Thread: Iam unable to play mongol faction n M2TW

Default Iam unable to play mongol faction n M2TW

In Medieval 2 total war

I unlocked the mongol faction by changing the txt file and it shows in the single player campaign but it says do not translate and when i press play it crashes to desktop. All other factions work fine for me including papal states but unable to play

mongold aztecs timruids.

kindly help i wanna play mongol and timruids.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Iam unable to play mongol faction n M2TW

Moved to MQ
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I may be wrong, but I believe the problem is in the fact that the mongols and timruids only appear as a faction in the game after a certain amount of game time coupled with the fact they don't own any settlements. So when you try to start the game they don't exist yet. The aztecs are hidden and I think they are frozen or something like that in gameplay until the americas are discovered. All of the others factions are there and set from the beginning which is why you can play as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator_Brutus
    I may be wrong, but I believe the problem is in the fact that the mongols and timruids only appear as a faction in the game after a certain amount of game time coupled with the fact they don't own any settlements. So when you try to start the game they don't exist yet. The aztecs are hidden and I think they are frozen or something like that in gameplay until the americas are discovered. All of the others factions are there and set from the beginning which is why you can play as them.
    Yes what you said is right . Is there any way so that i can change the date so that it starts with them but even then i dont understand how they have all those units when in desc_strat it shows under mongols and timruids as dead_until_resurrected . I mean no units are described there.Then how in the game do they appear with units even at later age.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Yes what you said is right . Is there any way so that i can change the date so that it starts with them but even then i dont understand how they have all those units when in desc_strat it shows under mongols and timruids as dead_until_resurrected . I mean no units are described there.Then how in the game do they appear with units even at later age.
    Look in the descr_campaign.txt and descr_events.txt.