Thread: New Org Staff Structure

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default New Org Staff Structure

As a result of TosaInu's passing, changes were required in the staff structure to ensure that the Org could continue. This chart shows the new organization, with the new distribution of responsibilities:

There are several advantages to this new system, some of which you may have already noticed on the website and forums. By splitting off Content Managers from Moderators, and Tech Administrators from the Forum Administrator, the staff members in all groups are better able to focus on their specific duties, without being overloaded. The Moderators will be able to continue to focus on maintaining the forums to the same high-level of quality that the Org has long been known for, while the Content Managers will be able to devote all their attention to generating the kind of interesting and unique content and events that promote development and growth of the Org and the entire Total War community. The Content Managers will also provide direct assistance to any and all members who wish to generate content of their own, making the Org's numerous tools and resources easily available for use by the entire community. At the same time, the Tech Administrators will focus exclusively on maintaining and improving the Org's servers, website, and forums, so that the staff and the community can accomplish anything they wish to do with a minimum of difficulty. With this duty no longer the sole responsibility of the Forum Administrator, that role is freed to spend more time on management and supervision of the entire Org community.

We believe this structure will help the Org grow and develop, and we look forward to many more great years of fun and friendship with all of you. Thank you for making the Org such a great place to spend time; we will do our best to ensure that this place remains not just a great forum, but a great home on the internet. The superb Org community deserves no less.
    Last edited by TinCow; 05-04-2011 at 19:10.

Default Re: New Org Staff Structure

Hello.

This good.

This structure seems very well thought out. I especially like the idea of content managers. Content drives new and continued membership, as well as the quality of that membership, and it is a great idea to have people specifically designated to both foster and aid in its creation. I've already noticed some positive initiatives including the screenshot contest and the Steam community page. Keep up the good work!

Much appreciation from this member to those who have stepped up to fill the void.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Could we get the names of all the Content Managers and Tech Admins somewhere? Perhaps in the FAQ?

Quote Originally Posted by LocalGod View Post
    Could we get the names of all the Content Managers and Tech Admins somewhere? Perhaps in the FAQ?
    An updated FAQ is already on the To Do list, though we've got a lot of stuff on there so I'm not entirely sure when it will get done. At the moment, these are the people in the new positions:

Content Mangers:
    Monk
    Andres
    Tamur
    Quirl

Tech Admins:
    therother
    Sigurd
    TinCow

More people may be added to these positions in the future, though, particular as Content Managers, so that is by no means a final list.
    Last edited by TinCow; 04-17-2011 at 21:35.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very well done, even now the flurry of activity as a result of this restructuring is obviously beneficial.

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Thumbs up.
    Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Two thumbs up. I'm liking this very much.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hello.

I question:

Senionr Members fit in where?

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saregona View Post
    Hello.

I question:

Senionr Members fit in where?
    Senior members are not part of the staff, its an honorific title given to members of the org who have contributed in an outstanding way to the community at large. Around once a year staff gets together and decides who, over the last year, has done things worthy of being honored in that way.

Aside from a larger PM box, a fancy title and a heartfelt thanks from the staff, SM don't really get 'much'. It's just a way of saying thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Aside from a larger PM box, a fancy title and a heartfelt thanks from the staff, SM don't really get 'much'.
    If you don't consider a gold-plated Ferrari and a dozen bikini-clad supermodel assistants to be 'much', then I sincerely salute you.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Very good idea imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Very good idea imo
    Hello.

Glorious.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Guess who just got more committed to the guild?
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

All I got when I became a senior member was an urge to tell new members to 'git off my lawn'.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Lightbulb Content Managers

One thing that I have noticed with the position of Content Manager is that they do not seem to have a purpose. What I mean is that they wander around like headless chickens, so to speak, creating content wherever they may please. The problem with this is that the forum content created by content managers is unequally distributed, so that it is most concentrated in areas frequented by Content Managers while areas that are only infrequently visited experience little to no benefits from the new staff structure. For instance, the Tavern and the TW:S2 forums have a disproportionate amount of Content Managerial material compared the the rest of the somewhat barren forum. To amend this, I would propose that a system similar to Moderators be adopted for Content Managers. Each Content Manager would be assigned to Manage a section of the forum, with the responsibility to create new content in that area that would make it more vibrant and increase interest and activity there. There would be a Content Manager for the Gameroom, the Frontroom, the Backroom, the Mead Hall, TW:S2, the Watchtower, and so on until the entire forum is in some way affected by the extra content created by the Content Managers.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Default Re: Content Managers

Quote Originally Posted by Populus Romanus View Post
    There would be a Content Manager for the Gameroom, the Frontroom, the Backroom, the Mead Hall, TW:S2, the Watchtower, and so on until the entire forum is in some way affected by the extra content created by the Content Managers.
    I don't see any real need for CMs in every area of the Org though; the Frontroom/Backroom/Arena, for example, are all doing just fine on the basis of member discussion that they don't require any additional input, nor do I think somewhere like the Watchtower requires that level of attention either.

The Gameroom is a different kettle of fish, since mafia's going through a bit of a lull in terms of sign-ups/games and Pizza does such a good job hosting and luring people to the Org that he just had to become a CM; the Gameroom is reaping the benefits of his appointment already. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Content Managers

I appreciate the compliment, and I'll be redoubling my efforts in that regard as soon as my "Never-Ending-Story"-like game is finally finished.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger