Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition

In commemoration of the very successful pre-EB Online tourney of July 2009, I present to you the EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition. In remembrance of all of the members of The Guild who helped put together all the rules, settings, etc. that made the 2009 tourney such a success, let us do our best to make this one just as much of a success, if not more. Let's get straight to the details.

Point System
    A very straightforward point system will be used. For each win, you gain one point. For each loss, you lose one point. The same applies to team games. Remember: Team games must be even-sided (2v2, 3v3, or 4v4). Each member of the winning team gains one point. Each member of the losing team loses one point.

There are two sets of points. Each player has his own point count. The second point count is the factional point count. Each faction has a number of wins and a number of losses equivalent to the total wins and losses of all players using that faction during that tourney month. Points only are counted for every month. There are no rollover points.

Signing Up
    Threads like these must be set up one or two weeks prior to the beginning of the tourney. Let this be an example. To sign up for the tourney, reply to this post with your faction of choice. And I mean your final choice of faction. No changes will be allowed mid-way through the tourney. Once it begins, you're set. The only option you will have is to opt-out of the tourney (that is also final; no opt-out and then resume; if you have to have a week off, that's fine, but don't "fold your cards" unless you're completely sure).

Note: On Hamachi and in-game you must use the same name you use on The Guild. This is to avoid confusion. If you have a really long name, like "Hannibal Khan the Great", and you choose to use usernames like Hannibal Khan, that's fine. A shortened version of a long name is fine as long as it is recognizable.

Replays
    You must upload and submit replays by posting links to the replays here in the form of a reply. Remember to state who you played against and who the winner was. Only winners are allowed to post replays so as to avoid duplicates. Thank you.

Jury
    Every month, the tourney will have not only participating players but also jury members. Jury members cannot double as players in the same month, and players cannot double as jury members in the same month. The Jury is a board of a maximum of 9 members that adjudicate cases of conflict and protest. The minimum size of the Jury is 3 because it takes the agreement of 3 Jury members to come to a final verdict on who the winner was in special cases and whether cheating took place in protests for disqualification (DQ, wherein the game is not counted toward gain or loss). Three cases of cheating and the player is removed from that month's tourney, and his score contribution removed from the factional score as well. To be a Jury member you must state below that you wish to be so. Remember: This means you will not participate as a player and will solely make yourself available to review replays for cases of protest and conflict. There presumably won't be too many of these, so it shouldn't be much of a problem! All Jury members are respected and admired for their sacrifice. Thank you all.

And that's about it. If you want more of the nitty-gritty details, such as rules, what to do, what not to do, what to expect, etc., visit the website (it's a must-read for even the oldies). Find it at www.ebonline.tk. Use the contact button (links to our email: contact@ebonline.tk) for any concerns, questions or suggestions.

Participants
    Jury Members
    Vartan
    WinsingtonIII
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Tanit

Players
    Wins - Losses = Total Score

Arche Seleukeia 1 - 1 = 0
    LazyO 1 - 1 = 0

Arverni 13 - 13 = 0
    The Celtic Viking 5 - 1 = 4
    Vicious-Little-Noob (Guild name: VikingPower) 8 - 12 = -4

Baktria 4 - 2 = 2
    Tex 0 - 1 = -1
    Ovidiuhtm (Guild name: Burebista) 4 - 1 = 3

Carthage 12 - 14 = -2
    Jebivjetar 1 - 0 = 1
    Intranetusa 1 - 1 = 0
    Kival 10 - 11 = -5

Getai 0 - 2 = -2
    retep219 0 - 2 = -2

Koinon Hellenon 6 - 0 = 6
    Antisocialmunky 6 - 0 = 6

Pahlava 6 - 3 = 3
    ACS 6 - 3 = 3

Pontos 6 - 4 = 2
    Lignator 0 - 2 = -2
    Apazlinemjo 6 - 2 = 4

Saba 12 - 6 = 6
    MisterFred 12 - 6 = 6

Saka 1 - 5 = -4
    Ghaust the Moor 1 - 4 = -3
    Megas Ycarus 0 - 1 = -1

SPQR 5 - 1 = 4
    Agrippa 4 - 1 = 3
    Scipio Africanus 1 - 0 = 1

Sweboz 2 - 4 = -2
    Kikaz 2 - 4 = -2

Results
    Top 3 4 Players
    MisterFred (Saba) - 1st (tied)
    Antisocialmunky (Koinon Hellenon) - 1st (tied)
    Apazlinemjo (Pontos) - 3rd (tied)
    The Celtic Viking (Arverni) - 3rd (tied)

Top 3 Factions
    Koinon Hellenon - 1st (tied)
    Saba - 1st (tied)
    SPQR - 3rd

--------------------------------------
    NOTE: THIS POST MAY NOT BE REPRINTED WITHOUT PERMISSION.
    Last edited by vartan; 08-15-2010 at 04:03.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Default Re: EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition

I will be proud to represent the might of Carthage in this tourney. Sign me in!

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

SWEBOZZZ!!!!!!!! Count me in!
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I'll join under my Arverni banner. However, my failure to fight with VT Marvin worries me a little. I would like to see if I can play against someone else, so could anyone please volunteer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    I'll join under my Arverni banner. However, my failure to fight with VT Marvin worries me a little. I would like to see if I can play against someone else, so could anyone please volunteer?
    Visit the EB Online website for information on how to join the network. Once you join, you will find plenty of people eagerly awaiting an adversary to battle with.
    Former Projects:

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Might I suggest to remeber that no Anachronism will be allowed (e.g. Camillan Bodyguard with Marian Soldiers, Saka bodyguard with Indo Saka units (that being said, might I suggest you rise the amount of Cavalry to 12 for the Steppe Factions, since most didn't use infantry unless they were sieging IMO), Time of freemen soldiers with Time of Warriors(?) bodyguard) you can also put in a reform margin, either choose the units after the reform, or before it, but no mix-ups (unless the units ARE available during both periods)

Also, if possible, if using Phalanx units, try to use the Alex Engine, how to do it is on www.twfilms.tk

~Jirisys (heh)
    Last edited by jirisys; 07-04-2010 at 01:45.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Visit the EB Online website for information on how to join the network. Once you join, you will find plenty of people eagerly awaiting an adversary to battle with.
    Thank you, but I've fought battles online many times before. I know how to do it; the problem is that it's not working now. It might be a coincidence (I had not played MP for months before), but since I moved I haven't been able to play MP. I have only tried with one person though, and I would like to test against someone else too before I give up and say "it's just not meant to be".

Since no one ever responds to me on Hamachi (even when it was working perfectly), or starts a convo with me themselves for that matter, I thought it best to make a date here.

(PS. I may come off as snide or rude here. Forgive me if I do; real life's an asshole to me right now.)
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 05-31-2010 at 20:44.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

I'll have to let this go because I'll have to study my *** off for the last part of the year.
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 05-31-2010 at 20:19.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    I will be proud to represent the might of Carthage in this tourney. Sign me in!
    When will you be online? Let's work together to kill some damn dirty Romans!
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
    When will you be online? Let's work together to kill some damn dirty Romans!
    Helo! I'm glad to see another Carthaginian player in this tourney!
    I'll be online tomorrow. The world shall tremble when we represent the might of Carthage!

Gaius Crastinus Faction: Romani (Rome) Sing me in ! :)

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Crastinus View Post
    Gaius Crastinus Faction: Romani (Rome) Sing me in ! :)
    Lalala Gaius Crastinus... lalalala....

All right that was not funny.

Welcome to the forums Gaius Crastinus! Enjoy your stay here!

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Thank yoou!

Hey, welcome to the forums! Did you actually want us to sling you into the tournament?

Yes , Romani faction my name on Hamachi is Gaius Crastinus , same as here

ahahah i didnt notice i wrote " sing " sory ! i mean SIgn in i really wana participate , Playing Eb oumost 1 year So if u can add me it would be great
    Last edited by Gaius Crastinus; 06-05-2010 at 15:33.

Ptolemaioi 0 - 0 = 0
    Freelancer Tex (what's your Guild name?) 0 - 0 = 0
    i'm here!!!lol

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

What are the draw rules?

Also I may have some time to make some lists. Its not that hard. I think Lusto only have 1 factional Heavy Cav and the elits or pretty well marked.

What other factions did you want lists?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Thanks again Apaz for collaborating today. We're done with the factional unit lists.
    It would seem like they're all done already.

a.k.a. Burebista Member Βελισάριος's Avatar

I'm in. Getai, just for the fun of it.
    To settle the deal between Romans and Greeks once and for all... both Italy and Greece are in deep s*** at the moment. Do you really think who had the biggest spear in antiquity makes any difference?

Lists are done. Saba isn't missing one, it doesn't need one. Draw rules are on the rules page on the site.
    Former Projects:

Hello there.

Vicious-Little-Noob wants to play as the Lusotana faction. Sign me in.

Here are mine victories with Averni in a right time order:

VLN v.s Intranetusa

http://www.filefront.com/17023505/VLN-Intranetusa.rpy

There was no claim of illegal violation in this battle.

VLN v.s SlickNica

http://www.filefront.com/17023541/VLN-Slick.rpy

Slick, like usual, claims that mine units had a run-through, but however when I looked upon the replay film then I did not notice anything noteworthy at first sight.

VLN v.s MisterFred – First battle

http://www.filefront.com/17023557/VLN-MrFred.rpy

MisterFred claims, and I believe is correct, that mine skirmishers threw missles against his elephants while the skirmishers were engaged in melee with his units, but for mine part I think it was rather brief moment in the battles which did not have much bearings against the elephants because the ele left them so soon. But that is of course mine opinion.

VLN v.s ACS – third battle

http://www.filefront.com/17023583/VLN-ACS.rpy

In this battle I deployed chariots for second time in tournament and I honestly made an illegal victory, because mine chariots in loose formation were always running through mine infantry repeatedly. However for mine part I had forgotten the rule about the chariots so I really was not thnking about it in the battle.

VLN v.s ACS – second battle

http://www.filefront.com/17023603/VLN-ACS2.rpy

In this battle I deployed chariots for the second time against ACS and won another victory but it is rather on the limit of being illegal, or already crossed over the line in being illegal. For in this battle I tried to keep the chariots in loose formation away from mine infantry but however when attacked the cataphracts then It was so hard to keep tracks on all issues in battle at the same time that mine chariots tended to attack cataphracts between mine own infantry so it would have killed mine inf with it in reality. Also in beginning of battle I made one chariot unit run through mine slingers on the way toward enemy horse archers, but this was however rather casual at no critical moment but only a few second shortcut.

The thing is that I can‘t defeat enemy cataphracts without chariots and I can‘t win legally with chariots, because someway or another then mine chariots always tend to have some run-throughs with mine own units.

VLN v.s MisterFred – Second battle

http://www.filefront.com/17023641/VLN-MrFred2.rpy

There was no claim of illegal violation in this battle.

And finally I thank Intranetusa, ACS, and MisterFred for a simple honest games which were without any bias or petty complaints.

A victory against Mr Fred . Fun game.Zerg game:)
    http://www.filefront.com/17023999/no4OhtmVsMrfred.rpy

Quote Originally Posted by VikingPower View Post
    Did this take place before today (10 July 2010) or did it take place today? If today, then it does not count, I'm afraid, as SlickNicaG69 is out of the tournament for failure to comply with common etiquette "rules", if you will.
    VLN v.s MisterFred – First battle

http://www.filefront.com/17023557/VLN-MrFred.rpy

MisterFred claims, and I believe is correct, that mine skirmishers threw missles against his elephants while the skirmishers were engaged in melee with his units, but for mine part I think it was rather brief moment in the battles which did not have much bearings against the elephants because the ele left them so soon. But that is of course mine opinion.
    This begs the question, aimed at you Fred: Are you asking for this replay to be reviewed by all 4 of us on the Jury? Remember, we only need 3 reviews to make a decision. If you think it's subtle enough, then I could review it when I make time and make a quick decision.
    Former Projects:

In the first battle with VLN, I think the javelins thrown in melee were significant enough to potentially alter the game. I'm not specifically asking for a certain review procedure. One juror is enough for me. I don't have any pretensions the point is going to help propel me to the top of the leaderboard :). Although if only one juror reviews the battle VLN might prefer it be someone other than you, you're pretty strict :). In the second battle with VLN, he just plain kicked my ass.

As a side note, I think all the games VLN just posted took place prior today.
    Last edited by MisterFred; 07-12-2010 at 06:14.

http://www.filefront.com/17025645/vsKikaz.rpy

That's my battle against Kikaz' Germanic horde. My cavalry saved the day in a battle where my infantry was faltering.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 07-10-2010 at 23:05.

I'll get started ASAP on the VLN issue. Ghaust/Fred, I still am waiting for one more Jury review of your game. Bear with us please. And Ludens, or any colleagues of Ludens, you know precisely what to do, and you do it real damn well. Thanks in advance ;)

EDIT #1: And I completely forgot, if you people actually give a pluck about multiplayer EB gaming and aren't just trolling around, please don't do the following:

I mean it. Don't. Not only will you kill it for yourselves, but for everyone else (who for the most part are very respectful of myself, others, and most importantly, themselves).

EDIT #2: VLN, I'll count your game with Slick. I don't think it matters if you played with him today. You earn your victory, you get a point. To not give you that point would be to do you a disservice.
    Last edited by vartan; 07-11-2010 at 06:41.
    Former Projects:

Carthage still needs to beat the sh*t out of Romanii.
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Slickniga and Burebista; you should keep that sort of language to private chats. The org is not a chatroom and you are both violating the rules of this place with your language and personal insults.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast