Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Swords in the Moon [Concluded]

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Swords in the Moon [Concluded]

~~Swords in the Moon~~

Japan, 1557, after the third Battle at Kawanakajima - Day 0, hour of the Dragon

After the failed attempt to take Iiyama castle, the Tiger decided it was time to go back home. While his army was getting ready to march back to the mountains of Kai, Takeda Shingen stared one last time towards the army of his nemesis, Uesugi Kenshin.

"And again, our conflict remains undecided. But I will get you next summer, Dragon."

Shingen turned his horse and galopped back to his army, giving the order to march.

~~~

Near Iiyama castle, that same day - hour of the Serpent

After months of battling, the Dragon of Echigo was exhausted. He sat down, thinking about the previous battles and all the good men he lost.

While he was sipping on his third cup of saké, Ayukawa Kiyonaga entered his tent. The general bowed deep for his Lord and waited for a sign.

"Speak freely, Kiyonaga-san," the Dragon said, a gentle expression on his face.

"Lord, these battles each year are drawing heavily on our resources. The mountain just doesn't move. Isn't it time to consider... other means?"

The Dragon's face became without expression when turned towards his trusted general.

"Dear Kiyonaga, only the fact that I hold you dear holds me from ordering you to commit seppuku right away. You are very well aware that I'm a true follower of the bushido-code and I will not lower myself to what you are suggesting."

Kiyonaga stayed calm and bowed deeply for his master. "Please, master, forgive me. I will not speak of this again." Kiyonaga paused, took a deep breath and continued: "Master, wouldn't you agree that it isn't always necessary for a servant to bother his master with asking permission for performing a task. Let's say, a task the master expects his servant to fulfill without the master having to ask his servant, because it's such an obvious task?"

The Dragon calmly looked at the general and replied: "Well, of course. I would even go further. I would expect an important general, like yourself, to be able to fulfill most of his duties without asking my permission. Sure, a report every now and then is necessary and obviouslym it would be foolish not to keep an eye on my most important generals, but all in all, you can pretty much do as you please, well except for ignoring a direct order."

The general nodded. "Dear Lord, forgive me my stupidity, but did you give me an order during this conversation?"

The Dragon looked puzzled. "No, I did not."

Kiyonaga bowed deeply for his master. "If my master would forgive me."

"What is there to forgive? Anyway, you have work to do, so you're dismissed now."

Kiyonaga bowed one last time and left the tent.

~~~

Kiyonaga's tent - hour of the Dog

Kiyonaga looked at the silent man sitting in front of him.

"Kato Danzo-san, the Uesugi clan has an important task for you. As you are well aware, the constant battles between my Lord and Lord Takeda Shingen are exhausting our resources. The Tiger of Kai has been an obstacle on my masters' path to glory for many years now and it has to be removed."

The mysterious man nodded silently.

Kiyonaga continued: "Allthough an excellent general on the field of honor, the Tiger is pretty predictable when it comes to his habits during the Winter season. He will probably spend his time in his yashiki (mansion) in Kofu, only surrounded by his best men. Bring me his head and you will be rewarded generously."

Kato Danzo bowed. "So it will be, Kiyonaga-sama."

The ninja master left the tent without making a sound.

Kiyonaga shivered.

~~~

1557 - Province of Suruga

Takeda Nobutora took his pencil and started to write:

Dear Nakayima,
    Dear Watanabe,

Many years have passed since my ungrateful son has taken control over the Takeda clan.

Revenge is a dish best served cold, they say.

Messengers brought me alarming reports about our clan. My foolish son is drawing heavily on our resources and it seems like he will eventually lose the war against the Uesugi.

You must take action, before it's too late! My son is unaware about your true loyalty.

Bring me the head of the usurper, Takeda Shingen! Once he has been taken care of, I will take control over the Takeda clan and I will appoint the misguided Nobushige as my heir!

Keigu,

武田信虎.
    After he had finished writing, he walked towards the cages and attached the message to one of the pigeons.

Fly, little friend, fly.

The former daimyo sighed and called for his concubine.

~~~

Welcome to:

~~Swords in the Moon~~

a large mafia set in the period of Sengoku Jidai, as a tribute to the first totalwar installment.

Rules:

I. Basic mafia rules

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are several sides in this game, each with their own goal.

Basic mafia rules apply. For those new to mafia, I'll repeat them here, for your convenience:

Samurai are the "townies" in this game.

The "townies" are the innocent people and they have to lynch the mafiosi (in this game: the ninja) during the day. The mafiosi have to kill a set number of townies each night. When all mafiosi are lynched, the town wins. When all townies are dead, the mafia wins.

Each day or night phase will last approximately 24 hours. This may be extended or shortened due to real life circumstances of the host (that's me).

The townies have to decide during the day by voting who will get lynched. The person with the most votes, will be lynched.

Votes have to be made like this:

Vote : Andres

When you want to switch your vote, you have to do it like this:

Unvote : Andres ; Vote : TosaInu

Please remember to BOLD YOUR VOTES! UNBOLDED VOTES WILL NOT BE COUNTED! No exceptions will be made. Also, REMEMBER TO UNVOTE BEFORE SWITCHING YOUR VOTE; if you forget to unvote, your vote switch will be ignored.

Notes:

* In this game, voting "No Lynch" will be counted as an abstain vote.
    * When a tie is reached at the end of the day, the game host will randomly (as in "completely at random") lynch one of the players in the tie. In short: there will always be a lynch at the end of the day phase. Yes, yours truly is very bloodthirsty
    * regardless of your role, you are supposed to be active in the thread. Severe inactivity (no strict rule, but you can take not posting during 4 or 5 days as a basic rule) will be dealt with by WoG ("Wrath of God") which basically means that you'll be killed by the host.
    * breaking of any rule will also be dealt with by WoG and a handicap for your team.

II. Duel System.

During the day phase, next to voting, you also have the opportunity to challenge another player to a duel.

If you wish to challenge another player, then you have to do so in this format:

Challenge: Andres

Challenged do not need to be accepted and they cannot be withdrawn; so if A challenges B, then the A vs. B duel will be put on the list of challenges of that given round.

Only the first 4 challenges will be considered. The host will use random.org to pick one of the enlisted challenges.

A player can only challenge one other player each round. Being challenged however, does not mean that you cannot challenge yourself.

To make it clear: A challenges B. A vs. B will be put on the challenge list. A can no longer challenge another player until the next round. B however can still challenge any other player, including A.

The duels will be narrated at the end of the night write-up (the duels take place at the hour of the Rabbit (sunrise), before the new round of voting starts).

The duels are fought to the dead. However, it is technically possible for the duel to end in a draw. If such is the case, either both combattants will die or both will survive.

Every role will get a battle rating that will determine how good your role is at duelling. The outcome of the duel will be decided by rolling dice and luck is involved; which means that even the most insignificant samurai stands a change to defeat a master.

- this duel system was inspired by the Midgard Saga I & II, by Sigurd to whom I owe a very big thank you for sending me his excel sheet

III. Specific rules

* Revealing your role or character name "in private" (= outside of this thread) is not allowed.
    * It's not allowed to quote role pm's or night actions results in private. Feel free to quote all other pm traffic (and chatlogs/e-mails), including mine (unless I explicity state in a particular pm that you are not allowed to quote it) in the thread. You can quote/fabricate/forge anything you want both in public and in private.
    * Do not post screenshots.
    * The dead are allowed to talk in the thread, but cannot communicate about this game outside of it.
    * No post mortem reveal of role/night actions. no post mortem quoting/copy-pasting of pm's, chatlogs or any other non public communication ("non public communication" as in "communication that occured outside of this thread) you had while still alive. Paraphrasing, alluding, fabricating, forging is allowed.

IV. Roles.

- 1 ninja master - 3 ninja : they get 3 kills each night;
    - 2 traitors (loyal to Takeda Nobutora, Shingens' father : they get 1 or 2 kills each night;
    - Takeda Shingen : has certain abilities (secret);
    - 3 sword masters: they protect Shingen at night;
    - 1 shinobi : pro-town, secret abilities;
    - 2 geisha: pro-town,
    - 1 secret role
    - samurai - regular townies - some of them are more experienced in sword fighting than others.

V. THANK YOU
    - To my wife, for being so understanding and patient with her crazy husband.
    - Again to Sigurd, for giving me his Midgard excel sheet and summary which was a great help for setting up the duel system
    - To Olavi for creating my sig. It looks great

~~~

Sign-ups are closed !

Signed up (64):
    TinCow
    Thermal Mercury
    Quintus.JC
    GeneralHankerchief
    Iskander III
    FactionHeir
    Caius
    Shinseikhaan
    Glenn
    pevergreen
    Beefy187
    Ichigo
    Lord Winter
    Warluster
    White_Eyes:D
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Stephen Assen
    Peasant Phill
    Sigurd
    Kukrikhan
    Captain Blackadder
    Khazaar
    A Very Super Market
    Louis VI the Fat
    Gobbledygook
    Psychonaut
    LittleGrizzly
    Gregoshi
    taka
    Jolt
    ATPG
    shlin28
    YLC
    Reenk Roink
    Rhyfelwyr
    Beaver
    Olavi
    AggonyDuck
    El Diablo
    TiberiusBeskar
    atheotes
    Chaotix27
    Ibn-Khaldun
    CountArach
    Northnovas
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty
    Ignoramus
    Husar
    Death is yonder
    Tristan de Castelreng
    Chimpyang
    Yoyoma1910
    TosaInu
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Banquo's Ghost
    Crazed Rabbit
    Haudegen
    woad&fangs
    Xehh II
    SorBlade15
    ajaxfetish
    glyphz
    Dutch_guy
    Yaropolk
    Last edited by Andres; 04-18-2009 at 17:36.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: Swords in the Moon

It would be a sin to miss the 10th Anniversary game.

In

Blog Entries

How...interesting

Sexy for sure

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would never miss this!

In !

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

In.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In, naturally.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Downgradez :( Member Iskander 3.1's Avatar

Never done a Mafia game before, figured an anniversary game would be the perfect place to start! Count me in!
    Strikeout!

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    * Revealing your role or character name "in private" (= outside of this thread) is not allowed.
    * It's not allowed to quote role pm's or night actions results in private. Feel free to quote all other pm traffic (and chatlogs/e-mails), including mine (unless I explicity state in a particular pm that you are not allowed to quote it) in the thread.
    You can quote/fabricate/forge anything you want both in public and in private.
    So does the former or the latter apply if conflicting?

And no rule about Andres-like tally manipulation?
    Last edited by FactionHeir; 04-13-2009 at 19:36.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

In as never.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

In. Good show.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: AndresTheCunning aka AndrestheNOTSOCunning anymore

The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lynch: Beefy

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

In. Four games is going to be hard to juggle.
    Last edited by Lord Winter; 04-14-2009 at 04:55.
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

In.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

In....I don't want to miss this

In.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey I see my family symbol on that picture..

Didn't know my symbol was that famous

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will probably leave my semi-exile and will take this. I reserve the place for a day until I get answer from Andres. Once this is done, I will make my final decision.

Yes, I am afraid I will have to leave my Palaces and join the fray.

Sign,
    Ashida Sadamasa (Keeping the first letters from my name in the org.)
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 04-14-2009 at 08:14.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Like others, I can't miss the 10th anniversary game.

IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post

So does the former or the latter apply if conflicting?
    They cannot conflict

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    And no rule about Andres-like tally manipulation?
    I have no idea what you're talking about...
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

In!
    Status Emeritus

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster View Post
    In.
    Warluster? Is that you?

Where have you been!
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

In-ski, like Flynn-ski.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

in thanks

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

Looking for a Cul pRit Member Khazaar's Avatar

So des ka!

Khazaar Matsumoto shall join the noble defense of his Lord. IN

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaar View Post
    So des ka!

Khazaar Matsumoto shall join the noble defense of his Lord. IN
    Youkoso, Khazaar-san

Ja mata, TosaInu

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

In.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

So close to being able to re Member boudica's Avatar
    Apon passing under the main gate:~ Turn right at the Blacksmiths' then pass by the Brewery ~ Head past the fish market, through the square and it's the big hall with the skulls nailed to the door.

IN. plz

Follow the sorcerous carnage HERE!
    Come get your NEW RE_SIZED! Council of the Magi Teaser Sigs here!

Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast