Thread: Dial Up style

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: Dial Up style

Why LeftEyeNine?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Only enabled in style Experimental at this moment to show the idea.

Go to userCP edit Options and enable Broadband user, you can enter an extra signature picture in UserCP/edit Profile if you haven't already done so. Then Select the Experimental skin and look at the board again. Not everyone has the extra picture enabled yet, so you may have to browse to one of your own posts. You'll see a signature and below that your extra picture, extended signature (for now).

I said no limits, but keep it reasonable, no jokes with multi megabyte pictures.

It will be enabled (option) in other skins, when users think it's good to have and when you have worked out among yourselves what the limits should be, filesize and picturedimensions. Please start a new topic in the Watchtower about it.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Why LeftEyeNine?
    Well, then what will the patrons who do not enable "broadband" option in Experimental skin (and in others in case accepted by dear members) see in my sig when I put one over limits ? My "limitless" one ? That just sounded confusing (and a bit disturbing for those patrons) to me.

Edit : Just to remind you Master Tosa, that I don't have the analystic/numerical mentality of a coder. I may have sounded silly
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 12-31-2005 at 02:51.

Don't worry LeftEyeNine,

You don't sound silly. My answer may be, as/if I fail to understand your question.

You can't force anyone to use either the signature and the extended one, or just one of both. Just like users an't be forced to display either, one or both.

The extended signature box is pretty simple, it can only contain one picture. This would be a larger picture (or just an extra one) which isn't allowed to be displayed in the normal signature, because it hurts narrowband users.

The idea is that users continue using the signature box for text, links, smileys and other images like they do now, so narrow-, mediumbanders and more spartan users can see some candy, while the extra box is only used for a larger extra image.

In case a user does not select broadband, he will just see the old way.

Does this answer?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Ah so you say, the logic is something like that : There is one area for the sigs -as it is right now- and when broadband option enabled a second area will be added instead of broadening the first sig area.This was confusing me in terms of my 11-year-limited computer knowledge... Anyway, I think at least it is something like that I got it, Master Tosa. Thanks
    Last edited by LeftEyeNine; 12-31-2005 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine
    There is one area for the sigs -as it is right now- and when broadband option enabled a second area will be added instead of broadening the first sig area.
    That's correct, sorry for wasting so many words.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12