Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Men's Hockey!!!!

Thumbs up Men's Hockey!!!!

CANADA VS. NORWAY, TONIGHT!!! You up for a slaughter, HoreTore?!

Naw, but seriously. I was so disappointed when Canada lost in the juniors against the USA for the gold. So ashamed, too. But heeeeey, those were just the young boys. Now we got the real men playing, and I'm confident we'll get the gold this time.

(Man, if we lose this first game, I'm jumping off the roof into a freakin snowbank or somethin')

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: Men's Hockey!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USA60NEW.gif 
Views:	108 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	419

Ready to run into a buzzsaw?
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Hockey is boring and uninteresting.

Magdalena Neuner just won the womens biathlon, now that is interesting! Tora Berger with a nice 5th place too, a very good run considering how far behind she started...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Quote Originally Posted by SFTS
    Ready to run into a buzzsaw?
    Blargh.

Hey, you wanna know somethin? I think international hockey is the closest thing to civic nationalism Canada manages to stir up in my bitter soul. That's kinda sad on the part of this european country.

Magdalena Neuner just won the womens biathlon, now that is interesting!
    Biathlon? What do they do for that, frog leaps and sing-alongs?
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 02-16-2010 at 20:14.

Magdalena Neuner
    Why doesnt everyone just Anglicize there names already?

THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT MANY VOWELS

Hey, you wanna know somethin? I think international hockey is the closest thing to civic nationalism Canada manages to stir up in my bitter soul. That's kinda sad on the part of this european country.
    Last edited by Strike For The South; 02-16-2010 at 20:20.

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Hahaha, that wouldn't be cool if I was a Canadian nationalist or proud of my citizenship in any way whatsoever.

But hey, USA is playing Switzerland right now. First period started just before I took a shower 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post
    Hahaha, that wouldn't be cool if I was a Canadian nationalist or proud of my citizenship in any way whatsoever.

But hey, USA is playing Switzerland right now. First period started just before I took a shower 10 minutes ago.
    Yea, we're already up 3-0

I really want A US-Russia Final (So I can See Ovi play) or a US-Canada Final (So I can Crosby get high sticked and watch as Ryan Miller drinks Canadas collective tears)

I fully expect us to roll through group

Final 3-1 USA, And it wasn't that close.

I feel gold

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

As long as Ovi, Semin, Backstrom, and Fleischmann don't get hurt, I'm happy. A US medal would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

Pal "I'm too good for the NHL" Grotnes has been lights out except for that third Richards goal which was weak.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Strike i want that picture in my sig now. give me the link.

ive been walking around my home and school talking about how cute canadians are and saying aye after everything that pic is just syrup on my bacon-ham, aye.

Why is canada in the olympics they are a state right?

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    Strike i want that picture in my sig now. give me the link.

ive been walking around my home and school talking about how cute canadians are and saying aye after everything that pic is just syrup on my bacon-ham, aye.

Why is canada in the olympics they are a state right?
    Me, Meth and Beirut thank you for your compliment.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Yeah, Canada slaughtered Norway. 8-0. At the end, I began pitying the Norwegians. Seriously, though; I'm sorry for the game's result, HoreTore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrkt
    Me, Meth and Beirut thank you for your compliment.
    Eh. I deserve the term "American" more than anyone else in this thread. You're all colonials! Loyalists and rebels, seperated by an invisible line which I can cross at will to mingle with my kin.

EDIT: Russia & Latvia are playin' right now, but I feel like watching Big Love and hittin the sack.
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 02-17-2010 at 06:08.

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Yeah, Canada slaughtered Norway. 8-0. At the end, I began pitying the Norwegians. Seriously, though; I'm sorry for the game's result, HoreTore.

Eh. I deserve the term "American" more than anyone else in this thread. You're all colonials! Loyalists and rebels, seperated by an invisible line which I can cross at will to mingle with my kin.

EDIT: Russia & Latvia are playin' right now, but I feel like watching Big Love and hittin the sack.
    ZING.

I remember the last time I saw a game where the score was 8-0. It involved Todd Bertuzzi breaking a guy's neck.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Blog Entries

I'm close enough to Canada to that I can be happy for Canada's win (I get the CBC as well as craptastic NBC, so I'm gonna with the former).

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Glad I get CBC myself or I'd have to decide between watching figure skating on NBC or scrubbing the bathrooms. where's me scrubbing bubbles...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Norwegian hockey players are amateurs with full-time jobs on the side, Megas.... And nobody cares about what they do anyway.

In fact, it's a good thing that they get smashed; maybe that way we won't have to listen to what they're doing anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by HoreTore View Post
    Norwegian hockey players are amateurs with full-time jobs on the side, Megas.... And nobody cares about what they do anyway.

Considering everyone of them plays professional hockey in some sort of capicity....you're wrong

I'm very sorry, HoreTore. I hate seeing people embarass themselves in public; in front of the world, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Considering everyone of them plays professional hockey in some sort of capicity....you're wrong
    '

The exact definition would be "Semi-pro". They get paid a little for playing hockey so they're not true amateurs, but they still have their main income from other sources than hockey(ie. a regular job). One of them sells and makes flowerbouquets btw...

I'm very sorry, HoreTore. I hate seeing people embarass themselves in public; in front of the world, no less.
    No probs, we're in the process of humiliating the rest of the world right now, especially Sweden, in the sprint

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Best-case scenario: USA beats Ovi and the Russians in the final (shades of 30 years ago), Crosby comes down with a mysterious ailment that forces him to miss the rest of the season... possibly his career. Also, Ovi is so devastated from the loss that it affects his play for the rest of the year and the Flyers go on to win the Stanley Cup.

-edit- Also, Bobby Ryan needs to light the tournament on fire. That boy's from my hometown.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 02-18-2010 at 08:15.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Best-case scenario: USA beats Ovi and the Russians in the final (shades of 30 years ago), Crosby comes down with a mysterious ailment that forces him to miss the rest of the season... possibly his career. Also, Ovi is so devastated from the loss that it affects his play for the rest of the year and the Flyers go on to win the Stanley Cup.
    Dream on, brotha. You know those little stars on your flag? They'll be re-designed into little bright maple leafs when we bring home the gold.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dream on, brotha. You know those little stars on your flag? They'll be re-designed into little bright maple leafs when we bring home the gold.
    I suppose it'll be a nice little consolation for you guys since there's still no end in sight to Canada's 16-year Stanley Cup drought.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

USA! USA! USA!

its good to be number one.......

on the other hand canada won another gold........ im so very proud for my cousins

Eh. Your hockey teams are made up of Canadians anyways, so it's always a victory.

USA! USA! USA!

its good to be number one.......
    Norway is number one when it comes to olympic gold medals, sorry mate

Im sorry sir but you must be color blind. Usa is leading in total medal count and gold after last night.

USA

noway........ excuse me norway

Im sorry sir but you must be color blind. Usa is leading in total medal count and gold after last night.

USA

noway........ excuse me norway
    As of now, Norway has 280 medals, while the US has 216.

we are talking about vancouver games. and if you want to play that game.......

ill start talking about summer olympics where norways performance..... is lacking

we are talking about vancouver games. and if you want to play that game.......

ill start talking about summer olympics where norways performance..... is lacking
    Vancouver isn't finished yet, and remember that norweay has one more gold and silver medal as those two russians yesterday will be caught with drugs, and we're looking at another gold and silver medal in a few minutes(Hegle Svendsen and Bjørndalen).

And nobody cares about the summer olympics, we don't have summer here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast