Thread: x y

Default x y

does anyone have a coordinates map for eb or rtw? i tried to do the move_character cheat nd i was sucessful with pyrrhos but i dont know where he went. also im playing a saba campaign nd i cant get the Halik ll Watar guys name correct. im just wondering is that 2 lls or captial iis?help thanks

Default Re: x y

move your cursor where you want to beam your character at.

type in the cheat: show_cursorstat

there you go
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Actually it's Halik Il Watar.

But the concept of using capital letters seems to be way over your head.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waydog98 View Post
    does anyone have a coordinates map for eb or rtw? i tried to do the move_character cheat nd i was sucessful with pyrrhos but i dont know where he went. also im playing a saba campaign nd i cant get the Halik ll Watar guys name correct. im just wondering is that 2 lls or captial iis?help thanks
    As SwissBarBar said, you first use the console command "show_cursorstat", which will give you the exact coordinates of the tile which your arrow marker pointed at the time you input the command.

What you probably did in the case of moving Pyrrhos, was to input: move_character "Pyrrhos Aiakides"
    This would have landed him on the tile (0,0), which is the very first tile, namely the south-western most part of the map (in Tarhazza, if I'm not mistaken).

Maion
    ~Maion

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    This would have landed him on the tile (0,0), which is the very first tile, namely the south-western most part of the map (in Tarhazza, if I'm not mistaken).
    Ouch. Well, at least it's always just as possible to cheat characters back out of such situations (and I'm not certain, but I think Terhazza might just have a tilespace from the edge on each side. Haven't looked in a while)
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman

how would i no wat tile i want to transport him to

If you don't know to what port you are sailing, no wind is favourable. If you don't know where you want to teleport someone, why teleport in the first place?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

You know where you want your character to go. Just point the cursor over that point (each area a character can stand on is called a tile- in case that confused you), then without moving the mouse open the console and type show_cursorstatas SwissBarbar said. This will then give you the co-ordinates.

Energise.

thats what im trying to find out i no how to do the cursor_stat but i dont no the tile number for the province i want to transport to

Just point your cursor/pointer at the place in question and do the cursor_stat thing. It will tell you the co-ordinates of wherever you are pointing.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Something that haven't been said is that you shouldn't move someone from a city with move_character cheat. It would just make him disappear.

cursor_stat
    It may be worth reminding folks that it's not actually "cursor_stat", but

show_cursorstat

...that's all you need to type in the console, and just remember to have the mouse pointer over the tile you want to be the teleport destination when you hit enter. You might also find it helpful to memorise the teleporting character's name, or at least not close the console when you scroll to find the bugger to input the move_character command, as closing the console will remove the report containing the tile co-ords (and you can't scroll through the command history to find it, strangely enough, because it wasn't itself a command).

Thanks for explaining the peril of 'porting city-slickers, Ibn-Khaldun. I'd read that teleporting to/from settlements could cause problems, so naturally felt curious to try. Glad I didn't :|

Cheers, bovi, for the giggle.
    "The pathfinding around town squares is twenty different kinds of horrible."Watchman