Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Omertà: A small Mafia [Concluded]

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Omertà: A small Mafia [Concluded]

Prologue:

For Joseph D'Orazio, the time was finally about to come. After years of faithful service to his Don, Anthony Giampetro, he was about to be rewarded. Money, women, respect... in a few short minutes, these would all be his. He was about to become a Made man, a formally inducted member of the Catalano crime family.

Don Giampetro's inner circle was gathered in the parlor of one of their members' - Sal the Barber's - homes. This location was as inconspicuous as they could have hoped for. Sal never appeared in any trouble with the law, and his home was thus a low risk of a police bust. Ordinarily this induction ceremony would be performed in the Don's home, but alas, those days were far gone. The Cosa Nostra, long accustomed to the necessity of evolution for survival, had let this particular tradition fall to the wayside out of security reasons. The law enforcement agencies would give half their budgets in order to get an induction ceremony like this one on tape. No Don wanted to be in charge of the outfit responsible for making this practice known to the general world.

After much drinking and casual conversation, matters quickly became serious in Sal the Barber's parlor. Sal, getting a nod from the Don, told his wife to go take a drive and dimmed the parlor lights. Everybody took a seat at the large table, Don Giampetro on one end, Joseph D'Orazio at the other. All talk stopped.

"Joseph," the Don said, his soft voice carrying unnaturally in the silence. "Do you know why you are here?"

"No," Joseph lied. Induction ceremonies were supposed to be secret to the person being inducted, but word always leaked out.

"Take a look around the room," the Don said. "Do you know everybody in this parlor?"

"Yes."

"Are you on good terms with everybody in this room?"

"Yeah, we're all buddies here. All these guys are my pals," Joseph said, starting to sweat. He knew what was coming next. The other people in the room grinned and started nodding to each other.

"The reason why you're here, Joseph," Don Giampetro said, "is because we would like you to join this thing of ours. Everybody in this room has agreed that you've been a good friend over the years, and we would simply like to formalize this relationship. If you don't wish to join, that's fine; you can leave now and nothing will change, we'll have the same respect and friendship with you we've had before now. There won't be any hard feelings. Would you like to think about it?"

"No," said Joseph. "I want to join. I want to be a part of this thing we've got going on."

"Excellent," said the Don, although his face remained like stone. "I was hoping you'd agree. I, as well as the other people in this room, have been watching you over the years. You do good work, D'Orazio. We hope to continue this good relationship with you over the years." Joseph nodded. "However, there is still one matter to attain to. Hold out your right arm, trigger finger to me."

Joseph did as he was told. Grasping the arm, Don Giampetro took out a pin and a card - a picture of St. Francis of Assisi. Holding the pin, he pricked D'Orazio's finger so that a small trickle of blood came out. Everybody watched in silence as the blood slowly made its way down to St. Francis.

"Match," the Don said. He quickly received one. "Hold out your hand," he told D'Orazio. Joseph did so and the Don put the blooded card on the hand. "Repeat after me," he said, lighting the match and touching the card with it."

"May I burn like this Saint in Hell if I betray anyone in this room."

"May I burn like this Saint in Hell if I betray anyone in this room," Joseph said, as St. Francis smouldered. He was, now and forever, a full member of the Catalano family.

Game basics:

Welcome to Omertà, a small Mafia game, named after the infamous code of silence as outlined in the story above. Much of this game is based off of George Anastasia's book Blood and Honor, which I highly recommend and I hope to turn into a Large game one day far down the road. However, the names have been changed to protect the innoc... well, let's just say the names have been changed.

The main twist of this game is that the mafiosi are the good guys, while the one man in their outfit cooperating with the Feds is the villain, as he has broken the code of Omertà.

Rules:

Standard rules apply. No screenshots, no quoting PMs when dead, etc. "Abstain" and "No lynch" are both acceptable options, although it is entirely within my discretion as host to change the rules and what kind of votes I accept at any time.

Roles:

Each player will receive a PM with an individual character name as well as abilities, some of which are unique, some of which are not. Some players may have no abilities aside from the standard townie ones. I may eventually rework this post to provide more information about roles here. For now, Don Anthony Giampetro is the only role that is guaranteed to be on the mafia's (town's) side. The Don's powers include partial immunity.

Finally:

Have fun!

Signed up: (15/15)
    Shinseikhaan
    A Very Super Market
    Greyblades
    Beefy187
    Northnovas
    navarro951
    Tratorix
    Captain Blackadder
    pevergreen
    FactionHeir
    Askthepizzaguy
    atheotes
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    White_eyes:D
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 05-07-2009 at 18:52.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Omertà: A small Mafia

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

In?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Blog Entries

In.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

in

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Very interesting and a small group. In!

count my in GH!
    ~WotB~
    Strategos Epilektos Panaitolos Ankyrikos Commander of 1sy Lydian Army

~BtSH~

Consul/Dux Cornelius Blasio

In.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

In thank you

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I shall pledge my time, if you shall have me.
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

In.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

In. When do you plan to start?

In!
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    In. When do you plan to start?
    A day or two.

A couple more, guys!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

In.....anyone who breaks the code must be whacked

In.

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Nuts...I keep missing them...in if you can take me

Blog Entries

Sorry YLC, this game was designed for 15. I'll put you down as Replacement #1.

To the rest of you, PMs are going out in a couple of hours.

Awesome, can't wait!

:D

When I first read "Omerta" I thought immediately of This

lol
    Last edited by Splitpersonality; 05-07-2009 at 19:16.
    Thank you for the smile, I like your image a lot. Hopefully you don't feel too much like a number here.

Rest in peace TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Sorry YLC, this game was designed for 15. I'll put you down as Replacement #1.

To the rest of you, PMs are going out in a couple of hours.
    yay! Looking forward to it... this is my second game and i hope i dont get as confused/lost as i have in Swords in the Moon....

I hope I don't die night one like Swords in the Moon

Rest in peace TosaInu

Blog Entries

While I get the PMs rolling, here's the hierarchical structure of mafia families that I will be adhering to. There are two Stoolies that the "town" needs to root out. Any role aside from the Don role is eligible to be a Stoolie.

Blog Entries

All PMs have been sent out. As an FYI, the Stoolies have been given cover roles. Night 1 will end in 24-ish hours - all PMs are due by then.

Active: (15)
    Shinseikhaan
    A Very Super Market
    Greyblades
    Beefy187
    Northnovas
    navarro951
    Tratorix
    Captain Blackadder
    pevergreen
    FactionHeir
    Askthepizzaguy
    atheotes
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    White_eyes:D
    Sasaki Kojiro

Good luck and may the best mafioso win!

Blog Entries

And since my mind is apparently elsewhere, I forgot to mention that A Very Super Market is Don Giampetro.

Blog Entries

Vote: no lynch
    First day lynches usualy go wrong.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Blog Entries

It's night.

Blog Entries

Oh... awkward.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-08-2009 at 01:46.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Vote: no lynch
    First day lynches usualy go wrong.
    Well recently there seems to have being a spat of them going rather well.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Only a dirty mafia member would want to not lynch other dirty mafia members.

Oh wait <_<

Rest in peace TosaInu

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast