Thread: Where can i buy EBII?

Question Where can i buy EBII?

Hi everybody, i'm new in this forum , i've been searching everywhere by this game (Europa Barbarorum II).

Does anybody now where i can buy it?

Default Re: Where can i buy EBII?

1. Welcome to the forum

2. It's not done yet it's still in developmen, and don't ask for a release date, not een the EB-Team knows it ;)

3. It's not a stand alone game, It's a modification of Medieval 2 total war.

4. You can't buy it, but when it's done you can download it...

5. for free :)
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

You can always download and play EB1 (if you have Rome total war) if you can't wait to play with the Lusitani :D
    Politics, just like the tropical forest, feeds itself from its own waste.

Thank you very much guys! =)

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vasco95pt View Post
    Thank you very much guys! =)
    to add to their point: you do realize that this is a mod, and not a seperate game project, right?

that is important for you to note, since legally, mods cannot be sold at a profit-unless if the modders are contracted by the original developers-and from there, the game is free. so is every other mod in this website. only the vanilla versions (which you need in order to play the mods), is not.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

I do not speak very well English, but understood that you said

this game can't be sold;
    it's just download.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasco95pt View Post
    I do not speak very well English, but understood that you said

this game can't be sold;
    it's just download.
    Yes, but it is a modification for another game that you do have to buy.

Europa Barbarorum is free, but you must have Rome: Total War installed, and Rome: Total War is not free, it must be bought.

I hope I have explained well enough.
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

Smile Re: Where can i buy EBII?

Thank you so much guys! :)

You helped me a lot! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    to add to their point: you do realize that this is a mod, and not a seperate game project, right?

that is important for you to note, since legally, mods cannot be sold at a profit-unless if the modders are contracted by the original developers-and from there, the game is free. so is every other mod in this website. only the vanilla versions (which you need in order to play the mods), is not.
    Slightly OT but on that same note, I figure if a contract bound the mod team for EB with CA, and if EB was sold for, say, 10 US dollars. And say CA's cut was 30 percent. That's 3 dollars per purchase/download. But let's say CA is nice and lets you DL the mod more than once using your previously purchased license key. So if a person on average re-downloads maybe once or twice, then those 500k downloads translate into something like 200k purchases. That's 600.000 US dollars in CA's pocket, and 1.400.000 in EB dev team's.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

We could hire some guys to help and would have had CA's support when encountering problems. Ha, EB II would have been almost ready by now.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Where can i buy EBII?

Yes, but how many of those people would have downloaded the mod if they had to pay for it? Even if the price was a token amount, most would simply get RTR for free.

Also, while I would like to see the team rewarded, I think it is better that EB stays a labour of love rather than becoming a commercial product.
    Last edited by Ludens; 10-12-2010 at 13:43.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Yea, if EB were a commercial product it probably wouldn't be near as good. I think there's a reason fan-made mods are usually better than the original games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lignator View Post
    Yea, if EB were a commercial product it probably wouldn't be near as good. I think there's a reason fan-made mods are usually better than the original games.
    Would EB truly be worse off if it were a commercial product? Fan-made mods are arguably quite better than the original games they modify simply because they are modifications. Why would they exist if without reason for the corresponding modifications? (Note: I am ignoring for the sake of convenience such mods as those abstracts that create completely different games and gameplay, such as creating a puzzle game out of a mod, etc.)

Let us rephrase your statement to: "I think there's a reason fan-made mods are usually better than hypothetical commercial analogues." Again, how or why precisely would the commercial analogue be worse off than the fan-made mod of an existent game?
    Former Projects:

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Where can i buy EBII?

Quote Originally Posted by Lignator View Post
    I don't think that's true, though. A game is judged on how well it pleases the entire fan-base, but a mod can appeal to only a section of the fan-base. EB would never have the mainstream-appeal of R:TW because it's too hardcore historical. Then there is the fact that we expect less (in terms of stability, support and documentation) of mods than we do of original games. If a mod doesn't work, you've only lost a couple of hours. However, if you paid fifty quid for it you are going to feel robbed.

Then there's the point that Vartan made: the developers of the mod can work of the basis provided by the developers of the game.

Whether EB would have been better if it had been a commercial product I cannot say. I doubt it would have a been a successful product, though.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

something made of love and affection will defeat something made of monetary motives. Everyone who enjoys EB will certainly glad to throws a dozen of beer or two to any EB team members they meet.

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

To hell with charity and magnanimity! I've got tuition bills to pay!

I agree with Ludens, people have different expectations between mods and commercial products.

A commercial product must be stable, reliable, on time and easy to get into in order to be a success. Mods tend to prioritise gameplay/historical accuracy/epicness ahead of more practical concerns. EB would not be the same if it was a commercial product as too many compromises would have had to have been made.

In its current form EB is also unsaleable IMO due to the stability issues. But Im sure those would of course have been adressed if the game had a custom made engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambyses View Post
    I agree with Ludens, people have different expectations between mods and commercial products.

A commercial product must be stable, reliable, on time and easy to get into in order to be a success. Mods tend to prioritise gameplay/historical accuracy/epicness ahead of more practical concerns. EB would not be the same if it was a commercial product as too many compromises would have had to have been made.

In its current form EB is also unsaleable IMO due to the stability issues. But Im sure those would of course have been adressed if the game had a custom made engine.
    Except if you had a custom made engine that was completely modifiable, gave support to end users, worked proactively with a team such as EB's development team to develop those gameplay/historicitiy/epicness, you would have your ideal product.
    Former Projects:

sounds like 0 ad
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Putt View Post
    sounds like 0 ad
    Yeah, whatever happened to it?

It's actually quite active right now they released an alpha(actually not just one) and you can find a lot of their work on moddb.
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

- Leonidas of Sparta

- Alaric the Visigoth