Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hax's Great Faction Swaps

Default Hax's Great Faction Swaps

Greetings, young padawans!

Today, Strategos Hax will inform you of his newest project. He calls it:

The Great Faction swap

This is how it will go. Some factions will be swapped around with others. The current ideas are:

Koinon Hellenon - Basileion tes Bosphorou (the Kingdom of the Bosphorus)

Epeiros/Baktria - Pergamon

Saba'en - Meroë / Numidia

Arverni/Aedui - Thraikia

Arverni/Aedui - Galatia

Casse - Belgae

Koinon Hellenon - Massalia

Koinon Hellenon - Syrakousai

Of course, Strategos Hax would be most pleased if anyone of you would give their ideas. At the moment, I'm getting tired of using the third person, so I'm busy with the Kingdom of Bosphoros. However, I'm not sure whether to give them mounted bodyguards (and even then, classic Hellenic bodyguards or steppe noble cavalry) or dismounted bodyguards (taking the classical Somatophylakes Strategou).

Till we meet again, friends

-Hax

Basileion Bosphorou (v0.7)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/136991767/Bosphorou.rar OUTDATED
    Belgae: (v0.7)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/188668433/Belgae.rar
    Pergamon: (v.071)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/203752321/Pergamon_0.71.rar

===========================================================================

Pergamon - v0.71

Features:

New faction Pergamon
    Somatophylakes Strategou for Pergamon
    Unique victory conditions for Pergamon
    New family tree for Pergamon

Download link found above.

Next release:

Diplomacy altered, alliance with Arche Seleukeia, Baktria, Pontos and Pahlava, war with Ptolemaioi.
    Last edited by Hax; 03-03-2009 at 18:29.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Default Re: Hax's Great Faction Swaps

Update #1:

Basileion tes Bosphorou.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finally I've managed to get everything to work properly. Now it's just about changing the names of the faction guys (which gives CTD's, strangely) and changing the skins (I guess I'll take the Baktrian ones, as they have about the same colour.

I like the idea, but I don't really see the need for Thrake, Galatia nor a Chersonian Kingdom.

What I do in my EB is rename Arverni to Galli, Aedui to Belgae and Qarthadastim to Numidia once i've captured Kart-Hadast, it works like a charm.

Nah, it's not really a need, but it's more like if people want to play with Pergamon, f.ex, or the Bosphoran kingdom, they can easily download the files from here instead of swapping everything around.

Great idea !

hope to see more of this soon
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I may be biased, but I think Epeiros is a perfect fit for Pergamon. Loss of them doesn't really upset much anywhere else in the game either. Let's face it, had our game started in 270BC, Epeiros wouldn't even be a faction. Unlike the removal of Baktria, which would destabilise the far east.

Galatia really isn't rich enough to support a faction with one province.

On the other hand Thrakia (starting out with Tylis and/or Naissos) definitely is.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 07-12-2008 at 00:00.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

I agree with you there, Quintus, on the Epeiros part. However, putting a faction in Galatia with perhaps also Bithynia would make them rich enough as well as pose a threat to everything there.

At the moment I'm quite stuck with a weird bug that won't let me load or save when playing the Bosphoran campaign.

Also:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Hax; 07-12-2008 at 00:39.

Brilliant going, Hax! I wouldn't even know where to start. I hope the next one you do is Epeiros and Pergamon.

What's the deal with the units, though, existing ones in the same RZs?

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Did you actually do the description and VC´s yourself for just this, or are they part of a greater project to make the Basileion tes Bosphorou a faction in EB2? And no, I don´t expect a serious answer to that question.

Great going, hope to see more (and use this thread as a spotting ground for EB2 factions, mohhaha (unless of course they do it on purpose to make us think these are the factions, but in truth they aren´t (or maybe that´s what they want me to think (or perhaps, that has actually been their goal all along)))).
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Will this encompass changing recruitment as well? For example removing phalanx units from Pergamon's roster, perhaps adding Galatian Heavy Spearmen and Galatian Tindanotae to it?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

As of the moment, I'm nearly done with the Bosphoreans.

Did you actually do the description and VC´s yourself for just this, or are they part of a greater project to make the Basileion tes Bosphorou a faction in EB2? And no, I don´t expect a serious answer to that question.
    I did everything myself, though it wasn't really that difficult. Most difficult thing I think was changing the victory conditions map of Pontos to the one we use now.

Will this encompass changing recruitment as well? For example removing phalanx units from Pergamon's roster, perhaps adding Galatian Heavy Spearmen and Galatian Tindanotae to it?
    At the moment, I haven't really started with Pergamon, but it is very likely I will add this in as well. I'm also working on traits and that kind of stuff, so instead of it just looking like a migration campaign with a faction it will look like a real faction.

Edit: Also, I'm really in need of some help on the Galatians, specifically their rulers.
    Last edited by Hax; 07-12-2008 at 17:41.

This is a brilliant idea and mod. Might try it when 1.2 comes out. I think you should give Sparte and Athens huge garrisons and standing armies though so Macedon will still have some challenge in southern greece.

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Hax you would have had the same issues as myself looking at what you're doing, please check this thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=105200
    Cheers

I wouldn't take KH out of there, I'd replace (even though I love them), Baktria for the Bosphorian Kingdom. Similarily, To create the Boii/Early Vandals (forgotten their real name), I'd put Arverni/Aedui up there.
    Epieros I would put as Pergemon, and move Saba over to Numidia. To make life more enjoyable, perhaps put a landbridge between England and France? Just my $0.02...

Thing is, I have already taken the KH out of Hellas, for this reason:

Easier recruitment stuff for the KH (I hardly have to change anything there, seeing how the Bosphoros was a classic Hellenic state)

I suppose... but now Hellas itself is going to be fairly inbalanced, unless you have a Satres-type charachter there to protect it. Haven't a clue as to how you'd go about it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Che Roriniho View Post
    I suppose... but now Hellas itself is going to be fairly inbalanced, unless you have a Satres-type charachter there to protect it. Haven't a clue as to how you'd go about it though...
    That's the way to do it, it's not too difficult if you simply copy and modify the existing parts of the EB script, and possibly add a trait or two to the EDCT.
    As Dumbass said, southern greece should be heavily garrisoned to both represent the city states and prevent the Maks from turning into a superpower.

This is what I am doing at the moment. I've got a few problems with spawning characters there, but hopefully it will all work tomorrow.

I wonder if there are any guys around who are willing to help me playtest this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    This is what I am doing at the moment. I've got a few problems with spawning characters there, but hopefully it will all work tomorrow.

I wonder if there are any guys around who are willing to help me playtest this?
    I've got about 3 EB installs as it is so adding one more couldn't hurt (plus might help me pin down your governments problem if I've got the files if you are unable to fix).
    Count me in anyways....

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Will we have an option to choose which factions to replace?

Or is that too complicated?
    Last edited by Reverend Joe; 07-13-2008 at 00:04.

Perhaps in future releases I will also make an installer which gives you the option to choose which ones you wish to replace. As for now, I'll just upload files with the backup, yo.

This is an awesome idea. More power to ya.

Hmmm What about make Lusotannan another faction? Like the Boii.

And to those who mentioned a Satres character. Phyrros of Epeiros..lol

BTW make the Spartan one have a beard and be called Leonidas, please, for me?.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

interesting.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

excellent work Hax i have been seriously thinking about doing a galatian mod for the casse. since they pretty much hang out in the tin isles away from the other powers. I have played many fun galatian campaigns with war on all sides and managed to hold back both silver and gold death, pontus, and maks at the same time. Gotta love all the mines in asia minor!!!!!!!

Casse for Galatia is indeed a very interesting idea. Thank you.

BTW make the Spartan one have a beard and be called Leonidas, please, for me?.
    Perhaps I will, haha.

Hax,

please do Galatia. I desperately need a counterbalance to yellow death in Asia Minor, and I'm tired of them swallowing up antioch, pontus, and armenia by 250bc

Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    Hax,

please do Galatia. I desperately need a counterbalance to yellow death in Asia Minor, and I'm tired of them swallowing up antioch, pontus, and armenia by 250bc
    I suspect given Galatia's lamentably poor economy, Pergamon is a much more effective counterweight. Especially since the stuff on the western tip of Anatolia is very rich indeed.

the thing is i did give casse the brihentin bodyguard. i find it justified because of the bodyguards of the ptolies, selucid, pontus, and hai bodyguards. I tweaked them just a tiny bit aswell not much though!!!!! playing with the chariot bodyguard in galatia would be very interesting indeed though. Was never a fan of the chariot (i am not disrespecting anybody on the eb team at all for the chariot). i just prefer inf or calvary!!!!
    Last edited by Khazar_Dahvos; 07-13-2008 at 17:26.

What about removing the Saba faction and getting back the events? Would this be a possibility?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast