PDA

View Full Version : Mafia IV: Night of the Living Mafia [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2 3

GeneralHankerchief
09-29-2006, 21:51
***UPDATE: THE GAME HAS NOW STARTED. NO MORE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.***

That's right, the original Mafia is back and bigger than ever!!! :rifle: :balloon2:

Basic description/rules for those who haven't played before

The game takes place in the kingdom (village?) of Peace and Love, the Frontroom. Everyone participating is a villager, but two of them are secretly working for the mafia. It is the mafia's goal to kill everyone in the town aside from themselves.

However, the villagers aren't powerless against this threat. They can democratically execute one person every time people are killed. Also, there is a Detective secretly working to expose the mafia. The mafia should be incredibly wary of this person, as he can (and has) singlehandedly ruin the game for the mafia.

Each member of the mafia PMs me after every execution, with the name of the user they want to kill, along with the method of how they are killed. At the same time, the Detective PMs me with the name of a user they wish to "investigate." I tell the Detective whether that person is innocent or not.

After the kills have been posted, the villagers vote for who they think is guilty. After 24 hours (give or take) the person with the most votes is executed.

Be careful, for if you don't vote then certain divine powers shall remove you from the game.

Rules for this version of the game

Same format as usual. Two mafiosi, one Detective. The mafia can kill two people per round, and when one is dead then the remaining gets to kill two a round.

You can vote for a person with any reason you like. Be aware though, that a dumb reason will cast suspicion on you.

Speculation from the dead is allowed. You just can't vote however.

When you vote, it must be done like this:

Vote: General Hankerchief

If you wish to change your vote, a separate post must be made and you must post like this:

Unvote: General Hankerchief

Vote: John Smith

Forwarded PMs/screenshots can be used to help out your case.

Wrath of God will be used, but there won't be a strict rule on using it. Basically, if I don't think you're active enough, you're gone.

Kills will not be in the original form; I will edit them to make them more coherent unless the mafioso prefers that they remain in the original form.

From a role-playing perspective, none of the other games happened. Please try to start fresh, it makes it more fun for everyone.
~~~~~~~

Post here if interested. I know that Leet Eriksson wants to play, anyone else? And if you've been watching the other games, try this one! It's simple, and extremely fun!

I look forward to another enjoyable game. :2thumbsup:

Sasaki Kojiro
09-29-2006, 21:51
/in

First!

UltraWar
09-29-2006, 21:55
I am in as well

Sigurd
09-29-2006, 21:55
sign me up...

Speculating as dead... I'am looking forward to this :2thumbsup:

discovery1
09-29-2006, 21:56
I'm in.

Silver Rusher
09-29-2006, 21:59
Dang it, I wanted to be the first to sign up!

doc_bean
09-29-2006, 22:04
Sign me up !

Dutch_guy
09-29-2006, 22:08
I'm in :balloon2:

:balloon2:

The Spartan (Returns)
09-29-2006, 22:13
im always in.
i wonder if I will live to the end in this one...

Sasaki Kojiro
09-29-2006, 22:17
im always in.
i wonder if I will live to the end in this one...

If I'm in the mafia I'll kill you first round.

GeneralHankerchief
09-29-2006, 22:20
If I'm in the mafia I'll kill you first round.

Hmm, who wants to bet that the mafia will use that against you and kill him first?

*slaps self*Darnit GH, stop commenting... :wall:

Silver Rusher
09-29-2006, 22:33
Hmm, who wants to bet that the mafia will use that against you and kill him first?

*slaps self*Darnit GH, stop commenting... :wall:
I think that was the point.

Orb
09-29-2006, 22:36
I'm in!

Sir Moody
09-29-2006, 22:38
Ive lurked through two of these now this time iwant in :laugh4:

sign me up

Csargo
09-29-2006, 22:42
I'm in.

King Henry V
09-29-2006, 22:48
I to join would like.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-29-2006, 22:52
I to join would like.

Why you do like Yoda talk?

@GH: After playing a game it's hard to not comment isn't it ~D

Ignoramus
09-30-2006, 00:31
I'm in.

Reenk Roink
09-30-2006, 00:41
Reenkazillo in... :wink:

:deal:

Myrddraal
09-30-2006, 00:58
Sign me up then.

Crazed Rabbit
09-30-2006, 01:08
I'm in!

CR

Ice
09-30-2006, 04:00
I'm definately in.

Zalmoxis
09-30-2006, 04:09
Me too.

GeneralHankerchief
09-30-2006, 04:19
Forgot to add this to the rules.

From a role-playing perspective, none of the other games happened. Please try to start fresh, it makes it more fun for everyone.

Zalmoxis
09-30-2006, 04:26
Forgot to add this to the rules.

Yes... it would be awkward if I had already been assasinated 3 times before.

Ignoramus
09-30-2006, 05:43
Yes... it would be awkward if I had already been assasinated 3 times before.

I accuse the corpse of Zalmoxis as being the mafia. ~;p

Lord Winter
09-30-2006, 08:11
I'll play

Drisos
09-30-2006, 08:32
me too! :jumping: :balloon2:

Silver Rusher
09-30-2006, 10:47
I see that 20 people have signed up so far.

How many people are you aiming for, GH?

GeneralHankerchief
09-30-2006, 14:34
As many as I can get in a few days.

So spread the word, people!

Reenk Roink
09-30-2006, 16:31
New system guys. You're all on Reenk's Fan Club to begin, and then you get cut if your do something wrong... :2thumbsup:

Masy
09-30-2006, 16:43
Yes! Sign me up please.

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-30-2006, 17:16
I'd like to play.

Divine Wind
09-30-2006, 17:37
Count me in!

The Snowman of Death ceases to exist. :skull:

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-30-2006, 18:26
I'm in.

discovery1
09-30-2006, 18:46
I'm definately in.

YEEEESSSS!!!!

VOTE: ICE

Crazed Rabbit
09-30-2006, 19:28
Oh my.

CR

Dutch_guy
09-30-2006, 19:54
Wow Disco, what did Michigan ever do to you ?

Ice
09-30-2006, 20:57
Wow Disco, what did Michigan ever do to you ?

He's just jealous we have a better football team and our Aerospace Engineering program is superior. :book:

Cowhead418
10-01-2006, 00:06
I'm in.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-01-2006, 00:21
Oh and unlike last game, if the mafia kill me this time I'll comment with a vengeance so it won't do you any good.

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-01-2006, 01:07
Are you going to going to include all of the roles like is Sasaki's game, GH, or just keep it simple?

GeneralHankerchief
10-01-2006, 01:19
Are you going to going to include all of the roles like is Sasaki's game, GH, or just keep it simple?

Simple is the word here. Two mafiosi and one Detective. No masons, prostitutes, doctors, spies, suspicious characters, or secret masterminds. *looks around shiftily*

Kommodus
10-01-2006, 04:06
I think I'm quite ready for another game. Count me in.

I'll say this: in Mafia, the initial game setup influences the way the game ultimately ends. The main factors are:

1. Proportion of mafiosi/mafia allies to villagers.
2. Whether or not the dead are silenced.

Clearly, item 2 favors the villagers in this game. (Nevertheless I like it when the dead can comment, as it makes the game more lively, and the mafia have to be more careful.) Which side item 1 favors will depend on how many people sign up. It looks like we'll get a lot.

Crazed Rabbit
10-01-2006, 06:45
Also, the luckiness, or lack thereof, of the detective should be taken into account.

Crazed Rabbit

Silver Rusher
10-01-2006, 20:10
I hope that we can have all of the really active posters from Mafia III in this game, I think it would make it much more interesting and fun.

Dutch_guy
10-01-2006, 20:14
I hope that we can have all of the really active posters from Mafia III in this game, I think it would make it much more interesting and fun.

Seconded.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-01-2006, 20:19
B_Ray is out of town. Perhaps GH should pm DA and Pannonian.

Reenk Roink
10-01-2006, 20:31
Just one thing. You all know how I feel about voting for somebody without a really good cause (i.e: in revenge or a strong argument). Now, as I've made clear, there is no List, rather the Fan Club, so I don't plan on being a bad villager, but if I see that there is nobody to vote for (no good reason), can I abstain without consequences?

AggonyDuck
10-01-2006, 22:18
My finals are over, so I'll have enough time to contribute to this game.
So sign me in pleas!:2thumbsup:

GeneralHankerchief
10-01-2006, 22:52
Just one thing. You all know how I feel about voting for somebody without a really good cause (i.e: in revenge or a strong argument). Now, as I've made clear, there is no List, rather the Fan Club, so I don't plan on being a bad villager, but if I see that there is nobody to vote for (no good reason), can I abstain without consequences?

Yeah, just make it clear that you abstain.

If you do so you will escape my wrath, although I can't say for sure if you'll survive the other villagers.

24 hours or so until we start.

GeneralHankerchief
10-02-2006, 02:49
I'm going to PM DA, Pannonian, Lemur, and Kage. We'll see if they're interested.

Ignoramus
10-02-2006, 02:51
Maybe we could ask people in the Entrance Hall?

Lemur
10-02-2006, 03:18
Those fancy mafia games were too much for me. I'll sign back up for a straightforward mafia bout, the sort my grandad used to play!

Drisos
10-02-2006, 06:18
Those fancy mafia games were too much for me. I'll sign back up for a straightforward mafia bout, the sort my grandad used to play!

sounds suspicious... I'm voting for Lemur again this game:laugh4:

Kagemusha
10-02-2006, 07:20
Ok, count me in!:2thumbsup:

Silver Rusher
10-02-2006, 19:26
Well, I have sunk to the lowest of the low. I have begun a desperate campaign to get as many people as possible to join before the start of the game.

I suggest for anybody else willing to do the same. Also, DA and Pannonian, plus anyone else who will make a decent contribution to the game, pleeeease join! It will make this game complete.

2 and a half hours left

Silver Rusher
10-02-2006, 19:30
One more thing: everybody post in this thread as much as possible in the next 2 and a half hours so that it is bumped to the top. Think of it as a spam opportunity.

Sasaki, maybe you could change the title to "2 hours left to sign up" or something?

Topic for discussion while we wait: Who, out of all of us, would make the best detective? I think Dg would benefit the villagers a lot as a detective, his mafia picking ability is very good in GH's games (in my one he didn't quite get it though).

Leet Eriksson
10-02-2006, 19:32
ME, also don't kill me before i cast a vote will you? :wall:

Silver Rusher
10-02-2006, 19:35
That post could have been the kiss of death for you, Leet.

Csargo
10-02-2006, 19:46

Silver Rusher
10-02-2006, 19:48
That's the spirit :2thumbsup:

Dutch_guy
10-02-2006, 20:04
That post could have been the kiss of death for you, Leet.

And yours could have been mine :sweatdrop: ~:)

Silver Rusher
10-02-2006, 20:07
Unfortunately, my advertising 'campaign' doesn't appear to be working.

Crazed Rabbit
10-02-2006, 20:08
I made a lousy detective, mainly by being terribly unlucky.

CR

Silver Rusher
10-02-2006, 20:16
It isn't working. I think I'm gonna shut up until the game starts.

Avicenna
10-02-2006, 20:16
i join or else some heads are gonna roll.

Byzantine Mercenary
10-02-2006, 21:15
alright il join

Kagemusha
10-02-2006, 21:32
I would prefer to be lynched on this game. Its an experience i havent had the joy to experience yet in these games.:laugh4:

GeneralHankerchief
10-02-2006, 22:01
Ok, Pannonian sadly will be out of town for most of the game so he won't make it; DA is undecided.

Am I forgetting anyone?

1 hour left btw.

Csargo
10-02-2006, 22:54
Almost time people better join soon :D

GeneralHankerchief
10-02-2006, 23:00
Time.

Nobody else will be admitted to the game, sorry.

I will now randomly pick our mafia and Detective. This post will be edited once those people have been contacted.

Edit: Done. If you didn't receive a PM then you're just a normal villager.

The game has officially... begun! :horn:

If the mafia/Detective could PM me with their first choice of who to kill/investigate from this list below.

Still alive:
Sasaki Kojiro
UltraWar
Sigurd Fafnesbane
discovery1
Silver Rusher
doc_bean
Dutch_guy
The Spartan
Orb
Sir Moody
Csar
King Henry V
Ignoramus
Reenk Roink
Myrddraal
Crazed Rabbit
Ice
Zalmoxis
Destroyer of Hope
Drisos
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
Divine Wind
Evil Maniac From Mars
Cowhead418
Kommodus
AggonyDuck
Lemur
Kagemusha
Leet Eriksson
Tiberius
Byzantine Mercenary

Reenk Roink
10-03-2006, 00:03
Sasaki Kojiro
UltraWar
Sigurd Fafnesbane
discovery1
Silver Rusher
doc_bean
Dutch_guy
The Spartan
Orb
Sir Moody
Csar
King Henry V
Ignoramus
Reenk Roink
Myrddraal
Crazed Rabbit
Ice
Zalmoxis
Destroyer of Hope
Drisos
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
Divine Wind
Evil Maniac From Mars
Cowhead418
Kommodus
AggonyDuck
Lemur
Kagemusha
Leet Eriksson
Tiberius
Byzantine Mercenary

:2thumbsup:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-03-2006, 00:34
:2thumbsup:

I thought I was perma listed :laugh4:

Lemur
10-03-2006, 04:33
Wow, big crowd this time. Bad odds for the mafia.

Drisos
10-03-2006, 06:14
Yes, we have 9 chances of elimination, in case we keep eliminating innocent people. Shouldn't be too hard. :balloon2: :2thumbsup:

Sir Moody
10-03-2006, 15:35
remmeber to factor in inactive villagers which would result in less chances to catch the mafia

Sasaki Kojiro
10-03-2006, 15:57
We lynched 9 in the Godfather right? With 0% accuracy :p

Random lynches are useless.

Avicenna
10-03-2006, 17:31
Vote:GeneralHankerChief

^^ is that allowed?

Sasaki Kojiro
10-03-2006, 18:21
Well he's not playing and voting hasn't started yet.

Also, he can kill you.

So, probably not :laugh4:

Avicenna
10-03-2006, 18:36
Pff, not as if the mafia won't get me anyway...

I'm the hottest mafia target aside from disco.

Masy
10-03-2006, 20:25
We lynched 9 in the Godfather right? With 0% accuracy :p

Random lynches are useless.

Yeah lol we managed to get everyone BUT the mafia. Is Silver doing another one? It was ace.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-03-2006, 20:44
Pff, not as if the mafia won't get me anyway...

Hmm claiming to be a hot target? Suspicious.

Drisos
10-03-2006, 21:15
Yeah lol we managed to get everyone BUT the mafia.

Lol! too true!:laugh4:

almost all of us lurking villagers bandwagoned on sasaki most of the time... :embarassed: 'tha evil mastermind'

If I had a list like Reenk Roink, I'd put you on it sasaki.. such betrayal. ~:pissed: :spider: :P

btw seems like the mafia aren't too active at the .org or they intend to have us think so.. kills are taking a while.:juggle2:

GeneralHankerchief
10-03-2006, 21:16
Day breaks in the Frontroom. All is quiet. The sun rose, the clouds made their way across the sky lazily, the flowers opened up, and the birds started chirping merry tunes. All was peaceful and right with the world.

Ka-SMASH!

The front door to Silver Rusher's house had been broken down. There were now some extremely loud footsteps tromping their way up his stairs, all the way to his office. As the intruder entered Silver's room, Silver turned away from his computer and yelled at the top of his lungs:

"WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?"

The intruder took out a gun and fired it into the air once. A piece of the ceiling came and crashed down. Silver dove for cover, shattering a vase into a thousand pieces, but the intruder didn't fire again. Instead, he picked Silver up and threw him into a wall, causing a picture overhead to fall and smash into Silver's head.

The intruder then began to strangle Silver, who struggled mightily and gasped for breath. He couldn't break the intruder's grip, however, and after about three minutes he died. The intruder left, firing his gun at Silver's monitor for good measure. The room was trashed.

So much for quiet.

Just about everyone in the village heard the racket and headed for Silver's house, but the intruder made a clean getaway. One of the people who didn't hear anything, however, was Tiberius who lived on the other side of town.

Tiberius woke up late and took his morning stroll down the Frontroom duck pond, unaware of anything that seemed even remotely wrong. Whistling a jaunty tune to himself, he noticed another villager strolling beside him. The two greeted each other, merrily walking along the pond.

Then the villager pounced. He looped a chain of pure, ultra-dense osmium around Tib's neck, and pushed him into the pound. Tiberius desperately tried to get back on dry ground, but the osmium weighed him down so much that it was stupid to try. Still struggling, Tib managed to get a glimpse of his killer grinning evilly before the inky depths of the duck pond claimed him forever.

That evening, Chief of Police Beirut had all the villagers gathered in the town square. There had never been any murders in the Frontroom before, so when two happened in one day the townspeople were natrually scared and suspicious. It took a while for Beirut to gain order, but once he did he spoke.

"Gentlemen," he began, "This is a terrible situation we are facing here. Two people have been brutally murdered in one day. Silver Rusher was found strangled in his office, and Tiberius was drowned in the duck pond."

Everyone snickered at such a lame death.

"Now really, this is serious!" Everybody quieted. "I have reason to believe that our town has been invaded by the MAFIA, and that two of them are posing as normal villagers. Now, this is a small peaceful town, so I trust you enough to weed them out for me. So, this execution will be democratically decided. You will all vote for who you think killed Silver Rusher and Tiberius. Whoever has the most votes will be forced to drink poison in front of everyone. Begin the voting!"

Villagers, now is your time. You have (around) 24 hours to vote for who you think killed Silver Rusher and Tiberius. After the time is up, I will end voting and whoever has the most votes will be executed.

Silver Rusher
10-03-2006, 21:24
My god, the mafia really are stupid beyond belief...

Here's one for you, poopy-heads, now that I have been removed for the game in the FIRST ROUND I will be sooo, sooo mad that I will be dead-posting even more cunningly than ever. Such a shame, I was about to have a no posting after death policy but now you can expect me to be more active than pretty much all of the living posters. I have learnt a lot from hosting my own game now and my judgements are going to be far, far more enlightened than ever before. Mafia behavior is something I have come to learn of extremely well. You might just have to go to the highest possible level of play to even survive at all. Another thing you may want to consider: had I been left alive, I may not have even posted very much. I promise the villagers, and I will live up to this one, that the MVFJA (see below) will be the first to name at least one of the mafia.

Tiberius, want to co-found the Murder-victims-for-justice-association (MVFJA) dedicated to rooting out the mafia in this particular game? (no lynchees allowed by the way)

Sasaki Kojiro
10-03-2006, 21:34
Hmm I think we can get clues from the delay in the kills posting.

Masy posted for the first time since yesterday (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/search.php?searchid=42862), he could have come online for first time since yesterday and pm'd GH with his kill.

The search results on Drisos don't reveal much (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/search.php?searchid=42864), but this sentance of his makes me suspicious:

btw seems like the mafia aren't too active at the .org or they intend to have us think so.. kills are taking a while.

Reprimanding your fellow mafioso (Masy?). This kind of post has been a trend in the other mafia games, I can dig up examples if needed. The mafioso or person with a role mentions something like this indirectly and it doesn't get noticed.

Well, I'm noticing it.

Vote:Drisos

Avicenna
10-03-2006, 21:47
Sasaki: see? I still have a 100% record of mafia deaths (in the GHC games)

SR: Sure, I can be a co-consul of sorts.

Anyway, some little things I noticed:
-somebody wants to get aggonyduck AGAIN. constant duck references.
-'pound' is misspelt. of course, we can't get much from that... but my hunch is that it's a person making an intentional mistake to differentiate his kill from ordinarily polished-perfect spelling in posts.
-I could see his face after being in the water? what? how? creative story pouring out without being checked perhaps? or another intentional mistake?
-me and SR? clearly one mafia has been from the former game: SR is definitely a logical choice, while I am not due to limited contributions (apart from votes). also, disco not dying? That's interesting, to say the least. I'd give it a few more rounds and lynch if he's still not killed. It seems unusual for him to survive this long.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-03-2006, 21:52
Ok, heres evidence from the other games:

In the Godfather, after Gorebag didn't send in his kill, GeneralH remarked:

I don't know, let's think about this.

If B_Ray knew Sigurd was a mafioso and knew full well that there would only be one kill the next round, why on earth would he link himself to his now-dead comrade? No way a mafioso would be this stupid.

Either there are two options: The other mafioso probably voted for Reenk or Disco (pretty much anyone but Sigurd), or someone didn't send in their kill in on time.

GH later reflected:

GoreBag missed his kill for the second round. At first I was annoyed, and posted something along the lines of "a mafioso might not have gotten his kill in on time." Luckily nobody noticed.

This is a pretty direct example.

However, other examples of this kind of thing:

Wouldn't it be great if GH is the detective? If he is, then we have a living detective all game.

Ignoramus is the detective, wishing he had been elected Chief of Police.

It appears that at least Tiberius was saved, and I'd say the same would count for DA (beer stolen ?). Maybe the work of a lifesaver ?

EDIT: Lifesaver may be a bad word, Doctor would be better

Dutch guy was a doctor.

I don't think you peeples should judge the guy who was at Orb's house so harshly. I mean come on, "thief" is just not right at all. This guy probably is dirt poor, and needs to live on what others waste. If the world were a more generous and fair place, he wouldn't have to go through others trash. Heck, he probably only took the newspapers to use as bedsheets, and also to rummage through the classifieds. Not only that, but this guy chose the right house and gave us an incredible clue on who the real criminals are. And yet he is demonized...

This guy is a hero!

Society has failed this noble, noble individual...

Reenk Roink was the "thief"

I'm willing to bet the mafia is at their most careless at the beginning of the game. I believe that was a slip up by Drisos.

Masy's posting time/Kill posting delay is also worth looking at in the future.

GeneralHankerchief
10-03-2006, 21:59
People, don't take too much from these kills. "Pound" was a mistake. As for you seeing your killer's face Tib, it's just what the mafioso wrote.

As for kill times:

Just to clarify: Never base your accusations on the fact that somebody was online and/or PMing before the kills were posted. There are a few reasons for this. One, I could have just got on and seen the PM. Two, they could have been PMing someone else. Three, I could have already received the PM, but at a time where it would be hard for me to post the kills so I put it off. Four, I could have received the PMs but purposely not posted the kills right away to throw you off (I have done this many times). Five, keep in mind that it takes me anywhere from 20-40 minutes to actually write the kills and post them. So if you see someone PMing right before the kills are posted, it’s actually a safe bet that they didn’t do it.

Carry on.

Silver Rusher
10-03-2006, 22:03
Congrats on the 1,100 GH.

As for my dead-activity, I will refrain from posting my suspicions until I have had a chance to observe the behavior of the players in the game. But I will say one thing, and that is that Sasaki has made very good reasoning in his last post.

Crazed Rabbit
10-03-2006, 22:08
Here's one for you, poopy-heads, now that I have been removed for the game in the FIRST ROUND I will be sooo, sooo mad that I will be dead-posting even more cunningly than ever.

That's fine and dandy, but realize none of us are foolproof.

And it seems that Silver's killer didn't want his death to be professional - just to beat the crap out of Silver before killing him.

So far I agree with Sasaki about Drisos- though I am wary of following his lead.
:inquisitive:
CR

Ignoramus
10-03-2006, 22:16
Sasaki does make valid points; Drisos is following the pattern that we have seen in all of the mafia games.

Vote: Drisos

King Henry V
10-03-2006, 22:20
There does seem to be something fishy with Drisos, though knowing the villager's luck it won't be him.
Vote: Drisos.

Avicenna
10-03-2006, 22:27
Congrats on the 1,100 GH.

and on taking number 2 of the 2006'ers. You won't overtake me though! {evil cackle} :laugh4:

on the seeing of mafiosi: my point exactly. a mafioso slip-up, which hints as to the mafioso's identity. not experienced with writing own kills, and thus prone to making a mistake when doing the first one? or, a creative, sloppy artist type? These don't seem to common though, so I'll stick with the amateur mafia theory for now. Someone who's just 'made his bones' recently ~;)

Byzantine Mercenary
10-03-2006, 22:39
You make a good point Sasaki Kojiro

I vote for Drisos

Ice
10-03-2006, 22:46
Vote:Disco

It's on now disco.

discovery1
10-03-2006, 22:51
Vote: Ice

Our gods clearly favor the Chief with our recent victory over Michigan state, in football no less. Let us ensure that this is still the case later on with a sacrifice. And the gods love nothing better then the blood of our enermies.

Myrddraal
10-03-2006, 23:18
Hello all.

I'm not sure that Sasaki's analysis is entirely relevant. All the examples he posted were of people refering to game characters when they were that character, but the key thing here is that all of those characters (with the exception of GH) were villager team characters.

I'm not sure it's incriminating to mention the mafia, or else we're all guilty?

As for GH's comment, I really didn't see anything in that either (though apparently he did?) The rules were posted at the top of that thread, and I would certainly have suggested the possibility of a mafioso getting his pm in late (or purposefully not killing). I'd certainly be pissed if I was lynched for exploring all the possibilities.

I think the question is whether Drisos is likely to use such a bluff were he the mafia. Since I have no experience of previous games I'm not one to judge, but let's judge him on that basis rather than the simple fact that he posted about what the mafia might be doing

My 2 pence :bow:

However, atm I've got nothing better to go on, and each turn is one less turn in which we can lynch, so Vote:Drisos

Sir Moody
10-03-2006, 23:28
Then the villager pounced. He looped a chain of pure, ultra-dense osmium around Tib's neck, and pushed him into the pound. Tiberius desperately tried to get back on dry ground, but the osmium weighed him down so much that it was stupid to try. Still struggling, Tib managed to get a glimpse of his killer grinning evilly before the inky depths of the duck pond claimed him forever.

hmmm osmium is an odd choice here - yes its considered the heaviest metal which would lead us to believe we are looking for someone who knows chemistry except i found that out with a quick google so maybe we are looking for someone who from the first kill is trying to mislead us and make us look at people who fit a different profile

Now since i have only one kill to go by and this is my first time im probable wrong but this kind of mind set is VERY Machiavellian and in the last few mafias
Sasaki Kojiro has been very good at that kind of thing so ill go with him this round

Vote: Sasaki Kojiro

Evil_Maniac From Mars
10-03-2006, 23:29
Abstain.

Ignoramus
10-03-2006, 23:42
You'll get Wrath of GH if you're not careful.

GeneralHankerchief
10-03-2006, 23:43
You'll get Wrath of GH if you're not careful.

If he posts, he's safe.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-03-2006, 23:43
While I believe Drisos is our best bet, and certainly that's the best (possibly only) evidence brought against someone on round one, I'm not liking the "I agree with Sasaki vote drisos" responses. Now obviously I think you should agree with me and we should lynch Drisos, but posting so little:

A. Is not in the towns benefit in the long term, we need more substance
B. Makes me look suspicious :p since this is what happened in the Godfather

This is what we need more of:

Hello all.

I'm not sure that Sasaki's analysis is entirely relevant. All the examples he posted were of people refering to game characters when they were that character, but the key thing here is that all of those characters (with the exception of GH) were villager team characters.

I'm not sure it's incriminating to mention the mafia, or else we're all guilty?

As for GH's comment, I really didn't see anything in that either (though apparently he did?) The rules were posted at the top of that thread, and I would certainly have suggested the possibility of a mafioso getting his pm in late (or purposefully not killing). I'd certainly be pissed if I was lynched for exploring all the possibilities.

I think the question is whether Drisos is likely to use such a bluff were he the mafia. Since I have no experience of previous games I'm not one to judge, but let's judge him on that basis rather than the simple fact that he posted about what the mafia might be doing

My 2 pence :bow:

However, atm I've got nothing better to go on, and each turn is one less turn in which we can lynch, so Vote:Drisos

I don't believe it makes a difference whether the character is town or mafia. The Dutch Guy, Ignoramus, and Reenk Roink examples show that characters who have extra knowledge of the game leave clues of that knowledge. Dutch guy is the doctor and suggests the possibility of a doctor etc. Thus, Drisos, knowing that his partner was late with the pm, might have been tempted to share this with the town (there is precedent as it were). The General Hankerchief quote is the mainstay of my case, as it is the same situation as the current one. Mafioso is annoyed at tardiness of fellow mafioso, suggests that one of the mafia was tardy with pm. That's enough to warrant suspicion.

In my experience the mafia don't bluff. It's too risky. Who are you more suspicious of, Drisos or Sir Moody? That should answer your question.

I'm not sure what you mean by "each turn is one less turn in which we can lynch". Yes, we have a finite number of lynch chances, and this is one. Therefore we wouldn't want to waste this lynch. This doesn't jive with your vote for Drisos, who you don't seem to think is guilty. Surely in that case we should search for an alternative?

Just to clarify: Never base your accusations on the fact that somebody was online and/or PMing before the kills were posted. There are a few reasons for this. One, I could have just got on and seen the PM. Two, they could have been PMing someone else. Three, I could have already received the PM, but at a time where it would be hard for me to post the kills so I put it off. Four, I could have received the PMs but purposely not posted the kills right away to throw you off (I have done this many times). Five, keep in mind that it takes me anywhere from 20-40 minutes to actually write the kills and post them. So if you see someone PMing right before the kills are posted, it’s actually a safe bet that they didn’t do it.

Yes I know. But you didn't post this at the beginning of this game or the last, and I believe you may have been anxious to get the game started and thus posted as soon as you got the kill from Masy. There was enough time in between.

It is weak, but that was the first suspicion to come to my mind, before I noticed Drisos's post. I'd like to see how Masy responds to this. Can you show that you didn't pm GeneralH, Masy?

Csargo
10-03-2006, 23:50
My vote goes with Sasaki he seems to be trying a little hard to put this on someone else which is suspicious to me.

Myrddraal
10-03-2006, 23:58
Surely in that case we should search for an alternative?

I agree, but on what basis? I can't think of any. The first few rounds of lynching are bound to be fairly random, and I'm unfortunately quite resigned to that having no past mafia experience to help me here.

I think it does make a difference on who's side the character is on. Those who have villager helpful roles may wish to hint at their role to imform their fellow villagers, but try to be as subtle as possible so as not to get killed immediately. The mafia know who the other mafia are and the thing at the top of their mind will be to prevent the others finding out.

At least Sir Moody is (pretending to/genuinely is?) trying to contribute. Having said that, for someone to try to exploit the villagers in such depth would be quite arrogant I think and quite unlikely. The same goes for the comments about Aggony Duck and Duck ponds and this being evidence for a framing of AD. Quite tenuous.

The ironic thing (stating the obvious) is that Sir Moody, Sasaki or even myself (:evilgrin:) could simply be trying to divert attention from something that's been said. Reminds me of the first blood test in the novelleta about the monsters.

Time to re-read the posts, I'll see if I can come up with something better :smile:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:01
Edited out

Hehhhhhh, that's interesting.

Why did you edit out your vote for me? Did you realize that would draw my attention to you and you might be exposed?

Also, why are you using invisible mode? I don't remember you using that in the past.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 00:04
Hehhhhhh, that's interesting.

Why did you edit out your vote for me? Did you realize that would draw my attention to you and you might be exposed?

Also, why are you using invisible mode? I don't remember you using that in the past.

I wanted to wait a little longer before I voiced my suspicions but obviously it's a little late now.:wall:

And as for the invisible mode I did that a couple of days ago for the fun of it. Pretty stupid on my part but I did it anyway.:2thumbsup: I'll put it back if you really want me too. :D

Myrddraal
10-04-2006, 00:05

I really don't think we should use mod privileges here (at least not publicly :evilgrin:)

BTW, for the info of the general public, Sasaki is currently using invisible mode. :wink:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:06
I agree, but on what basis? I can't think of any. The first few rounds of lynching are bound to be fairly random, and I'm unfortunately quite resigned to that having no past mafia experience to help me here.

I think it does make a difference on who's side the character is on. Those who have villager helpful roles may wish to hint at their role to imform their fellow villagers, but try to be as subtle as possible so as not to get killed immediately. The mafia know who the other mafia are and the thing at the top of their mind will be to prevent the others finding out.

At least Sir Moody is (pretending to/genuinely is?) trying to contribute. Having said that, for someone to try to exploit the villagers in such depth would be quite arrogant I think and quite unlikely. The same goes for the comments about Aggony Duck and Duck ponds and this being evidence for a framing of AD. Quite tenuous.

The ironic thing (stating the obvious) is that Sir Moody, Sasaki or even myself (:evilgrin:) could simply be trying to divert attention from something that's been said. Reminds me of the first blood test in the novelleta about the monsters.

Time to re-read the posts, I'll see if I can come up with something better :smile:

Haha, I mentioned Sir Moody as an example because he hadn't posted when I began to write my response. I meant, Drisos as mafia wouldn't bluff because he becomes suspect more than [insert name of player who hasn't posted at all].

I still think you're mistaken on the difference of town/mafia. The last thing either of them wants is to reveal their role. As soon as Ignoramus revealed himself he got killed. Same for the other detectives. The mafia are trying to eliminate all pro-town power roles. The only time a pro town player is likely to reveal themselves is when they are about to be lynched.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:09
I really don't think we should use mod privileges here (at least not publicly :evilgrin:)

BTW, for the info of the general public, Sasaki is currently using invisible mode. :wink:

oh I'm totally going to use mod privilages. Although you can tell anyway because they are posting even though the list says they aren't online :p

I'm in invisible mode because I had to have it on when hosting games otherwise I'd reveal info. Also, I don't want to pm GH asking him a question and have someone post here saying "AAAhhh, Sasaki was PM'ing GH he's Mafiaaaa!!11". :)

edit: and btw Csar, your "he's posting too much/being to defensive" logic hasn't served you well in the past, has it?

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:13

Our gods clearly favor the Chief with our recent victory over Michigan state, in football no less. Let us ensure that this is still the case later on with a sacrifice. And the gods love nothing better then the blood of our enermies.

Vote:Disco

It's on now disco.

A goofy feud would be perfect cover for the mafia. Just sayin. I'd vote for you on that if you'd been chosen by a godfather, but the odds of you two coming up randomly are slim.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 00:14
oh I'm totally going to use mod privilages. Although you can tell anyway because they are posting even though the list says they aren't online :p

I'm in invisible mode because I had to have it on when hosting games otherwise I'd reveal info. Also, I don't want to pm GH asking him a question and have someone post here saying "AAAhhh, Sasaki was PM'ing GH he's Mafiaaaa!!11". :)

edit: and btw Csar, your "he's posting too much/being to defensive" logic hasn't served you well in the past, has it?

Interesting. True

Misunderstood what you said Sasaki.

GeneralHankerchief
10-04-2006, 00:14
Unless mods can see better, user profiles only say "Private Messaging."

But that said, it's totally unfair if you get to see who people are PMing.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:19
Unless mods can see better, user profiles only say "Private Messaging."

But that said, it's totally unfair if you get to see who people are PMing.

Nope, the usually do say "private messaging" or "creating private message". They do however show "viewing private message:Sasaki" or "replying private message:Sasaki" (depending on how you do it). Doesn't everyone see that?

Obviously there's no way for the system to know who you are messaging if you typed the name in manually. I've never been able to tell who was who from this, I'd have to be checking who's online at just the right moment.

Also, I plan to push the postcount for this thread past 1,000.

We're already a quarter the size of the Godfather thread and it's only round 1. Woo!

Myrddraal
10-04-2006, 00:20
I still think you're mistaken on the difference of town/mafia. The last thing either of them wants is to reveal their role. As soon as Ignoramus revealed himself he got killed. Same for the other detectives. The mafia are trying to eliminate all pro-town power roles. The only time a pro town player is likely to reveal themselves is when they are about to be lynched.

Yers that true. However I'm just trying to think what I'd do with a villager helping role, what power does one vote carry. You can't persuade people of your oppinion by simply saying "I happen to know" or you'll be dead next turn. Dropping a couple of hints may lend weight to your oppinion, without you being killed till you've done the damage.

Anyway you have more experience of what actually happens, so I :bow: to you on this point.

Some questions to those of you who were involved in passed games:
What is this a reference to:

Not that it means anything since Tib is dead, just curious.

Hmm there are a couple of things I'd like to say about mafia posting behavior, but I'll wait a couple of rounds till we've got some more examples to analyse.

The choice of osmium does seem a little obvious...

EDIT: Mods can see who's using invisible mode. That's what I was refering to.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 00:21
Also, I plan to push the postcount for this thread past 1,000.

We're already a quarter the size of the Godfather thread and it's only round 1. Woo!

Sounds like fun I'm in.

GeneralHankerchief
10-04-2006, 00:22
All us mortals see is "Private Messaging."

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:27
Yers that true. However I'm just trying to think what I'd do with a villager helping role, what power does one vote carry. You can't persuade people of your oppinion by simply saying "I happen to know" or you'll be dead next turn. Dropping a couple of hints may lend weight to your oppinion, without you being killed till you've done the damage.

Anyway you have more experience of what actually happens, so I :bow: to you on this point.

Well with the doctor, it does neither you nor the village any good to know your role. With the detective hinting might be tempting, but it's a far smarter play to try and come up with an argument to protect or condemn someone without revealing yourself (though a clever mafia may notice even this).

Some questions to those of you who were involved in passed games:
What is this a reference to:

Not that it means anything since Tib is dead, just curious.

Hmm there are a couple of things I'd like to say about mafia posting behavior, but I'll wait a couple of rounds till we've got some more examples to analyse.

The choice of osmium does seem a little obvious...

I'm not sure what he meant by it myself. I suspect he was killed because of it...it's never a good idea to give the mafia a reason to kill you that can't possible point to anyone in particular.

Do we have any know Chemists?

Sounds like fun I'm in.

Not by spamming!

What I think we need to discuss is why the mafia chose to kill Silver and Tiberius? I have an explanation for tiberius but I can't think of one for Silver Rusher. Perhaps they questioned the randomness of GH's detective selection process and considered a kind of patronage?

Even if we can't learn much from this, questioning this each round will make the mafia think carefully about who they kill...and then perhaps even that can give us clues. The more the better.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:29
All us mortals see is "Private Messaging."

Ahhh, I didn't know that. I'll try to avoid the who's online feature then. Although I know sometimes I only see "viewing private message". Perhaps I only get the name if you follow the javascript? We should test it.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 00:32
Do we have any know Chemists?

Not by spamming!

What I think we need to discuss is why the mafia chose to kill Silver and Tiberius? I have an explanation for tiberius but I can't think of one for Silver Rusher. Perhaps they questioned the randomness of GH's detective selection process and considered a kind of patronage?

Even if we can't learn much from this, questioning this each round will make the mafia think carefully about who they kill...and then perhaps even that can give us clues. The more the better.

I know :2thumbsup:

I was thinking about that osmium chain thing. Tiberius was a detective in one game and I don't know if SR was or not.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 00:37
I see the invisiblity is gone Sasaki. Yet another interesting development

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:40
I see the invisiblity is gone Sasaki. Yet another interesting development

Myst-eee-rious *wiggles fingers*

Ignoramus
10-04-2006, 00:47
We really need a way to get "lurkers" to post. It is unfair, and it also detracts from the game.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 00:48
We really need a way to get "lurkers" to post. It is unfair, and it also detracts from the game.

We do it's called Wrath of GH or God. Really it doesn't matter Wrath of GH sounds better to me.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:48

I was going to wait until tomorrow (time zones remember) and then post a list of whose lurking. Yeah...a list...that'll show em.

Ignoramus
10-04-2006, 00:50
GH's is currently pmming, therefore, I think he could be answering a question from the mafia.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 00:51
Go in the chatroom and you'll see what he's doing Ignoramus.

Ignoramus
10-04-2006, 00:51
What is he doing, I don't have the JavaScript.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:52
GH's is currently pmming, therefore, I think he could be answering a question from the mafia.

No he's pming econ21. I guess regular members can't see that. Hmm.

Unfortunatly my chatroom is broken :(

Myrddraal
10-04-2006, 00:53
I just love how suspicious everyone is in here :grin: I swear these games are bad for your character.

We were testing how much mods can see of the details of who's being PM'd. It seems others don't see as many details as we do Sasaki. No PM was sent to econ, we were just testing.

I hearby promise not to use my mod powers in mafia games

as if it needed saying...

Crazed Rabbit
I know :2thumbsup:

I was thinking about that osmium chain thing. Tiberius was a detective in one game and I don't know if SR was or not.

SR was the detective/cop in Mini Mafia.

CR

Csargo
No he's pming econ21. I guess regular members can't see that. Hmm.

Unfortunatly my chatroom is broken :(

Cheater Cheater not fair I can't see that CHEATER:laugh4:

GeneralHankerchief
10-04-2006, 00:55
Actually it was just a test to see whether mods could see who we were PMing.

Pretty scary results if you're normal.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 00:57
Actually it was just a test to see whether mods could see who we were PMing.

Pretty scary results if you're normal.

Did you click the pm link through his profile? Did you use the autofill?

I can't know who you're pm'ing if you type the name in manually. We should test under what conditions mods can see whose message you are reading.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 01:01

I can't know who you're pm'ing if you type the name in manually. We should test under what conditions mods can see whose message you are reading.

GH beat me too it.:no:

Myrddraal
10-04-2006, 01:12

That's what we were doing in the chat. I'm not sure it makes any odds since we aren't going to do it, and I'd rather this thread didn't turn into a discussion of the vbulletin mechanics.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 01:22
That's what we were doing in the chat. I'm not sure it makes any odds since we aren't going to do it, and I'd rather this thread didn't turn into a discussion of the vbulletin mechanics.

That's true we're getting off track.

So are you a mafioso, Myrddraal?

Byzantine Mercenary
10-04-2006, 01:26
While I believe Drisos is our best bet, and certainly that's the best (possibly only) evidence brought against someone on round one, I'm not liking the "I agree with Sasaki vote drisos" responses. Now obviously I think you should agree with me and we should lynch Drisos, but posting so little:

A. Is not in the towns benefit in the long term, we need more substance
B. Makes me look suspicious :p since this is what happened in the Godfather

i posted so little as there is so little to go on at the time that i voted, i had a choice of drisos for the reason you gave i.e. a post hinting that he may be a mafioso or anyone else for no reason whatsoever, so i voted for drisos! im new to this game so am not quite up to all this analysis!

Myrddraal
10-04-2006, 01:32
@ Sasaki - do you already know the answer? ~;p

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 01:34
@ Sasaki - do you already know the answer? :P

AHA! AVOIDING THE QUESTION, EH?

Kommodus
10-04-2006, 02:07
Hm... several people have mentioned the osmium, but no one has voted based on it yet. A bit of research reveals that osmium is the heaviest element, and is used in several applications, including fingerprinting and munitions. Therefore I'd guess one of the mafia is one of the following:

1. A chemist
2. A law-enforcement officer
3. A munitions afficionado (possibly WWII era)
4. A high-schooler who just learned the periodic table

Number three from above is of particular interest to me. Obviously there will be a number of WWII-era amateur historians on this board, but having done some forum searches by name, one person here seems to stick out more than the others.

Vote: discovery1

Hey, buddy. I'm from Michigan too. :2thumbsup:

Sir Moody
10-04-2006, 02:15
Im pretty sure the osmium is a plant to get us barking up the wrong tree (as isaid earlier) its just a little too easy

Csargo
10-04-2006, 02:18
Hm... several people have mentioned the osmium, but no one has voted based on it yet. A bit of research reveals that osmium is the heaviest element, and is used in several applications, including fingerprinting and munitions. Therefore I'd guess one of the mafia is one of the following:

1. A chemist

Number three from above is of particular interest to me. Obviously there will be a number of WWII-era amateur historians on this board, but having done some forum searches by name, one person here seems to stick out more than the others.

Hmm that's an interesting thought. Voting for Ice everytime is a good alibi.
And I'm pretty sure he knows the periodic table. I'm not sure about munitions officionado. And the first 2 aren't right there's my two cents.

Myrddraal
10-04-2006, 02:19
It does seem a bit of an obvious thing to drop in there. Scattering a few red herrings about may be the order of the day for the mafia.

Cowhead418
10-04-2006, 03:09
I'm going to abstain from voting for now but I want to make a few comments. I've been in the mafia twice already, so I know what tactics have worked and which ones haven't. In the first few mafia games, the posters who have posted the most have garnered the most suspicion. Mafiosi tend to bandwagon, though when I was one I tried to avoid this when possible. The best tactic I found to work was voting every round with some decent reasoning behind the vote. Realize that many innocents aren't going to 'try' to be innocent because they feel they don't have to. The mafia tends to work extremely hard towards looking innocent because they know they have to.

Posting so that it is not too little or too much has gotten me through four mafia games with only two total votes against me. A solid mafia strategy is to keep alive posters who have already been deemed suspicious by the mob but have survived a few rounds. It may be a bit difficult but perhaps we can use this to our advantage. Finally, the mafia benefit from little to no discussion so this is all very good. Obviously, it becomes extremely difficult for the mafia to avoid the execution as the game winds down. We have to keep a look out for good liars though because Sigurd was excellent at defending himself in Sasaki's game. I know that I've been fairly pro-mafia in the past, but after finally getting my mafia victory in the Godfather I'm now committed to finding the killers. I'm also putting any future games where I'm the mafia at risk, but it is a risk I'm willing to take.:2thumbsup:

Ice
10-04-2006, 03:13

1. A chemist

Well, disco is an aerospace engineering in which means he had to take Chemistry in college or he took AP Chem in high school. Either way, he has an extensive knowledge. Good idea.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 03:20
Well, disco is an aerospace engineering in which means he had to take Chemistry in college or he took AP Chem in high school. Either way, he has an extensive knowledge. Good idea.

That's weak, I took AP chem in high school. Never heard of any Osmium. Actually wait, isn't that the chemical from System Shock II you use to research the monkey brain?

Reenk Roink
10-04-2006, 03:59
Reenk Roink was the "thief"

Sasaki...

Out of all the people, you are calling me a "thief"? Wasn't it you who pm'ed me with my role called "hobo"?

Gah... :no: (I hate the label "thief"...)

Anyway, there is no good reason for anyone to be cut from the Fan Club yet.

Abstain for now... mayhap I'll take a stance if something comes up...

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 04:10
Sasaki...

Out of all the people, you are calling me a "thief"? Wasn't it you who pm'ed me with my role called "hobo"?

Gah... :no: (I hate the label "thief"...)

Anyway, there is no good reason for anyone to be cut from the Fan Club yet.

Abstain for now... mayhap I'll take a stance if something comes up...

A dirty, low down, no good thief :p

Csargo
10-04-2006, 04:19
A dirty, low down, no good thief :p

None of that now. We're all a happy family here~:grouphug:

discovery1
10-04-2006, 04:19
So Kommodus you went to the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor?

Kagemusha
10-04-2006, 04:22
It was me.I killed everybody and will kill whos left. Lynch KAGE!

Csargo
10-04-2006, 04:28
Wow this is a hot thread

Lemur
10-04-2006, 05:10
I don't see any convincing arguments for much of anyone yet. Not, I suppose, that we would this early in the game. Still, it bugs me that my vote this round will 95% likely be for an innocent ...

Kagemusha
10-04-2006, 05:39
Lemur.Vote Kage.Be a friend and let me be lynched.Im guilty you know it.:2thumbsup:

discovery1
10-04-2006, 05:42
Lemur.Vote Kage.Be a friend and let me be lynched.Im guilty you know it.:2thumbsup:

Why do you want to be lynched? And no, don't say 'I'M GUILTY I KNOW IT' please.

Edit: You're not drunk are you?

Kagemusha
10-04-2006, 05:46
Disc Becouse im guilty and also i have never been lynched before.:burnout:

Edit: No im not drunk at this particular time

discovery1
10-04-2006, 05:48

You're drunk aren't you?
You Finns, get smashed on a Tuesday, I guess Wednesday for you. Aweful.
You HAVE to wait to Thursday to start partying.

oh and for emphasis:

Kagemusha
10-04-2006, 05:51
You're drunk aren't you?
You Finns, get smashed on a Tuesday, I guess Wednesday for you. Aweful.
You HAVE to wait to Thursday to start partying.

oh and for emphasis:

Gah! This is what you get, i cant get my self lynched even if i ask for it!~;)

Csargo
10-04-2006, 05:52

Edit: No im not drunk at this particular time

I'm not sure if I should laugh it off or take you seriously.

Are you telling the truth:inquisitive: don't lie to the smiley

Kagemusha
10-04-2006, 05:55
I'm not sure if I should laugh it off or take you seriously.

Are you telling the truth:inquisitive: don't lie to the smiley

But Csar my friend are you now talking about lying about my innocence,drunkness or use of smileys? There are so many possibilities that its making me dizzy.:2thumbsup:

Lord Winter
10-04-2006, 05:56
Theres no chance of catching the mafia the first round, so might as well vote for someone who wants to be lynched.
Vote:Kagemusha

Csargo
10-04-2006, 05:58
But Csar my friend are you now talking about lying about my innocence,drunkness or use of smileys? There are so many possibilities that its making me dizzy.:2thumbsup:

Why not all three?:inquisitive:

P.S. Don't lie to the smiley

Kagemusha
10-04-2006, 05:59
Destroyer of Hope Now here is a guy who can respect wishes of poor old Kage.:bow:

Edit : Csar my friend now i have to saddly inform that its time for me to pass out. I will continue monitoring the situation once i wake up again.~:cheers:

discovery1
10-04-2006, 06:04
[~:cheers:

Drunk, definitely.

Drisos
10-04-2006, 06:20
lol! I've made myself suspicious even before the first murders..:laugh4: I did better in SR's game..

well indeed sasaki it's the same here again: most people bandwagoning on your suspicions..

Vote: Sasaki Kojiro

why? well.. I want to survive. I don't really think you're a mafioso, but the chance is bigger that you are than that I am... since I'm innocent.:balloon2: :P and you've gotten a couple of votes already too so it's my best shot.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 06:24
Theres no chance of catching the mafia the first round, so might as well vote for someone who wants to be lynched.
Vote:Kagemusha

It's doubtful Kage is mafia, therefore it's a waste to lynch him.

@Drisos-you have no defence? No answer? :shame:

Avicenna
10-04-2006, 08:13
Posting so that it is not too little or too much has gotten me through four mafia games with only two total votes against me.

Pff, only because you left game two. ~;)

Oh, another observation of mine:
Destroyer of Hope posted?
(no offence meant) He usually never participates in games he joins, such as mafia. I remember all he ever did was post once to join then never again in the thread. In the Will of the Senate game he's also taken up a very good avatar, ignored all PMs I sent him to play or give up the character and in the usual manner just not gone. This makes him highly suspicious IMO.

AggonyDuck
10-04-2006, 10:07
Vote: Kagemusha

Well I will obey his wishes and it stops me from having to vote on someone who doesn't want to die. ~:)

Sigurd
10-04-2006, 10:52
Hmm, you guys are on the roll there about the heavy metal and Chemistry thing.
Discovery is sure a candidate because of his line of study. I remember chatting with him about his study. There were a couple of others there that majored in Chemistry. If I could only remember who they were.

The killing of Silver Rusher is interesting though, maybe done by someone wanting to get back at Silver for some reason.
The write up is somewhat indicating poor English skills, with other words someone that have English as their second or third language.
I believe Silver got on the wrong foot with Ultrawar in ‘The Thing’ game.
It could be that Ultrawar want to get back at Silver for calling him a poor game-host. Or it could be a setup to frame Ultrawar by someone also noticing this.

Let’s hear what Ultrawar has to say.
Vote:Ultrawar

Leet Eriksson
10-04-2006, 11:00
Vote: ICE

Doing it in solidarity with disco.

doc_bean
10-04-2006, 11:24

-The osmium thing
-he didn't die first round
-Ice didn't get killed, which would have been a perfect disco frame up

:bow:

Ignoramus
10-04-2006, 11:32
"That post could have been the kiss of death for you, Leet." That is what Silver posted just after the game started. We have to think why Silver Rusher and Tiberius were killed.

I think that Leet and Discovery are the mafia. Leet killed Silver because he made that post, and Discovery is the most likely person to know about osmium.

Notice that Leet strangely emphasizes Ice's name.

Unvote: Drisos

discovery1
10-04-2006, 13:25
You people are all aware that my major, aerospace engineering, would require me to know about LIGHT materials, not something dense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmium

Because of the extreme toxicity of its oxide, osmium is rarely used in its pure state, and is instead often alloyed with other metals that are used in high wear applications. Osmium alloys such as osmiridium are very hard and, along with other platinum group metals, is almost entirely used in alloys employed in the tips of fountain pens, phonograph needles, instrument pivots, and electrical contacts, as they can resist wear from frequent use.

Osmium tetroxide has been used in fingerprint detection and in staining fatty tissue for microscope slides. As a strong oxidant, it cross-links lipids by fixing biological membranes in place. Futhermore, osmium atoms are extremely electron dense, making OsO4 an important stain for transmission electron microscopy (TEM) studies of a wide range of biological materials. An alloy of 90% platinum and 10% osmium (90/10) is used in surgical implants such as pacemakers and replacement pulmonary valves.

The tetroxide (and a related compound, potassium osmate) are important oxidants for chemical synthesis, despite being very poisonous.

In 1898 an Austrian chemist - Auer von Welsbach - developed the Oslamp with a filament made of osmium, which he introduced commercially in 1902. After only a few years, osmium was replaced by the more stable metal tungsten (originally known as Wolfram). Tungsten has the highest melting point of any metal, and using it in light bulbs increases the luminous efficacy and life of incandescent lamps.

The light bulb manufacturer OSRAM (founded in 1906 when three German companies; Auer-Gesellschaft, AEG and Siemens & Halske combined their lamp production facilities), derived its name from the elements of OSmium and wolfRAM.

Do you see any aerospace applications in there?

Dragon Slayer, I keep logs so here is that conversation:

Dragonslayer: if I had played games in OUR time my wife would have I don't know...
*** Scorpi has signed off IRC (Quit: Horses seldom explode.).
The_Unlucky_Detective: showing off a lab coat? yeesh. they're all chemically stained and stinky after a couple labs, anyway
Dragonslayer: so, what are you guys studying anyway?
craziest_mother_around: there where holes that let the wearerr get to their pockets
craziest_mother_around: she thought it cool
craziest_mother_around: Aerospace Engineering
Dragonslayer: cool
Dragonslayer: finish soon?
craziest_mother_around: no
craziest_mother_around: still 2 years and a half left
craziest_mother_around: well
The_Unlucky_Detective: chemical engineering
craziest_mother_around: closer to 3
craziest_mother_around: Chem E?
craziest_mother_around: I hear that's really hard
craziest_mother_around: but also the highest paid of all engineers
craziest_mother_around: Chem E's are by the way not real engineers
Dragonslayer: 3 years left? for what grade?
craziest_mother_around: Know why?
The_Unlucky_Detective: meh, there's lots of chem, but the engineering isn't that hard to me
craziest_mother_around: under grad
The_Unlucky_Detective: not real? the heck you say?!
craziest_mother_around: It's not part of the UIUC College of Engineering
craziest_mother_around: part of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The_Unlucky_Detective: Obviously, tis the UIUC CoE that is in the wrong
craziest_mother_around: yeah
The_Unlucky_Detective: WHAT!?!?!?
The_Unlucky_Detective: lib arts and science?
craziest_mother_around: born from the chem dept
The_Unlucky_Detective: gah
Dragonslayer: what line of work do you get with chem e?
craziest_mother_around: anything apparently
craziest_mother_around: I've heard they even do electrical engineering work
Dragonslayer: farmacy?
The_Unlucky_Detective: loads of different jobs
Dragonslayer: research?
The_Unlucky_Detective: oil industry, manufacturing of certian stuff, etc.
Dragonslayer: ok
Dragonslayer: My wife is in her second year of Pharmasutical(sic) engineering..
craziest_mother_around: which is what?
Dragonslayer: I think that is what you would call it in English
Dragonslayer: I am not sure
craziest_mother_around: I have no idea what that would be.
craziest_mother_around: What does she study exactly?
Dragonslayer: You get a master and become a pharmasist
Dragonslayer: the ones that runs pharmacies
craziest_mother_around: they mix the pills?
Dragonslayer: you know making medicine
Dragonslayer: yes
craziest_mother_around: k
Dragonslayer: what do you call it in the US
craziest_mother_around: same thing apparently
craziest_mother_around: I would have called them chemists
craziest_mother_around: but apparently not
Dragonslayer: it is called farmasøyt here
Dragonslayer: you need to study 5 years to become one
The_Unlucky_Detective: well, i gots to get going to my Chem E class of all things. Cya
craziest_mother_around: 5 years may be more typical
*** The_Unlucky_Detective has signed off IRC (Quit: The_Unlucky_Detective).
craziest_mother_around: Cya
craziest_mother_around: for engineering degrees
Dragonslayer: I finished school in 2003
craziest_mother_around: yeah
craziest_mother_around: what in?
Dragonslayer: no ... it is a masters
Dragonslayer: I have a masters in IT

The unlucky detective is crazed rabbit, who happens to be a Chem E. Hmmmm. Edit: YOu may also want an electrical enginer, since this stuff is apparently used in electronics.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 13:29
Interesting developement

Drisos
10-04-2006, 13:40
Well Ig, it sounds logical, (even though as discovery said it does not entirely fit into his 'major'.. I still bet he knows enough about it) Though, I don't think he would've been able to supress the temptation of killing ice first round..

Sasaki, sorry, I thought the case was lost for me anyway. and in the past, defending yourself has only led to more suspicions and almost all of the time - execution. anyway..

"Reprimanding your fellow mafioso (Masy?). This kind of post has been a trend in the other mafia games, I can dig up examples if needed. The mafioso or person with a role mentions something like this indirectly and it doesn't get noticed."

"I'm willing to bet the mafia is at their most careless at the beginning of the game. I believe that was a slip up by Drisos.

Masy's posting time/Kill posting delay is also worth looking at in the future."

Well... what should I say? It's not true? hmmm that won't help. hmmm I'm quite a perfectionist. if I was mafia I would definitely take more care of my posts.. make sure there's nothing different then normal, and nothing suspicious at all. I was just trying to do something positive for the townspeople for once (after continously voting wrong in Mafia III and the godfather) and do more 'searching' less 'bandwagoning'. I figured that at least one of the mafia had been among the people that hadn't been online yet since the beginning. however sadly 'something came up' (that'll make me more suspicious lol) and I couldn't find the time to check the people's profiles. looking through the posting times Masy seems indeed suspicious though.

I don't think this'll help. And I'll probably be executed.

So to the people that wish to take close look on the game and really do the investigating work (Silver Rusher, Sasaki, more?...) - I was not guilty! Of course, I can't do nothing to prove it, sadly. But keep it in mind... I was not mafia. That knowledge might one day help in solving who are mafia.

Good luck, townspeople. I'm truly sorry for my big mistake so early on... (making myself look suspicious and getting myself executed for it)

:skull:

Avicenna
10-04-2006, 14:06
You're still the craziest mother around?

Sigurd: english as a 2nd or 3rd language is common here, and doesn't necessarily indicate bad english. English isn't exactly my first language, but I'd willingly bet that mine is far better than many native Englishmen.

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-04-2006, 14:56
I think that voting for Disco on the basis of the osmium thing is a really bad idea. Given that he has been killed at the beginning of the past two games, I imagine that if he were mafia in this one, he wouldn't be in a great rush to go throwing out clues which would seem to lead back to him. In fact, if the Mafia aren't completely stupid, I think it's safe to take that as a red herring.

So far the arguement I've found the most convincing has been Sasaki's, but I'm loath to simply jump on one of his bandwagons again, as last game he turned out to be the mafia mastermind, and lead me a merry dance, culminating in engineering my lynching due to my lack of participation. Nevertheless, there's never anything to go on in the first round anyway, so I provisionally Vote: Drisos. This may change, but I wanted to have a vote in place in case I couldn't get back in time for the end of the window.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 14:57
Unvote:Drisos

That's good enough for me.

Vote:Destroyer of Hope

Tiberius is right, you haven't participated in the last few games, how come you post now?

Voting for Kagemusha is an easy out. Very safe.

I don't buy disco, as he points out Crazed Rabbit is a more likely candidate using the weak logic that he has been accused with.

I'd also like to know what Masy has to say.

Kommodus
10-04-2006, 15:06
So Kommodus you went to the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor?

Heh, no bro, I just live in the state of Michigan. I went to LTU, a college most people probably haven't heard of.

Anyway, that argument about somehow not knowing about osmium because you're an aerospace engineer sounds hollow. In fact it sounds rather like one of the arguments I tried (unsuccessfully) to make in Mafia III - giving out personal information in an attempt to provide an alibi.

Sasaki, I realize this argument is rather weak, but it still somehow seems better than voting for Drisos.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 15:15
Sasaki, I realize this argument is rather weak, but it still somehow seems better than voting for Drisos.

Hey, no worries. What we need to avoid is the pattern from previous games, with one reason being supplied and everyone voting based on that, and that person not defending themselves because "that makes them seem overly defensive". I'm glad you started something on disco, adds more depth to this round. We're on 7 pages already.

Drisos
10-04-2006, 15:54
Unvote: Sasaki Kojiro

Seems like I still have a chance of living - lol! that'd be the first time someone defends himself and he survives? :balloon2: ~:)

hmmm I don't really know who to vote elseway... going with Disco or Crazed Rabbit doesn't feel right either.. basically the only one that did anything that seemed suspicious to me is Masy. gah! but that'd be 'going with' Sasaki again... hmmm.

* reads last line of posts again...*

Vote: Csar

Not much to go on - He's giving quite weird commentary.. It makes me suspicious.

Dutch_guy
10-04-2006, 15:55
Wow, page seven already. When I went to bed the kills weren't even up yet.

So, Disco seems to be the prime suspect because of his liking for chemistry. And Drisos seems to get bandwagoned because of some remarks - probably casual ones - that he made before the game started. Ok, well nothing stunning, the usual first-lynch randomness. Nothing special in that regard.

Anyhow, Silver and Tiberius were killed. Silver's house was demolished and he himself was killed quite thoroughly. The Killer took his time with him. Why would someone do that ? Well, maybe Silver killed his tormentor last game, in Sasaki's one, and was killed because of that ?

Tiberius' death seems pretty random, can't get any clues out of that one. Water ? Osmium ?

Everyone could have quick-googled ''heaviest metal'' and found that one, so I say we shouldn't put our money on such a clue. Which was put in the kill solely so that we would frame someone for it. Think about it.

Also, Sasaki, I know we shouldn't let other games influence this one, but don't think your seemingly selfless efforts in this game 'll guarantee your survival.

UltraWar
10-04-2006, 16:56
Hmm, you guys are on the roll there about the heavy metal and Chemistry thing.
Discovery is sure a candidate because of his line of study. I remember chatting with him about his study. There were a couple of others there that majored in Chemistry. If I could only remember who they were.

The killing of Silver Rusher is interesting though, maybe done by someone wanting to get back at Silver for some reason.
The write up is somewhat indicating poor English skills, with other words someone that have English as their second or third language.
I believe Silver got on the wrong foot with Ultrawar in ‘The Thing’ game.
It could be that Ultrawar want to get back at Silver for calling him a poor game-host. Or it could be a setup to frame Ultrawar by someone also noticing this.

Let’s hear what Ultrawar has to say.
Vote:Ultrawar
This is a intresting theory. It could be three things:

A)Me framing myself
B)Someone framing me
C)Me framing myself but being a mafiaso which would be dangerous for me to do as I would be a mafiaso but would hope that no-one picked up on it.

If I killed Silver Rusher, the Thing Game would have nothing to do with the killing.

It's just a shame I wasn't there when he was killed

Orb
10-04-2006, 17:18
I'm going to agree with Disco. What kind of name is 'Michigan' anyway?

Crazed Rabbit
10-04-2006, 17:32
Pfft, a lousy frame attempt on me if it is even one. I would've used white phosphorous and a tank of slowly draining water if I wanted a chemistry related death.

On the other hand, DoH's inconstant behavoir and easy vote for Kage are suspect.

Vote: Destroyer of Hope

Sasaki, I wouldn't jump on Drisos too much for not mounting a 'defense'- the evidence against him is very circumstantial and flimsy.

Crazed Rabbit

Myrddraal
10-04-2006, 17:50
Hmm hmm hmm
Interesting developments. I've added a couple of names to my personal 'probably innocent/suspicious/no idea' list.

Personally I find Kage's behavior very odd. There have been a bit of meaningless friendly sparring in this thread (Are you a Mafioso then?/He's from Michigan!) and like I said, that's all fairly meaningless. But Kage leapt into one of his own, insisting he's the mafia and wants to be lynched. A lot of people have seemingly dismissed him because of that.

It would seem a big risk to take as a mafioso, but one that is likely to pay off. The 'I haven't been lynched yet' is a good excuse not to commit suicide, and diverts attention (by joking) away from him. I find it all very suspicious.

Drisos' defence felt fairly resigned and also genuine. Either he's engineered that post very well, or he's innocent. I'm tending towards innocent (for now :evilgrin:).

I think the Osmium is a false lead. I think someone has clearly gone out of their way to include it. Even a ChemEng wouldn't use Osmium in a mafia game. I think the more we ignore that bit of the post, the better. Though it does mean (in my oppinion) that someone in the mafia is deliberately trying to throw us, which isn't going to make things easy.

I also think that Ultra's language (I base this oppinion entirely from the Thing thread) doesn't fit that of the kill post. Let's face it, the 'pound' sounds like a spell check correction, and the grammar of that post is more smooth than the grammar Ultra uses in his Thing thread (nothing personal Ultra :wink:).

To be honest, despite the strange behavior of Kage it's not enough for me to vote for him (it doesn't help his case though). Most of those who have posted long arguments have strengthened their cases in my eyes, which makes those who vote for bad reasons (those voting Ice for example) are the most suspect to me.

My Grandad once insisted to me that not voting was a vote for the extreem party, and I fear in mafia games that's all too true, but I can't find any individual high up enough on my 'suspicious' list to be worthy of a vote. So unfortunately:

UnVote:Drisos
Vote:Abstain

Divine Wind
10-04-2006, 17:51
Kagemusha requested to be hung by the neck, which would be an odd tactic to use by the mafia so it is pointless voting for him.

Discovery and Ice voting each other every game would be a good cover for a few rounds, until one of them ends up dead, and then we can see how they change tactics.

Sasaki mentioned earlier on in the post about Drisos possibley slipping up seems a more logical vote. If the Mafia do make any mistakes, it will tend to be early on in the game, when they have a high percentage of surviving, and feel less inclined to think before they post. Therefore my vote goes to Drisos.

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-04-2006, 17:59
Hmm, well. I must say that I do get a genuine feeling from Drisos's post. However, he could just be playing us, and I really can't think of anyone else to vote for. So, my vote stands, even if I do think Drisos is innocent, as you never know, and abstaining wouldn't acheive anything.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 18:31
Sasaki, I wouldn't jump on Drisos too much for not mounting a 'defense'- the evidence against him is very circumstantial and flimsy.

Crazed Rabbit

I unvoted him when he defended himself and said as much.

Hmm hmm hmm
Interesting developments. I've added a couple of names to my personal 'probably innocent/suspicious/no idea' list.

Personally I find Kage's behavior very odd. There have been a bit of meaningless friendly sparring in this thread (Are you a Mafioso then?/He's from Michigan!) and like I said, that's all fairly meaningless. But Kage leapt into one of his own, insisting he's the mafia and wants to be lynched. A lot of people have seemingly dismissed him because of that.

It would seem a big risk to take as a mafioso, but one that is likely to pay off. The 'I haven't been lynched yet' is a good excuse not to commit suicide, and diverts attention (by joking) away from him. I find it all very suspicious.

This "lynch me" behavior has been done before and the person turned out innocent. Often came very close to being lynched. People won't forget about what he said, he'll always be a possible lynch choice.

I suspect he was just trying to have some fun.

I think the Osmium is a false lead. I think someone has clearly gone out of their way to include it. Even a ChemEng wouldn't use Osmium in a mafia game. I think the more we ignore that bit of the post, the better. Though it does mean (in my oppinion) that someone in the mafia is deliberately trying to throw us, which isn't going to make things easy.

I agree. It's worth examining red herrings because you can learn something from them, but to vote on it is a fallacy.

@Dutch Guy--What's selfless about my behavior? I'm having a blast.

Oh and General H (or somebody) could we pleaaaaaaaase get a vote count?

Avicenna
10-04-2006, 18:40
You know, I checked wiki and you're all wrong!

Osmium isn't densest. It's just one of the densest. However, it can be googled because it is widely known as the densest. I think in space though, somehow osmium is defeated by iridium.

Anyway, further reading in this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmium) (at applications) reveals the apparent lack of chemical knowledge by the mafioso. Osmium is extremely toxic, and rarely is used in its pure form. Also, as you would naturally expect from an extremely dense metal, it is very very very hard and brittle. You could not loop it around a person's neck without it snapping. Even if by some miracle you could, the toxic would probably be enough to kill them, and you wouldn't hold on. Why? BECAUSE IT'S TOXIC AND HARD! It would probably have cut the neck somehow and entered the bloodstream, or if it's potent enough even just burn right through the skin. It's also highly unlikely that someone can rip it apart when deprived of an oxygen supply.

Hence, it's probably someone trying to frame disco. However, he's an engineer who has no need of knowing the dense elements well. As he's an engineer, he'll be interested in smelly physics anyway. He probably wouldn't know this much about osmium, and so wouldn't include this detail. He'd be too busy playing DD and playing with his shrunken head to look it up as well, IMHO.

Masy
10-04-2006, 18:52
Here’s my take on the game so far:

I don’t think Drisos’ post has much significance, it seems as if me and him were put under suspicion for being the only people to make some comments at the start of the game. His comments were a bit suss, but I don’t think it’s enough to warrant a vote.

Voting on basis of osmium? I did a google search for heaviest metal and got osmium and iridium as my results. I believe these little things are just placed to keep us guessing.

As for Destroyer of Hope, I know why people would see his post as bit odd, but I understand why he’s done it; he isn’t sure of who to vote for, and doesn’t want to incur any anger, so votes for someone who seemingly wants to go (I did the same myself in SR’s Godfather, I voted for Ultrawar when he voted for himself)

Kage could be using some reverse psychology, but I don’t think a Mafioso could be that transparent. Nevertheless, he is my main lead at this point, purely for the oddness of his post (why sign up for a game and then want to leave in the first round?).

So i Vote: Kagemusha

Silver Rusher
10-04-2006, 18:53
Unvote:Drisos

That's good enough for me.

Tiberius is right, you haven't participated in the last few games, how come you post now?

Voting for Kagemusha is an easy out. Very safe.

I don't buy disco, as he points out Crazed Rabbit is a more likely candidate using the weak logic that he has been accused with.

I'd also like to know what Masy has to say.
My lord Sasaki, you couldn't have shot yourself in the foot more with this post. As the game's most active participant, I would expect you to recollect that in The Godfather, Destroyer_of_Hope voted every single round until his death. In fact, he was one of the game's most active participants himself.

Nice work Tib, that trap seemed to work very effectively.

~:smoking:

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 19:22
He was in The Godfather? No way.

ou know, I checked wiki and you're all wrong!

Osmium isn't densest. It's just one of the densest. However, it can be googled because it is widely known as the densest. I think in space though, somehow osmium is defeated by iridium.

Anyway, further reading in this article (at applications) reveals the apparent lack of chemical knowledge by the mafioso. Osmium is extremely toxic, and rarely is used in its pure form. Also, as you would naturally expect from an extremely dense metal, it is very very very hard and brittle. You could not loop it around a person's neck without it snapping. Even if by some miracle you could, the toxic would probably be enough to kill them, and you wouldn't hold on. Why? BECAUSE IT'S TOXIC AND HARD! It would probably have cut the neck somehow and entered the bloodstream, or if it's potent enough even just burn right through the skin. It's also highly unlikely that someone can rip it apart when deprived of an oxygen supply.

Hence, it's probably someone trying to frame disco. However, he's an engineer who has no need of knowing the dense elements well. As he's an engineer, he'll be interested in smelly physics anyway. He probably wouldn't know this much about osmium, and so wouldn't include this detail. He'd be too busy playing DD and playing with his shrunken head to look it up as well, IMHO.

Now that's very interesting. So it was a poorly done frame or a massively clever, pretending to be poorly done frame. Hmm, still not very useful.

Orb
10-04-2006, 19:23
You know, I checked wiki and you're all wrong!

Anyway, further reading in this article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmium) (at applications) reveals the apparent lack of chemical knowledge by the mafioso. Osmium is extremely toxic, and rarely is used in its pure form. Also, as you would naturally expect from an extremely dense metal, it is very very very hard and brittle. You could not loop it around a person's neck without it snapping. Even if by some miracle you could, the toxic would probably be enough to kill them, and you wouldn't hold on. Why? BECAUSE IT'S TOXIC AND HARD! It would probably have cut the neck somehow and entered the bloodstream, or if it's potent enough even just burn right through the skin. It's also highly unlikely that someone can rip it apart when deprived of an oxygen supply.

Very interesting, Tib, I notice that Sigurd Fafnesbane and Kommodus appear to be the first to point the finger at Disco, specifically.

Unvote: Ice
Vote: Sigurd Fafnesbane

Myrdraal, if by punctuation you mean the comma spam in most of the kill reports, that's mine. I love commas, and I'm not going to stop that anytime soon. ~:)

Silver Rusher
10-04-2006, 19:29
He was in The Godfather? No way.
When attacked like that I would expect a feignt of ignorance and an attempt to quickly move on to another point like that from a mafioso.

Avicenna
10-04-2006, 19:32
You know, with this incredible rate of vote changing, round one will never end and the MVFJA members (me and SR) will die old and alone.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 19:37
When attacked like that I would expect a feignt of ignorance and an attempt to quickly move on to another point like that from a mafioso.

I dismissed your charge because it has no substance. Why would I feign ignorance of Destroyers posts in the Godfather Game? It's called motive, and without one you have no case.

Silver Rusher
10-04-2006, 19:38
Why would I feign ignorance of Destroyers posts in the Godfather Game?
Easy: you couldn't think of a better answer.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 19:43
Easy: you couldn't think of a better answer.

Errm, what? I mean originally. When I voted Destroyer.

Avicenna
10-04-2006, 20:07
Giving the next round a victim.

GeneralHankerchief
10-04-2006, 20:12

Gah!

All I'm going to say is, don't take too much from the kill post itself. It was written by me, and the grammar errors were mine. All I did was implement the mafia's methods.

2 hours until voting ends. Tallying should be fun...

Myrddraal
10-04-2006, 20:18
All I'm going to say is, don't take too much from the kill post itself. It was written by me, and the grammar errors were mine. All I did was implement the mafia's methods.

Ah that's interesting. So does that mean the mafia specified Osmium or was that your own addition?

doc_bean
10-04-2006, 20:19
Tiberius is right, Osmium would be an odd choice for an engineer. We tend to work with more common elements, or at least elements we know more about (hey, I just took what people said about Osmium for the truth, what the heck would i ever need it for ?).

This sounds more like the work of an early high schooler with a bit of a passion for science. Ultrawar was a big fan of things ending in -um in the Thing game. That makes me a bit suspicious of him. Also, in his post he doesn't deny he's mafia, just that he didn't kill Silver (doesn't matter since he would have killed Tiberius).

Unvote: Discovery1
Vote: Ultrawar

Now as for the other killing I have no clue. It's pretty elaborate, it's pretty violent, and it's totally over the top. Who hates Silver that much ?

GeneralHankerchief
10-04-2006, 20:19
Without revealing too much, I will say that the mafioso specified osmium.

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 20:41
@Tiberius-pshh

Gah!

2 hours until voting ends. Tallying should be fun...

Could you possibly list who voted for who and who didn't vote when you do the tally? Would be handy.

Avicenna
10-04-2006, 20:59
Just as a note for those who didn't notice: the mafia specified osmium, which means that he would have assumed osmium was malleable and soft, which it obviously isn't being hard and brittle. I hardly think that he would have just said 'osmium'. It was specified to be a lynching. What else could he have done anyway? make an osmium sword? That would be too public for a mafia.

So, we can still know that the mafia was not knowledgable of the chemistry of osmium. Or that he was pretending not to be, which seems overly clever, and I don't think we have any chemists here who would obviously know osmium back to front anyway.

Drisos
10-04-2006, 21:05
Drisos' defence felt fairly resigned and also genuine. Either he's engineered that post very well, or he's innocent. I'm tending towards innocent (for now :evilgrin:).

hehe indeed. If I would be mafia.. that would be very well engineered indeed. Seems like I'm even surviving the first lynch! :2thumbsup: hurray ~:)

I also think that Ultra's language (I base this oppinion entirely from the Thing thread) doesn't fit that of the kill post. Let's face it, the 'pound' sounds like a spell check correction, and the grammar of that post is more smooth than the grammar Ultra uses in his Thing thread (nothing personal Ultra :wink:).

Well, I'm hosting a mafia game on another forum, and just noticed someone writing totally different then he usually did. (he used proper interpunction etc, instead of his usual 'slang') So Ultrawar might just be changing his language on purpose. However, his post didn't sound 'suspicious' to me.. he's talked like that before, being innocent.

My vote for Csar stands. I could change to abstain but it won't make a difference anyway..

my.. this game is getting really, really intresting already. Shame I don't have more time to spend on it.. :embarassed:

btw I haven't even counted the votes.. still wondering if I'll survive or not.. the execution should be up anytime now.. exciting! :book:

Drisos
10-04-2006, 21:11
Just as a note for those who didn't notice: the mafia specified osmium, which means that he would have assumed osmium was malleable and soft, which it obviously isn't being hard and brittle. I hardly think that he would have just said 'osmium'. It was specified to be a lynching. What else could he have done anyway? make an osmium sword? That would be too public for a mafia.

So, we can still know that the mafia was not knowledgable of the chemistry of osmium. Or that he was pretending not to be, which seems overly clever, and I don't think we have any chemists here who would obviously know osmium back to front anyway.

Nice work, Tib.:2thumbsup: me too, I don't see a real reason to suspect Disco because of this. I'd sooner suspect him because he's still alive, and Ice is in the game as well. (the mafia could've made an easy frame of ice... which worked before.. was that mafia I? I don't really recall. ~:) ) but that's of course not much to go on either.

So basically.. we have no ideas..:2thumbsup:

Csargo
10-04-2006, 21:12
@Tiberius-pshh

Could you possibly list who voted for who and who didn't vote when you do the tally? Would be handy.

Your asking a little much don't you think Sasaki. Hard enough to count a couple of votes in a thread but as many as he has to it would be kinda hard.

Disco is kinda suspicious to me and the people who are voting for Ice and of course you can never count out Ice using voting for Disco as a alibi.:book:

UltraWar
10-04-2006, 21:40
Unvote: Destroyer of Hope
Vote: Leet Eriksson

This is because on how suspicious Leet Eriksson is acting.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 21:52
Unvote: Destroyer of Hope
Vote: Leet Eriksson

This is because on how suspicious Leet Eriksson is acting.

Not a very good reason Ultra. You couldn't think of anything better?:inquisitive:

UltraWar
10-04-2006, 21:56
That is correct, yet is a little wrong

Silver Rusher
10-04-2006, 22:00
This is unbelievable!

5 pages in a single round of voting!?!?! Why couldn't my game have such active participation? :veryangry:

Csargo
10-04-2006, 22:03
This is unbelievable!

5 pages in a single round of voting!?!?! Why couldn't my game have such active participation? :veryangry:

I guess it's because GH is such a popular guy. His mafia games seem to be the most fun. Good job GH :2thumbsup:

Silver Rusher
10-04-2006, 22:13
I guess it's because GH is such a popular guy. His mafia games seem to be the most fun. Good job GH :2thumbsup:
I'm flattered.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 22:19
I'm flattered.

I've never played in your Mafia game so I wouldn't know how they are. Sorry if I offended you.:wall:

Avicenna
10-04-2006, 22:23
He's the original with a nice, simple system. 'Tried and tested'.

The most inactive, I found, was the overly complex system that Sasaki set up. Boggled me throughout.

You also contribute a lot with your own posting, which I guess was missing in the Godfather.

Silver Rusher
10-04-2006, 22:23
I've never played in your Mafia game so I wouldn't know how they are. Sorry if I offended you.:wall:
Oh, OK. And no, you didn't offend me one bit. Now let's all be happy. :medievalcheers:

Lemur
10-04-2006, 22:36
Is Dutch Guy around? If so, just tell me who he's voting for. He has an uncanny ability to be correct. As for the rest of the arguments, I'm feeling more heat than light. I really, really don't want to take a blind stab at a vote, 'cause I know how irritating it is to have somebody vote for you for no reason. Can somebody sum up the suspects for this round? Or is that even worth it?

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 22:38
Is Dutch Guy around? If so, just tell me who he's voting for. He has an uncanny ability to be correct. As for the rest of the arguments, I'm feeling more heat than light. I really, really don't want to take a blind stab at a vote, 'cause I know how irritating it is to have somebody vote for you for no reason. Can somebody sum up the suspects for this round? Or is that even worth it?

You're pretty much suspect Numero Uno I'm afraid.

GeneralHankerchief
10-04-2006, 22:38
Ok, everyone :stop:

The voting has now ended. I'm going to tally them.

See you in a week :dizzy2:

Edit: Execution will be in a new post.

Csargo
10-04-2006, 22:41
You're pretty much suspect Numero Uno I'm afraid.

True dat:2thumbsup:

GeneralHankerchief
10-04-2006, 22:57
We have a tie vote. I'm not going to bother writing an execution scene until someone actually gets executed.

Here's how it will work: You can only vote for Drisos or Kagemusha (or abstain). All votes are wiped. You have a little less than 24 hours.

Here is the vote tally for Session 1:

Drisos: 4 (Divine Wind, Big King Sanctaphrax, King Henry V, Byzantine Mercenary)
Kagemusha: 4 (Kagemusha, Destroyer of Hope, AggonyDuck, Masy)
discovery1: 3 (Ice, Kommodus, Ignoramus)
Ice: 2 (discovery1, Leet Eriksson)
Sasaki Kojiro: 2 (Sir Moody, Csar)
UltraWar: 2 (Sigurd Fafnesbane, doc_bean)
Destroyer of Hope: 2 (Sasaki Kojiro, Crazed Rabbit)
Csar: 1 (Drisos)
Sigurd Fafnesbane: 1 (Orb)
Leet Eriksson (UltraWar)

Abstained: 6 (Evil Maniac From Mars, Cowhead418, Reenk Roink, Lemur, Myrddraal, Dutch_guy)
Didn't vote: 2 (Zalmoxis, The Spartan)

Csargo
10-04-2006, 23:00
Abstain

Sasaki Kojiro
10-04-2006, 23:05
Bah, we have to choose between innocents?

Vote:Drisos

I'm not inclined to humor Kage's request.

Lemur
10-04-2006, 23:07
Sorry, I don't have enough information to vote, and I'm not cool with executing someone at random. Since GH has stated that we may abstain I'm going to do so.

[edit]

Changed to Vote:Kage

Crazed Rabbit
10-04-2006, 23:21
Vote: Drisos

He seems the more guilty of the pair.
CR

PS - thanks for recording who voted for who GH- it's super useful for making a spreadsheet.

Big King Sanctaphrax
10-04-2006, 23:21
I suppose I might as well be consistent.

Vote: Drisos.

Kommodus
10-04-2006, 23:42

Asking to be lynched has shown itself to be one of the best ways to avoid being lynched. Also, I still think Drisos is innocent.

Sir Moody
10-05-2006, 00:09
Vote: Kage

Drisos has defended himself well enough to satisfy me... for now

Myrddraal
10-05-2006, 00:17
Vote:Kage

More suspicious behavior, I'm more inclined towards giving him the chop than Drisos due to both their posting attitudes.

Reenk Roink
10-05-2006, 00:21
Reenkistien abstains...courteously... :bow:

Evil_Maniac From Mars
10-05-2006, 00:50

Zalmoxis
10-05-2006, 00:58
That was quick, I'm gone for a day and there are 5 pages of posts...
Abstain, since I didn't read absolutely every page.

Byzantine Mercenary
10-05-2006, 01:38
i think Kagemusha asked to be lynched because he knows that (as a townsperson) that it is the best way to avoid death by mafia (they will keep him alive as he is likely to be lynched in their stead)

so im provisionally going for Drisos, i might change my mind...

Cowhead418
10-05-2006, 01:44
Bah, it seems I'm not here for the lengthy discussions, only afterwards. Anyway, here are some comments I'd like to make:
1. BKS, a lynching will not always be in the town's interest, especially in the first few rounds when there is little to go on. We are almost certain to lynch an innocent the first round, and that helps the mafia.
2. Destroyer of Hope did vote every round until his death in the Godfather. When I was choosing him as my target I remember being surprised that he had no warnings.
3. While I don't believe that either Kage or Drisos are mafia, I think we shouldn't take a chance with Kage. Remember, in Mafia III Lemur voted for himself and survived to the end. He may very well be just having fun (and I believe this to be so), but it could be a tactic to draw away suspicion, though it is a very risky chance to take. Vote: Kagemusha

Sasaki Kojiro
10-05-2006, 02:02
1. BKS, a lynching will not always be in the town's interest, especially in the first few rounds when there is little to go on. We are almost certain to lynch an innocent the first round, and that helps the mafia.

Nooooo why do people always say this. It's always in the towns best interest to chance a lynch. If we don't lynch they are going to kill innocents anyway. We have 32 peeps I believe. We can lose two each round, or we can lose 3 each round with a small chance at a mafioso.

Scenario 1: First three rounds we abstain. 6 innocents die.
Scanario 2: We lynch two rounds in a row. We have a 1/30 and a 1/27 chance of killing a mafioso. If we don't 6 innocents die.

Now which is better for the town? LYNCHING

Myrddraal
10-05-2006, 02:20
Since a lynch is going to happen anyway I guess it isn't essential to vote this round, but in general it's in the towns interest to lynch.

Lord Winter
10-05-2006, 03:44
Oh, another observation of mine:
Destroyer of Hope posted?
(no offence meant) He usually never participates in games he joins, such as mafia. I remember all he ever did was post once to join then never again in the thread. In the Will of the Senate game he's also taken up a very good avatar, ignored all PMs I sent him to play or give up the character and in the usual manner just not gone. This makes him highly suspicious IMO.
I've been trying to fix this. I was active in SR's game and I'm trying to be active in this one. For mafia two I was out of town when I got lynched and had no chance to defend myself. I was lynched early in mafia III, before I took time to look at the thread. I admit that I made a mistake in not giving up my character in the will of the senate.

I still vote for Kage I would rather lynch someone who wants to die then someone who might be useful latter in the game.

Cowhead418
10-05-2006, 03:48
Nooooo why do people always say this. It's always in the towns best interest to chance a lynch. If we don't lynch they are going to kill innocents anyway. We have 32 peeps I believe. We can lose two each round, or we can lose 3 each round with a small chance at a mafioso.

Scenario 1: First three rounds we abstain. 6 innocents die.
Scanario 2: We lynch two rounds in a row. We have a 1/30 and a 1/27 chance of killing a mafioso. If we don't 6 innocents die.

Now which is better for the town? LYNCHINGI see what you mean, my point was more of what evidence is available in the first few rounds. More rounds means more evidence and a more likely chance of a mafia making a mistake and possibly accidently giving away clues. Though, looking at the scenarios, you are right that lynching is better for the town. There is no other way to kill a mafioso, and hoping the Wrath of GHC will kill off an idle mafia isn't reliable or likely.

Drisos
10-05-2006, 06:33
Truly I'm not really suspicious of kagemuscha.. but like I said before I know I am innocent and I can never be sure about him being innocent. I just hope I'll stay alive and get the chance to actually vote for a mafioso for a change..

Vote: Kagemuscha

Kagemusha
10-05-2006, 08:04
It seems that im about to be executed.:2thumbsup: When i signed in i knew that i wouldnt possibly have enough time to play the game to the fullest so i thought to give a little boost for the start with my little stunt. I think that in the end game one should study carefully the reactions of the players in the first round, becouse i think some of the participants are likely Mafia. From my personal experience i can tell that Mafiosos are highly intrested on the game becouse of their self intrest and so are easily sucked into grazy conversations like i started. But enough of the ramble and good luck to all in the game!~:cheers:

doc_bean
10-05-2006, 08:06

Honouring his request.

Ignoramus
10-05-2006, 12:53

Avicenna
10-05-2006, 13:52
You know, you could have just asked GHC to kill you WoG style.

Lemur
10-05-2006, 14:35
Sasaki's right. As much as I don't want to lynch an innocent, it's our only real shot at getting the mafia. I'm going to be a good lemur now and vote. Sorry for my abstentions -- call it a moment of weakness.

Vote:Kage

Dutch_guy
10-05-2006, 15:06
Well, I'm abstaining for now. Enough people seem to be willing to honor Kage's request (why he doesn't just comit suicide is beyond me) and wasting a vote on Drisos while the score is 11 - 3 in his favour seems a bit useless.

Sigurd
10-05-2006, 16:10