Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Default Re: Extended Greek Mod

Thanks again for the bug spotting Poulp'. The re-emergent errors might cause significant problems.

If you have strategy guides you can post them here.

this mod is very well done. keep up the good work!

XGM version 5.5.13 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

-Added Heavy Spearmen to Gauls, and Germans
    -Added AOR Galatian Heavy Spearmen
    -Split Barbarian AORs into Celtic, Germanic, and Galatian
    -Reduced income for Scythia and Parthia
    -Improved autocalc performance for horse archers
    -Revised starting temples
    -Added Buddhist temples
    -Added 4th level temples for Barbarian factions
    -Added 5th level temples for all Eastern factions
    -All temple types now have five levels
    -Minor bug fixes

This should work with saved games back to version 5.5.0.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

DBH:

Have noticed two issues with XGM (generation 5):

1. Some units (usually cavalry) get stuck in "celebrating" mode and are hard to (impossible to) regain tactical control over.

2. After combats in which I have defeated the attacking army and wiped out the garrison that came in as reinforcements, the game will CTD. This occurs perhaps 1 time in every 10 such situations. Once it occurs, I have to re-run the battle until I make a choice that the computer will accept (usually by allowing a unit to live and return to the city and prevent its conquest) so that it will allow the game to continue.
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 11-21-2007 at 17:56.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

XGM version 5.5.14 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

-Added Slinger Warband to Gauls and Germans
    -Added Chosen Slingers to Gauls
    -Removed Forester Warband
    -Re-skinned German Chosen Archers and converted to Bow/Axe
    -Added Berserkers to Gauls
    -Revised morale for Iberian units
    -Revised AI for Carthage
    -Revised AI for Rome

Seamus Fermanagh: The CTD is a known bug - it appears to be a side effect of activating loyalty. I have had reports that you can prevent it by sending a spy into the city.

I haven't seen the cavalry one though. What unit size do you use, and which faction were you playing?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Seamus Fermanagh: The CTD is a known bug - it appears to be a side effect of activating loyalty. I have had reports that you can prevent it by sending a spy into the city.

I haven't seen the cavalry one though. What unit size do you use, and which faction were you playing?
    Now that you mention it, I don't think it has occurred when a spy is present. Wonder why?

Cavalry units are all about 50 blokes, with General Cav around 20-25 for a regular family member. This has occurred for me when playing as Roman, Ptolly, Mac, and Saba.

My Roman game was a Gen4 XGM, and I would lose control of the unit for the rest of the battle as they celebrated for the rest of it unless hammered by an enemy unit. Happened more to family than to regular cavalry as well.

Gen5 XGM I haven't had one lock out forever, like Gen 4, but I have had to give them weird commands like form wedge or walk or some such. They'll often ignore such commands, but usually accept one after 3-7 tries. The bug also seems less frequent in this version.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

XGM version 5.5.16 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

-Added new faction selection maps by Warmaster
    -Added some new unit cards by Dsturbed
    -Added install option to use Alexander exe
    -Tweaked AI campign starts for several factions

Notes: (1) The Alexander option doesn't make use of any of the new features in Alexander, so the only benefits are possibly improved AI and no unit scattering bug. You will lose some BI features, most notably hording factions, and shieldwall. (2) Saved games appear to work OK with the Alexander exe. To get the in-game maps to show up correctly go to [Rome]\xgm\data\world\maps\campaigns\, make a copy of the Alexander folder and re-name it to barbarian_invasion.

XGM uses a seperate desktop icon to RTW Vanilla so therefore can you still play RTW? Dp ypu have that option or can you only play XGM? Obviously one at once...

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

XGM uses the "mod:xgm" command in its desktop icon
    you can still play vanilla by using your standard RTW icon

Dont know if Im posting this in the right place but. First I would like to thank you for this mod I have been playing it since 1.2 and still loving it no new game has caught my attention. Second is there anyway to turn off the night battles? I play with huge units and maxed out on most fo the visuals on my machine but for some reasons even with going to minimal graphics for night battles my comp drags on the larger fights. All those torches are just to much I guess. My computer skills end at copy and paste so any help would be great thanks.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Jeez, you guys have been busy. That cavalry bug might get in the way of my fun strategy of bribing an enemy general (preferably in greece), hiring mercs (cav, hops, and archers), and fighting untill they get to a settlement, which they will conquer. Anyways, once I get a good computer, Ill have to get it.

My question is: Does it only work with BI, or will it work with the standard version of rtw?
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

barbadicus: You could try removing the night battles enabled line from descr_strat.txt. That will nly affect new campaigns though.

Motep: XGM will work with the original RTW exe, the BI exe, or the Alexander exe.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Motep: XGM will work with the original RTW exe, the BI exe, or the Alexander exe.
    Good. Thanks for the info!
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Hey everyone how's it going, new to this forum...

I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the code in the game so that you can make the spartan hoplites and the special spartans troops (the one that takes 30 rounds) in all your greek colonies. Thanks for the help, great mod!!!

tempest: Open [rome]/xgm/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, look for the spartan recruit lines, and remove the bits that say "and hidden_resource sparta".

XGM version 5.5.19 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The changes since 5.5.16 are mostly minor bug fixes, but if you are using the Alexander exe I strongly recommend upgrading to this version.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 01-07-2008 at 23:06.

XGM version 5.5.19 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The changes since 5.5.16 are mostly minor bug fixes, but if you are using the Alexander exe I strongly recommend upgrading to this version.
    hey dbh, thanks for all this great stuff... I was wondering if you could tell me how to get rid of plagues, i'm getting completely boned by it lol, 8 of my cities have it, d'oh. ty bud

You need to keep all of the units and agents in infected cities where they are until the plague goes away. If you have moved any units or agents out of infected cities then you need to keep them out of other cities, and don't combine them with other stacks. Eventually they will get better (or die).

The biggest problem is if you have enemy spies moving around between your cities. Then you need to recruit spies to flush them out, and assassins to kill them.

Hope that helps. :)

XGM version 5.6.2 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

-Converted Carthage Rebels to Eastern Kingdoms
    -Revised AI starting conditions

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Just downloaded and installed XGM 5_6_2 today,and I love it! Only problem is,I can't save any minor personal changes like turning off plagues and setting warships to 1-turn recruiting. It just tells me to "check file name and path",and I've done everything I can think of to unlock it.

Edit: never mind,I figured out the preblem.

But irregardless,awesome mod. It definitely renewed my still-high enthusiasm for RTW.
    Last edited by Spartan198; 02-27-2008 at 22:21.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

After installing this yesterday, it took me straight to rar and I couldn't do anything with it. I tried extracting it and it didn't work. Can somebody please tell me how to install this correctly?

And yes, I have all the requirements and have made a copy of RTW.

Help, anyone? <:(

If I could help you,I would,but apparently there hasn't been any activity here since January.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

hey dime, i have been a big fan of this mod since it came out. i play it more the vanilla rtw. infact i don't play vanilla at all. just this. but i have been trying to delete the thorakitai and thereophori or however you spell it. but i can't seem to get rid of them. i delete all the texts in the files and i get a ctd. can't remeber what it said but it was just stupid. personaly i think there are too many skirmishers and light infantry added to this mod which means when fighting a greek nation you never see a phalanx because light infantry and skirmishers are cheap. there for you never see phalangites. when campaining against greeks if feels like i'm fighting the gauls on a town level. no challenge at all. especially with the seleucids. i never see a phalanx with them. just thereopoopii and thrakadakacrappii and sarabarabbababba. not only that but parthia, pontus, bactria, armenia, and scythia are always over-run by turn 10 by the endless seleucid crap stacks. it might as well be called the invincible seleucid mod. unless you mod it yourself to keep it balanced. i don't mean to knock your mod. like i said i've been playing it for years now. i just need to know how to get rid of the thereopoopii and thrakadakacrappii
    so i can move levy phalangites in their place. i miss the phalanx sooo much

filthy_peasant: Thureophoroi can be pretty anoying.

The easiest way to do what you want would be to edit [Rome]\xgm\data\export_descr_units.txt. Search for "greek heavy peltast" and then change the stat_cost line. The first number on the line is the cost to recruit - if you increase that it will discourage the AI from recruiting that unit. If you double the number I doubt if you will see many recruited.Removing the unit entirely is a lot more complicated.

BTW, you might want to check the download page for a more recent version. The Seleucids tend to recruit more heavy infantry now.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; 04-01-2008 at 06:26.

DBH! Imagine running into you here

XGM version 5.6.7 is now available for download.

You can get it here.

The major changes are:

XGM Version 5.6.7

-Added new model and skin for Greek Hoplites
    -Added Spartan Perioici Hoplites (Sparta, pre-Marious only)
    -Spartan Perioici Phalangites replace Spartan Phalangites (Sparta, post-Marius only)

XGM Version 5.6.6

-Added "Peace With The Dead" script.

XGM Version 5.6.5

-Added Kestros Slingers, to Macedon
    -Added Kestros Slingers, to Macedon
    -Added new model and skins for Illyrian Peltasts
    -Added new model and skins for Thorakitai
    -Added new model and skins for Thureophoroi
    -Added new skins for Doryphoroi
    -Bug Fixes

XGM Version 5.6.4

-Revised stats for all chariot units
    -Chariot units moved to barracks buildings
    -Egyptian Scythed Chariots removed
    -Bug Fixes

XGM Version 5.6.3

-Added AOR Neuragic Skirmishers (Corsica and Sardinia)
    -Added AOR Neuragic Warriors (Corsica and Sardinia)
    -Added new model and skins for Gastraphetes
    -Gastraphetes now recruitable by most Greek factions in Syracuse
    -Bug Fixes

cherryfunk: I still keep an eye on the modding threads here. It's amazing how much people are still finding out about mdding RTW.

I like the added Spartan Periokoi units in XGM 5_6_7.
    I know it's a bit early to suggest this,but for a future release,why not consider adding a Helot unit,that way all three of the Spartan social classes (Spartiate,Periokoi,Helot) are represented?
    Last edited by Spartan198; 04-06-2008 at 10:21.

Hello friends,

I am new here and this is my very post in the forums.

XGM then:
    I am Greek and work as a writer and translator of books on ancient Greek Battles. My recent work has led me to want to play XGM.
    I have installed ROME TOTAL and Barbarian Invasion.
    I tried to install these 3 patches:

rome_totalwar_patch_1-3.zip
    rome_total_war_patch_1-5.zip
    rome_total_war_patch_1-6.zip

And my game would not accept any of them. Clicking on the options tab I saw that my RTW is v. 1.3 and my Barb Invasion is v. 1.4.
    I tried to install the latest version of XGM and it will not install. This was
    XGM_5_6_7.zip.

I read somewhere that XGM is for version 1.2--where can I get the v 1.2 patch--I have looked and have not found it.
    I also have no CD exes in my Game directory. I am thinking that perhaps these are to blame for my problems but I am not sure. I could install the original exes if need be.

Can anyone help as to what to do to get one version of HGM working?

I would appreciate it.

Should I perhaps install the original version only, what people call vanilla?
    And then patch to 1.2??

By the way, I have seen information about Greek battles and units and historical facts in another forum which is hopelessy wrong. I will be posting informative posts for your use if I can find a right section in these forums.

jinx: The current version of XGM is designed to work with RTW 1.5, BI 1.6, or Alexander 1.9.

If you have Barbarian Invasion then all you need is the 1.6 patch. If you have trouble installing that, try asking for help in the tech. support forum here.

If you can't get it to work at all, then you can get older versions of XGM that will work with RTW 1.3/1.4 here.

Hope that helps.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast