Thread: Slower conversion rate and more rebellions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Slower conversion rate and more rebellions

I'm playing MTW: VI with XL mod and I'm trying to make the game a bit more challenging. I try to role-play as much as possible (for example no edge hugging etc.) and as a default I change the starting cash for AI to 20 000 and for myself to 1000 gold. This makes the beginning more difficult, but once I survive long enough and get my prvinces developed, victory is inevitable.

As one thing which I find most unrealistic in MTW is the ease of maintaining a large empire (I know, it's supposed to be a game, but anyway...). I thought that one way to make it more difficult would be to increase the probability of rebellions. Ideally this would be done by raising the overall rebellion probability and changing that the ruler would only affect the loyalty of the province he is in and the neighbouring provinces, but not provinces connected by sea areas with ships, so larger empires would face constant rebellions and small kingdoms very few or none. Has anybody tried this or has anybody any idea how to mod this?

I was also wondering is it possible to change the unrest probability of a single faction or is it only possible to change a unrest probability of a single province?

I found this on the wiki on how to change the unrest setting for a province:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/wiki/ind..._Startpos_File
    SetAttributes:: This line sets most of the important province specific data. The data is in order of name, inherent unrest (in increments of 10%), province culture, climate, architecture, mapgroup, farm income (actual income is 52% of this value), castle name, land type, vista, river, and victory setting. The terrain and climate determine the map to use for rebellion and sieges.

SetAttributes:: HOLLAND "Netherlands" 2 CATHOLIC_CULTURE LUSH AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN -1 340 "Rotterdam" COAST FLAT RIVER TRUE
    So if I have understood this correctly changing the number "2" between "Netherlands" and CATHOLIC_CULTURE to 3 (three) would change the inherent unrest from 20% to 30%?

One other thing which has also something to do with unrest: I think population of provinces convert to another religion far too quickly, it won't take many years for a province that was once 100% muslim to change to 80-90% christian. In reality I think this change would take much longer and any attempt for a quick change would lead to unrest.
    Conversion rates caused by buildings and agents can be changed (I supposed combat units do not affect conversion?), but is there any way to change the annual conversion rate from one religion to another or are agents and buildings the only factors changing the conversion rate?
    Last edited by Kolvorok; 06-28-2011 at 13:59.