Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EBOT 2011 July

Default EBOT 2011 July

LET IT BE CLEAR that I am accepting all late-comers into this tournament. Normally this would not be true but this is why this is bolded and in red, to make it obvious. So please join if you'd like even if you are only reading this for the first time in the middle of July.

First and foremost I would like to apologize to the community for creating this thread later than I normally would. It is my aim to post these sign-up threads for the monthly tourneys (which after the month begins become the battle report threads, if you will) two weeks in advance of the respective month. In other words, halfway into the previous month's tourney I try to create these threads to give players ample time, half a month, to become aware of the tournament and register. So I beg your pardon for this delay. Without further ado...I give to you the EB Online Tournament: 2011 July.

Europa Barbarorum Online Tournament 2011 July

Point System

A very straightforward point system will be used. For each win, you gain one point. For each loss, you lose one point. NO TEAM GAMES.

There are two sets of points. Each player has his own point count. The second point count is the factional point count. Each faction has a number of wins and a number of losses equivalent to the total wins and losses of all players using that faction during that tourney month. Points only are counted for every month. There are no rollover points.

Signing Up
    Threads like these must be set up one or two weeks prior to the beginning of the tourney. Registrations will not be accepted after the start of the month. Let this be an example. To sign up for the tourney, reply to this post with your faction of choice. And I mean your final choice of faction. No changes will be allowed mid-way through the tourney. Once it begins, you're set. The only option you will have is to opt-out of the tourney (that is also final; no opt-out and then resume; if you have to have a week off, that's fine, but don't "fold your cards" unless you're completely sure).

Note: On Hamachi and in-game you must use the same name you use on The Guild. This is to avoid confusion. If you have a really long name, like "Hannibal Khan the Great", and you choose to use usernames like Hannibal Khan, that's fine. A shortened version of a long name is fine as long as it is recognizable.

Replays
    You must upload and submit replays by posting links to the replays here in the form of a reply. Remember to state who you played against and who the winner was. Only winners are allowed to post replays so as to avoid duplicates. Thank you.

Jury
    Every month, the tourney will have not only participating players but also jury members. Jury members cannot double as players in the same month, and players cannot double as jury members in the same month. The Jury is a board of a maximum of 9 members that adjudicate cases of conflict and protest. The minimum size of the Jury is 3 because it takes the agreement of 3 Jury members to come to a final verdict on who the winner was in special cases and whether cheating took place in protests for disqualification (DQ, wherein the game is not counted toward gain or loss). Three cases of cheating and the player is removed from that month's tourney, and his score contribution removed from the factional score as well. To be a Jury member you must state below that you wish to be so. Remember: This means you will not participate as a player and will solely make yourself available to review replays for cases of protest and conflict. There presumably won't be too many of these, so it shouldn't be much of a problem! All Jury members are respected and admired for their sacrifice. Thank you all.

And that's about it. If you want more of the nitty-gritty details, such as rules, what to do, what not to do, what to expect, etc., visit the website (it's a must-read for even the oldies). Find it at www.ebonline.tk. Use the contact button (links to our email: contact@ebonline.tk) for any concerns, questions or suggestions.

Networks
    EB Online #1 (non-tournament)
    Network ID: 031-664-896
    Password: eb

EB Online #2 (tournament)
    Network ID: 041-531-937
    Password: eb

EBOT 2011 July Score Report Schedule
    12 July 2011
    Info
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Scores

21 July 2011
    Info

Scores

1 August 2011 (Final Results)
    Info

Scores
    Last edited by vartan; 08-07-2011 at 19:41.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

Default Re: EBOT 2011 July

Carthage me sign up as.

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I'm be KH. I haven't had much time to play them in June due to school/work.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Sign me up as Aedui.
    Last edited by Brave Brave Sir Robin; 06-28-2011 at 01:30.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

I don't have time to play or jury, which makes me very sad, due to working on EB2, but I do have a youtube account and I would be willing to host any games you guys can send me, send them preferably as a standalone video format such as avi, mp4, etc... as I may not have time to record any that are sent as replay files, though I will try.

To send them, just upload to a hosting site and post the link here, or pm me for an email address if you need one.

Edit: If I do find the time to record replay files uploaded here, I may even try to cast them, that could be fun.
    Last edited by Tanit; 06-28-2011 at 00:59.

Cheers Tanit. Always our EB team member and multiplayer supporter.

EDIT: I will be accepting latecomers for July. Has to do with people's schedules and from discussing with people from different regions of the globe, it seems reasonable to accept all, as some may only be able to start mid-way.
    Last edited by vartan; 06-28-2011 at 06:54.
    Former Projects:

Stormy will be fighting as Saka, leading them to victory

Youd better. If I see Saka go -4 your dead :D

LOL :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    Youd better. If I see Saka go -4 your dead :D
    I think I did institute a 1 time switch policy when I ran these things :]
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

I'll continue playing as Baktria. They're always the best faction to me haha (especially with this new edu ;))
    From Gamegeek2

Baktria for me too

good you'll die together :p

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I'll go as Arverni this time.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

I'll participate but I do not know yet which faction to choose. As my usage of aedui seems to have motivated some others to chose the gauls I'll change my faction probably.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

For those who haven't seen the new EDU (it will be released tomorrow), a few things to aid your decisions:

1. Cavalry secondary weapons are better.
    2. Parthia got a bigger discount on cavalry, it was 15% now it's 20%.
    3. Hayasdan got a bigger discount on cavalry, their cav costs are reduced by 15%.
    4. "Greeks" (I mean non-successor ones) get 5% off hoplite costs now.
    5. "Successors" get 5% off noble cavalry costs.
    6. All elite infantry units except four (Gaesatae, Tindanotae, Dubosaverlacica, and Dosidataskeli) regular units and the three infantry generals now have a base unit size of 40 (that means 80 men on large and 160 on huge). Every one of these had a cost altering.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Would be nice if militia hoplites were size 100.

would be nice if hoplites had a sword or something as secondary. BTW Good Job on Elite thing YAAAY I've been waiting for this 80 men elites :D

Maybe make Phalanxes 100 men? I mean , just look at what the players are using , Pantodapoi Phalangitai is way too exploitable.

just one issue, i;ll add to burbista's case, now There are 120 man phalanx units out there, correct? and what are we given to defend our selves against 120 man phalanxes? 60 man slingers with 1 missile attack value. Ok i know they have AP, but even if they have AP, you cant give them only 60 men and 1 attack value and expect them to do much. why do slingers have AP, becuase they are meant to take out armoured units, they are meant to kill phalanx so give them more damage, i know what you guys are thinking "your thinking they will be Over powered , well dont you think 1 attack is underpowered?

Bottum line is: Slingers are Horribly under powered due to giving them the least amount of men in the missile class(only 60) and on top of that they only get 1 or 2 attack, and only one of them gets 3 attack. thats just ridiculous even if they have AP, the AP trait can only do so much.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -Stormrage- View Post
    just one issue, i;ll add to burbista's case, now There are 120 man phalanx units out there, correct? and what are we given to defend our selves against 120 man phalanxes? 60 man slingers with 1 missile attack value. Ok i know they have AP, but even if they have AP, you cant give them only 60 men and 1 attack value and expect them to do much. why do slingers have AP, becuase they are meant to take out armoured units, they are meant to kill phalanx so give them more damage, i know what you guys are thinking "your thinking they will be Over powered , well dont you think 1 attack is underpowered?

Bottum line is: Slingers are Horribly under powered due to giving them the least amount of men in the missile class(only 60) and on top of that they only get 1 or 2 attack, and only one of them gets 3 attack. thats just ridiculous even if they have AP, the AP trait can only do so much.
    Storm, I'm pretty sure we played a practice game where my slingers absolutely wrecked your catas. 600 mnai investment beating up a 3200 mnai investment. How can you say they are useless? I see slingers as the main missile contingent about 1/3 of the time. Other people obviously don't consider them useless.

As far as phalanxes, maybe PP can be made a little bit more expensive? After all, unlike most infantry of that level and number, they require significant training to use their pikes and formation properly. That being said, phalanxes are not op at all. Anyone who knows how to beat them can and will. We have rules that limit them considerably anyway. Even when I play phalanx nations I am somewhat hesitant to bring them.
    Last edited by Brave Brave Sir Robin; 06-30-2011 at 15:46.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Phalanx is already extremely weak, why make it weaker?

ok Lazyo i dont know where the hell you got the idea that i wanted to make phalanx weaker. I dont see it anywhere in my post where i said make phalanx weaker. i said make slingers better at killing phalanx and heavy infantry. there is a differnece please dont twist words around.

second of all to robin :i never said phalanx is OP please give me the quote where i said phalanx is OP.

third of all to robin : I am talkign about slingers killing heavy infantry, and they cant effectively kill heavy infantry with only 60 men. i mean there are units out threr with 100 and 120 men and your giving us 60 man sligners with 1 attack value to kill them with.

You have heavy infantry to kill heavy infantry, archers,slinger,javelin throwers come under supporting arms and are not meant to win a battle on their own.

Yep, supporting units are not meant to kill heavy infantry on their own. Phalanx are not weak and not too strong, they are ok now with the reduced shield value. Sure they have a lot of men but I did not really have problems to win against phalanx this tourney and I'm surely not the best player here...

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

You have heavy infantry to kill heavy infantry, archers,slinger,javelin throwers come under supporting arms and are not meant to win a battle on their own.
    i never said i want supporting units to kill heavies all on t heir own. i just dont want them to actually get some kills, in other words they must support. right now there support isnt very effective, why do you twist my words. again i never said i want support units to win the battle on their own, i just want them to have their important role as support units recognized by thier stats. meaning no more 60 man slingers with 1 missile attack value, when there are 120 man heavy infantry out there shredding through everything. it doesnt make sense to have 120 man heavies and all you give us to counter them are 60 man slingers. I hope you understand me now i cant keep repeating.

Slingers and archers right now are effective support troops storm. What I have trouble swallowing is the fact that foot skirmishers are practically useless in this 20-slot-max game.
    Former Projects:

The ones with spears are not useless.

The ones with spears are not useless.
    Indeed, they are not bad against Cataphracts (!) and really good against other cavalry if they have high enough numbers. Their numbers (to 120) is one of their other advantages. And non-spear skirmishers can be used against anarmoured archers, slingers and light infantry with good use. They do not seem to be useless.

In the new EDU iberian troops are stripped from the roster of the kh.

-Many Iberian units removed from KH roster
    Why did you change that gamegeek? They were meant to represent the greek cities at the east coast. You can get this units there as KH and they belong to your victory conditions as far as I remember. I think it was one advantage of the KH that they got a lot of different regional units all over the mediterranean. Not the best troops but a lot of diversity was possible.
    Last edited by Kival; 07-01-2011 at 01:06.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

OK guys. This is going OT.
    I change my faction now :P . I'll play as Makedonia. Just...testing :P
    From Gamegeek2

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast