Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The next game in the total war series?

Default Re: The next game in the total war series?

I still want to see a TW game in the time period of the hittites or egyptian empires. It would be so nice to start off with a powerful empire in Asia Minor for once. Greece will be s turbulent as ever tho with the different Archaic factions. Imagine having Agamemnon;s empire or the Myrmidons of Achilles!

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seleucid empire View Post
    I still want to see a TW game in the time period of the hittites or egyptian empires. It would be so nice to start off with a powerful empire in Asia Minor for once. Greece will be s turbulent as ever tho with the different Archaic factions. Imagine having Agamemnon;s empire or the Myrmidons of Achilles!
    Not really sure about that, but if you only want to have the eastern mediterranean as an area, I doubt there would be a lot of factions.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Just off the top of my head, assuming a map of the eastern mediterranean, Africa from the horn of somalia up, and the Middle east there would be Nubia, Egypt, the Hyksos, the Hittites, the Mittanni, Several independant Greek nations (Athens, Troy, Sparta, Rhodes, etc), the Minoans, Babylonia, Elam, the Canaanites, the Cushites, the Libyans, and the Sea Peoples. There's 16 factions, two of them nomadic rather than settled (Libyans and Sea Peoples), assuming you have independent greek cities. If not, its still 13, and I've never even studied the area and time period in depth. If I were to ask a professor in my history department, (or re-checkout a book I was reading last semester), I could probably get a list of 20 or so major players who all existed during the time and could be considered "major players".

TW would be better off taking a lesson from Paradox and not indirectly misrepresent "minor players" by excluding them.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    TW would be better off taking a lesson from Paradox and not indirectly misrepresent "minor players" by excluding them.
    I think the new medieval: total war should be a partnership with paradox. Crusader kings 2 with TW battles would be the best game ever.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    Crusader kings 2 with TW battles would be the best game ever.
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    I think the new medieval: total war should be a partnership with paradox. Crusader kings 2 with TW battles would be the best game ever.
    CA your move

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Doad View Post
    CA your move
    Relevant
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

I was reading today about the Vandals vs. the Byzantine fleet in 468, and it would be pretty cool to command an ancient fleet in the way total war Empire did. Especially with realistic Fire ships, and the intense ramming and hand to hand conflict that was around back then. But it would be cool as an RPG or a Sandbox game too.

I also think warfare in the 17th century would be really cool to watch in a Total war game, what with maneuvers like the Caracole, or the innovations of drill vs. mercenary style conflicts. There really was a military revolution during this period.
    Last edited by tobit; 05-17-2012 at 05:15.

There can B only 1 Member Divine's Avatar

Rome 2!!! Yeah baby!!! I really hope they put the effort in with this game. Time to re-open Rome

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789