Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition

Default Re: EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition

Thank yoou!

Hey, welcome to the forums! Did you actually want us to sling you into the tournament?

Yes , Romani faction my name on Hamachi is Gaius Crastinus , same as here

ahahah i didnt notice i wrote " sing " sory ! i mean SIgn in i really wana participate , Playing Eb oumost 1 year So if u can add me it would be great
    Last edited by Gaius Crastinus; 06-05-2010 at 15:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    Vartan, is there only one spot per faction, if so. Count me as Seleukids, if not, I still can't decide.

~Fluvius
    As you know, there can be 10 people on a faction, or 1 person. It's not a problem either way. The more the merrier.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post

As an exception to the use-your-Guild-username rule, can I put you under ACS because I know you use that on Hamachi and we all know you as "ACS"...?
    Of course my friend!
    Thank you
    Proud Roman General

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Count me for Sauromatae.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

IMPORTANT UPDATE: EB Online Network #1 is for practice/non-tourney matches. EB Online Network #2 is for tournament-only matches. You can read the same statement now on the website under Instructions page.
    Former Projects:

Loving being a Member Ghaust the Moor's Avatar

I want to do this but I don't know how to get all set up to play online. If anyone can let me know, I would greatly appreceate it
    Last edited by Ghaust the Moor; 06-05-2010 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaust the Moor View Post
    I want to do this but I don't know how to get all set up to play online. If anyone can let me know, I would greatly appreceate it
    You see where it says EB Online in my sig? Yeah. Click on that. Once you reach the webpage, click on the tab named Getting Started (Instructions). Read it.
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    rome needs the restriction IMO , their units are so cheap that they have a huge amount of mani left over.

i think banners should be turned off .. and maybe limit the playable factions ..
    not sure if will join yet , will keep an eye on this thread for updates =P

You know what we should Play without weapons at all .---------- only Fists... and Shoes too ! yes

Btw there will be 2v2 or only 1v1 ?:)
    Last edited by Ludens; 06-06-2010 at 15:00. Reason: merged posts

Since this Is a Tourney for July I'll be able to play on here as my internet upload speed will be improved then. I'll play as Saba because I want to try something other then Barbarian and Phalanx

Since this Is a Tourney for July I'll be able to play on here as my internet upload speed will be improved then. I'll play as Saba because I want to try something other then Barbarian and Phalanx
    Well, there are nomadic, half-nomadic, infantry based (not phalanx), mixed etc based armies too, not just "BARBARIAN" and "PHALANX". Winning battles with Saba is very hard in MP, I suggest you to try them in a few battles before you set your vote next to them.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Crastinus View Post
    You know what we should Play without weapons at all .---------- only Fists... and Shoes too ! yes

Btw there will be 2v2 or only 1v1 ?:)
    Read my thread and/or lips: You may play any size battle you wish as long as each Team has equal amount of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apázlinemjó View Post
    Well, there are nomadic, half-nomadic, infantry based (not phalanx), mixed etc based armies too, not just "BARBARIAN" and "PHALANX". Winning battles with Saba is very hard in MP, I suggest you to try them in a few battles before you set your vote next to them.
    Or you can always fetch ParallelPain and ask for advice, but he's long gone.

EDIT: Don't forget. The "Mercy Rule" for Saba states that Saba has no army composition limits whatsoever. The only limit is the upgrade limit: 1 chevron per unit. The faction is a difficult one to play as in multiplayer battles and players electing to use Saba are respected and admired for their choice.
    Last edited by vartan; 06-06-2010 at 21:37.
    Former Projects:

Yeah I plan on playing as Saba because I'm not in it to win it, I just wanna try something I'm not used too. I'm playing a campaign at the moment so I'm kinda liking them right now. Oh and I got a few questions. When you say the only limit of one chevron per unit, are you saying only one Bronze? or does that mean one silver or one gold too? Also does that have any bearing on the weapon and defense upgrades? Finally, Does the Tourney start at any specific time and play according to some schedule or chart, or is it jsut start sometime in July and play at our leisure? Thanks for anyhelp, I know I ask some probably noobish qusetions but Its my first time doing this so I'm not quite sure about everything.

You aren't sure yet, so I'll help you get there. It ain't too far anyway. So here's the deal: When anybody tells you one-chev, it means 1 bronze, period. No upgrades means no attack upgrades no defence upgrades. You don't get access to magical blacksmiths, sorry. When does the July tournament start? Let me check my calendar. It starts...July 1st, and ends on...July 31st. And that's pretty much your 1st and 31st, as I know we can be straddling two days on this planet. Good luck with Saba by the way. At least you don't have army composition limits. Mercy rule. Good thing munky didn't call it the pity rule. That would be flat out unethical.

EDIT: We really need your help guys. Someone knowledgeable in the respective faction should reply with a list of the factional units for Pahlava and/or Sauromatae as per the EB website and place -H markers next to the cavalry units that should be considered heavy, whether for historical reasons or simply because they have heavy in their names. This would be much appreciated and is direly needed before the month starts. Note: Do not place -H beside those units that are specifically named "horse archer" because these are automatically considered medium cavalry (and consequently are excluded form the heavy cavalry limitation rule).
    Last edited by vartan; 06-07-2010 at 03:18.
    Former Projects:

Ahh. I have decided that I would like to revoke my placement as Saba. I have decided that since this will be my first Tourney or competitive play of anykind, I should start off by playing something I'm more familiar with. So if its not too late, as the Tourney hasn't started, I would like to play as Lusotanna. Now If I am playing as Lusotanna, am I required to play a Civilized army list or can I play a Steppe army list or is that a requirment...again I am not sure. I want to run a Cantabrian army and thus mostly skirmisher cavalry and a few supporting infantry. Thanks anyway if you can't change it, I understand I jsut wasn't sure if it was too late or not.

July hasn't arrived yet so I don't see why you can't change.
    Steppe Rules can only be used by Steppe Factions and those who (mostly) border Steppe Factions, these factions can use those rules:
    -Pahlava
    -Saka
    -Sauromatae
    -Hayasdan
    -Getai
    -Baktria
    From the original thread one year ago. Those were the nations that were determined to be allowed the "steppe rule" composition. If Lusos--peoples I don't have much knowledge about--did use steppe armies in the past, I don't see why they shouldn't be a part of the steppe-able factions, if you will.

P.S. Looks like we're going to need not only a Pahlava and Sauro list, but now also a Luso list. Someone join as Epeiros and make our lives that much more enjoyable, haha. Hope someone has a certainty on which cav from these nations are heavy because I haven't the time/energy for this determination.
    Last edited by vartan; 06-08-2010 at 02:15.
    Former Projects:

Well I don't think it would be the Lusos, specificcally that had a steppe type army. I think it would really only be something regional like the Cantabrians. But you would like a factional list for Lusotanna?

Well I don't think it would be the Lusos, specificcally that had a steppe type army. I think it would really only be something regional like the Cantabrians. But you would like a factional list for Lusotanna?
    If you've noticed the Special Community Call for Help it asks for volunteers from the community who are able to identify the heavy cavalry units in the factional unit lists for the four unlisted factions Epeiros Lusotannan Pahlava and Sauromatae. Some units may be called Heavy Cavalry in their titles, and those are clearly Heavy. If it is a Horse Archer it is automatically medium (unless someone wishes to object to this; it's been standard so far). So if it ain't called heavy cav and it ain't a horse archer but it is in the faction's list of units on the EB website please tell me why it's heavy cav (maybe it's in the description or something else) and I can myself make the list with the -H markers. It becomes a reference for those making their armies.
    Former Projects:

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Epeiros is hard to play. Their cav despite being some of the best in the game die like flies to arrows and their armies are generally slightly more expensive than Macs. :(

Takes lots of skills.

Also Saba > KH lol. PAIN...
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Epeiros is hard to play. Their cav despite being some of the best in the game die like flies to arrows and their armies are generally slightly more expensive than Macs. :(

Takes lots of skills.

Also Saba > KH lol. PAIN...
    Yet you still go with KH, I thought you would choose Baktria for the tournament.

Edit: Gonna make the factionals' list for Epeiros and Lusos today.
    Last edited by Apázlinemjó; 06-08-2010 at 09:44.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

If you are skilled with cavalry, u should take Sauromatae or Pahlava...
    The cav are more cheap than others (indeed, take out Pahlavan Late Elite Cataphracts) .

If u are skilled with infantry: Romani or West Barbarian.
    If u are skilled with all: Bactria or Seleucid or Ptolemaioi.

But I think KH isn't so bad.
    Proud Roman General

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

If it's ok, I would like to switch to Arche Seleukeia from Sweboz for my faction. Sweboz is simply too specialized for the range of enemies I'll be fighting (especially Sauromatae and friends).
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Khan the Great View Post
    If it's ok, I would like to switch to Arche Seleukeia from Sweboz for my faction. Sweboz is simply too specialized for the range of enemies I'll be fighting (especially Sauromatae and friends).
    You are not obliged to fight all enemies. You choose your opponent. Switched...

EDIT: EB Online site now has Epeiros and Lusotannan factional unit lists, thanks to Apaz.
    Last edited by vartan; 06-08-2010 at 18:54.
    Former Projects:

Sign me as Epeiros thanks :D

Hi guys I'd like to join this tournament with the AEDUI ;)

Sign me up, as Baktria please.
    Fix resetting of specialty units and stats for Shogun II, still not able to, hmmmm.
    Plug pullers epitomize what a true loser is.
    NEXT TOTAL WAR AFTER ROME II: HAS TO BE CHINA!

Thanks again Apaz for collaborating today. We're done with the factional unit lists. There are 19 because Saba is unrestricted. Doesn't necessarily make them IMBA, just skirmishable and annoying on 36k. Get missiles.
    Former Projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Kerwick View Post
    Hi guys I'd like to join this tournament with the AEDUI ;)
    sorry i want to change my faction with the romans if it's possible

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast