Thread: Europa CTDorum

Unhappy Europa CTDorum

Hi there!

We play Hayasdan on VH/M. Of course, Arche Seleukeia is attacking us all the time.
    To the southwest of Armavir it kinda works, we can do the battles. But on the southeast side to Armavir it's unplayable. We even had one battle where it CTD'd on the loading screen for the battle. And after the battle, it like always CTD. It really kills the fun because we have to cheat always to recreate the battles, even worse we lose more units through that and they don't get the experience like they battle normal. And the most annoying thing are the enemy generals who always survive and come back with mercs they bought with cheated money.
    We try everything, we can reboot our machine before a battle, it's a waste of time. It simply crashes.

It's even worse than the Baktria campaign where we played the 0.81a version. And there we had a bad computer, now he have a quite decent machine.

Why is this? Is it because of the location? Will it get any better as we proceed? Because at the moment it doesn't make sense to battle southeast to Armavir. It's a pity because it is a very cool game.

Can you help us?

Default Re: Europa CTDorum

EB has a Bermuda Triangle? Haha. You could try something. Is there any console commands you could use to completely wipe out the enemy army in the southeast and manually give yourself casualties to the units in your army as you see fit? If so, you could completely RP the whole thing this way.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Random errors are in most time left-overs from Vanilla engine, less one can do against it.

1.2 fixes installed? https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109936
    Wait at the battle result screen until the music stops (~20sec), this reduces the chance of getting post-battle CTDs
    See the section in the frequent issues about CTDs on the AI turn:https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=103681

Keep multiple saves!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

You can laugh, once again removed. Same army, same location, with the same two generals, about the 5th time now.
    We tried and waited more than 20 seconds, but nothing. The game just crashed.

We really think it's a bewitched region. It takes the fun out of this great game, we don't want to cheat all the time.
    Last edited by Ludens; 05-28-2011 at 09:44. Reason: language

Check the traits of the generals, if one has zero movement points this will crash the battle.

As this is now a persistent and repeatable crash, please upload your savegame right before this battle, I'll try it on my own build. Please post also version number and used mini-mods.

XSamatan

The enemy general and our general does have enough movement points. It always crashes when we attack the army in the east of Armavir at the lake with our horse-army.

Here is the savegame (too big for an attachment) clean EB 1.2! no minimods!

https://rapidshare.com/files/3644071...eat-save_2.sav

thx for help

Thanks for uploading, will report back as soon as I have time to check it out!

Rapidshare is blocked at my current location, could you maybe upload it to another place?

Sure, here are just 2 examples when the game crashes:

http://www.axifile.com?9631056
    http://www.axifile.com?1320893

We usually attack the Seleukid armies attacking from the east. (East of Armavir)

Thx for your efforts

Loaded the first battle and engaged the army at the lake in the east of Armavir, battle fought manually, without CTD, link to the save after the battle:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9409109/Anti-cheat-save%2B0.sav

I don't know why it crashes at your system and don't crash here, at least it is certain that it is no persistent crash and you can go on with your campaign without cheating.
    If you want not use my save, you should either let the Seleucids attack you or move the troublesome army (on your build) away.

XSamatan

Thx buddy.

At least I know now that it is a problem of my system.
    I will uninstall the game and will install it again. Maybe that will help.

Rycalawre

Well, we don't get it. We just reinstalled the game and played the same critical battle for about 3 times. There was no crash or any other issue. Well it looks fine and we hope to enjoy a long campaign!

Thanks for your help

Rycalawre

Thumbs down Re: Europa CTDorum

And there goes the hope again.....
    We wanted to continue the campain, eager and top motivated to kill them all
    We just thought we get our revenge and !!!!

WE CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

It just doesn't make any sense.
    Is it forbidden to play on a holy thursday?

What can it be?

My friend tested it 3times in a row and now it simply crashes again.

We do the battle the 3rd time now, we're sure it's gonna crash...BUT NO! IT DIDN'T!

But crashes keep and keep coming. We give up, game is dead. What a pity...it was really fun to play Hayasdan.

You waste your time modding such a shitty programmed game. Better make your own game.

Cheers
    Rycalawre
    Last edited by Ludens; 06-02-2011 at 19:34. Reason: language