Thread: Evony

Default Evony

In case someone hadn't noticed after their huge advertising campaign, there's a free new mmp strategy game out there called Evony that some folks here might like to take a look at.

I played it for a week and think it sucks, but I have pretty high standards. They are supposed to be working on a new game called Evony2 that will have much better gameplay. I might go and have a look when they've got that up and running but at present I just find there isn't much to do in it but raid other cities and accumulate prestige points.

Default Re: Evony

That's the one which used to be called civony complete a logo which imitated Civilisation's, and which has a bunch of ripped assets from other games. It has a bunch of Age of Empires II's sprites in it, for a start. Quite a notorious game.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Crap Froggy, is there a game you do not know about? :P You must have to fight all those desperate teenage boy gamers away with baseball bat!
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Vuk Again View Post
    Crap Froggy, is there a game you do not know about? :P You must have to fight all those desperate teenage boy gamers away with baseball bat!
    Perhaps I am Shodan's less homocidal cousin? I got the humour and looks, she got the cool voice and space station.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

lol, no need for the wiki page, trust me. I have played SS2 at least 7 times. I have never played part 1 though unfortunately, as I have never been able to find it. And just what do you mean that SHODAN doesn't have the looks?! :P
    What's the matter Froggy darling, do you not like her new look? *insert shrieking laughter here*

(if you don't get it, then replace Froggy with Tommy )
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

It's all about the choice of avatar. Psychopathic cyber chick is nothing compared to cute little frog.

The link's for those who didn't play System Shock. All 11 billion of them. No wonder Looking Glass went bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    It's all about the choice of avatar. Psychopathic cyber chick is nothing compared to cute little frog.

The link's for those who didn't play System Shock. All 11 billion of them. No wonder Looking Glass went bankrupt.
    lol, this is the link you should of given those unenlightened fools.

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    That's the one which used to be called civony complete a logo which imitated Civilisation's, and which has a bunch of ripped assets from other games. It has a bunch of Age of Empires II's sprites in it, for a start. Quite a notorious game.
    Yeah, I heard it was hosted in China. They have updated their graphics but they still suck.

After advertising all over the net and taking people's money for a week, they suddenly announced that the game we had been playing was only a beta and thanked us all for participating. Then they renamed the game "Evony" and posted a stack of job ads for game developers of every stripe - including graphics designers, LOL. I guess after a week they had enough money to hire a few people.

People have complained about the pricing of the game, it truly is ridiculous, IIRC a 15-minute speedup on a building will set you back 50c for example. Unfortunately it seems many people paid lots of money before realizing how little they were getting, some people spent hundreds of dollars on upgrades in the first few days.

I really just posted on it because I've never played an online game before so it was a new experience for me. If anyone knows of some good free (or very cheap) online games, please let me know.
    Last edited by screwtype; 05-18-2009 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by screwtype View Post
    Yeah, I heard it was hosted in China. They have updated their graphics but they still suck.

After advertising all over the net and taking people's money for a week, they suddenly announced that the game we had been playing was only a beta and thanked us all for participating. Then they renamed the game "Evony" and posted a stack of job ads for game developers of every stripe - including graphics designers, LOL. I guess after a week they had enough money to hire a few people.

People have complained about the pricing of the game, it truly is ridiculous, IIRC a 15-minute speedup on a building will set you back 50c for example. Unfortunately it seems many people paid lots of money before realizing how little they were getting, some people spent hundreds of dollars on upgrades in the first few days.

I really just posted on it because I've never played an online game before so it was a new experience for me. If anyone knows of some good free (or very cheap) online games, please let me know.
    Tribal wars. It is the best online game ever, no contest.

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at it :)
    Last edited by screwtype; 05-20-2009 at 11:34.

I started a tribal wars game. Resource accumulation sure is slow!

Tribal Wars isn't a game, it's a freakin' lifestyle!

Yup. :) It took me two years to finally break away and quit. I finally just emptied my troops and let my tribe take em from me. (I am a happier man for it, but I still get cravings. )

Lately, I've been setting my alarm clock to the middle of the night, just so I can get up to send off that next attack. I think I'm gonna have to quit just to go back to getting a good night's sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by screwtype View Post
    Lately, I've been setting my alarm clock to the middle of the night, just so I can get up to send off that next attack. I think I'm gonna have to quit just to go back to getting a good night's sleep!
    lol, it is like a drug. I would be on that thing all day when I was in school, reading a few minutes, then refreshing to look for an attack. I used to have a friend in a different time zone account sit for me at night, and I account sat for him during the day. As life ruining as it is, it is a drrned fantastic game.