Thread: Texas

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Texas

There hasn't been a good one of these in a while and I fear the new guys won't know how much respect they need to give

Remember kids, Texas is bigger than France
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: Texas

Remember kids Texas is 40% the size of the State of Western Australia.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Texas certainly has personality to match its size. Certainly not a wallflower state.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

That reminds me, I need to ask my sister if she went to the state capitol building to watch the filibuster.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Off topic - but not worthy of it's own thread. What's Atlanta like? I have to go there for work in a few week's time. Any orgahs living there?
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    Remember kids Texas is 40% the size of the State of Western Australia.
    Fail. Everyone knows that things should be measured relative to one of the following: Double decker buses, football pitches, Wales.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    Fail. Everyone knows that things should be measured relative to one of the following: Double decker buses, football pitches, Wales.
    Indeed. Damn colonials.

There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Off topic - but not worthy of it's own thread. What's Atlanta like? I have to go there for work in a few week's time. Any orgahs living there?
    There is plenty to do in Atlanta, but stay out of the inner city as your political leanings will do you no good there.

And if you really want to make a splash with the necks, wear a shirt that says SHERMAN HAD THE RIGHT IDEA
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Members thankful for this post (2):

Since I'm half Welsh, have a Welsh first name, and live in New South Wales you are of course correct.

Tasmania is the size of three Wales.
    Victoria is the size of eleven Wales
    Texas is the size of thirty five Wales.
    New South Wales is the size of forty Wales.
    South Australia is the size of forty nine Wales.
    Queensland is about the size of eighty five Wales
    Western Austrialia is the size of 135 Wales.

Oops Texas is only 1/4 the size of WA. And would be a small Australia state.

Australian Antarctic Territory is the size of 300 Wales. Or about eight or nine Texas.
    Last edited by Papewaio; 06-30-2013 at 13:02. Reason: iPad fail plus my bad eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    There is plenty to do in Atlanta, but stay out of the inner city as your political leanings will do you no good there.

And if you really want to make a splash with the necks, wear a shirt that says SHERMAN HAD THE RIGHT IDEA
    Will I get beaten up for suggesting that all humans are equal and that American foreign policy is essentially driven by corporate interests?

Since I'm half Welsh, have a Welsh first name, and live in New South Wales you are of course correct.

Western Austria is the size of 135 Wales.

Australian Antarctic Territory is the size of 300 Wales. Or about eight or nine Texas.
    That's all well and good but to an Englishman, how many double decker buses is that?
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Will I get beaten up for suggesting that all humans are equal and that American foreign policy is essentially driven by corporate interests?
    Say that during a mugging and they will shoot you while making fun of your accent and telling you to "speak English"

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    Say that during a mugging and they will shoot you while making fun of your accent and telling you to "speak English"
    It's really as unpleasant a place as that?

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

I think if you said that during a mugging in the UK, you wouldn't fare too well either. If it's Scotland, you would probably get told to "speak English" as well.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

It's really as unpleasant a place as that?
    No, Atlanta is quite nice, it just has some really terrible parts of town, which I doubt you would have any reason to visit unless your employer manufactures crack or mobile homes

Member thankful for this post:

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

but does it have highways that you can see from the moon?

We do not sow.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Western Austria would surely be the size of half a Wales.
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

They might actually agree depending on whom they consider as humans. And they might agree with whatever the party they support goes for, including corporate interests.

Of course, we're all just trying to scare you.....
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 07-01-2013 at 03:45.
    Wooooo!!!

What part of the ATL are you going to be in? I used to live there, but it's been a while.

And just a warning, "tea" means something completely different than what you will be expecting!
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

No it doesn't, Idaho. Make sure you ask for tea and fags everywhere you go. And ask where the Sherman monument is located.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

no comment..

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I'll just leave my personal favorite Texas song here. Best bass work in a country song, um, evar. (Check out the killer bit at the 3:30 mark.)

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    What part of the ATL are you going to be in? I used to live there, but it's been a while.

And just a warning, "tea" means something completely different than what you will be expecting!
    I would trust you lot to make a decent cup of tea. You'd probably put sugar or lemon or ice in it or some such.

It's in Alpharetta - which seems to be some posh suburb/satellite of Atlanta. Was trying to make sense of the train time table to see if I can stay in the city and commute - but public transportation is apparently so alien that comprehensible maps and timetables are out of the question. Had a look around using street view and it all seems either grim or dull. Nothing resembling somewhere one would like to stroll around. I guess it's true that you all just go everywhere by car?

Alpharetta is pretty far out, even if public transportation was something southerners approved of, you wouldn't find it out there. If you want to go downtown from Alpharetta, you are probably going to have to drive, at least to Dunwoody where you can catch MARTA. If you plan on staying in the city, I think you are stuck driving up to Alpharetta the whole way, but at least you will be going against most traffic.

I imagine it's going to be hot (~35C), so dress appropriately (think American tourist ).