Thread: EB Online Tournament 2014: A Call to Arms

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default EB Online Tournament 2014: A Call to Arms

EB Online Tournament 2014: A Call to Arms

Introduction
    It has been a while and our swords have rusted, but I call on you to polish that steel and ready yourselves for another round of our dearest old friend, Europa Barbarorum Online summer tournament. In the days of old, we would run two or more month-long tournaments during the summer. Last year (2013) proved to us that EB as a multiplayer game was aging, nearing what seems to be its end. In honor of everyone who participated in the development of this great mod, which is now culminating in the first public release of its sequel, let us raise our swords one last time.

Setup
    The setup should be familiar to the veterans. For the newcomers to the multiplayer scene, please visit our Getting Started and Rules pages so as to familiarize yourself with the necessary custom EDU as well as our detailed ruleset. Please do not feel daunted! It is simpler than it seems at first glance. This tournament will be a Single Elimination tournament with each matchup being determined by the Best of Three battles. The exception is the Finals which will be Best of Five. Players are seeded randomly.

Sign-ups, Start and End Date
    Sign-ups are accepted until Thursday, 12 June 2014, at 11:59 PM EDT (New York; UTC -4 hours). The tournament thus begins on (wait for it!) Friday the 13th of June 2014. I will announce the closure of sign-ups with a reply to this thread and an update to this first post. The tournament ends when the finals are over. I trust the players to arrange their match times among themselves, but please resolve through the end of finals before 31 July 2014, before the release of EB II. Please connect using our Hamachi network (100-792-846; eb).

Prizes
    1st Place
    2nd place

Getting Started
    Rules
    Tournament Bracket

For all suggestions, concerns, questions or concerns, please reply to this thread or feel free to send me private message.

Game on,

Vartan
    Last edited by vartan; 01-30-2015 at 09:04. Reason: cleanup
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Members thankful for this post (3):