Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3.4 EDU - SUGGESTIONS

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Default 3.4 EDU - SUGGESTIONS

I'm putting this on a timetable. I want to finish this EDU, to be the final EDU for June, by Thursday at Midnight Eastern Time US. As such I am now collecting all suggestions for what changes should be made to EDU 3.3 to make June's (and hopefully July's and August's) EDU.

Changes suggested thus far:
    -Decreasing of steppe unit ammo except for basic HAs (ones with just a bow and short sword)
    -Increasing of archer ammo for some non-steppe units (example: Persian Archers)
    -Altering of Sarmatian infantry roster (shrinking the total number of units available, factionalizing units and limiting mercs to the standard number)
    -Buff to steppe infantry units (Sauro/Saka spearmen) and some levy spear units.

Quote Originally Posted by BSR
    Well besides what we just discussed two units that need recosting or restatting...

1. Indo-Iranian Light cavalry
    2. Caturige Gaedann

Also I think Dumnamica should be disciplined as should Thorakitai. Perhaps higher accuracy ratings for Lusitanian skirmishers too? The Ambusher unit at least. A cost bump is alright but it would be nice for Luso's to actually be the best at light skirmishing.
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 05-22-2012 at 05:19.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Default Re: 3.4 EDU - SUGGESTIONS

disciplined thorakitai would be good seeing as they arent very useful compared to other units at the moment, you mentioned that the getic light phalanxes need a 4 shield, and id like to add that the african elite infantry could do with a sprite seeing as when zoomed out their only indication is a unit marker, and in a melee theres about 20 unit markers. i suggest maybe the ptoly thorakitai sprite as thats about the same shape and color.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I'd like to see Indo-Iranians as a 60 man unit with lower morale and a similar price. They are far too light to be 50 men and don't hit hard enough to qualify their cost.

Caturige Gaedann need extra men too. Perhaps 100 or 90. They also cost substantially more than units like Galaiche while having fewer men and not doing much better except not routing.

Maybe a modest uptick to spear units lethality? We discussed this but either way its fine.

Libypho infantry should not be disciplined, in the same vein as regular Hoplitai.

Eastern Medium cav are worse than and cost more than Median Medium Cavalry.

Don't forget about Hippeis and Equites or have you already completed them? Bah you have. Stream of consciousness posts are the best.

Perhaps moderate/heavy cost decrease for elite phalangites and light cost decrease for pezhetairoi/hysteroi pez. Still keep regular pez over 1850.

Our pahlava friends have the issue of Dahae Noble Cav being not much better than Dehbeds anymore yet costing significantly more. They also have lesser charge which seems odd. Also parthian spears should be cheaper. My rear produces more interesting results than they do.

Oh and you wanted to redo Khusvanagangvarnagroamadcaleodlz (Kinsmen Heavy Cav) and also Cappadocian Medium Cav need a complete overhaul I think.

Ok, you asked for it so it is all on the forum now and everyone should be having a good laugh at my expense. So it goes when you type this up at 2 am after work.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

Confiscate long range Tau plasma guns from Rhodian "slingers" .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Member thankful for this post:

lmt96 

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    lol

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

There's nothing wrong with Rhodian slinger range. You say in that other post that they have longer range than Scythian foot archers, but that's hardly surprising: all slingers have that, except for Balearics. This is all fine and proper, since slingers should have longer range than bows and Rhodians were well known for their skills with it.

Also Triballi Infantry lost to Illergetans in a test battle me and LMT just fought. They need at least +1 defense skill to justify their price compared to other 80 man longsword units which have 13 vs 11.
    Last edited by Brave Brave Sir Robin; 05-16-2012 at 04:43.
    From Brennus for wit.

I suggest making Rome stronger. I mean like... much, much more stronger!
    My girlfriend plays EB (plus she is hottie). I won the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
    I suggest making Rome stronger. I mean like... much, much more stronger!
    How descriptive.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

"To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Yikes Rome is already simple to play as. All 4 eras have amazing advantages over most other factions. I hope your comment was made in jest
    From Brennus for wit.

Of course;D Ok which EDU you suggest to practice and finally choose faction before the great tour begins? Current edu will do or shall i wait for the newest?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
    Of course;D Ok which EDU you suggest to practice and finally choose faction before the great tour begins? Current edu will do or shall i wait for the newest?
    If you would like 'practice' (I would simply call it 'fun'), I suggest grabbing the latest (3.3) and just playing around. There's nothing that's really like throwing yourself into the heat of battle and seeing what works, and what doesn't. Don't wait!
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Yavana 

please keep in mind the suggested changes for archer accuracy and thorakitai morale boosts

Oh Capo, you got here before I could. Yeah, smaller difference between medium and high archer accuracies and maybe a slight cost decrease to medium accuracy archers. They are pretty costly currently.
    From Brennus for wit.

Again Slinger range, if none of you is willing to discuss it in my thread I can assume that you have withdrawn your arguments and admitted defeat . Hurr Durr

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Did you ever get around to making more peltastai like units? A lot of the hillmen should play like peltastai. Its so fun to play like that too.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Cappadocian and Hyrkanian Hillmen are now skirmishers. Lucanian Light infantry and Bagaudas are as well. I think about 5-6 light infantry units have been converted into skirmishers which is nice.

Some more playtesting with LMT has yielded yet some more interesting results. We did legions vs. Loricati Scutari (sword ones) with the idea that scutari should handily beat them as heavy ap infantry that costs substantially more. Well, they did handily beat the post-Marian ones. They got their butts handed to them by the Imperials however. The Imperials also killed 10(!) with one pila volley. Basically, the Imperial ones are far too strong compared to post-Marian legions. The extra morale, attack, defense, and accuracy more than makes up for the 10 less men per unit. In fact the results weren't even close. Scutari beat the post-Marians with 38 men remaining while the Imperials had 34 men remaining after routing the Scutari. I think we need to reevaluate the difference in eras before Sunday rolls around.

Also, the difference in accuracy between pila and solifera. Is there a reason that pilum are that much more accurate?

More playtesting oddities. Loricati Caetrati destroy Loricati Scutari with 40 men remaining. This was an odd one. Might the formation for the Scutari be too loose? Or is their defense skill too low? Also they have lower morale than the Caetrati which is very strange considering they are the best infantry of the Iberians.

Overall I have found the Loricati Scutari to be underwhelming compared to other infantry in their tier which prompted the original test against legions and then led me to test this one.
    Last edited by Brave Brave Sir Robin; 05-18-2012 at 17:32.
    From Brennus for wit.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Overall I have found the Loricati Scutari to be underwhelming compared to other infantry in their tier which prompted the original test against legions and then led me to test this one.
    That's strange but it fits with my personal experience with them. They never did very well contrary to their description to be good file and line units.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Cappadocian and Hyrkanian Hillmen are now skirmishers. Lucanian Light infantry and Bagaudas are as well. I think about 5-6 light infantry units have been converted into skirmishers which is nice.

Some more playtesting with LMT has yielded yet some more interesting results. We did legions vs. Loricati Scutari (sword ones) with the idea that scutari should handily beat them as heavy ap infantry that costs substantially more. Well, they did handily beat the post-Marian ones. They got their butts handed to them by the Imperials however. The Imperials also killed 10(!) with one pila volley. Basically, the Imperial ones are far too strong compared to post-Marian legions. The extra morale, attack, defense, and accuracy more than makes up for the 10 less men per unit. In fact the results weren't even close. Scutari beat the post-Marians with 38 men remaining while the Imperials had 34 men remaining after routing the Scutari. I think we need to reevaluate the difference in eras before Sunday rolls around.

Also, the difference in accuracy between pila and solifera. Is there a reason that pilum are that much more accurate?

More playtesting oddities. Loricati Caetrati destroy Loricati Scutari with 40 men remaining. This was an odd one. Might the formation for the Scutari be too loose? Or is their defense skill too low? Also they have lower morale than the Caetrati which is very strange considering they are the best infantry of the Iberians.

Working on making Carthage stronger before the tournament?;D Damn, and my super duper suggestion about making Rome stronger was denied :( <sad> Maybe it really was too descriptive... hmmm

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel Member Kival's Avatar

Actually you don't need them as Carthage as the iberian assault infantry is much better but in my experience it was always sad that using them never really was an viable option.

‘Abdü’l-Mecīd-i evvel

Yes its much more important to Lusos in all honesty if anyone wishes to take the plunge with those guys.
    From Brennus for wit.

Don't Loricati Scutari have good stamina while the Iberian Assaults don't? I could also give them legionary spacing.

I can yank Imperial accuracy down to medium. That seems like a fine idea.
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 05-18-2012 at 18:35.

Yavana 

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

I can confirm the Loricati Scutari sentiment, I always found them awful/underperforming in MP...

Again Slinger range, if none of you is willing to discuss it in my thread I can assume that you have withdrawn your arguments and admitted defeat . Hurr Durr

just realized that heavy persian archers are more expensive than cretan archers, and yet just looking at the stats nowhere near as effective (less arrows, morale, attack and defense) could i request a price drop for them?

Yeah prices of all non-armored archers (I don't consider Heavy Persians to be armored since they lack shields) are a little whack right now since steppe FA absolutely massacre all the others at the moment usually at less or considerably less cost. I think GG2 is currently addressing this through accuracy, but pricing should be looked at too. Heavy Persians don't double as light infantry like Cretans, Agrianians or Syrians, nor as medium infantry like Bosporans. I'd like to see their price drop a bit too.

Oh and don't forget to change solifera so their accuracy ratings are the same as pila.
    From Brennus for wit.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    I can confirm the Loricati Scutari sentiment, I always found them awful/underperforming in MP...
    They are too squishy which has always been weird.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    I can yank Imperial accuracy down to medium. That seems like a fine idea.
    NO. JUST NO. I BEG YOU!
    Is there a way to balance sweboz till the tournament so Featheared Serpent wont get beaten badly by all of us?(except storm:>):(

Sweboz really isn't that bad. You can ask LazyO and I will gladly play you as Sweboz in fun matches. Who knows, maybe I'll take up that challenge for July depending on how I do in June. All you need to know is, cheap, cheap, cheap, swords, swords, swords, spears, fear, swords, and they DON'T EVER BREAK!!!!!!!!!
    From Brennus for wit.

Vlixes 

Hmm... Interesting

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast