Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa barbarorum Online Tournament!

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Default Re: Europa barbarorum Online Tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by blado View Post
    Seleucid and Egypt destroyed Bactria and Epeiros. and than Macedonia attacked and got destroyed. Koinon Hellenon still got destroyed though. I was still using EB to watch it but I was using the alex.exe engine
    Thats how it should have happened

Our middle infantry line was stronger but our cavalry was almost nothing and the flank guards were thinned out too. They had quite a lot cavalry and decent flank units. I knew if they didnt make tactical errors at the second confrontation they surely won. They did not, so we lost. It was an awesome battle to participate in.

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
    I'll join the Makedonia team.

Hey Irish, gonna be hard defeating the Macedonians now with Irish and Maion.

off roll:hi Phalanx300 nice to meet you
    Yeah nice to meet you, do I know you though?

Yeah nice to meet you, do I know you though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithick666 View Post
    wait Jebivjetar it is 25 mayo 2009 you just have to wait six days for the nexth month maybe you can join to to the tournament.

Oh,man, i really wish that, but my internet counter begins on 16. in month, so still, i cant join untill 16.06

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Yes indeed good review, nice reading it, what a battle my épirote general wont die, haha hes from Alexander famiy indeed... proud of you all. To bad you will not be playing untill next moth :(
    Will miss you on my right flank hehe i have some sreenshots too but i dont konw how to post it

Yeah, your general really rocked the field, and your molosson agema... i have no words but: exllcellent work And Maion really knows with phalanxes
    Anyway, next time i'll do some better balance of my army and be careful on the field so i wont die so quickly. Man, i've lost my general so fast i didn't know what happen! And these H/A s of mine just didn't need to be there at all
    Last edited by Jebivjetar; 05-25-2009 at 19:32.

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

Yeah people, excellent work everyone. It was a battle I will remember

Maion
    ~Maion

hello all again just want to say i will go with Èpirus in the tournament if its possible. Enjoying playing online with you all :P sign me up please :)
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; 05-26-2009 at 20:57.

Sign me up as Romani, please

I'm Hai so I'll go with Hayasdan please.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

I'd like to join this with KH

I see we have quite some participants. It'll be nice to see some awesome battles. Say, I actually play some battles from time to time with Tournament rules. Should I post any battles here?

Maion
    ~Maion

it wil be great man i have some battles replays with tournoment rules myself, but dont kown how to post it :P , still maybe better open a new thread with only battle stories made online, this remain for this tournoment?? i belive theres other people who had replays and screens from other battles too. well just a sugestion :P

αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν Member tsidneku's Avatar

Just a quick suggestion before you finalize everything. Maybe we could all schedule a several hour timeslot during a weekend to meet up and play all the matches, as opposed to letting each participant schedule their own matches.

While the latter does work, the previous tournament has proven that scheduling can prove to be a giant problem.

put me down for casse

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I'm going to propose that we set the final score to victories / members and make it so that you can only play against someone a limitted amount of time.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Actually, I've changed my mind.

I'll be Roman.

'Let no man be called happy before his death. Till then, he is not happy, only lucky." -Solon

Titus Magnus- Ptolemaoi
    Son of the Glorious Empire of Croatia
    traits: Distrusts Hairy Middle-Easteners, Reverant, Austere, True Roman.

Just so you guys know, the Parthia team has won with its 15 units of missiles. Anything short of phalanx box will lose.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 05-28-2009 at 02:30.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Just so you guys know, the Parthia team has won with its 15 units of missiles. Anything short of phalanx box will lose.

Can someone post a reply of that battle? I would really like to see that!

Makedonia & Ptolemaic Egypt vs. German & Portuguese barbarians:
    (IrishHitman & Titus vs. Duguntz & Knight of Heaven)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nh2i1amjtm2

It was quite a massacre.

Basically, the Hellenistic plan was to use the rock in Irish marshlands as a left flank while we fought the barbarians head-to-head. However, being barbarians, they decided to run to the cover of a forest.

Unfortunately for them, we weren't just going to waltz in there.
    We boxed the forest in on three sides and kept our cav moving on the other side, then advanced our pike phalanxes through until we made contact. They made desperate frontal attacks on the phalanxes, and tried a few things with their limited cavalry to no avail.

Attrition against the phalanx, flanking manoeuvres and a few Companion charges did the rest, and the barbarians ran en masse.

Don't be so down, we can spam Cretans :P
    Μηδεν εωρακεναι φoβερωτερον και δεινοτερον φαλλαγγος μακεδονικης

Cretans are elite and I can make a 5 Parthian Cataphract + 5 HA + 10 archer army or a 5 Cat and 10 HA army.
    Last edited by antisocialmunky; 05-28-2009 at 13:11.

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Yeah, we've been defeated and quiet easily... The worst is that I knew so much that the forest was too small and that opbvously we'd been boxed... then, another mistake, is that Lusothanian were on the Flank and me on the front... while his scutarii could have hold the line while my basternae would cut off their flank, we did the opposite and we've been... crushed... but it was a lot of fun! Anotherone is when I've been cutting KH in the woods I've been beatd again, but I slod my skin veeery expensive... Don't mess with germans in the forest! then... Irish came with hisstack still full (as he was watching from far) and we've been both cutted to pieces... (me and Knight of Heavens)... still, lots of fun!
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

I agree with you antisocialmunkey that we should count Cretans as elite units, along with Rhodians and similar units.

Also I had this idea:

We give each team 40k in a battle, and the battle will be full team vs full team. That way they will have to work together more and basicly act as one army.

We could give a 20 unit cap to each team to make it more fair and make it so that the army of the entire team has to match tournament rules. (This way a chain of command and pre battle army setup becomes more important)

See it as one army being commanded by either one or more persons.

Would anyone actually be interested for such a thing?

Edit: And guys feel free to post non tournament videos as well, will boost popularity of the tourney . Now play!
    Last edited by Phalanx300; 05-28-2009 at 15:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    I agree with you antisocialmunkey that we should count Cretans as elite units, along with Rhodians and similar units.
    Then I'll have to insist that certain HAs are elite as well.
    It simply isn't fair to cap the number of decent archer units on the Greeks if the enemy can spam missile cavalry.
    Nor is it realistic, as archers were never "elite" in Greek society...
    Last edited by IrishHitman; 05-28-2009 at 15:59.

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Then I'll have to insist that certain HAs are elite as well.
    It simply isn't fair to cap the number of decent archer units on the Greeks if the enemy can spam missile cavalry.
    Nor is it realistic, as archers were never "elite" in Greek society...

no it's different.. Because HA's are the mainstay of any nomad army, to top up them would be like toping up Phalanx for any Hellenes factions... if you want more archers as hellen, just use Toxotai, as they're the mainstay of greek archery and in history cretans were only used as mercenary, but of corse in their homeland... so it's fair to count them as Elite. However i'm not agree to count sligners as elites... even belaric, as the rule of the tournament state : no chevron nor any shit like that...

cheers
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Quote Originally Posted by Duguntz View Post
    no it's different.. Because HA's are the mainstay of any nomad army, to top up them would be like toping up Phalanx for any Hellenes factions... if you want more archers as hellen, just use Toxotai, as they're the mainstay of greek archery and in history cretans were only used as mercenary, but of corse in their homeland... so it's fair to count them as Elite. However i'm not agree to count sligners as elites... even belaric, as the rule of the tournament state : no chevron nor any shit like that...

cheers
    Toxotai are too underarmoured for effective use against HA spam.
    Regardless, I could just spam heavily arrow-resistent units then wait.

Hey guys, I decided to post here a battle fought between me and spiritusdilutlus. It was quite surprising, I didn't expect my phalanx army to win an Imperial Legion by attacking Oh, I guess we have our bright moments every now and then.
    http://files.filefront.com/maion+vs+.../fileinfo.html

Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 05-28-2009 at 19:55.
    ~Maion

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    Hey guys, I decided to post here a battle fought between me and spiritusdulus. It was quite surprising, I didn't expect my phalanx army to win an Imperial Legion by attacking Oh, I guess we have our bright moments every now and then.
    http://files.filefront.com/maion+vs+.../fileinfo.html

Maion
    Actually, phalanxes in attack are good, provided you know how to micromanage (which you obviously do), and provided the enemy cannot flank properly.

Actually, phalanxes in attack are good, provided you know how to micromanage (which you obviously do), and provided the enemy cannot flank properly.
    That is true, i made a battle with irish(makedonia),vartan(Hayesdan),KOH(èpirus) with spiritus(romani),ASC(romani) i use my phalanxes ofensive, i pin down their infantary while my cavalary goes against their cavalary, while vartan phalanxes surround then it made a sandwich, of pikes , well of course we were more still just to say phalanxes are very good ofensive they dont let enemy infantary move. :P heres the battle http://files.filefront.com/helenesra.../fileinfo.html
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; 05-29-2009 at 01:32.

Well, Imperial Legions have far more superior mainstay infantry than what I fielded. Their numbers were also superior, hence I very much doubted the outcome of the battle would be in my favour. But Hetairoi did win the day, after all

Not to mention you need very good reflexes and a lot of micromanagement, while defending is usually far easier and you have greater chance winning. Especially with phalanx-based nations like Makedonia.

Maion
    Last edited by Maion Maroneios; 05-28-2009 at 19:09.
    ~Maion

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast