Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox News

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Fox News

20 minutes of Fear-mongering about the money supple

3 straight commercials telling you to invest in gold

Good show Murdoch

And for those of you about to bitch and moan at what seems like an unwarrented pot shot just know I don't turn on MSNBC as I can only handle that much smugness in small doses.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Default Re: Fox Newa

I like fox news I don't get my news from anywhere else. I'm also a big fan of Glen Beck, He's one of the more level headed thinkers out there and I like the fact that he does his research and backs his views up with hard evidence.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    just kidding

I lol'ed. Hard.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

If you strip FOX from some talking heads it's better than Europe socalled independent media, less, yes less, biased.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a commercial station. I'm sure they can charge more for adverts for gold after features on the bear market / Congress might not increase the debt ceiling.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

I have not seen Fox News in ages.

Back in the dark ages their News, as opposed to the talking heads, was more balanced than what you got elsewhere. There just was not that much hard news and almost all talking heads.

Today I get most of my news from radio headlines and look it up on the web.

When I first got to Germany I tried watching CNN International but I couldn’t recognize the US news as the place I had just come from. It sort of made Noam Chomsky look like a right-winger.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

can´t trust Faux News....one of their owners has ties with terrorist organizations.....Faux News even said so itself! :P
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

Chuchip for president is what I say.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuchip View Post
    I'm also a big fan of Glen Beck, He's one of the more level headed thinkers out there and I like the fact that he does his research and backs his views up with hard evidence.
    I read a story about someone else who felt the same way ...
    Last edited by Lemur; 01-19-2011 at 15:11.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    I'm afraid tell me who's fault it is Glenn.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Blog Entries

Courtesy of ACIN

But seriously though, Glenn Beck is a fear-mongering crook.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    One refreshing aspect of this and the Tuscon shooting: nobody has blamed video games for them. This is progress.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    One refreshing aspect of this and the Tuscon shooting: nobody has blamed video games for them. This is progress.
    It will be only a matter of time Web window into world of Tucson shooting suspect

Report: Jared Loughner Called a 'Big Video Gamer' By Former Classmates
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    And for those of you about to bitch and moan at what seems like an unwarrented pot shot just know I don't turn on MSNBC as I can only handle that much smugness in small doses.
    Even though it's on MSNBC, you should give Morning Joe a try. It's an actual news program with real political commentators on both left and right who respect each other and discuss the actual issues involved instead of putting pundit spin on everything. I feel smarter after watching it, rather than dumber. That's a positive review for a news program these days. (I agree with you about the rest of MSNBC, the evening shows are just as bad as Fox News.)

I enjoy Special Report with Bret Baier immensely. All I see are commercials for BMWs and Lexi... although I DVR through most of them.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Anyone watch Red Eye? That is a funny show on Fox News.
    Silence is beautiful

Blog Entries

What does the Org think of Keith Olbermann?

I can not believe people I would deem not of below average intelligence are actually discussing Fox News.
    Few are born with it, even fewer know what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    I can not believe people I would deem not of below average intelligence are actually discussing Fox News.
    Sweden was it right

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Sweden was it right
    Yes?

Yes?
    Censorship and pc-bull capitol of Europe, calling it press is a disgrace, should be called ministry of truth instead.

Censorship and pc-bull capitol of Europe, calling it press is a disgrace, should be called ministry of truth instead.
    Yepp.

However, you don't find the intelligentsia discussing it. Generally bringing up a particular show from state-TV is met by a frown and a quick change of topic to something more interesting.

Yepp.

However, you don't find the intelligentsia discussing it. Generally bringing up a particular show from state-TV is met by a frown and a quick change of topic to something more interesting.
    Have you seen the movie 'Goodbye Lenin'? A loving son who pretends to his mother that the wall never fell, he's afraid she can't cope with it so he creates an alternative reality around her where no wall ever fell. Sweden is more like the stepmum who won't give up her illusion of a perfect family, what will the neighbours say? It's creepy. For these people who call bull on Swedish media there isn't really an alternative

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Even though it's on MSNBC, you should give Morning Joe a try. It's an actual news program with real political commentators on both left and right who respect each other and discuss the actual issues involved instead of putting pundit spin on everything. I feel smarter after watching it, rather than dumber. That's a positive review for a news program these days. (I agree with you about the rest of MSNBC, the evening shows are just as bad as Fox News.)
    Joe is a bull conservative. That show makes me sick because it hides behind a veil of everyone is represented when really there not. I've regular contributors on the show make comments that are just insulting and Joe doesn't even disagree. A farce.

To be honest Fox News once had the best across the aisle show in Hannity and Colmes. It was unfortunate when Colmes left. Now its a big republican love fest on hannity that gets repetitive after a while.

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

If you strip FOX from some talking heads it's better than Europe socalled independent media, less, yes less, biased.
    Almost funny, try again.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    I think of him as little as possible. Frankly, I can't take cable news. Too much chest-thumping and shouting. The only one I've been able to watch without flinching was the lesbian whose name escapes me, Rachel something. But even that was a one-time thing. CNN is dull to the point of dreariness. Fox is a radical (and successful) experiement in propoganda. MSNBC ... I don't really know what they are. They seem to be trying to replicate Fox's formula, but without the same discipline.

That said, I don't think we've had a creature like Fox since the days of Hearst.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Almost funny, try again.
    At least say why it it's almost funny, let's make things hilarious

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    A liberal version of Glenn Beck.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1 View Post
    Joe is a bull conservative. That show makes me sick because it hides behind a veil of everyone is represented when really there not. I've regular contributors on the show make comments that are just insulting and Joe doesn't even disagree. A farce.
    He may not, but Mika does constantly. I find they have a very good balance, with each not afraid to disagree with the other, but doing so in a generally respectful and constructive manner.

Blog Entries

Huh, that's interesting. My political compass is skewed to the left as a European, so I personally would consider a comparison of Keith Olbermann to Glenn Beck to be a bit bizzare and unfair. Still, Glenn Beck seems to rely almost entirely on emotion in his programmes, whilst Olblermann at least uses facts to back up what he says. True, he does target the GOP a lot, but then he also criticises the Democrats, as opposed to Beck who blames the entirety of America's problems on the Democratic party and George Soros. I agree that Olbermann has a large ego, but idk if it's just American-sized or if it's actually super-massive. Some of his criticisms fall a bit flat and stretched, but his good ones are pretty good. I rarely like the people he interviews though.

All in all, he seems a lot like the Guardian on TV, which is probably why I like him, as we don't have that kind of news over here in the UK (thank god)

Have you seen the movie 'Goodbye Lenin'? A loving son who pretends to his mother that the wall never fell, he's afraid she can't cope with it so he creates an alternative reality around her where no wall ever fell. Sweden is more like the stepmum who won't give up her illusion of a perfect family, what will the neighbours say? It's creepy. For these people who call bull on Swedish media there isn't really an alternative
    Politiskt inkorrekt
    Flashback forum

- We have our ways.

Flashback forum has come to the point of being quoted in mainstream media on a regular basis. PI is where you go to learn about whatever the mainstream media is not telling.

Times are changing, slowly, sure. But they are. I feel some comfort in that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast