had played with low training fee.The AI are very much ferocious

No ,I mean just lower the price for all unit.The price has been set too high,otherwise you can proof me wrong with the historical value of mina.I think this will help the AI a lot.since all those mod I had played with low training fee.The AI are very much ferocious
    Historical value when and where? Based on what exchange rate of gold to silver?

We have only one currency for the entire game, it's a concession to the way the engine was designed. The AI doesn't need "help" it gets both scripted financial assistance and big construction discounts.

then why did AI so mild?We want the AI in the EBI !Oh that AI is gorgeous.I have never find a better AI that EBI.When I push into mesopotamia.The ptolemais will ally with seleucid to push me back.I can play it all day long.I play EBII for an hour that I find it boring and dull

then why did AI so mild?We want the AI in the EBI !Oh that AI is gorgeous.I have never find a better AI that EBI.When I push into mesopotamia.The ptolemais will ally with seleucid to push me back.I can play it all day long.I play EBII for an hour that I find it boring and dull
    The AI in EB1 was dumb. It was just hyper-aggressive, total war all the time. That isn't gorgeous, it was tedious. Add to that the ridiculous money script whereby they basically had unlimited money and could spam elites turn after turn, and that make most of the game a chore.

EB1 is not the standard we're trying to emulate with EBII.

Members thankful for this post (2):

but,it is a game ,though historical ,not a book.the old power allied with their former enemy to fight a rising power is common in history,And it made it funny.I play parthia.Only me declare war on other.No one faction declare war on me.They dont stand a chance when I declare a war.Can you call.this historical?it is boring!I think a trait in EBI can be introduce.When a city turn into rebel,it can be rebel away to another faction.and their will be war between them.The AI should be learn to take their chance.They can stab player in the back,when their hand are tied up elsewhere

I suggest about Romans :

1) to evidence (event) the difference between Senatus et Principatus atque Dominatus, in 3 different ages and consequent civil wars and even the " title " change from " faction leader " to " princeps " to " imperator". It would be interesting to focus on the " religious" qualifications ...pontifex...divus....augustus....associated to the character (e.g. the heir in the Principatus should have the " principis iuventutis" )

2) to restore the Senatus missions until the changeling of the State form and to introduce the concept of "foederatus" to promote this old fashioned habit which was very recurring.

3) to introduce the possibility to be elected ( quaestor, praetor...) even if the candidate is far away from Rome. Provided that he is winning battles against enemies or he accomplished a mission.

4) to introduce simple Roman Archers at the beginning ; then Roman Archers Auxilia and Roman Lancers Auxilia even in Rome and in some Provinciae. To reform Romans' equites, they remain the same even after marian reform, and even the Roman General Bodyguard, it remain the same.

5) for whole game : to introduce the possibility to train soldiers even if my army is far away from the region in which they usually got trained. I mean, if I am playing with Romans, and I am doing a campaign Vs Armenians, how I could finish it ? In 3-4 battles I will loose 40%-50% of my soldiers, so I should get back to Italy to re-train them and then move again in Armenia or...I should fill my army with mercenaries. It is very uncomfortable, I think.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast