PDA

View Full Version : Can M2 destroy buildings?

I Am Herenow
07-29-2007, 09:39
I know you guys said the RTW script can only damage buildings and not totally destroy them (hence your problem with government type buildings), but can the M2 script now destroy buildings totally? I'm just wondering whether you'll be able to get rid of the "rebuild enemy government" cheat/problem in EB2.

Also, maybe you should only damage the government type buildings that aren't actual buildings? I.e. those that represent a state of affairs between the faction leader, and leave actual buildings (e.g. the Romani ones, if I'm not mistaken) in tact, and leave the player to destroy them. I'm saying this because if there was a large administrative building in the city you've just conquered, it wouldn't crumble to the ground the moment you set foot in the town.

Megalos
07-29-2007, 10:27
I know that if you have a religion that differs from a target settlement, once you conquer it the religous building dissapears.

As far as other buildings are concerned I have no idea, however it may be possible in some limited forms like the example above.

Mega

I Am Herenow
07-29-2007, 16:41
Interesting - but surely if the Vanilla script can get rid of a building under a certain circumstance, then the EB team will be able to edit that script to get rid of buildings under different circumstances?

Olaf The Great
08-07-2007, 12:50
I know that if you have a religion that differs from a target settlement, once you conquer it the religous building dissapears.

As far as other buildings are concerned I have no idea, however it may be possible in some limited forms like the example above.

Mega
So, if each faction gets a "religion" you could assign the Governments to be the temples :)

I Am Herenow
08-07-2007, 13:38
But surely the command could be used in a broader sense - because if you have something like "IF AI_RELIGION NOT = PLAYER_RELIGION THEN DELETE MOSQUE" in the Vanilla script (I made the code up BTW, I have no idea what it actually says - or, indeed, what language it's in), then surely if there is a specific command to totally get rid of a building (in my made-up programming language I used "DELETE"), it can be used in whatever situation, not just in the situation it appears in in the Vanilla game (in my case, an IF...THEN).

Foot
08-07-2007, 13:41
We really don't know, and we can't really speculate as to how it will work. Once our scripters can get finished with EB1 stuff, then we can start researching the scripting commands in MTW2.

Foot

BozosLiveHere
08-07-2007, 17:11
There is no such thing. The destruction of religious buildings in vanilla is not done by script. We could try to see if we can make the engine believe government buildings are churches, but I wouldn't count on that.

Patriote
08-07-2007, 19:41
What about taking a look at the MTW engine?? At the end of battle, I can't remember if it is only sieges or battles in the field too, some building were completely destroyed while some others were damaged (meaning that they lost a level of technology)

Game engines are probably very different from each others but maybe there is something that could be done with that.

Foot
08-07-2007, 23:23
What about taking a look at the MTW engine?? At the end of battle, I can't remember if it is only sieges or battles in the field too, some building were completely destroyed while some others were damaged (meaning that they lost a level of technology)

Game engines are probably very different from each others but maybe there is something that could be done with that.

Anything that exists in MTW has no bearing on what exists in the RTW engine. We know the capability of the RTW engine, the features of MTW are completely different.

Foot

Patriote
08-08-2007, 00:00
ahhh that's too bad

Though this could help you guys

sorry :embarassed:

SigniferOne
08-08-2007, 01:28
From my researches, it's impossible to destroy buildings in M2TW still, as valuable as it would be to have things otherwise. Maybe in Kingdoms...

Zasz1234
08-16-2007, 16:24
Just throwing this out there but if the religious buildings do get destroyed you could use them to represent culture. Like the Hellenic states all have the same "Culture" so if they capture from each other it is not problem but if they take over something roman they need to build a new government since it is so different from their own. I am sure it was easier for various barbarian factions to exchange villages but if the romans came in it was a big deal and needed a total re-working of the systme of government.

Megalos
08-17-2007, 00:50
That's a good idea, I'm not sure how many religion's are allowed though.

Mega

Zarax
08-17-2007, 15:57
In XGM we did that with 3 religions, not 100% effective or realistic but still it helps a bit against blitzing...