Thread: Medieval Total War is coming to Steam!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Medieval Total War is coming to Steam!

Aaanddddd here we go!

According to the latest Rally Point, our beloved Medieval Total War is coming to Steam.

That means no more video card problems and dozens of fixes, plus you can have it alongside your other Total War games. Plus, more players to this incredible game, hopefully the MP will work out as well.
    Woo woo woo
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Members thankful for this post (2):

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Medieval Total War is coming to Steam!

If they have fixed the problems with the video cards and newer OSes, this is really something to celebrate!

I wonder how the Steam version will work with mods...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

I also wonder how multiplayer will work. STW/MTW were more about MP battles (and player clans) than the later titles.
    This space intentionally left blank

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Yeah, I definitely noticed that bit when I was watching the video. (I thought I was hallucinating at first!) Definitely outstanding news!

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    If they have fixed the problems with the video cards and newer OSes, this is really something to celebrate!
    Indeed. I really hope they have; that would be simply fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    I wonder how the Steam version will work with mods...
    That was my other main question/concern as well (other than the compatibility with modern machines/OS's). Here's hopin'!
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Please, oh lord, please.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

I'm not so sure about that,as I've been trying to get a clear answer from them on that regard on the Total War official forums,and they haven't replied to my question/s as of yet. I'd like to think they know better to release a game in this condition but after Rome 2, I'm doubtful let's just say.

Apparently, Medieval TW will get Windows 7 & 8 compatibility, along with large screen usage (16:9 and 4:3) and some form of MP through LAN.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

I suppose that's better then nothing; Steam sucks. I'd been much happier if they went with GOG.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Technically, it should allow the MP scene to play on hosted servers, given that the game is now reworked for the modern video cards and Steam.

Proud

Been to:

Does this work with Windows 10?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

When Win10 first came out, I don't think the Steam version worked with it. That may have changed since, but I haven't heard that is does work, and cannot verify it personally.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Game is on sale until September 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

http://steamspy.com/app/345260

110.000 Medieval TW owners on Steam, and about 30.000 players.

Proud

Been to:

I finally got around to play the game - on Steam that is - all going smooth and no problems so far. What I noticed also is a performance improvement as well, turn "thinking" is decreased slightly.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    I finally got around to play the game - on Steam that is - all going smooth and no problems so far. What I noticed also is a performance improvement as well, turn "thinking" is decreased slightly.
    Camera moving speed (campaign map) is increased significantly too, especially, late game when there are hundreds of stacks on the map. Original version can still cripple even strongest GPUs.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

I didn't notice that yet, I haven't advanced much, but it's a definite refreshment of the original game even slightly. Great stuff to be fair.

Proud

Been to: