Thread: Class / Recruitment / Policy Mods

Default Class / Recruitment / Policy Mods

Ok, not too sure where to put thsi but I'll stick it here .. until the admin burys it somewhere else ..

Here's some ideas about making mods more realistic, and giving the player more depth. These could go in any mod.

Please give your opinions, I'm thick skinned ..

(see attachment)

R
    Last edited by rorarii; 05-04-2007 at 06:32.
    Rorarii

Camillus, Savior of Rome.

Default Re: Class / Recruitment / Policy Mods

Quiet the interesting Idea but I think instead of going communistic on our asses change the people type to ideal influence . Have Autocraticism, Republicanism and Tribalism instead . For instance say Nation A invades Gaul , they'll have a ***** of a time conquering cause the people are loyal to there tribe only and not to monarchies or republics.

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

I'm using similar ideas, restricted to the Middle Ages political ideas (human rights, yeah... right :P) and techs. It's pretty hard to explain all in detail here but depending which government type you'll set in your provinces you could recruit some kind of troops more than others, have different people happiness, different tax incomes etc

My example is fairly general and starts at the beginning of civilization, modders would have to specifically adapt the idea to their time frame and culture .. that's why i said I didn't produce any scripts.

I feel government Policies could do more than just adjust unrest / happiness factors etc but be more specific and historically accurate, for example In a Roman Republican mod the plebians might pass a law(policy) that restricts patrician land holdings, with a punishment that a patrican (character) might be put on charges and condemned to banishment or death! If you then conquor foriegn lands and allocate these lands to Arsitocrats, some of your characters might disappear!!!

Yes, Others have pointed out that Government types are maybe more important than population classes. I think we need both but I'm not sure TW can handle both?

R
    Rorarii

Camillus, Savior of Rome.

Default Sv: Class / Recruitment / Policy Mods

I am no modder, I know nothing about modding, I'm just here to enjoy other peoples hard work for free, but would it be possible to make those differences with classes...or rather would it be able to make it realistic? In those days where most of these mods take place people who where born poor, died poor. And besides, everyone knew their place. In the middle ages it was kind of popular to dress up some poor guy and treat him as a king for a day, and then laugh as hell, because the fact that he was a simple farmer and the lord was his master, It was obvious, like it's obvious that the sun rises every day.The Greek Cities where fairly democratic, but still their economy as well as romes and any other nation during those times where based on slavery. And even if Rome mostly took care of her citizens, the ones who passed those laws where Senators, noblesmen. And when she didn't...well panem et circenses for the people meanwhile.

I guess I'm far offtopic here, and I don't blame you for not reading all that. But my point is: Will it be possible to adjust peoples wealth like that...in a realistic way?

But I find the Idea with the different types of government interesting.
    Hej sötnos.

Default Re: Sv: Class / Recruitment / Policy Mods

I agree that there shouldn't be a complete turnover of the ruling classes in middle ages (there isn't none now lol).

I'll make an example of what I mean. Think at HRE at the time of Frederich Barabarossa. You'll have provinces under the direct control of the Staufen dinasty (i.e. Swabia), others controlled by the bishop-counts (i.e. Mainz), others controlled by vassals (i.e Savoy), others controlled by a free imperial city (i.e. Hamburg).

Depending on the kind of government that you have in that province you can have different recruitment pools, from a city state province for example you could have more militia and zero knights but you can have more income from it so you can buy mercs eventually and you can have some happiness bonus for the people who live there. A vassal controlled province can give you cheap troops, you pay less the buildings there (because the vassal pays a part of them) and a good law bonus, but you'll have lot less income and you'll have a chance every turn that a named character put there will go rebellous (or if there's none a lot of rebels armies ready to occupy the vacant vassal seat).

This is, briefly put, how Anno Domini will work in the next version.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; 05-06-2007 at 00:38.