Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.4 General Gameplay Observations

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Default 1.4 General Gameplay Observations

And here's a thread for compiling general observations about 1.4. Here's my two cents after 2 hours of gaming today:

1. Is it just me? To me, the cavalry seems to be able to move much smoother (and more coherently) across the battlefield.

2. The main diplo trigger bugs seem to be gone.

3. If you try to blockade a port that has enemy troops in it + try to unload troops nex to that port, your fleet moves a bit and pops up a message "passage blocked". A very nice touch indeed! Congratulations, CA!

4. Missionaries finally matter... A single catholic missonary visiting my Rupert's land converted ALL my protestants and animists to catholic faith in a couple turns... Similarly, my missionary sent back ino the same territory converted it back to protestant faith in 3 turns. I personally like this gameplay adjustment.

In general, so far, I am quite pleasantly surprised...
    Last edited by Slaists; 09-23-2009 at 06:03.

Default Re: 1.4 General Gameplay Observations

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

Downloading the patch right now! I'm so excited :D so so far the black kngith AI/lots of DOWs is lessened?

I did get several DoW's playing as the Turkish. But part of that I suppose is that I barely had an army at the time and they thought that I was a paper tiger.

DoW List:

Russia (started the campaign with them at war)
    Georgia (crushed)
    Venice (taken Morae)
    Great Britain (they launched a naval invasion of Egypt)
    Morocco (attacked Barbary Pirates I came to their aid)

Both Venice and Russia came to me with ceasefire agreements when it looked like the tide was against them. But they wanted territorial concessions from me.

(Russia wanted Bulgaria I renegotiated and gave them Moldavia) and the Russo-Turkish war is now over (having never fired a shot.)

Considering that the Venetians are acting like a mouse that has challenged a Lion they will not last long, and I am not giving them any territory. (they wanted Bosnia)

As for the British after I retook Egypt and crushed the remnants of their army then they sued for peace.

After that I crushed the Georgians retaking Armenia then moving on to Tbilisi. Removing them from the game.

For the moment, I have Disbanded much of my army and am attempting to build up my economy at present and to start building a Navy in earnest. To start challenging the Venetians and the Moroccans on my terms, and to prevent a repeat of the Egypt fiasco.
    Last edited by Fiddling_nero; 09-23-2009 at 02:35.

It seems, after a port is blockaded, the trade now resets to other trade ports if those are available. I was playing as British and the Swedes blockaded my main trade port. In 1.3, this would have meant losing most of the trade income, not in 1.4... The only trade I lost was the one with UP (and it kind of made sense, UP is straight across the straights).

This is a major gameplay adjustment, in my humble opinion. Bravo, CA!

OK, a couple more observations:

1. City fortifications now can be dismantled. If they can be dismantled, I assume, they can be fixed (after a battle) too... This is GREAT!
    2. State gifts now start with +5 to relations, not +100 as they used to (for 2,500). Hey, this was a thing to be fixed too.
    3. Cavalry (at least the light variety) seems to be able to ignore fences and similar obstacles, charging at full speed across those. Hmm... I'm not sure I like this "tactical gameplay adjustment"...
    4. OK, it seems, AI now is able to kick out port raiders. That part has been fixed. However, now, the AI seems unable to realize it needs to FIX the raider ports...

All in all, there are quite a few major things that have been incorporated into the game that are not mentioned in the patch notes.
    Last edited by Slaists; 09-24-2009 at 04:12.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

City fortifications could always be dismantled you know.

Still witing for fixes to the Arc de Triomphe.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    City fortifications could always be dismantled you know.

Still witing for fixes to the Arc de Triomphe.
    LOL, I must have missed that

Anyway, I'm in 1725 as Britain, playing on H campaign difficulty. Here are the campaign highlights:

1. France owns most of the former 13 Colonies, but I am beating them back
    2. Portugal took Madrid. I guess, the fact that I was keeping the Spaniards busy from Gibraltar helped them to stay alive and succeed
    3. Portugal still owns Goa, UP still owns Ceylon
    4. France owns Tunisia, Savoy owns Algeria; I had nothing to do with those land-grabs
    5. Morocco allied with Spain and DOW'ed me as soon as I took Gibraltar
    6. UP took Paris. I guess, the fact that my fleet was keeping the French navy at bay in the Channel helped the Dutch (by cutting the French cash flow)
    7. As soon I landed a force in Morocco and killed their fleets, Morocco sued for peace. I did not want that province so I agreed. We've been at peace (and trading) for some 30 turns now
    8. After several naval defeats, Berbery pirates sued for peace. I agreed. We've been trading for about 15 years now
    9. AI does kick raiding fleets out of their harbors now. AI's is still kind of slow to fix those damaged harbors though, but they eventually get to it
    10. The Ottomans have not lost any of their original provinces and seem quite able to beat back any Polish, Austrian, Russian, Persian invaders
    11. The chain-shot rules the seas now. Try it out...
    Last edited by Slaists; 09-24-2009 at 15:28.

Is it just my game or has anyone else observed the campaign AI getting "paralyzed" around 1730'ies? The start of the game was very exciting with "stuff" happening all around. However, around 1730 AI factions suddenly stopped doing anything. Example: Iroquois are at war with me (Britain). They have full stack armies sitting in their towns, but they completely ignore my raiding parties in their territory. They have not even attempted to move anything into my territory. Spain has several full-stack navies (filled with Galleons) sitting in the Carribean. When I say sitting I really mean SITTING on the same spots without moving for a decade at least. Something seems funky. Usually (in the previous games), AI getting this paralyzed meant it was bankrupt. I figure, those galleon stacks must cost a fortune to upkeep. So, could it be, that by 1730'ies the AI's get broke?

On a positive note: it seems that the AI propensity for building fisheries is gone. In my game, Denmark has built a shipyard and a TRADING PORT in Iceland (that's their only remaining province)...

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Poland-Lithuania became a protectorate of Knights of St. John.

I never expected this to happen.

Generally overall, I like the AI better than what it was.

On the downside, it hates receiving territory (tried to fob some land off to minor factions because I didn't really want it for RP reasons, I am now stuck with it) and I am finding it hard to get protectorates, however, peace is far easier to get.
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-24-2009 at 21:57.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I've found that it's rather difficult to give a province to other nations. I've still experienced many DOW's from neighboring nations, but I expect it since I'm france and only half of my border cities have a garrison.

I think this AI is more passive; in 1706 I'm the only one who's captured more than a handful of provinces. I've also noticed that the game failed to give me several announcements of other random nations going to war(i.e. Prussia, Austria, ottomans)

The pirates in the caribbean are weaker now, I cleared out the coasts of Africa to get ivory easily because they were guarding it with two damaged galleons and a sloop or two. The AI still seems reluctant to send ships there, but I'm hoping I'm just not the only one low on cash.

The other nations are certainly more careful about garrisoning towns, and have not done too much raiding. As France I invaded the west half of modern-day germany, but Spain still owns Flanders and the Netherlands. They don't seem to want to help me fight against Prussia or all the other mini-Germans states, though, I'm somewhat disappointed about that.

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Agents seem to get traits more often and have a higher success rate. My initial rake as Russia had a %46 chance to kill the Ottoman imam in Bulgaria, where before few of them ever had above a %45 chance (although he still got executed on his first attempt :\)
    I also had a gentlemen get the 'Industrial Genius' trait out of nowhere, while researching military technology, while my rake got 'good listener' on turn 5 or so.
    Generals seem to get traits faster too...I guess that whole system's been tuned up. It doesn't seem to be at MTW2 levels yet, though.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ROFL, this is a funny story.

I realised I had my first campaign on very easy for this patch, I was thinking "That is weird.. I forgot to set it to VH".

I chose Prussia and I was thinking "Right, I will get a quick saxony, quick west prussia, hold off Poland while I do this and that".

So Basically first turns, I do that, turn 4, I was effectively eliminated.

Austria, Poland-Lith, Courtland, Denmark all declared war on me and Austria emplyed a big army, taking out brandenburg garrison (only had 2 horses, two militia, general and two cannons defending, since I had my mine army in Saxony), Poland-Lithunia, managed to do the same stunt and take out East Prussia. I was left with Saxony province which was red/red and in uprising with a half-a-stack army.

I was screwed over instantly. This AI isn't taking any stick now.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

A few more observations...

-Military access has definitely been devalued. Before I could offer access for just about anything and automatically get it. It was my main method for stopping Dagistan and Georgia from instaDOWing as Russia, by making them protectorates in exchange for unlimited access.
    Now, nobody wants military access from me except the UK, who offered me 714 gold unlimited access.

-The weird territorial deals are back. The UK wanted Karelia for Jamaica and an alliance.

Has anybody tried trading technology yet? I believe they said that it's value had been increased significantly. Hopefully that means that player tech is just as valuable to the AI as it's own tech, 'cause I don't think I ever got it to succesfully give me technology for anything short of 1 tech for 1 (valuable) territory.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
    Has anybody tried trading technology yet? I believe they said that it's value had been increased significantly. Hopefully that means that player tech is just as valuable to the AI as it's own tech, 'cause I don't think I ever got it to succesfully give me technology for anything short of 1 tech for 1 (valuable) territory.

I got offered a tech for alliance and I swapped a few but I was never able to buy one out right or to trade one for one.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

I bought that threshing machine and that secular humanism from the united states for around 55k gold
    I play Custom Campaign Mod with 1.2!
    My guide on the Family Tree - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87794
    Kobal2fr's guides on training chars to be
    Governors - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86130
    Generals - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87740
    Blue's guide to char development - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87579

GUYS.
    GUYS.
    OMG.
    OMG.
    OMG.

SOMETHING AMAZING HAPPENED JUST NOW.

Playing as Russia, I've been engaged in a war with Sweden since the start of the game. I snagged St. Petersburg and Finland from them, but they wouldn't accept peace. Finally, I figured I'd take out the last army they had sitting around in Finland. I thrashed them in a Heroic Victory, 1025 casualties to 85. Go Russian artillery!

Having done this, I set my Guards Army to march on Stockholm, but figured it'd be a long trip since I handn't had time to build a navy just yet, what with the two-front Swedish-Ottoman-Russian war going on. I demanded peace from Sweden. A price of a tech (Naval Shore Facilities) and 5000 gold.

They. Accepted.

You read that right, folks. The AI accepted peace on good terms for the person winning the war.

I haven't had that happen when I was kicking Spain and France's arses. I took over both of their capital regions, and neither will play ball with me.

edit- But, I did almost kill the Iroquois, that was until they offered peace, AND they wanted to become my protectorate.
    Last edited by Discoman; 09-29-2009 at 10:35.

Taking the capital region doesn't improve things, I've found. In fact, it tends to send the AI into berserker mode.

I did a test with the Ottomans. Declared war, took the Balkans from them and offered peace. They accepted with good terms for me. Reloaded and took Rumelia after thrashing all their armies. AI refused peace on any terms, including 10000 gold and some techs.

No real suprise when they need their capital region to win the game, however, I took Austria from the Austrians, and they did accept peace so obviously it depends on a few factors.
    I play Custom Campaign Mod with 1.2!
    My guide on the Family Tree - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87794
    Kobal2fr's guides on training chars to be
    Governors - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=86130
    Generals - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87740
    Blue's guide to char development - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87579

Light Infantry don't make the trudge sound anymore so they are great stealth troops.

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

I started my first campaign for a long time yesterday, to see what 1.4 is about.

The long brake certainly made me forget some of the old niggles and bugs and I'm really pleased to say that so far i've not noticed any such issues.

What i will be interested to know about (cos I'm sure some of you have got further with 1.4) is what starts to happen mid/late game when in 1.3 and earlier versions, erstwhile allies would starting hating you for no clear reason accessible to the player.

I still haven't forgotten my hatred for that bloody campaign AI bot...

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    What i will be interested to know about (cos I'm sure some of you have got further with 1.4) is what starts to happen mid/late game when in 1.3 and earlier versions, erstwhile allies would starting hating you for no clear reason accessible to the player.
    Yeah, I'm curious about that too, because it goes to the heart of whether a long campaign is enjoyable or not. I think it was established that in previous TW games, there's a "player hate" variable tied to how much of the map you control. It kicks in during the later game if you're doing well, on top of all other relations variables. I'm hoping that if this operates the same way in ETW, it operates separately in each theater, instead of on a whole-world basis. In other words, if you stay small in your homeland but expand in the colonies, you'll only trigger aggression from the factions where you're actually in territorial conflict in the colonies. It would be more realistic for one thing, and a better game instead of just universal aggression from all factions.

Right now I'm still early in a UP campaign where my goal is to hold just two or three core provinces in Europe, and do all my real economic/military expansion in the Americas and India. I don't want to expand in Europe, but I may have to, if I can't juggle diplomacy and threats in the homeland (and I just got attacked by Westphalia for no reason, so it's not encouraging). So we'll see how it goes...

Edit: P.S. I'm playing at Normal/Hard difficult to give diplomacy a chance. If it works at all, it will work at Normal campaign difficulty. It probably shouldn't work at H or VH, for players who like constant warfare and being forced to steamroller the map everywhere.
    Last edited by Zenicetus; 09-29-2009 at 18:29.
    Feaw is a weapon.... wise genewuhs use weuuhw! -- Jebe the Tyrant

Well, as far as I can tell, there is no other "built in" player hatred factor than the expansion penalty. If you expand fast, your expansion penalty sky-rocket. If you take your time, it's negligible.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zenicetus View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious about that too, because it goes to the heart of whether a long campaign is enjoyable or not. I think it was established that in previous TW games, there's a "player hate" variable tied to how much of the map you control. It kicks in during the later game if you're doing well, on top of all other relations variables. I'm hoping that if this operates the same way in ETW, it operates separately in each theater, instead of on a whole-world basis. In other words, if you stay small in your homeland but expand in the colonies, you'll only trigger aggression from the factions where you're actually in territorial conflict in the colonies. It would be more realistic for one thing, and a better game instead of just universal aggression from all factions.

Right now I'm still early in a UP campaign where my goal is to hold just two or three core provinces in Europe, and do all my real economic/military expansion in the Americas and India. I don't want to expand in Europe, but I may have to, if I can't juggle diplomacy and threats in the homeland (and I just got attacked by Westphalia for no reason, so it's not encouraging). So we'll see how it goes...

Edit: P.S. I'm playing at Normal/Hard difficult to give diplomacy a chance. If it works at all, it will work at Normal campaign difficulty. It probably shouldn't work at H or VH, for players who like constant warfare and being forced to steamroller the map everywhere.

Most everyone loved me up until I switched government types. That was a huge hit.

Starting out get all of the agreements you can. On normal most will hold the agreements, even if it is only trade.

I started one as GB without doing that and ended up with two DoWs on the first turn from tribes. But that was on Hard.

I started one as Austria on normal and got agreements with everyone on my borders and didn’t have a war until 1710. I didn’t try for protectorates starting off to save cash but found later in the game that it is near imposable for a human player to get a protectorate. On the other hand, Hanover and Württemberg have about three or four each.

For just about the first time I have been starting most of my wars. Prussia was the first to declare war and Hanover their ally joined in once I took Saxony, Spain of course declared war when ever a ruler died but most of the time I had to start something and I have likely been at peace as much as I have been at war.

I did have to switch to republic because I could not afford the garrisons and run the economy. Also once you hit bankruptcy it keeps building. on it self... It will wreck your home region!

The Pirates keep all the trade theaters swept clean until you can afford a big enough fleet to keep them at bay.

You will find that it is different.

I have gotten to about 1767 and am finishing off the tech tree but I never had more than 11 Gentlemen and for Rakes and Missionaries not even that.

I am sure there is a lot I have missed and the ins and outs will be different and there will be a whole new learning curve.

Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by Fisherking; 09-29-2009 at 20:43.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

It's 1720 now, in a new campaign, playing GB. No change of government right now. I am at war with spain since 1702, the rest was buisness as usual: Sweden declared war at hannover and russia on first turn. Austria is at war with Prussia, Prussia with the rest of europe ...

I gave Ruperts to the Hurons on turn 3 or so, after that a complete indian-french-spain-colonies war started and is going on right now. Netherlands conquered all 4 smaller islands from France and the Pirates, also New Grenada and New Andalusia. Pueblos took mostly the rest of southern america from Spain. France is at war with all indian tribes, except the Hurons, and they are holding right now just Quebec and Montreal in northern america... rest is gone. Cherokees and Iroquois are allied and steamrolling the europeans, colonies and the newly founded US.

In India it's completely buisness as usual, mughals and maraths are changing constantly provinces. Whole of europe is burning and GB is part of that. I sunk a french invasion fleet on irish coastline, but they were able to land an army. Ireland is now not longer part of the empire ...

The campaign started with known issues, i always had a certain breakpoint after 20 or so turns in all campaigns before. After that mostly no struggling in my plans, really easy going sometimes. I have to say, this time it's completly different. I am playing on normal, as always, with changes on victory conditions and money for every faction. And i did that also in campaigns before - this time it's really different and in some ways a bit weird. But fun!
    Von der Woge, die sich bäumet, längs dem Belt am Ostseestrand; Bis zur Flut, die ruhlos schäumet, an der Düne flücht'gem Sand;
    Gott ist stark auch in den Schwachen, wenn sie gläubig ihm vertrauen; Zage nimmer, und dein Nachen wird trotz Sturm den Hafen schaun!

Avatar made by Durango Signature made by 777Ares777 and proudly used by Marten!

The Red Tezcatlipoca Member Xipe Totec's Avatar

I am playing Poland-Lithuania for the first time (N/N). The starting position is very weak because you are surrounded on all sides by stronger major powers, have little income and cannot build many quality units for a while. It looks like a recipe for being partitioned by Prussia, Austria and Russia, not to mention Karl XII to the north, Ottomans and Crimeans to the South and allies Courland and Saxony who will surely drag you into wars or even join in the dismemberment?

Well I have reached 1735, and no-one has declared war on me!

Yes, you read that right. Even the Barbars offered me peace for free.

I let Prussia wade into Saxony, and just waved a piece of paper at the world. As soon as Prussia's Konigsberg army was outmatched by mine in Warsaw I swooped and took East Prussia. Some years later I allied with Austria (which has held for 25 years) and resumed peace and trade with Prussia. Prussia took Silesia off Austria so once my economy was strong enough I launched another war against Prussia and finished them off, netting Brandenburg, Saxony and Silesia. My faithful ally Russia is fully occupied battling my friendly trading partners Crimea and Sweden.

Wow for the first time in an Eastern Europe campaign I am not surrounded by countries that hate me. It may be Empire Total Peace but I like it. With 1.3 I always felt paranoid that my very friendly trading allies would suddenly strike at my unprotected vitals. Because they always did. After patch 1.4 it at least seems to matter what your relations are. Or has anyone has been stabbed in the back by a longstanding loyal ally? Let us know about it!

I did give some finest porcelain plates to Sweden though expecting a sudden shift in public opinion from hate to love as I'm used to. They were hardly moved to tears (+5 to relations). Now that's more realistic isn't it? No-one is fooled by 'Greeks bearing gifts' in international diplomacy, but it can 'tip the scales'.

There is an orange juggernaut moving towards Europe though so some things haven't changed.
    'I go forth about to destroy ... I am seen in the golden water; I shall appear unto mortals; I shall strengthen them for the words of war!'

Hymn of the High Priest of Xipe Totec.

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

yeah the peace settlements seem fixed now, as do the offers for tech, trade and land.

As Sweden, i refused to trade Ingria with Russia a couple of times so they declared war. Having taken Moscow, Kiev and 3 other provinces, I got a clean peace deal -leaving Russia with only their easternmost regions.

After peace, russia suggested trade and a couple of tech swaps which i agreed to. The alos offered more land swaps which I declined...

Russia is now sabotaging my Ukraininan towns so I guess this is either a phony war or a build up to another DoW...

So far so good! :D

Otherwise, Poland-Lithuania has practicaly gobbled Austria. France ended The UP, before it reappeared and went on to capture Westphalia and Flanders (but is only present in Europe on account of losing its capital earlier).
    Last edited by al Roumi; 09-30-2009 at 12:21.

To Xipe:

Playing as Austria H/H, other than war with Ottomans and Prussia (on and off) it was mostly peaceful in the middle of Europe. I was greatly aided by the fact that Prussia and P-L have been duking it out over 14 years....

The only tech swap I did was with Sweden, give 4 mid-level military (barracks) techs for 2 midlevel industrial upgrades. I did this for a few reasons. 1. I wanted to weaken Russia as it was at war with Sweden. 2. I needed industrial upgrades (and was focusing on military, but not naval upgrades). 3. I wouldn't be fighting Sweden anytime soon, and was hoping they would push Russia back and hopefully weaken P-L.

by 1755, I have a western wall of friendly allies: Bavaria, Wurtemburg, Genoa, and Savoy. Savoy took France, and the Alsatian rebels toppled the Frogs.... P-L is on friendly terms, but Bavaria and P-L are at war... Prussia has 2 territories, but is allied with Bavaria, I have the Balkans, sans Transylvania, plus Crimea, Ukraine, and the boot of Italy. Venice is a protectorate of Bavaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    ROFL, this is a funny story.

I chose Prussia and I was thinking "Right, I will get a quick saxony, quick west prussia, hold off Poland while I do this and that".

I was screwed over instantly. This AI isn't taking any stick now.
    I had a similar experience as Sweden yesterday. Dead in 1705 on VH/VH :)
    As before I would make sure someone gets into a few wars and attack them; Lithuania/Poland were attacked by Ottomans, Austrians and Prussia, so I chose them as a target.

I concentrated all my forces in eastern europe (bribed Demnark, got trade agreement, allied with prussia, etc). Attacked and captured Courland, Vilnius and Minsk. Got a Dow from Russia (as expected), killed off their attackers at StPetersburg and moved on towards moscow.
    Left a small force in Vilnius to kill off Polish raiders...

Then the BRITISH declare war on me! They land in SWEDEN (my capital region) with 1 full stack and 1 half stack; after letting the troops go, their NAVIES SINK MY NAVY. No way I can get my armies back now :(

Next turn the British capture Stockholm and - amazingly - leave the HALF STACK there and move the full stack back into the ships... and to Finland.... The goddamn AI was blitzing!!!!

Ok it did leave the troops in finland for 1 turn doing nothing, but there was no way I could get there in time...
    I must admit I quit the game; hopeless, after 2 stacks of russians showed up near moscow...

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alh_p View Post
    yeah the peace settlements seem fixed now, as do the offers for tech, trade and land.

As Sweden, i refused to trade Ingria with Russia a couple of times so they declared war. Having taken Moscow, Kiev and 3 other provinces, I got a clean peace deal -leaving Russia with only their easternmost regions.

After peace, russia suggested trade and a couple of tech swaps which i agreed to. The alos offered more land swaps which I declined...

Russia is now sabotaging my Ukraininan towns so I guess this is either a phony war or a build up to another DoW...

So far so good! :D

Otherwise, Poland-Lithuania has practicaly gobbled Austria. France ended The UP, before it reappeared and went on to capture Westphalia and Flanders (but is only present in Europe on account of losing its capital earlier).
    It would be better if Russia built a grand Alliance to get its land back.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Well I decided that since I've paid for the game I may as well give 1.4 a try. Unbelievably my PC shut itself off during a sea battle. Yipee!
    Harbour you unclean thoughts

Add me to X-Fire: quickening666

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast