Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl Help

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Girl Help

Sorry, I had to post it.

So, there's this girl on my volleyball team (rec. obviously) who was on my team last year. Last year though, she seemed to really like me, but the last game I was going to ask her out at was canceled.

I want to ask her out now (even though the season just started), and she still seems to be interested in me. The problem is: there's now 2 other girls I might wanna ask out as well.

So what's the best way to go about this? And how should I go about asking? If it's the other 2, how should I get to know them?

Replies before 6:00 PM Eastern time would be great, because practice is at 6:30.

EDIT: I can sing 'Anyway you want it' by Journey word-for-word. Don't know if that helps.
    Last edited by Prussian to the Iron; 09-03-2009 at 17:04.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: Girl Help

This thread has potential :popcorn:
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

You should really make your mind about who you want to ask out first. No point asking out one of them and then regretting it shortly after...
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

I don't know our age, but even if we suppose that you can handle three girls without making a juvenile fool of yourself, the four of you will probably end up friends and nothing more. If you want that one girl, you should make it clear to her that she is first choice by taking her out separately. Pronto!
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

that's why I'm asking; im not sure which. 2 of them are really pretty, but i know nothing about them. but then the 1 i've known since last year i know really well, and i know she likes me, but she isn't the best looker. I mean shes not ugly, shes just pretty average compared to the other 2.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Iron View Post
    EDIT: I can sing 'Anyway you want it' by Journey word-for-word. Don't know if that helps.
    No.. that would not help. It's a date, not a wedding proposal. Just do what Rhyfelwyr suggests, figure out who you're interested in and then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South
    This thread has potential :popcorn:
    I got you covered.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Pick one, ask her out within two weeks.

Any sign of indecision/interest in other women will kill you dead. If girl one realises you are eyeing two and three she will place you in either the "clueless" or "arse" bin. You might get out of the one, the other you will be in for life.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

so.....which should i choose? I'm really clueless here guys.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

I don't think any of us can answer that for you, in all seriousness. It's something you gotta decide yourself.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

play it safe and have lunch with all three. That's the thing with lunch. I can be, but it doesn't have to be.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Louis would say: Ask them out all at once, that's how its done in France!
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    play it safe and have lunch with all three. That's the thing with lunch. I can be, but it doesn't have to be.
    .....what?

invite people from volley-ball, which takes place at 6:30PM.....to lunch? when exactly would this lunch take place? only on the weekends obviously, and it would look weird taking 3 girls, 1 of whom i will ask out, to a place like Chili's, and even weirder at mcdonalds.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In situations like these, there's only one true answer you can count on: Chance!

You have three girls, right? And you only want to ask one out, yes? Obtain three coins. Assign each coin to a girl and proceed to flip all three in succession. Any coin that shows up as "tails" means you do not ask her out. Keep flipping until there is only one "heads" left. In the case that all remaining coins come up tails (or heads), simply flip again. In the unlucky case that all three come up tails on your first flip, that's God's way of telling you that you should look elsewhere.

Best of luck, and may the Chance Gods be with you!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

.....what?

invite people from volley-ball, which takes place at 6:30PM.....to lunch? when exactly would this lunch take place? only on the weekends obviously, and it would look weird taking 3 girls, 1 of whom i will ask out, to a place like Chili's, and even weirder at mcdonalds.
    How do you people eat a lunch? A good lunch is a light dinner in a classy establishment, with the added benefit of no strings attached. And I don't mean you should have lunch with them all at the same time lol, it's a good way to feel the temperature of the water, and hey it's just lunch easy to get away with, no risks all gain.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    Louis would say: Ask them out all at once, that's how its done in France!
    Surprisingly, yes, I would indeed. French don't do dates like Americans all that much. When you're young, you go out in groups more. I'd get some guys together for some fun night out and ask all these girls to come along. Then take your pick. If you want to start something, there needs to be a 'click', a connection. So in fact, you are not taking your pick, the mood and the circumstances will decide if there's some picking to do. Dates shouldn't be awkward and hard work. They should be about having some fun with some girls. If there's fun, everything else will come naturally. If it isn't there - then hey, it isn't there.

(Ask your friends to keep their filthy hands to themselves!)

Oh, and at some point, I for one would climb on a table, rip open my shirt and belt out that Journey song. Girls dig that stuff.

Or not.

Who cares. Have some fun.
    Last edited by Louis VI the Fat; 09-03-2009 at 19:04.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

that's why I'm asking; im not sure which. 2 of them are really pretty, but i know nothing about them. but then the 1 i've known since last year i know really well, and i know she likes me, but she isn't the best looker. I mean shes not ugly, shes just pretty average compared to the other 2.
    Pick the one you know and ask her to go see a movie/get dinner. Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Well, this tells us you aren't in love with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    Surprisingly, yes, I would indeed. French don't do dates like Americans all that much. When you're young, you go out in groups more. I'd get some guys together for some fun night out and ask all these girls to come along. Then take your pick. If you want to start something, there needs to be a 'click', a connection. So in fact, you are not taking your pick, the mood and the circumstances will decide if there's some picking to do. Dates shouldn't be awkward and hard work. They should be about having some fun with some girls. If there's fun, everything else will come naturally. If it isn't there - then hey, it isn't there.

(Ask your friends to keep their filthy hands to themselves!)

Oh, and at some point, I for one would climb on a table, rip open my shirt and belt out that Journey song. Girls dig that stuff.

Or not.

Who cares. Have some fun.
    Well, funnily enough... I would do exactly the same thing. Organise a group dinner, invite a whole bunch of guys and girls. It will make you lots of friends, and it will impress those girls when you pull it off.

So, Loius' advice is good.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds like John wants to have his cake and eat it.

You liked the original girl first and the most, then why not go for her? The other 2 might be "prettier" but who cares?
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Agreeing with this. Any girl worth keeping likes Journey. Also, date the one you actually know and like.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So two girls are pretty but you dont know them, one you do know, you like and you think she may like you.

Is this even a question?

Also, if you make your decision purely off how the other two look without knowing them, I will track you down and beat you.
    Last edited by pevergreen; 09-03-2009 at 23:53.
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

The other 2 might be "prettier" but who cares?
    99.9999999% of men world wide.

Seriously you gotta make your pick. Buthoneslty i would take out the one who has the greatest chance of saying yes. if you think they will all say yes then choose the nicest one. Ugh, i decided to go based totally off looks and i mean this chick was a looker, varsity soccer, homecoming queen, but she was a total biatch. Seriously, beautiful girl but i hated her attitude, oh and she was sort of dumb and i like a girl i can let my nerdy self out around not just my football captain side....

So to recap pick the nice one unless the pretty ones are nice too, then you always take the package deal.......

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    So two girls are pretty but you dont know them, one you do know, you like and you think she may like you.

Is this even a question?

Also, if you make your decision purely off how the other two look without knowing them, I will track you down and beat you.
    This isn't really good advice.

If you look at a girl and a "prettier" one comes up, and she suddenly has your attention, then the first girl doesn't have what you're looking for. Personality is essential, but so is sexual attraction. This isn't a question of looks, it's a question of which one can hold your attention in a room full of women.

Put simply, which one are you most attracted to?

This isn't a big brain or little brain question, it's a reaction one.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

Oooh what a juicy thread! So....how many more hours before we find out what happend?

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Well, if the nice one says no, you can always ask the next one.

Also, I hope the nice girl will get what a superficial **** you are and let you down.
    Last edited by Lemur; 09-04-2009 at 02:24.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus View Post

Also, I hope the nice girl will get what a superficial **** you are and let you down.
    oooo thats mean.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Mean? I wanted to add:

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio's thought
    ... but on the other hand, when the nice girl sees you fooling around with the attractive girls, she will see how attractive you are.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 09-04-2009 at 01:35.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not saying its a bad thing that the other girl is prettier, but for him to just go "Shes pretty, therefore better than this girl I know and like and is still pretty, just not as pretty."

Remember, looks go away.

edit: im trying to say that if he has a genuine interest in one of the other girls, great! go for it. But if its only because of how they look (which doesnt mean he can't get to know them, and then find out they are great) I think that is just not on.
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Mean? I wanted to add:
    oh. sorry. i thought it was a comment aimed at the general situtation. which it probably is anyways, but now i see your point.

heres my advice: pick one girl and run with her.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

BAH! what are you worried about - your not getting married to her - yet

go out with all of them - on different days/weekends

the first parts of a relationship are non-excluvise its well understood - while your sussing out if you like someone

besides, the fact that your dating one of the girls will make you more appealing to the others... it always does

and if theres one who interested in you.. it may spurn her into action before its too late

have fun .. its sounds like a great situation

dont take it seriously just as light hearted making friends and getting to know people and living life

man for you it doesnt rain - it pours
    Last edited by Yun Dog; 09-04-2009 at 03:46.
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

I want to ask her out now (even though the season just started), and she still seems to be interested in me. The problem is: there's now 2 other girls I might wanna ask out as well.
    Wait, so this is a problem?
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast